Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2015 5:59:06 PM EDT
After the ATF's letter a couple of weeks ago I put in an order for some PPU M855 at sportsmansguide.com.  Well today, more than two weeks after placing my order, I still hadn't heard anything from them so I contacted them.  They quickly (2 hours) replied with this:

Dear Joel,
Thank you for your email.
Our sincere apologies. I have reviewed your order and was able to find that there was a glitch in our system. This order was showing that it had already been shipped. I was able to verify that package had not left our warehouse. At that time, I requested a reshipment of the ammo. Unfortunately when our warehouse associate tried to pull your item from the shelf, we discovered there were no more available.

We had charged your credit card initially with anticipation of shipping this item to you. Now that we will not be able to ship it, your credit card will be credited. A refund in the amount of $XXX.XX will be applied back to the credit card used for that order within 48 business hours. We ask that you please allow the credit card company 1-2 billing cycles before you see this listed on your paper statement.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors!
(CS rep's name, different person than before)
Multimedia Customer Care Agent
View Quote

Needless to say I was less than pleased by all of this. I replied:

I am disappointed in this level of service from your company. I will be sharing this experience with other consumers in the shooting sports and outdoors communities. This error should have never occurred and should have been spotted earlier. I hope that your company is able to improve its service through this experience.

(my name)
View Quote

I know that many people have had nothing but good experiences with sportsmansguide, but my experience has made me reconsider future purchases from them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
More or less the same thing happened to me, on the tail end of the South African 5.56 era.  Ah, wouldn't it be nice to have 2700 round cases for $300 again...  Anyway, poor customer service is nothing new, particularly on items that are going out of style.

My sympathies on your loss.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn... you should have contacted them sooner.... But it seems like you are now fucked when it comes to ordering any at regular price
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Shouldn't have waited this long to buy M855 if you really wanted some. Stuff happens, and I'm sure they got swamped. At least they immediately told you that it didn't ship and are refunding you. It could have been a LOT worse.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shouldn't have waited this long to buy M855 if you really wanted some. Stuff happens, and I'm sure they got swamped. At least they immediately told you that it didn't ship and are refunding you. It could have been a LOT worse.
View Quote

Their shipping process must be completely borked to allow something like this to happen.  Totally not his fault.  It's considered whiney and annoying to call the day after your order to check up on shipping and get a tracking number, but in retrospect that's what it would have taken to catch this error.

Two weeks ago there was plenty of M855 to go around, I almost ordered some from SG and joined their goofy "buyer's club".  There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Yes well I'm still a few hundred dollars out from finishing my first AR so I wasn't planning on buying any ammo for a couple of months.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I would not be happy with them either if the same thing happened to me.

However, I ordered some m855 from them the Saturday I heard about the ban and my shipment was delivered that following week.  My orders have always gone smoothly with them.  I guess no company is perfect.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks. I trust them more than Cheaper than Dirt(higher than hell) but I actually got mine from Cheaper and got it in less than a week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't be a panic buyer.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes well, as a new AR owner (as I said I'm still a little ways out from finishing my first AR) I have a stock of 0 rounds.  It's easier to tell someone to not be a panic buyer when you already have a nice stock of ammo.  Besides, "panic buyer" is a term reserved for those who will spend 150%+ for the product, I paid ~$0.38 a round.  That's called buying while you can, not panic buying.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought 15 of the battle packs myself, the day the news came out, and got them last week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yes well, as a new AR owner (as I said I'm still a little ways out from finishing my first AR) I have a stock of 0 rounds.  It's easier to tell someone to not be a panic buyer when you already have a nice stock of ammo.  Besides, "panic buyer" is a term reserved for those who will spend 150%+ for the product, I paid ~$0.38 a round.  That's called buying while you can, not panic buying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All .223 has been banned?  Why do you have to buy M855 - and at the height of a panic?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Screw Sportsman's Guide.  They pulled this same exact shit right after Sandy Hook.  Yes, I know tons of companies were caught off guard by that incident.  However, they've had 2+ years to resolve "issues" and "glitches" with their system -- yet, they chose not to resolve said issues.  Why?  Maybe because it's too easy to simply yank inventory, claim it was oversold and now "out of stock", and magically re-list it a few weeks later for twice the price or more.

Ever since Sandy Hook I've written off Sportsman's Guide and posts like this reaffirm why I did.

FSG
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I stopped doing business with these clowns about 10 years ago after being Botach'd on an ammo order.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a 420-rd. can of M855 from them. According to UPS, it will arrive tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#16]
So they had a glitch, apologized cause they don't have your ammo in stock for God knows why, gave you're money back, and you want to complain.  Those stupid humans, don't they know we are all perfect?  Bastards, sheesh
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]
They tend to cancel BO's if they receive a shipment and your item was ordered at a low price. Then they put it online at a higher price.......
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Back on the 27th they had the 120 round packs of PMC 855 on strippers for $57 and change.  I had one in  my cart and was on the fence about it since it was on the high side.

Few hours later for some reason it dropped to $52.24.  Still not a screamin deal but figured what the heck with free shipping and all.

Little while later it went to backorder.

Now it is showing available again for $63.64.  Same exact sku, even goes to that item when I click the link from my order page.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had good service from them.  All sorts of things from glass to ammo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#20]
They never sent an order I placed with them.....been OVER 2 years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#21]
This is why I only buy from reputable sellers even if I have to pay a little more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They tend to cancel BO's if they receive a shipment and your item was ordered at a low price. Then they put it online at a higher price.......
View Quote

They have pulled this shit so many times since I have been a member here I have lost count.

I had it done to me twice. Its not just the money. Its the time wasted thinking you have ammo coming.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

never had that problem and i had a bunch of backorders from them after obummer got elected and sandy hook. always came through although it was like a year 1 time. they did cancel an order for .380 silvertips but it was no longer available.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All .223 has been banned?  Why do you have to buy M855 - and at the height of a panic?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If for some reason you knew that the stores may not be able to get ground beef anymore, but you could buy some for a reasonable price, wouldn't you buy it?  Not all meat, or even all beef would be going away but you'd still probably buy it.  The point is they are either not very good at handling orders or they're intentionally lying to me for their own dishonest profit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#25]
This is typical of Sportsman Guide, I learned to never believe anything that's on paper from them until it shows up. That's why I don't purchase from SG anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top