Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 11:54:28 PM EDT
What other countries political system do you think is superior to the modern American Republic?  Even with all its current flaws and Obama at the helm this is still the best political system, IMO.   Could be better... but at least we know when he will leave office nd we can elect new representatives.

Current existing systems/government only.  Obviously no monarchists.  Not leaders, but systems like the Israeli parliamentary or Dutch... what ever they do, etc.

Swiss, French, etc.

What countries should we emulate, to improve our current system?  (For example I think we can return to more of a organized militia system like the Swiss to reduce costs and improve readiness. And I want a Sig MCX).

Eta motive... response to all the threads about over throwing the government and comments like the SS should stab Obama in the back.  I disagree.  Violent overthrow will not improve anything.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The nation of Grand Fenwick.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ours circa 1790

ETA: Er when were the alien and sedition acts passed? Before them
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
None........it's liberals that is our problem....   when they figured out they could vote themselves free stuff
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Using the word "other" implies we (the readers) have already said at least one country with a better political system.

I need to get off the internet. So many of you people barely speak English.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Greece. Cash economy with cheap real estate.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no government superior to the American republic, particularly the goat rodeo we've got now pretending to be it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is no government superior to the American republic, particularly the goat rodeo we've got now pretending to be it.
View Quote

Could not have said it better myself.

We ceased to be a republic with the adoption of the 17th amendment.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]
To paraphrase Winston Churchill; it's the worst form of government there is, except for all the others.

What's better?  Maybe a God-fearing king.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Teh raven benevolent dictatorship.

Leftists and communists are exterminated
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quite the oxymoron in your first sentence.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're a leftist.  Whose ideology, if you get down to it, is to take over government in order to impose an economic system that doesn't work but that they prefer to reality.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#13]
A cannibal village in the Congo.  oh wait.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Chile under Pinochet and Spain under Franco.

Those gentleman kept the commies from getting lippy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Chile under Pinochet and Spain under Franco.

Those gentleman kept the commies from getting lippy.

View Quote
Singapore outlawed marxist political parties as well.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To paraphrase Winston Churchill; it's the worst form of government there is, except for all the others.

View Quote

May not be perfect, but I haven't seen anything better.

Usually when people point shit out like "Oh, well [insert western european nation here] does this and its sooooo superior" I have to remind them that those nations are much smaller, generally have more homogeneous populations and that the USA is essentially the world's largest social experiment.  All things considered, we are doing pretty good though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What other countries political system do you think is superior to the modern American Republic?  Even with all its current flaws and Obama at the helm this is still the best political system, IMO.   Could be better... but at least we know when he will leave office nd we can elect new representatives.

Current existing systems/government only.  Obviously no monarchists.  Not leaders, but systems like the Israeli parliamentary or Dutch... what ever they do, etc.

Swiss, French, etc.

What countries should we emulate, to improve our current system?  (For example I think we can return to more of a organized militia system like the Swiss to reduce costs and improve readiness. And I want a Sig MCX).

Eta motive... response to all the threads about over throwing the government and comments like the SS should stab Obama in the back.  I disagree.  Violent overthrow will not improve anything.
View Quote

You're a clueless idiot.  Go crawl in a hole and die.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Swiss, French, etc.

View Quote

Pussy+2 are you.  Jammy time, Clyde.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:01:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ours circa 1790[/img]
View Quote

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not a fan of slavery...so I'm going to say ours circa 1900. Any gun you wanted was legal. No income tax. Not a bad start.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Swiss, French, etc.

View Quote

"About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers."

Calvin Coolidge's address at the Celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.

OP you would serve yourself well to read the address in it's entirety and know that the foundations of this Republic are the penultimate expression of human government.

eta so sad that there are few modern men up for our charter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not a fan of slavery...so I'm going to say ours circa 1900. Any gun you wanted was legal. No income tax. Not a bad start.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ours circa 1790[/url]

How does slavery have anything to do with the government in 1790? It was a economic function, not a government function.

The only thing the government didn't do in its immediate draft was make owning humans illegal. No where did it make it expressly legal either.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swiss, French, etc.

WTF is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swiss, French, etc.

Daddy left his account logged in?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I rather thing the Swiss Confederation is an interesting system.  Better than what ours is supposed to be though?  Eh, probably not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top