Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:33 PM EDT
just as Netanyahu walked onto the floor of the House there were two on the cable system (comcast) back to back, practice tornado warnings. Thing is that both cable warnings just started out appearing to be warnings, it wasn't until about 15, 20 seconds into the warning was it announced as a drill. Gee, as I'm typing a third one just happened. This is the only time I have seen this happen..........interesting. Anyone else in the collar county area outside of Chicago notice this happening?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

probably not but I have never seen three such tests back to back that started out as warnings before they were announced as tests. Also the timing is interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just as Netanyahu walked onto the floor of the House there were two on the cable system (comcast) back to back, practice tornado warnings. Thing is that both cable warnings just started out appearing to be warnings, it wasn't until about 15, 20 seconds into the warning was it announced as a drill. Gee, as I'm typing a third one just happened. This is the only time I have seen this happen..........interesting. Anyone else in the collar county area outside of Chicago notice this happening?
View Quote

The first Tuesday in March, every year, is the test of ALL the tornado alert systems.  Outdoor warning sirens, NOAA WX alerts, and cable alerts.  If you've been paying attention, you'd have known this.  Remove the tinfoil.

If you're from Northern IL, follow Danny Neal on Facebook.

"People... listen. Yes the sirens go off the first Tuesday of every month... HOWEVER.... this is the only month that a test tornado warning is issued. This is the only month that it alerts your weather radio, television, cell phone as I said. You can't rely on only sirens. You need to have three different ways to receive warnings."

Or the National Weather Service - Chicago Facebook page

Seriously.  They've been talking about this all week.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The first Tuesday in March, every year, is the test of ALL the tornado alert systems.  Outdoor warning sirens, NOAA WX alerts, and cable alerts.  If you've been paying attention, you'd have known this.  Remove the tinfoil.

"People... listen. Yes the sirens go off the first Tuesday of every month... HOWEVER.... this is the only month that a test tornado warning is issued. This is the only month that it alerts your weather radio, television, cell phone as I said. You can't rely on only sirens. You need to have three different ways to receive warnings."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11041802_876665102390525_4065063484202605802_n.png?oh=9b0ab7b466b2e457b422dadfe79010e9&oe=55968C2B&__gda__=1433889397_30aca0d60f51e487f52b26952b0b395c

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11041802_876665102390525_4065063484202605802_n.png?oh=9b0ab7b466b2e457b422dadfe79010e9&oe=55968C2B&__gda__=1433889397_30aca0d60f51e487f52b26952b0b395c

but three times in quick succession? is this usual? not on facebook and have no idea who danny neal is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

but three times in quick succession? is this usual? not on facebook and have no idea who danny neal is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This happens the first Tuesday of March at 10 a.m..  Every year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ours went off, just as it does at 10:00am every first tuesday of the month.

It was simply a reminder to me to finally get my lazy ass out of bed and start my day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was simply a reminder to me to finally get my lazy ass out of bed and start my day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so did ours, but I have never seen three successive warnings within about 10 minutes of each other..........not even on the first Tuesday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey look. Alvin started a thread whining about something he was wrong about.  Much shock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey look. Alvin started a thread whining about something he was wrong about.  Much shock.
View Quote

thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

so did ours, but I have never seen three successive warnings within about 10 minutes of each other..........not even on the first Tuesday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm...all I noticed was the typical long wail.  Maybe I missed the others?  I'm in Wilmington.

I slept through the one when we had the November 2013 tornado that made it's way through Diamond and partially tipped down into the Northwest part of town here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You need better things to worry about.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because, if you'd have been paying attention, the first Tuesday in MARCH (and ONLY MARCH), is the ONLY time of the year that the tornado warning tests get played over all broadcast methods.

If you haven't had the TV on at 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of March in 2014, 2013, 2012, etc. you would have never heard it before.

It's normal.  Calm thyself.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks for your guidance
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

thanks for your guidance
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for your guidance
You are welcome.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do you wash regular? You seem to draw flies.

As to your observation.

It's just a coincidence dude. Happens all the time. Hey look at the shiny thing.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because, if you'd have been paying attention, the first Tuesday in MARCH (and ONLY MARCH), is the ONLY time of the year that the tornado warning tests get played over all broadcast methods.

If you haven't had the TV on at 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of March in 2014, 2013, 2012, etc. you would have never heard it before.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First time I've not been at work on a first Tuesday in about 12 years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Be careful and safe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains why I didn't hear anything different today.  I never have the radio or TV on here at home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
OP   Time to double you're shares in  Reynolds Consumer Products .  because  a panic on foil is afoot
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP   Time to double you're shares in  Reynolds Consumer Products .  because  a panic on foil is afoot
View Quote

I'll consider it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top