User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He could have said "The Navy proves being gay is a choice"

But I thought it was less about sex, and more about power?
View Quote

You're thinking of rape there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes! He speaks the truth and is not afraid to do so. He knows what he believes and is bold enough to say it, unlike what we have had in the recent past where these guys/gals will say what people want to hear and then do what they want.

The truth will make people angry but that doesn't make it not true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ben is a very wise man. The more I hear the more I like him.

Really? You think those are the words that come out of a wise mans mouth?

Yes! He speaks the truth and is not afraid to do so. He knows what he believes and is bold enough to say it, unlike what we have had in the recent past where these guys/gals will say what people want to hear and then do what they want.

The truth will make people angry but that doesn't make it not true.

Ben Carson on Gun Control

No Right to Semi-Automatic Weapons in Large Cities

FBC
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I never really liked the guy, and never understood all of the "buzz" about him.

He's done.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That scene proves tbat even supposed smart men can be full blown idiots.

On more than one occasion, he has proven that I am a lot smarter than he is.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I care more about his negative views on firearms than I do about his stance on gayness.

I've actually seen a few people with his sticker plastered on their cars already lol
View Quote

How negative?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are twisting the narrative. I said all things being equal. The only difference is being raised in a hetero household vs a homo household.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then I applaud you on your "tolerance" but I smell bullshit and if you are sincere you are in the overwhelming minority.

I'm not "tolerating" anything. I would rather pick my child's caregiver by personality and strengths than be sexual orientation. I have a good friend that I never knew was gay until a few years ago. He taught me a lot about survival camping, helped me discover that i want to go into law after leaving the navy, and even gave my wife and I the advice that kept us together through three deployments. He is a good man that I am better for knowing him. Who cares who he sleeps with? I would rather judge people by decisions they have made, and things they have accomplished, than something trivial such as race, sex, or sexual preference.

You are twisting the narrative. I said all things being equal. The only difference is being raised in a hetero household vs a homo household.

Or how about just a household? If all things are equal than who cares? If i'm going to pick something for my kid it is going to be the most stable and intelligent people I could find. If it turned out to be a gay couple I wouldn't care. We should all be rated on the same scale. It seems you are automatically discounting a person for who they sleep with, which is such a minor aspect in life.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh Ben...

Ben, Ben, Ben....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
of course it,  is a choice so is being vegan,atheist, liberal, conservative,or strait.    BUT MANY folks are born stupid.  it is all part of acculturation you are not even born American you have to learn how- ie see DU
View Quote

Add being blind, female, short, and bald to list of choices.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nope.

Not a choice.

Think about what you are sexually attracted to. Now ask yourself, could you CHOOSE to be that attracted to a man? Could a man's ass get your dick hard and make you want to fuck it? Personally I find that repulsive. Don't get me wrong, I can see another dude and think that he's a good looking guy, but in terms of "that dude must pull down some serious hot tail!" not in the "I want to stick my dick in his asshole".

I could never CHOOSE to be sexually attracted to men.

In prison, it's simply because men want to empty their balls, and there's nothing else around. I'm sure there's some domination aspect to it as well, but I wouldn't call it "choosing to be homosexual."

View Quote

But there are may gay men who have fathered children with women and gay women who have children through sex with men by choice, without coercion.  What you said above would contradict this fact.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How negative?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I care more about his negative views on firearms than I do about his stance on gayness.

I've actually seen a few people with his sticker plastered on their cars already lol

How negative?

“It depends on where you live. If you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that
semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.”

He then went on to say he didn't mean it.

No thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

“It depends on where you live. If you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that
semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.”

No thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How negative?

No thanks

He is extremely weak on the second amendment and I would therefore never support him. The hate he is catching over this particular comment is rather extreme given the gist of the point he was trying to make.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't realize how prejudiced some people on this site are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure some people are wired gay from the start but the liberal argument that it is not a choice doesn't hold up. Just look at how many gay/bi people report sexual abuse in their childhoods. This proves that environments or outside influences can turn people gay.

That's still not choosing to be gay.

True but it proves not everyone is born gay which the lgbt community claims.
It also supports why gay couples should not be allowed to raise kids.

For as long as I can remember, the LGBT lobby has maintained that people were born gay.  The idea was to tie homosexuality to the civil rights movement and give it legitimacy.  Funny thing is that in that time we have mapped the genome.  We are able to genetically screen people for a multitude of genetic abnormalities.  Yet, to this day, science has not discovered a link or a common genetic characteristic that is common among self identified homosexuals.

You can try to reason and rationalize why you THINK that gay people are born that way, but let's be clear the science DOES NOT support your feelings and rationalizations.  So we have to ask ourselves if we, as a society, want to pretend that people don't have a choice.  If so, the next logical question is where does it stop.  Pedophilia?  I'd contend, based on science, there is as much of a provable link to pedophilia as there is to homosexuality (which is none).
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or how about just a household? If all things are equal than who cares? If i'm going to pick something for my kid it is going to be the most stable and intelligent people I could find. If it turned out to be a gay couple I wouldn't care. We should all be rated on the same scale. It seems you are automatically discounting a person for who they sleep with, which is such a minor aspect in life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then I applaud you on your "tolerance" but I smell bullshit and if you are sincere you are in the overwhelming minority.

I'm not "tolerating" anything. I would rather pick my child's caregiver by personality and strengths than be sexual orientation. I have a good friend that I never knew was gay until a few years ago. He taught me a lot about survival camping, helped me discover that i want to go into law after leaving the navy, and even gave my wife and I the advice that kept us together through three deployments. He is a good man that I am better for knowing him. Who cares who he sleeps with? I would rather judge people by decisions they have made, and things they have accomplished, than something trivial such as race, sex, or sexual preference.

And that is your opinion..
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
For some, it is a choice, but not all.   If sexuality is a choice,  everyone here could flip back and forth.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you read anything that he said aside from the prison comment? I'm assuming no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dr. Carson,

Welcome to the pitfalls of candidates who don't understand that who a person chooses to have consensual sex with is none of your fucking business.

When you are figuratively ass raped by the media for this incredibly stupid statement, maybe you will understand.

Bye!

Did you read anything that he said aside from the prison comment? I'm assuming no.

Does not matter what else he said.  He shot himself in the dick with one dumbass soundbite.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He is extremely weak on the second amendment and I would therefore never support him. The hate he is catching over this particular comment is rather extreme given the gist of the point he was trying to make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How negative?

No thanks

How weak?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
For as long as I can remember, the LGBT lobby has maintained that people were born gay.  The idea was to tie homosexuality to the civil rights movement and give it legitimacy.  Funny thing is that in that time we have mapped the genome.  We are able to genetically screen people for a multitude of genetic abnormalities.  Yet, to this day, science has not discovered a link or a common genetic characteristic that is common among self identified homosexuals.

You can try to reason and rationalize why you THINK that gay people are born that way, but let's be clear the science DOES NOT support your feelings and rationalizations.  So we have to ask ourselves if we, as a society, want to pretend that people don't have a choice.  If so, the next logical question is where does it stop.  Pedophilia?  I'd contend, based on science, there is as much of a provable link to pedophilia as there is to homosexuality (which is none).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure some people are wired gay from the start but the liberal argument that it is not a choice doesn't hold up. Just look at how many gay/bi people report sexual abuse in their childhoods. This proves that environments or outside influences can turn people gay.

Do we truly understand the human brain in all its complexity?

I didn't think so.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who cares what his personal beliefs are as long as he doesn't get the government to try and force regulation on the public either way.
View Quote

Most 'Conservative Christians' seem to have the need to decry Democrats on government overreach but then do the same if they agree with the issue.

I don't see him having a problem with regulations if he was president.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, except I never said that I think people are born that way. I don't care if it is genetic or a choice. It is a minor aspect in someones life that does not affect anyone else. This has nothing to do with someone's ability to be a parent. Which is the claim our fellow arfcomer is trying to make.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Damn it, and I had such hope for him.
View Quote

he's anti-gun
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Note to Republicans:

If you would like to get elected, stop talking about sex.  Talk about taxes.

This has been your campaign advisory minute.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
and....
View Quote

I don't know.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I've used the prison example more than once to show that there is an elasticity to sexuality and sexual preference.  Now, that elasticity may vary considerably from person to person, but there's obviously some level of elasticity involved.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The irony is that going to prison is a choice too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree. To me the sexual orientation of the parents would be a factor, assuming all other things were equal.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How weak?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How negative?

No thanks

How weak?

I posted two links above.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
He won't go anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How weak?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How weak?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-11-20/ben-carson-seeks-to-assure-supporters-hes-solid-on-guns

Just one more jackass who wants "reasonable" gun control laws.

A jackass who has to "clarify" his statements that backfire on him.
"It depends on where you live,” Carson told
Beck. "If you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that
that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy
person, I would rather you not have it.”
That statement has led some to unfairly label him as tepid on the Second Amendment, Carson said on the call.

"There seemed to be group of people—I don't know exactly who they
are—who seize upon one part of something that I said,” Carson said on
the call, which Bloomberg Politics was allowed to dial into. "Sometimes
people just hear one little thing and they don't hear anything else.

Yes, Ben. We heard yet another gun-grabber say what was in his heart and then try to retract it because it might lose you some votes. You are the worst kind of lying, idiot hypocrite.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Does not matter what else he said.  He shot himself in the dick with one dumbass soundbite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dr. Carson,

Welcome to the pitfalls of candidates who don't understand that who a person chooses to have consensual sex with is none of your fucking business.

When you are figuratively ass raped by the media for this incredibly stupid statement, maybe you will understand.

Bye!

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Fell right into the media trap like the fucking idiot he is.

I'd love to see them pose these sort of questions to Democrats.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Idiot.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#31]
That's an interesting take on things.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sigh, why can't people help themselves from saying dumb shit.

View Quote

You do know where you posted, right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow...3 pages before getting to the pedo claim...GD is slipping
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Choice? Not always, but sometimes...

Born that way? Nope.
View Quote

The act is a choice, the attraction may or may not be and there is no proof. Technically  homo sex () is a choice, actions are choices.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#35]
It is a choice for some people, but they are a small minority.

I didn't CHOOSE to be heterosexual.  It's hard-wired.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not necessarily.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd like Ben Carson try to pass off the statement to some inmate who was "power raped" or is made to orally gratify multiple unwashed male inmates instead of being murdered.

PS
"Power raped" is a registered phrase by me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I rest my case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dr. Carson,

Bye!

I rest my case.

What he and other politicians, those who are not liberal Dems anyway, need to understand is it doesn't matter what you meant, the context, or how many conservatives agree with you, the media will prison rape you over a stupid sound bite and your political hopes will be dashed on the shore.

What you need to understand is that I don't really fucking care what else he said.  All I needed was the sound bite to know what his political future holds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd like Ben Carson try to pass off the statement to some inmate who was "power raped" or is made to orally gratify multiple unwashed male inmates instead of being murdered.

PS
"Power raped" is a registered phrase by me.
View Quote

I guess, "up the tazaroo," could be also..
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

So is there some logical reason why pedophilia shouldn't be included in the  sexual preference debate when we are talking about genetics?

I would love to hear it. I'm not talking about right or wrong, just whether someone could be born that way. After all, pedos claim they can't help it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So is there some logical reason why pedophilia shouldn't be included in the  sexual preference debate when we are talking about genetics?

I would love to hear it. I'm not talking about right or wrong, just whether someone could be born that way. After all, pedos claim they can't help it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And that's why some of us who set on state court juries who claim we cannot help it when we convict heinous criminals and hand out seventy year sentences to pedophiles who claim that they cannot help what they do also.
So then, we can all definitely see the irony according to this process...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes! He speaks the truth and is not afraid to do so. He knows what he believes and is bold enough to say it
View Quote

pro tip

anytime you believe you have a monopoly on the truth, it's time to reassess your premises

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

other than it's fucking retarded....nah...carry on.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not morally equating them to any degree beyond citing that there is a lack of genetic evidence supporting either as a condition that a person is "born with"...and then asking the question that if society is going to allow a lifestyle choice to be given civil rights protection, how can we start to pick and choose which will get protection?  No judgement, just working through the logical conclusion of the path we are starting down as a society.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm not morally equating them to any degree beyond citing that there is a lack of genetic evidence supporting either as a condition that a person is "born with"...and then asking the question that if society is going to allow a lifestyle choice to be given civil rights protection, how can we start to pick and choose which will get protection?  No judgement, just working through the logical conclusion of the path we are starting down as a society.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.. because we can recognize the difference between acts taken between 2 consenting adults and acts taken with minors.  It's like you don't understand that we've already worked out how to make that distinction in this society with all our other kinds of interactions.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why?  He's an anti 2A piece of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

No he's not...jeezus don't you guys research shit around here?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You sure about that?
/When asked by Glenn Beck if people should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons, Dr. Benjamin Carson said: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it." (Glenn Beck Show, March 1, 2013)
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#50]
In before "quite ramming things down my throat" posts!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top