User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just curious but what did the video really prove?

DD's video was impressive as it was flat out dropped from the helicopter with no protection at all for the rifle or optic.  Yours was packaged very, very well (in a disassembled state) and if it hadn't worked properly I would have been shocked (and kind of disappointed).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
YouTube viewers can now take back their views for wasted time.

And you think that little ditty of gun fun is a waste of your time ?

Just curious but what did the video really prove?

DD's video was impressive as it was flat out dropped from the helicopter with no protection at all for the rifle or optic.  Yours was packaged very, very well (in a disassembled state) and if it hadn't worked properly I would have been shocked (and kind of disappointed).

It's a "Not that you would... but you could" type of video.

There is expense that goes into such things and when they're well done, just take it for what it is: A fun video that they took time and expense to bring us.

They (and this goes for other gun/accessory makers, like Magpul) don't have to do this kind of thing. They're sinking money and time into doing it to get aspirationals on board as well as shoring up their existing customer base. If you already hate them you will throw poop at it. If you are in the middle ground or closer, it will jive for you and you'll enjoy it.

And then there's the Internet Dickwad Factor.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does it count my computer every time I watch it ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Youtube view counts aren't as linear as you may think. If they suspect that it's a bot watching your video for the sake of view augmentation, then they won't count the views. Same thing for likes--if people click on the video, like it, and then navigate to another page, it will take away their view/like because it thinks they were a bot. That's also the reason that they stop at 301 views in a short amount of time--to make sure that they are legitimate views.

Does it count my computer every time I watch it ?

Yep, as long as you watch roughly 1/3 of the video. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That aint much....

I've had a video with 100,000+ views lose 10-15,000 views.

Youtube does audits every once in awhile and it deletes view that were from someone opening the page multiple times at once, etc...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watched it a few more times to help out !
View Quote

Same here.  Maybe Youtube doesn't appreciate a fine rifle?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
hit
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Waaa, I wasted 90 seconds of your busy life too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sorry I wasn't impressed so I took my view back

Waaa, I wasted 90 seconds of your busy life too.

LOL.

now I'm gonna have to watch it when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a fanboy as I don't own a LaRue or any other boutique rifle, I will one day.

But I like all aspects of the Youtube  230 Yard drone shot video and I like most of all the ideas and convictions coming from Mark and crew.

Good on you and your people and keep up all the good work you do.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]
we have  never been at war with Eastasia
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We're gonna send out a press release ...

"In light of concerns from the drone community regarding our recently released Drone DropAR Video, we want to reiterate that the drones we used in the simulation are personally owned and the demonstration was done by experts on private property with the property owner’s permission and full cooperation, while maintaining safety as our top priority.  We do not encourage attempting this demonstration in any other circumstance.”

View Quote

can i get a 10% off discount code
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
any time you want to air drop me something let me know and I will send yall my MGRS and make a drop zone imagery product for your pilot.
View Quote

This!!!

PM me for precise lat/long of my back yard!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

To the guys wanting it tossed out like DD did, they released that rifle straight down on grass and bent the barrel.  And a 5-25 NightForce ATACR ain't gonna survive landing on the turrets when thrown out of a plane at 100 miles per hour.  [/span]

View Quote

Mess with everyone, toss it out with no box and edit the video to make it appear Todd caught it with his bare hands.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I vote for new video where the rifle free falls to 100 ft, chute deploys and shooter grabs it before it hits the ground while Capt. Kirk rolling. Shooter engages said drone and then rolls the gun Costa style, ejecting the mag which takes out a Terminator approaching from the 9 O'clock position. Shooter then looks at camera an says" 'Merica!"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I vote for new video where the rifle free falls to 100 ft, chute deploys and shooter grabs it before it hits the ground while Capt. Kirk rolling. Shooter engages said drone and then rolls the gun Costa style, ejecting the mag which takes out a Terminator approaching from the 9 O'clock position. Shooter then looks at camera an says" 'Merica!"
View Quote

With flaming monster trucks and strategically placed dillos!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe the people took their views back after the email was sent out last night..

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I watched it twice and the counter didn't change. It's a frickin conspiracy. The man trying to keep us down!

64,623 +2
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Can you drop a rifle in my front yard?

Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd watch but I dont want you to refresh the page and get upset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
YouTube viewers can now take back their views for wasted time.

And you think that little ditty of gun fun is a waste of your time ?

I'd watch but I dont want you to refresh the page and get upset.

but really, someone may think it's a waste of time. are you going to cut off your nose to spite your face on this forum with a flippant comment?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As many of you know, I youtubed our 203 yard Drone Shoot Down video around noon on Sunday.

Moments ago the view count was 52,055.  I refreshed for a new number and it refreshed backwards to 52,050.

Youtube know-it-alls, is the view count an estimate, a guess, a political number, what the heck ?

ML
View Quote

Just practice for when they count the votes in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#36]
For some reason, I am still disappointed each time I watch it that he doesn't holler -- "It's Tape"  

Great film Mr. LaRue
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
any time you want to air drop me something let me know and I will send yall my MGRS and make a drop zone imagery product for your pilot.
View Quote

Shipping options:

FEDex
UPS
USPS
Cessna Airdrop       check
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If it's not one thing it's another.  An Inspire owner just called the front office madder than a wet hen.

View Quote

Send him a dillo and some dust.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

First, we'll need to redrop with the g-meters someone suggested.  Full disclosure, each test drop wrecked the black toolbox - tore latches off, elongated it, etc.

I suppose as the kit slide-hammered into toolbox sidewall, thin metal box walls soaked up the Gs.

To the guys wanting it tossed out like DD did, they released that rifle straight down on grass and bent the barrel.  And a 5-25 NightForce ATACR ain't gonna survive landing on the turrets when thrown out of a plane at 100 miles per hour.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!!!

First, we'll need to redrop with the g-meters someone suggested.  Full disclosure, each test drop wrecked the black toolbox - tore latches off, elongated it, etc.

I suppose as the kit slide-hammered into toolbox sidewall, thin metal box walls soaked up the Gs.

To the guys wanting it tossed out like DD did, they released that rifle straight down on grass and bent the barrel.  And a 5-25 NightForce ATACR ain't gonna survive landing on the turrets when thrown out of a plane at 100 miles per hour.  

Parachute?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Parachute?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!!!

Parachute?

Still waiting for mine. Was that Christmas or my birthday from a couple years ago?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe they weren't "Legitimate Views".

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
78,765 views through first 7 days ...

View Quote

78,802 + 1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top