Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2015 11:41:36 PM EDT
Once again the threat of a ban of some kind looms driving prices up.  Gun owners react to skyrocketing prices by buying more "just in case".

Just in case what?!?  "I pissed my money away on $.87/rd blasting ammo whose only reason for buying it was it being was cheap blasting ammo."

If every one of you panic buyers was throwing some of that panic ammo cash to the NRA-ILA, SAF or even Nolo's suit you wouldn't have to worry about ammo or gun bans because the pro-gun forces would be much stronger.

Think of the millions of rounds that every dufus is lining his closet floor with an do the math on how much cash was spent in a fruitless effort to fight the anti's "just in case".

News flash - If they ban inexpensive ammo (to be followed by heavy restrictions on expensive ammo) you might have enough in your ammo fort for you but not for anyone who follows you.  Burn some of that money on ensuring the next generation will have the opportunity you did to get involved in shooting instead of futilely buying pallet loads of ammo for some "just in case" TEOTWAKI scenario that will never happen.

TLDR: Spend some cash on gun rights instead of overpriced ammo.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
yo mama
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes Suh! I'll gets right on that.

Or not...............

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
perhaps you should spend some money on some kotex? maybe vagisil?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone had hemorrhoids treated and if so, how did you and how successful was it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Csb!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Aint nobody got time fo dat!  

Remember this is arfcom GD, home of the selfish, knee jerk fuckhead who only cares about himself and his basement fantasies.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
perhaps you should spend some money on some kotex? maybe vagisil?
View Quote

and decaf just to be safe
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Agreed. But, I'm also buying ammo (not at neckbeard prices, though).
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally, a "don't do it" thread.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry i was neck bearding ammo what was the question

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Whats an acceptable price for "budget" ammo?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#12]
cause they never ban nuthin anyway.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#13]
are you going to neckbeard some of that cheap $0.87 ammo you bought?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Original
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#16]
The stupidest part about this is that M855 is popular because it's (previously) cheap.  Now folks are paying scalper rates for "cheap" ammo to shoot.

$.67 cpr and we're bragging about it and he's not alone.  Not exactly budget ammo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I have all your other requirements covered, am I allowed to buy some extra ammo?

Pretty Please????
View Quote

I guess I'll allow it just this once but for the prices I'm seeing I'd just go whole hog and get Mk262.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The stupidest part about this is that M855 is popular because it's (previously) cheap.  Now folks are paying scalper rates for "cheap" ammo to shoot.

$.67 cpr and we're bragging about it and he's not alone.  Not exactly budget ammo.
View Quote

I think the people here who bought it paid a whole lot less then that. Which is why they bought it when they did.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Burn some of that money on ensuring the next generation will have the opportunity you did to get involved in shooting instead of futilely buying pallet loads of ammo for some "just in case" TEOTWAKI scenario that will never happen..
View Quote

"Get involved in shooting"?   What kind of bullshit is that?    "Not being a serf" isn't a hobby.

I'm not buying 5.56 for 80 cents a round; I haven't needed to buy any in years and roll my own now anyways.  

Meanwhile there are people looking in their closet and realizing they have 100 rounds of centerfire rifle ammo to their name, and deciding to do something about it.   Coming to that realization late is expensive, but it's also a lot more important than a bunch of whiny people trying to find cheap plinking ammo.   Most of these people aren't panicked, they're angry, and they're serious about it.

You are fundamentally not serious about any of this.  Fuck your plinking.

If you aren't new to owning firearms and didn't have the ammo on hand you needed before now and were relying on just waltzing down to the store and picking it up for cheap, you're a fool.  

If you think there is some magical solution to our fiscal death-spiral that involves puppies and rainbows, you're an even bigger fool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I guess I'll allow it just this once but for the prices I'm seeing I'd just go whole hog and get Mk262.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I have all your other requirements covered, am I allowed to buy some extra ammo?

Pretty Please????

That's what I did.  I liberated my M855 stash and replaced it with IMI razor core.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]
If the next generation needs ammo, they can buy it from my kids.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Gun owners react to skyrocketing prices by buying more "just in case". Just in case what?!?
View Quote

Almost every gun law treachery was sprung upon us, rammed through before any real defense could be mounted, and was permanent...for all time. Your post completely dismisses that history. You sound like a guy who in 1986 is saying "no need to buy those machine guns, calm down!" or a guy who in 1994 says "no need to buy that chicom steel core AK ammo, calm down!" The fact is, this regime may **** gun owners at ANY moment...and Republicans are notoriously bad at letting this crap stand when they seize power. "Temporary" things that people like you say we shouldn't worry about are exceptionally likely to be permanent things that we damn well SHOULD have worried about.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think the people here who bought it paid a whole lot less then that. Which is why they bought it when they did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I bought some on day 1 of the panic.  IMI M855 $435/1200 so 36.3 cents a round + shipping = 39 cents a round shipped.  2 cases.  I prefer M193 but I wanted to add some to the M855 stash.  Yes, I know about the advantages of M193 at shorter ranges over M855 which is why I like M193 better.  Panics aren't supposed to be logical.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I took it a step further. I used neckbeard proceeds to renew my NRA membership!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Once again the threat of a ban of some kind looms driving prices up.  Gun owners react to skyrocketing prices by buying more "just in case".

Just in case what?!?  "I pissed my money away on $.87/rd blasting ammo whose only reason for buying it was it being was cheap blasting ammo."

If every one of you panic buyers was throwing some of that panic ammo cash to the NRA-ILA, SAF or even Nolo's suit you wouldn't have to worry about ammo or gun bans because the pro-gun forces would be much stronger.

Think of the millions of rounds that every dufus is lining his closet floor with an do the math on how much cash was spent in a fruitless effort to fight the anti's "just in case".

News flash - If they ban inexpensive ammo (to be followed by heavy restrictions on expensive ammo) you might have enough in your ammo fort for you but not for anyone who follows you.  Burn some of that money on ensuring the next generation will have the opportunity you did to get involved in shooting instead of futilely buying pallet loads of ammo for some "just in case" TEOTWAKI scenario that will never happen.

View Quote

Someone pissed they didn't have an ammo stash and prices skyrocketed, even though this has happened how many times in the past 10 years????  With most 5.56 flying off the shelves, I'm using this opportunity to stock up on cheap LC 7.62.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Someone pissed they didn't have an ammo stash and prices skyrocketed, even though this has happened how many times in the past 10 years????
View Quote

I've got plenty of components to keep me going for a while although equipping folks for the last couple Appleseeds has cut into my .22 stash.

My rant was really directed at the folks who buy 855 at a premium "because it's being banned" when the whole reason to buy 855 was that it was cheap quality ammo.  From the reports there are a shitload of folks heading toward $1/rd as fast as they can click submit.  If they were really worried about losing their rights the pro gun organizations could use some more backing.

Free country.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh great, another "I can't find any ammo anywhere because people won't stop buying it before I do" thread....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#29]
The OP is right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Think I'll buy some ammo and sell to you and the other guys that are always ill prepared. Use profits for larger ammo fort.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:55:04 AM EDT
[#32]
contributing to gun rights organizations increases the likelihood that i will have ammo to shoot in the future.

buying actual ammo increases that likelihood a whole lot more.

so i'm just fine with the case that came in this afternoon.  granted it was crap, but at $0.225/rd, i'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:07:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I bought a lot more ammo and ss109 's for reloading than I normally would have but I have them.  And I didn't pay crazy prices.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#34]
i have a ton of ss109 i loaded up, it's crap and i don't shoot it.it is incredibly stupid to pay a premium for it
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:24:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Traders on the floor bitch and moan everyday about missing a buy.
You think the guy next to him gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question. We should be able to figure this out since there are A) no patents or real IP involved B) reasonably low barriers to entry and good substitute products and C) inputs are mostly raw materials/relatively commoditized. I dont have the time right now, but may make for a good thread later
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh great, another "I can't find any ammo anywhere because people won't stop buying it before I do" thread....
View Quote

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

For me, I buy when it's quality brass case m193 below $.30 per round.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:45:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I agree with you , OP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:50:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Sooooo, your search for m855 was fruitless, OP?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Most people are dumb, lazy, protectionist, paranoid, pathetic animals.

The more you know.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:58:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most people are dumb, lazy, protectionist, paranoid, pathetic animals.

View Quote

And that's just in GD! Think what the rest of the country is like.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I ordered 1000 of silver bear today. I have ARs and they are hungry. besides I don't think cash would mean squat to obamas gun control agenda but hey throw your cash away if you want to.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I got a life membership to the NRA this week.
Can I neckbeard now?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Op. Gd's stance is "fuck the next generation for not  being prepared." Because they obviously are sopposed to be born to an ammo fort.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Donated to NRA-ILA twice since the ban was announced so STFU?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Great thread.  We haven't done this one yet.  I very intently read the OP and will take the message to heart.  I wish we had more original and creative members to share with us new feelings like this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top