Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is almost as bad.
Lots of traffic for the mall going by.
N.M.St. Is worse because it is in shity area, with lots of traffic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
North Main St. ?

Warwick mall Firestone, across from Target

That is almost as bad.
Lots of traffic for the mall going by.
N.M.St. Is worse because it is in shity area, with lots of traffic.

This must have went down between 12am - 1am after the snow storm. Hell I bet they could have followed his tracks in the snow. She had a voicemail from the officer followed by several crazy mom voicemails around 1:20am
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They caught him "red handed" ...but he still managed to steal the stuff?

View Quote

He had her property on his person
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bringing the thief there is not a good practice. Either way, your girlfriend's personal info will be made available to the suspect. It will be in the crime report, arrest report, etc.
View Quote

The suspects copy of the report should be redacted. But he will see her in court if it goes to trial.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pictures of Tits Mcgee
View Quote

lOL yeah, man! Show us the pics!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bringing the thief there is not a good practice. Either way, your girlfriend's personal info will be made available to the suspect. It will be in the crime report, arrest report, etc.
View Quote

Disclosed reports should be redacted as the crime didn't take place at the residence. That's how we do it here. Still not hard to find out but that sounds like a bad move by the arresting officer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If the cop knew where she lived, the perp knew where she lived.

You ever think about that?

Her address was clearly in the car somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A little back story to as why her address is top secret and her DL and Reg go back to her moms house. We have only been dating for about 4 months now. Came up about 2 months ago that she was in a abusive relationship and guy went full retard and nearly killed her. So just imagine were her mind is right now. Best I can do is have her shack up at my place for the time being.
View Quote

So how did the cops know where to find her?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Pics of Tits McGee?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The cops should have let you go out and TALK to the scumbag. What's done is done, be vigilant.
WHERE'S THE GODDAMN PIX???????
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
To answer your question.  Yes, it is reasonable for them to respond to the victim's house to confirm she was the victim of a crime and to make sure she is safe. Yeah I get that part, they have no idea where she is or if somehting happened to her. made me feel good that they went the extra mile.

NO, it is not reasonable for them to have the suspect come to the victim's house.  The only thing I can think of, is that they were trying to make it more convenient for her since the weather was bad and the car was already broken into.

Not telling you that you have to, but a quick email to the watch commander or police chief thanking the officers would probably go a long way in a mostly thankless job.  They went the extra mile, it'd be nice of you to do the same.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pictures of Tits Mcgee
View Quote

Pics of Tits.  We're waiting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little back story to as why her address is top secret and her DL and Reg go back to her moms house. We have only been dating for about 4 months now. Came up about 2 months ago that she was in a abusive relationship and guy went full retard and nearly killed her. So just imagine were her mind is right now. Best I can do is have her shack up at my place for the time being.

They went to her mothers house, mother gave the officer her address.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]

There are rules . . . .

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#15]
your tl; dr is tl
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it good practice to bring the perp to the victim's house?  Mmmmmmmm.  

I wouldn't think anything of it really.  Usually one cop will handle the rest after the guy is caught.  Contacting victims, doing reports, booking.  It would have taken more man power to have one cop contact victim and another take and book.  Probably convenient more than anything.

But as far as any retribution by the suspect, highly unlikely.  People are caught stealing from houses or cars parked on the driveway all the time.  O r stealing from people they know.  Had this been a murder suspect in custody taken to a witness's home different story.

Even in far more serious crimes involving snitches and witnesses against organized crime syndicates the percentage of one of them being attacked or intimidated is pretty low even though extra effort is taken for their safeguard and the potential is far greater. This only applies to those who've already talked to the cops.  

Those who could or would talk to the cops but haven't yet, well.......

But for a suspect in a petty crime, I don't think they want to add to more problems right after they just got caught doing something stupid.  Intimidating, threatening or actually attacking a victim/witness to a crime gets quite serious and quick. That in itself could end up costing them far more time in the pokie.  What would have been a few months would end up being a few years.

In a nutshell I don't see or hear too many threatening/assaulting witness/victims happening much.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then go back and read the OP.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your GF should send the police a letter.  Nicely tell them, in writing, that she doesn't think it was a good idea for them to show that burglary suspect exactly where she lives.  Ask the police to make certain that the suspect causes her no further harm.  

Sounds like Firestone wasn't negligent.  

I missed the part about a burglary?

Then go back and read the OP.    

Larceny from a vehicle is not burglary
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, IM me

sorry for your shitty luck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures of Tits Mcgee

I have nothing COC compliant. Can I IM you guys one?

Yes, IM me

sorry for your shitty luck

What the hell, I'll take one also
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Your GF and my wife have the same name.  Small world.
View Quote

Mines name is Sugar Tits, maybe a second cousin?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Seems like an odd thing to complain about. You know how lucky you are to even have a suspect for this type of thing? That was some good work there. You should have gave em some coffee or something. they don't get that kind f satisfaction every day I bet.
View Quote

Well, there is the part about the suspect not knowing the actual address of the victim until the cop chauffered him there.  
Good that the cop caught the suspect but not so good on the follow-through.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pictures of Tits Mcgee

In for the Titty McGee pics

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures of Tits Mcgee

Yep. Only reason I read it the whole thread.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Sigh ...........

I guess there is to be no photo(s) of Tits McGee.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sigh ...........

I guess there is to be no photo(s) of Tits McGee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
go find thief...when he is out on bond..

with a tire iron.

DO NOT STEAL... DO NOT STEAL....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You settled up and got the keys to the car and didn't check it to make sure it was locked? It looks like you two are the ones who screwed up not Firestone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So I stayed at my GF house last night and around 2 am I get jolted out of bed by loud knocking on her front door. I spring out of bed, eyes barely open, I see bright lights out front. First thought is crap a plow hit my truck or something. I swing open the front door to find a officer there smiling at me. "Hello sir, is this the residence of Tits Mcgee?" Still not quite awake yet I mumble yeah thats my GF whats up?

He goes on to explain that my GF's car was ransacked along with a few plow trucks in the parking lot of the Firestone Tire place we left it earlier that afternoon. (we had  snow storm yesterday resulting in like 5-6" snow. She did not want to drive her car home with the way the roads were. So we go inside settle up the tab get the keys and ask the manager if it was ok to leave the car until tomorrow. He says no problem its all set come back whenever.) The officer explains the suspect was caught in her car red handed. I guess one the two truck guys saw him and called the police. He then starts to ask what we had in the car and it appears he stole her GPS an ipod shuffle a crappy digital camera and about $27 in cash that she leaves in there for gas and what not. So he asks her if she wants to press charges. She looks at me and says, should I? Shes like what if it was just some poor person who was cold. I was like fuck that thief, press charges. So the police goes back to his cruiser and looks like hes talking to someone in the back seat He returns and and I ask him, did you bring the suspect to her house? Why would you bring him here to show him where my GF who is pressing charges lives?

Is that common practice? Seems stupid to me. But I guess he would see her address at some point seeing as my GF pressed charges? I'm just concerned that this fine young citizen may try some stupid retaliation against my GF property or worse seeing as the police showed him exactly where she lives.

On a side note, WTF Firestone for leaving her car unlocked. Any recourse against them for being negligent? they probably have a sign inside that says, we're not responsible blah blah.

TL;DR

Police wake us up at 2am by bringing thief to my GF house to explain what had happened to her car and if she wanted to press charges.

Side side note: Her car is registered at her mothers house as well as her DL. They called her mom and scared the shit out of her, drove the suspect allll the way to Coventry and woke up said mother just to drive him all the way back to her house. Seems like a lot of work for a simple larceny. But good on them for seeking justice.

You settled up and got the keys to the car and didn't check it to make sure it was locked? It looks like you two are the ones who screwed up not Firestone.
You beat me to it. I would have made sure the car was locked. Often, they are left unlocked if they know you are going to come pick it up the same day the work was done. I don't know WHY they do that, but they do.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You beat me to it. I would have made sure the car was locked. Often, they are left unlocked if they know you are going to come pick it up the same day the work was done. I don't know WHY they do that, but they do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We went inside and I specifically asked the manager if the car was all set and if it was ok to leave it overnight. He said yes, no problem. You think he would have added, "btw we left it outside for the past 9 hours unattended and unlocked." (dropped it off at 8am, got keys at 5:30pm). But like I said before, I do concede to the fact that we didn't check the locks. But there was like 5" of snow covering to car at the time. And we assumed that a reputable business wouldn't leave their costumers property that was untrusted to their care so vulnerable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Who takes their car to firestone???

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
<snip>

View Quote

I have never had a service entity lock one of my vehicles.  That is why I take my usual $25000 of test equipment out before an oil change.  I have sat in the waiting room with a rifle bag and a gun bag.  Fucking idiots.

Lock your house doors OP and tighten shit up.  Better have some serious security talking with your GF.  Make sure she knows this is a true threat and not a joke.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did once in my youth when I needed tires and had not yet established credit.  They finance.........
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I did once in my youth when I needed tires and had not yet established credit.  They finance.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice, Ive had her shacking up my place since it happened. Ha I gave her shit for using Firestone as well. I have a tire guy that we will use in the future. Heres another kicker with their lack luster service. She brought in in bc the drivers side front tire had a leak. She has "tire insurance" from them. They patched the passenger side rear tire and when we went to pick it up the front tire was flat So I had have them take it back in again. Told them, please lock it this time Then they tried to charge her $25 for the patch! I was like WTF she has insurance. They said my bad, I'll credit her account...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Disclosed reports should be redacted as the crime didn't take place at the residence. That's how we do it here. Still not hard to find out but that sounds like a bad move by the arresting officer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that gets redacted here is Social Security numbers.  Names, DOBs, home addresses, etc are all open information.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
well I guess now he has a face to go with the name and address

seems like a stupid thing to do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

So I stayed at my GF house last night and around 2 am I get jolted out of bed by loud knocking on her front door. I spring out of bed, eyes barely open, I see bright lights out front. First thought is crap a plow hit my truck or something. I swing open the front door to find a officer there smiling at me. "Hello sir, is this the residence of Tits Mcgee?" Still not quite awake yet I mumble yeah thats my GF whats up?

He goes on to explain that my GF's car was ransacked along with a few plow trucks in the parking lot of the Firestone Tire place we left it earlier that afternoon. (we had  snow storm yesterday resulting in like 5-6" snow. She did not want to drive her car home with the way the roads were. So we go inside settle up the tab get the keys and ask the manager if it was ok to leave the car until tomorrow. He says no problem its all set come back whenever.) The officer explains the suspect was caught in her car red handed. I guess one the two truck guys saw him and called the police. He then starts to ask what we had in the car and it appears he stole her GPS an ipod shuffle a crappy digital camera and about $27 in cash that she leaves in there for gas and what not. So he asks her if she wants to press charges. She looks at me and says, should I? Shes like what if it was just some poor person who was cold. I was like fuck that thief, press charges. So the police goes back to his cruiser and looks like hes talking to someone in the back seat He returns and and I ask him, did you bring the suspect to her house? Why would you bring him here to show him where my GF who is pressing charges lives?

Is that common practice? Seems stupid to me. But I guess he would see her address at some point seeing as my GF pressed charges? I'm just concerned that this fine young citizen may try some stupid retaliation against my GF property or worse seeing as the police showed him exactly where she lives.

On a side note, WTF Firestone for leaving her car unlocked. Any recourse against them for being negligent? they probably have a sign inside that says, we're not responsible blah blah.

TL;DR

Police wake us up at 2am by bringing thief to my GF house to explain what had happened to her car and if she wanted to press charges.

Side side note: Her car is registered at her mothers house as well as her DL. They called her mom and scared the shit out of her, drove the suspect allll the way to Coventry and woke up said mother just to drive him all the way back to her house. Seems like a lot of work for a simple larceny. But good on them for seeking justice.
View Quote
It is generally frowned upon to chain them to a phone pole these days.  So you have to keep them warm and comfy in the back seat.  I suppose they could put a black hood over his head so he couldn't see where he was going but that would probably also be frowned upon.  Shoot, some folks frown upon even arresting anyone these days.  So, absent the option of chaining him to a phone pole at the scene of the crime until you're ready to fill out a jail commitment and drop him off he gets to ride around with you stinking up the cruiser and bitching about your radio station.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]

That one got me... Well played
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
"Are you the homeowner???"  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

not sure about now but just a few years back (in florida) it had the victims name, dob, address, phone number, employer,  ect.

op is really gonna be pissed if it is the same in his ao
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How is Firestone responsible?  You said you got the keys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pictures of Tits Mcgee
View Quote

please just call her "tits", we are all friends here.

pic of "tits"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
TL;DR version:

1.  Op's GF's name is "Tits McGee"

2.  She got 5-6" earlier in the day.

View Quote

And plowed. Something about plowed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Further exposing a victim to a criminal seems messed up.
View Quote

The criminal will know everything aobut her from the report.  Heck, his own lawyer can tell him and probably will.   That said, it's dumb as hell.  The only excuse I can see as said, is the weather.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#44]
somebody get this guy a membership so he can start a BOTD thread
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Who the hell leaves gas money in the car?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Who the hell leaves gas money in the car?
View Quote

Not only does she leave cash in the car, she leaves laptops, medication, school books. She lived a sheltered life out in the sticks apprently

Speaking of, the accused failed to take any of the medical text books in the back seat. Estimated value of about $600. I full bottle of adderall, street value of about $350, or the box of keurig refills in the truck... Stupid criminals are stupid
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can understand the suspect seeing her name in the police report but why would he need to see the address too? Seems kind of stupid to me.
View Quote

It depends on the area.  We have a database that we type all of our reports in to.  When we print copies there is a "victims copy" "media copy" and "court copy."  The reports that anyone outside our agency/court gets don't have addresses and personal information of victim or offender.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top