Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 7:07:19 PM EDT
You bought an ambi safety and the screw that came with it was screwed up? The head was trashed to shit had part of the head missing and the hex was rounded, however the parkerizing was perfect.

Said company sent me a new screw in a ginormous box.  I got it in less than a week (which was excellent) went to install it, and the damn thing was too long.  The right side arm would not even contact the screw head.

Being the resourceful man that I am, I took an ignition file to the screw and was able to take it down to the appropriate length. I emailed the company and let them know of my problem.  

I understand they do not manufacture small hardware, but since I receiv two faulty parts I think their QC department needs to step it up a notch.

Would you still trust this company?

I will not mention this site sponsor by name as of yet, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt since they support this great site.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd probably return the ambi safety, screw, etc. and ask for a refund and buy one that I know will work and avoid small parts by that manufacturer you are not mentioning.

I've run into the same issue with small parts (trigger pins and castle nut) on a 300 build a few weeks ago... I thought I'd go "top tier" over PSA and the expensive stuff was shit. Used PSA parts with no issues
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd probably return the ambi safety, screw, etc. and ask for a refund and buy one that I know will work and avoid small parts by that manufacturer you are not mentioning.

I've run into the same issue with small parts (trigger pins and castle nut) on a 300 build a few weeks ago... I thought I'd go "top tier" over PSA and the expensive stuff was shit. Used PSA parts with no issues
View Quote

It wasn't PSA.  I bought it at a local gun shop not directly. I really don't feel like making him eat the cost and have him return it for credit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
no, because obviously its not battle arms dev
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like they gave you a used one. I'd be leery of that company.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are correct, it isn't. I like the safeties to be the same size on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It looks like they gave you a used one. I'd be leery of that company.
View Quote

My initial thought with the first screw. But the park job was perfect even on the threads, which was the real what the fuck moment for me.  There is no way it was installed previously, and no one would repark a .12¢ screw.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the screw looked like it was used ie rounded out hex hole?

Anyway you're right, it doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the screw looked like it was used ie rounded out hex hole?

Anyway you're right, it doesn't make sense.
View Quote

It's rounded, but there is no parkerizing missing. You would think that if it was used and stripped out, the park would be gone too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#9]
How long do I give them to respond before I give out their name?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We need a picture before we can tell you to release the Kraken.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Not exactly sure where I put the original screw.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
send it back

you dont need questionable fire control parts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
send it back
you dont need questionable fire control parts.
View Quote

It function checks just fine
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You are correct, it isn't. I like the safeties to be the same size on both sides.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get their safeties with the same lever on each side if you did not know that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can get their safeties with the same lever on each side if you did not know that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't know that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that

Yup they have many different styles of lever, I prefer one side with a long crank lever and the other side with a short lever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Years back I got a 6 inch bolt without any threads on it in a kit I ordered.

I thought it was funny and the company offered to overnight me a new bolt. I found the right one in my parts pile and declined getting a new bolt.
Then again, I'm pretty laid back about stuff. I'm guessing I'll be in the minority in this thread.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd tell them Dear Sirs, I cannot operate or rock this component in good faith. Kindly return for a full refund.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought two cheap ambi safeties off Amazon. They work great. Sorry to here yours sucked OP. QC doesn't always  get it right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Years back I got a 6 inch bolt without any threads on it in a kit I ordered.

I thought it was funny and the company offered to overnight me a new bolt. I found the right one in my parts pile and declined getting a new bolt.

Then again, I'm pretty laid back about stuff. I'm guessing I'll be in the minority in this thread.

View Quote

I am laid back too. That's why I sent them an email and didn't call raising holy hell. I am still hoping I get some sort of response.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an option with the ones from battle arms, actually
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Has the kingdom been lost?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top