Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Lippert is an interesting guy.  One website indicates that he's gay.  

Lippert was a White House staff employee, and re-assigned to active duty Navy.  He continued to draw his $148k salary in addition to Navy pay.  

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/07/21/why-is-mark-lippert-still-on-the-white-house-payroll/

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tagged.

Just saw this break on fox news, no details yet either.

Doesn't SK have a pretty sizable "Go Home Yankee" movement?
View Quote

NK does...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

NK does...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tagged.

NK does...

I love this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bestkorealeader?ref=ts&fref=ts
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife's watching it on South Korean news.

She says the guy "has a crazy wrong patriotism" and "this guy have other terror record to Japan in 2010."  She's not a native English speaker, so I'm just repeating it as she says it.

Anyway, the news media over there is in an uproar because they are worried this will cause a change in US and Korean diplomatic relations.  She says, "This crazy guy made the image of Korea and Korean very bad."

They just showed him on YTN (which I get over here) and yeah, the guy looks like a typical nut.  Or the kind of guy you'd see at any US leftist protest.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Who thinks there will be more of these events to come?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
YTN TV reported that the man screamed, "South and North Korea should be reunified" as he launched the attack.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
YTN TV reported that the man screamed, "South and North Korea should be reunified" as he launched the attack.
View Quote

I guess they figure that if Iran can bully ZERO, they can too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone knows that there are no repercussions for these acts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So his body guards didn't do so good.
View Quote

Not all ambassador's have body guards.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hope someone got shot. Do they assign DSS agents to every ambassador?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attacked with a razor blade. Injuries on right cheek and hands.

Nope.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Met a Korean who wanted the US gone from Korea once.  Probably one of the most retarded people I have ever met.  Wanted all the US protection but only if NK attacked.  Supposedly the US was suppose mobilize, sail across the ocean, and come to their aid with no forces in place if NK attacked.  

When asked about the money US troops stationed in SK and the money the y pump into the economy, that needs to be made up for by a direct US stipend.  When asked why SK deserved a stipend from the US, his reason was the US owed SK for years of oppression and strong arming SK politics.

I wanted to ask him what he thought about the US involvement in the Korean war, if all those US deaths meant anything so that SK could remain communist free but I was at work and had already talked more politics than I care to at work.  

I've never met any other Korean that behaved like that.  In fact most of the Koreans I have ever encountered have been very gracious, especially to those in the military.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So his body guards didn't do so good.

Holy shit . Whose great idea was that. Fucking small town mayors have bodyguards.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Should have a few BG's.
Of course, it doesn't matter any more.
Wounds?
Could have got him in the throat.
As it is, could have damaged nerves, tendons, in has hand.
Serious Enough of an injury.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Did the attacker look kinda chubby and have a fucked up haircut?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Wife says Korean news is reporting the same guy threw two concrete rocks at the face of the Japanese ambassador in 2010 and visited North Korea six times between 2006 and 2007.  They're going to try him for attempted murder.

ETA:  He got into the meeting with a forged pass.  Some speculation that he might be controlled by North Korean handlers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
At least he wasn't left for dead by his govt, murdered, sodomized with a stick, and his corpse drug through the streets like some sort of war prize.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wife says Korean news is reporting the same guy threw two concrete rocks at the face of the Japanese ambassador in 2010 and visited North Korea six times between 2006 and 2007.  They're going to try him for attempted murder.

ETA:  He got into the meeting with a forged pass.  Some speculation that he might be controlled by North Korean handlers.
View Quote

If proven that's pretty much an act of war. Attempted assassination of a diplomat. Kim Jong Un might just have taken things to a new level of stupid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Hillarywhatdifferencedoesitmake.jpeg
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Were anyone else in office, I'd say that might make things a bit sporty on the peninsula.  With Obama in office, he might just give them Hawaii.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
So that make 2 on Zero's watch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

If this was an attempt, lets go. I am ready. I have tickets to the big show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If proven that's pretty much an act of war. Attempted assassination of a diplomat. Kim Jong Un might just have taken things to a new level of stupid.

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

shit, you dont have a ticket, your the fucking pilot for the ticket holders
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]

US ambassador Mark Lippert recieves 80 stitches to close cut on his cheek after attack in Seoul, doctors tell @cnnbrk

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

Isn't the estimated death toll something like a million people if the NoRKs decide its FO time?

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Perp

Table

Terrorist sat a few tables away, and gave flyers to some people at the table before moving towards Lippert

Supposedly, Lippert saw the terrorist walking towards him and thought he was going to ask for a handshake. Other account say Lippert was blindsided

Korean National Police did not get any request for security detail but knew the event was going to be held so they sent about 25-30 officers to site. Most were outside the building

This is not the first gathering by the same group as Lippert attended several times before.

Terrorist used a 25cm kitchen knife(10 inch)
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Article said the guy's name was Kim.  That's like 50% of Koreans.  There's only six common family names in the whole country.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure it's more than 6. Kim, Lee, Park are the 3 most common, but there are more than 6

The attacker was yelling about Key Resolve. He said he started preparing about 10 days ago.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:20:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it's more than 6. Kim, Lee, Park are the 3 most common, but there are more than 6

The attacker was yelling about Key Resolve. He said he started preparing about 10 days ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Article said the guy's name was Kim.  That's like 50% of Koreans.  There's only six common family names in the whole country.

Yeah, there's more than that, but the vast majority of Koreans are Kim, Lim, Park, Lee, Shin and one other.  My wife is a Shin.  My insurance guy was a Cho.  He went by "Joe" to foreigners.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Picture on twitter shows him with a HELL of a gash to the side of his face.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Not life threatening but damn.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Picture on twitter shows him with a HELL of a gash to the side of his face.
View Quote

link?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tagged.

View Quote

We should humor them and see how they like eating tree bark and not having electricity after NK invades.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

New level, hell.  They've had one of our warships on display as a trophy for nigh on fifty years.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So business as usual.  They are not going to start shooting anytime soon.  Everyone, including North Korea, wants the status quo.
View Quote

Not entirely true.  SK is still very pissed about those incidents and was ready to escalate the last time but the US was able to talk them down.  They don't like being smacked around over there and in a land where saving face is everything we may not be able to talk them down next time.  Most likely it will start with something small and each side will retaliate with increasing force until it turns into full scale war.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#36]
DP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

You guys actually think that 0 is gonna do anything about one of our traditional enemies?  Look at the ME.

You think the libertardians on here think we should do anything?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Could be the Norks.

This sort of stuff is right up their alley.
I'd love to it to be that Gangnam Style guy though.

That would get him back in the news for a bit.

View Quote

It's not. This guy is a public figure and has hurled concrete rocks at the Japanese ambassador in the past. He got off and was allowed to keep roaming the streets. He'll most likely be locked up for a long time now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attacked with a razor blade. Injuries on right cheek and hands.

They assign DSS agents to every mission; but generally they use local hires for the PSD,
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He's a douche of the highest order but also the face of the US in SK.

It's amazing how much we've lost respect all over the globe
View Quote

This
inch or two lower and that fucker would have bled out right there.

Ambassador used to be a highly respected position.  The current administration has made it clear that they don't care if foreigners smoke ours so this is the results
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya don't say.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Not a SEAL. He served as a staff support guy.

Congressional staffer who was tight with the Obama campaign.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck it lets bring everybody home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They kind of do.  Mostly dumb college kids that don't know any better.

Fuck it lets bring everybody home.

I second this.  Let them deal with their own problems.

Let's rather put those soldiers on our own border....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This

Ambassador used to be a highly respected position.  The current administration has made it clear that they don't care if foreigners smoke ours so this is the results
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a douche of the highest order but also the face of the US in SK.

It's amazing how much we've lost respect all over the globe

This

Ambassadors killed in office[edit]
Eight United States Ambassadors have been killed in office – six of them by armed attack and the other two in plane crashes.[40]
NameAmbassador toPlace of deathDate of deathKilled by
Laurence SteinhardtCanadaRamsayville, CanadaMarch 28, 1950plane crash
John MeinGuatemalaGuatemala City, GuatemalaAugust 28, 1968attack by Rebel Armed Forces
Cleo NoelSudanKhartoum, SudanMarch 2, 1973attack by Black September
Rodger DaviesCyprusNicosia, CyprusAugust 19, 1974attack during Greek Cypriot demonstration
Francis MeloyLebanonBeirut, LebanonJune 16, 1976attack by Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
Adolph DubsAfghanistanKabul, AfghanistanFebruary 14, 1979attack by Settam-e-Melli
Arnold RaphelPakistanBahawalpur, PakistanAugust 17, 1988plane crash
Chris StevensLibyaBenghazi, LibyaSeptember 12, 2012attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission

Ambassadors and Foreign Service types get killed and wounded sometimes. Part of the job.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#47]

that is a big slash
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. WW1 anyone?

You have front row balcony seats to the show.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ya don't say.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya don't say.

The only other option are those bastards from Kansas.

bastards
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone else think he looks a bit like a husky Marilyn Manson?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top