Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard that as well about prior generation cases, was curious if the issue got resolved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You lifeproof guys, do the cases on the new iPhones, do they still muffle the sounds unless you open the charging hatch?

I heard that as well about prior generation cases, was curious if the issue got resolved.

Just got my wife a 5s and a LP Nuud case 2 weeks ago... muffles like a mofo.  It is the price you pay I guess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just got my wife a 5s and a LP Nuud case 2 weeks ago... muffles like a mofo.  It is the price you pay I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You lifeproof guys, do the cases on the new iPhones, do they still muffle the sounds unless you open the charging hatch?

My wife and I both have a Nuud on our phones and we can hear each other with zero degradation.  My Dad had one that muffled pretty badly, and it turned out to be counterfeit.  There are tons of fakes out there, even on amazon, I only buy direct from lifeproof.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]
iPone 6, Speck case...very minimalist...has saved it a few times...
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Magpul
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Newtrent. It's an otter box type case from Amazon on a 6+ was only $20 delivered and as good as the otter box on my old phones and iPad. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Americans are insulated to the actual cost of a modern smartphone by the shitty monthly payment plans foisted on us.  If every American had to plunk down the $700 a phone costs up front nobody would use one without protecting it, well unless you are wealthy enough to not give a damn when you destroy your $700 from a single careless drop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

75% of iPhone users want to use a case.

87% of iPhone users use a case.

I'm part of the 13% that does not.  A ridiculous number of engineering man-hours have been spent trying to make the damned thing as close to nonexistent as humanly possible.  Ruining the form factor and usability with a case is like putting training wheels on a Tesla.

Americans are insulated to the actual cost of a modern smartphone by the shitty monthly payment plans foisted on us.  If every American had to plunk down the $700 a phone costs up front nobody would use one without protecting it, well unless you are wealthy enough to not give a damn when you destroy your $700 from a single careless drop.

Speak for yourself, buddy. (actually, good point)

I paid something stupid like $880 for my iPhone 5s, and that was after the iPhone 6 came out. This is why mine wears a lifeproof.

My phone took a shit and I was working on call, 24/7. It was regular for me to get called out in the middle of the night. I needed a new phone RFN so I paid full price.

As far as muffling the sounds, I do notice it a little bit, It does seem plenty loud though when I watch youtube videos on it.

I have the nuud along with a glass screen protector. It's waterproof, and I still get the feeling of glass rather than plastic. My 4s wore a lifeproof with the built in screen protector similar to the fre and I really like the glass better.

A friend of mine used a glass screen protector and didn't break it so it must be indestructible.

ETA: I can hear someone talking to me on the phone fine. It does muffle the sound of the bottom speaker a little bit though. A cheap bluetooth speaker works much better than using the iPhone speaker anyways, so it's not a big deal to me. It's the price you pay for it being waterproof.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#7]
apple leather case
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm part of the 13% that does not.  A ridiculous number of engineering man-hours have been spent trying to make the damned thing as close to nonexistent as humanly possible.  Ruining the form factor and usability with a case is like putting training wheels on a Tesla.

It's not a wealth thing, it's a showing proper respect for the $700 computer in your pocket thing.  A significant aspect of ownership is lost when you wrap it in a quarter inch of phone condom.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Otterbox Commuter
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:09:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Still on a IPhone 5 here and use the Atlas by Incipio. Pretty much the best case I've seen and used that offers 100% protection.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:17:57 AM EDT
[#11]
iPhone 6 Plus with UAG case.

Gold iPhone x Clear case = pimpin'
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not a wealth thing, it's a showing proper respect for the $700 computer in your pocket thing.  A significant aspect of ownership is lost when you wrap it in a quarter inch of phone condom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with you 100%. No case on my 6 Plus, matter of fact I've never used a case since my first iPhone 3G, and I upgrade yearly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My wife and I both have a Nuud on our phones and we can hear each other with zero degradation.  My Dad had one that muffled pretty badly, and it turned out to be counterfeit.  There are tons of fakes out there, even on amazon, I only buy direct from lifeproof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Calls aren't what I was talking about.  I'm concerned about the external speaker for videos and music.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Magpul. My phone is still intact, so I guess it's effective.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
My 5S resides in a Rokform.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am using the Slim Armor case from Spigen for my iPhone 5s. So far it has worked great. I have dropped my phone a couple of times and have suffered no damage.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-5s/iphone-5-5s-case-slim-armor-s.html
View Quote

Same here.  Got it at first because it was the only 5S case I could find at the time but I've kept it and it's worked out great.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Otter box Defender for Iphone6. Ivevusedvthem on all of my previous Iphonesvas well as my IPads. I dig em....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Mophie juice pack plus for my iphone 5. Its two years old and falling apart.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the Lifeproof Fre I think on a 4S.  Slim case with great protection. Downside is the case itself isn't very durable and I'm on my third one (Lifeproof replaced both the previous cases for free since they failed before a year was out).  The waterproof earphone jack is also a constant pain in the ass since I have lost three of those now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lifeproof or nothing for me.
View Quote

It's the only one I've owned, but I like it.

Doesn't hurt the phone and case were paid for by work.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having broken Otterbox Defenders with my 4s, I switched to the Lifeproof and love it.  It's a hell of a lot slimmer, but has been much more durable so far.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have the Lifeproof Fre I think on a 4S.  Slim case with great protection. Downside is the case itself isn't very durable and I'm on my third one (Lifeproof replaced both the previous cases for free since they failed before a year was out).  The waterproof earphone jack is also a constant pain in the ass since I have lost three of those now.
View Quote

The earphone jack cover is tethered on the 5/6 cases.  You lost the adapter or the port cover?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Newtrent case for iphone 6

So far it has been a great case for the money, I used to be a diehard otterbox guy too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Otterbox Defender
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I've had every iPhone and every Magpul case.  I stick with Magpul and recommend them.  Price is excellent, too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Magpul
View Quote

Same.  Bright yellow so I can find.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Spigen iPhone 5S Slim Armor S. Works great, takes a beating and keeps on trucking along.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Griffin Survivor on both my iPhone and iPad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#30]
For my yrs of smartphone usage, Otterbox has been my go-to case.  Got a Magpul a month ago, havent looked back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Not a damn thing. Take care of your belongings and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Urban Armor Gear. Magpul phone cases suck, and yes, I had one for my iPhone 5.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Magpul
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Otter Box.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#36]
None.

I have a 5S. They're pretty rugged, you know. And since I'm getting a different phone roughly every two years, I care not for cosmetic wear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
None.

I have a 5S. They're pretty rugged, you know. And since I'm getting a different phone roughly every two years, I care not for cosmetic wear.
View Quote

I've gotten more than $300 trade in on my last two iPhones, because they were immaculate due to the case I used.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've gotten more than $300 trade in on my last two iPhones, because they were immaculate due to the case I used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None.

I get whatever the Apple Store gives. They giveth, they taketh away.

But I want to say when we traded in the wife's 5 for a 6, we got a decent amount. Decent enough that I don't remember it as being TOO bad...

But seriously. The convenience and handiness of a caseless iPhone, in all its glorious nakedness, is hard to overstate. Add an Applecare plan to that for those genuine LOL WHOOPS moments, and good to go!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Otterbox Defender - Company supplied phone and case - if I use anything else I'm paying out of pocket for any damage.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#40]
otterbox defender in one of the camo patterns, iphone 5
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#41]
I used an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 5 for two years and it worked awesome. It saved my phone more than a few times from drops and so when I got a 6, I bought another Defender. My phone fell out of my pocket a couple of weeks ago and landed on the top left corner....... I had to get my phone replaced and now I just run a Speck Candyshell grip.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not a damn thing. Take care of your belongings and see what happens.
View Quote

A case is how you take care of things. Especially if you're clumsy or use your phone while doing stuff with your hands.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Mophie Juice Pack on my 5.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Otterbox defender ok my 6  they made the defender smaller for the 6. It is no where as bulky as it was on the 4 and the 5
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I have the same orange and camo Otterbox that everyone else has. I had a Magpul on my old one and loved it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Whatever the top tier Otterbox for the 5 was called before they came out with one compatible with the fingerprint scanner. In a couple weeks i'll have a 6 in a lifeproof.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Sassy, but not over the top.

Playful, but oh so practical.

It speaks of who I am...and where I've been.

Retro-chic.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Ballistic Hardcore, but I'm still using an iPhone 4S
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#49]
magpul
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#50]
LifeProof
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top