BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
has*
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad deal. I would've thought the FFA Secretary would've had little more common sense.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope so.  Actions have consequences.  A drunk driver gets his for DUI and this bitch is dead due to her own actions.  Don't mix the two.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad story really. Thirteen years old.

That driver is in for a world of hurt.

Maybe not.  There was an incident where an idiot was popping a wheelie on his motorcycle at night,  and was hit by a drunk driver.  The drunk was initially convicted of manslaughter, but it was overturned in appeal because they were able to successfully argue that a sober person wouldn't have been able to see the biker either because the headlights were pointed skyward.

They may be able to argue something similar in this case.

I hope so.  Actions have consequences.  A drunk driver gets his for DUI and this bitch is dead due to her own actions.  Don't mix the two.

A deceased 13 year old girl a bitch huh!  You should be ashamed of yourself.    
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
APOPKA, Fla. -  
A 13-year-old Apopka girl who sat in the middle of a road after an argument over who would sit in the front seat of a car was struck and killed, according to police.

Trinity Bachmann died after being hit Saturday night on Christiana Avenue near Oak Street, not far from State Road 436.

FFS, it was a dumb kid and a probable drunk driver.   She only knew what her parents taught her.

I really hope this gets locked soon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For Apopka, she's actually right in the middle of the bell curve.  
View Quote

Middle of the road more or less?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, and the drunk drive committed a victimless crime I see

RIP to the little one
View Quote

Well, if little miss fit hadn't put herself in the middle of a throughway, it likely would have been. A sober drive would have probably hit her. Even if they had swerved to avoid her, she was destined to cause an accident. Selfish little shit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Whooooooooooo boy, that place used to be sporty back in the day.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to place blame on a 13 year old who got hit by not only a drunk driver, but a drunk driver that was actively drinking when she hit the girl.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hard to place blame on a 13 year old who got hit by not only a drunk driver, but a drunk driver that was actively drinking when she hit the girl.
View Quote

If you are going to deliberately have a temper tantrum [especially over not getting to sit in the front seat] and sit in the middle of the road, don't you think that, by age 13, you share a large part of the blame of getting run over? This wasn't some four year old, this was a teenager who knew better then to sit in the road playing chicken with every car that came her way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad used to tell us to go play in the middle of the road all the time. He told us to lay down if a car comes and it would go right over us. I was not to fond of this game at night.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Teach your children the rules of shotgun.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Why didn't mom grab the girl and drag her out of the road instead of calling 911 (AKA dial a daddy)?  What a shit mother.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Messed up way to go.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what is wrong with parents today. I have a 13 year old and an 8 year old, they would not pull this shit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you are going to deliberately have a temper tantrum [especially over not getting to sit in the front seat] and sit in the middle of the road, don't you think that, by age 13, you share a large part of the blame of getting run over? This wasn't some four year old, this was a teenager who knew better then to sit in the road playing chicken with every car that came her way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, true. Maybe blame isn't the right word, but I still find it hard to be more upset at the young girl than I am at the drunk driver.

In the end I guess it boils down to they both made stupid choices and now they are paying the price.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is what is wrong with parents today. I have a 13 year old and an 8 year old, they would not pull this shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if me having sympathy for a stupid 13 year old makes me a bad mother in your eyes, so be it. Would I let either of my kids dick around in the road? Not on your life. Do I feel badly for a kid that made a stupid choice and got killed for it? Absofuckinglutely.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Apopka. LOL.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Which arfcommer made the first comment about stupid prizes?

Not everything is GD.

Keep it classy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
13 year old throwing a temper tantrum and an apparently drunk driver... shitty.
View Quote

Sounds like a perfect storm.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

13 year old girls with changing hormone levels...sigh.
View Quote
I've got 3 of them.

They aren't dumb enough to sit in a fucking road.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well if me having sympathy for a stupid 13 year old makes me a bad mother in your eyes, so be it. Would I let either of my kids dick around in the road? Not on your life. Do I feel badly for a kid that made a stupid choice and got killed for it? Absofuckinglutely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think it's a problem to have sympathy.

Taking blame away from the kid who was old enough to know what she was doing is a problem.

I think that's his point.

The guy driving owns some of this, but not as much as the human being who, in their petulance, sat in a busy road.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Better linklink
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Good God, she was a 13 year old child. Children do stupid shit, I know I did... not like that but stupid enough. I can't believe some of the comments on here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Christiana and Oak. 30 mph speed limit, residential area.

Stupid to sit down in the street but a person who was sober, doing the speed limit and paying attention should not have hit that girl.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Terribly sad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad.

Terribly sad.

This is my feeling, teens do stupid shit just part of being a teen. She won't get a chance to learn from her mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And she ended up in the back of the hearse too.
View Quote

Damn!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Should have played more frogger
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Stupid to sit down in the street but a person who was sober, doing the speed limit and paying attention should not have hit that girl.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/coolsteve69/gg_zpsseoya2bf.png
View Quote

Bullshit. If you sit down in the middle of the road In the middle of the night and you get run over by a sober or drunk driver it's your own god damn fault. Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Bullshit. If you sit down in the middle of the road In the middle of the night and you get run over by a sober or drunk driver it's your own god damn fault. Pure and simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/coolsteve69/gg_zpsseoya2bf.png

Agreed.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sad.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

We had something similar here

4 year old who would sled out of his driveway into the road

Some bitch was drunk and ran him over

She ended up getting a much lighter sentence because they found the child was partially at fault
View Quote
4 years old?

Should have charged the parents too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't think anyone here is absolving the child, parents, or driver from responsibility.  But any way you cut it this was a horrible, senseless, preventable tragedy, and to make light of it by reducing it to a "Hey! Look at stoopid.  Got wut she deserved har har" is disgusting, and speaks volumes to the levels of detached depravity a basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing, socially disconnected, internet-addicted sorry excuse for a society has sunk.

Some of you people really ought to do some quiet introspection...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe not.  There was an incident where an idiot was popping a wheelie on his motorcycle at night,  and was hit by a drunk driver.  The drunk was initially convicted of manslaughter, but it was overturned in appeal because they were able to successfully argue that a sober person wouldn't have been able to see the biker either because the headlights were pointed skyward.

Name calling is a bit much, but it just as well could have been a non-drunk driver that came along, swerved, and ended up killing someone else.

Screwing around in the middle of the road is idiotic.   At least we can probably be certain nobody else around there will do it any time soon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Sigh.

What a wasted and pointless end to a young life.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A bunch of stupid in that story. I don't have sympathy for drunk drivers, but could you imagine the driver of that car? All because of "shotgun"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apparently you can fix stupid.

A bunch of stupid in that story. I don't have sympathy for drunk drivers, but could you imagine the driver of that car? All because of "shotgun"?

No sympathy for DDs either but that driver is going to get FUCKED because of teenagers stupid actions!    Not sure if Fla still has the same law but about 15  years ago Mothers Against Drunk Drivers pushed through a law that said that if you were drunk and got into an accident regardless of who caused it, you were at fault!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't have much sympathy for the kid.  Her ridiculous petulance could have just as easily caused a family to veer off the road and be killed.
View Quote

Big X2 on both parts.  Teenagers are old enough to start taking responsibility for their actions.  I'm sick of hearing all the "Wa-Wa-Wa you don't feel sorry enough for the teenager!" from some in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So a dumb teenager acted like a dumb teenager and now her family is shattered and this is funny why?

My God... for all the stupid shit I, and everyone I ever knew, did when we were young-  I should have died a thousand times.  

<Personal attack removed.  --tbk1>

this

Ok Ok we get it. But have you ever gone and sat down in the middle of the road and waited for a car to hit you?

We've ALL done stupid stuff.  But this is beyond stupid!  This was just plain suicidal.  If she'd have been killed accidentally while crossing the road, then I'd feel sorry for her. But this?  Not so much.  If this had been a 4 year old that didn't know any better then I'd feel sorry for them. But at 13 years old, she should have clearly known the consequences of what she was doing.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Its hard to have sympathy for stupid.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Sitting in the road was incredibly stupid.    She paid the price.

I did some stupid shit as a kid.  I did even stupider shit as a young man, usually with alcohol involved.  I dodged some bullets and never had to pay that price.  The difference is probably just luck.

Either way, tragic for her family.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Reminds me of Rebecca Black:

"Kickin' in the front seat

Sittin' in the back seat

Gotta make my mind up

Which seat can I take?"
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well if we're picking sides, I'm going with the thirteen year old. She was a minor who made a really bad mistake. The driver was possibly drunk and may have been speeding by the description of how far the mother was thrown after contact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if we're picking sides, I'm going with the thirteen year old. She was a minor who made a really bad mistake. The driver was possibly drunk and may have been speeding by the description of how far the mother was thrown after contact.

Exaggerate and shift the blame much? Story didn't say one word about speeding, that's YOUR invention!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Taking blame away from the kid who was old enough to know what she was doing is a problem.

The guy driving owns some of this, but not as much as the human being who, in their petulance, sat in a busy road.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And she ended up in the back of the hearse too.
View Quote

snigger

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Of course her name is fucking Trinity.

Of course her mom has a different last name than her.

'Mom' should spend 15 years in jail, lose her remaining children to the state.

Didnt mention dad, because I'm sure he's MIA.

Think of it this way, a kid that dumb was inevitably gonna end up on welfare, on the corner, or in jail after a violent tantrum over McDonald's nuggets or something.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top