Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2015 2:56:34 PM EDT
So this will be my first time to Orlando. I'll be there for a week from March 4-10. So far I have planned on getting a 3 day pass to Disney and will purchase tickets to Universal Studios while I'm there.

Anything else to do and see while I'm there? I'll be staying in the Disney theme park and will not be renting a car.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Space Mountain!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Kilimanjaro Safari
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Dole whips at Magic Kingdom.

Bring bottled water or powder mix. Tap water there tastes horrible.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Disney is for kids no kids don't bother going.

islands of adventure is what you want in universal, or go to both.

Busch Gardens would be a second choice.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discovery Cove was the highlight for my family on our first trip to Orlando.  Swim with dolphins and rays.  Other than my youngest daughter, who was terrified by the dolphin, the entire experience was great.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there the same days at both parks lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree.  I'm on trip #12 and don't have kids.  You do need to be a kid at heart and not a bitter, negative Nancy.

OP... Patience is key down there.  Patience and pre-planning.

ETA  Bring a backpack with bottled water or camel-packs.  On my last visit the water was $2.50 a pop and as a previous poster stated, FL water is funky.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So this will be my first time to Orlando. I'll be there for a week from March 4-10. So far I have planned on getting a 3 day pass to Disney and will purchase tickets to Universal Studios while I'm there.

Anything else to do and see while I'm there? I'll be staying in the Disney theme park and will not be renting a car.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

Make sure you purchase tickets to BOTH the universal parks.   One park does not get you into the other one next door and they wont let you upgrade or anything, you then have to buy a ticket again to BOTH parks... ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Get your tickets (Disney) now and get your fast passes setup before you go.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Express pass for universal.
Do harry potter in the early morning and late night to beat the crowds.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm starting to think that 1 week won't be enough lol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Wear comfortable clothes & shoes.

Cups of ice water of any size are free at all Disney parks for the asking. If a counter service has a fountain, ice water is free. We never buy bottled. This supposedly goes back to the very first days when Uncle Walt was told they had enough money for bathroom or water fountains and his answer was "let them have free ice water". Not sure of the validity of that little anecdote, but large cups of ice water are free for the asking.

The weather should be stunning.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice. Just wondering what your agenda is going to be like?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. I don't understand people without kids who go to Disney. I have kids and still don't want to go (again). Overpriced, overpopulated, waste of money and time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]
If you decide to hit the beaches go west coast. The east coast will be clogged up with us Bike Week'ers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Discovery Cove.  Best kept secret of Orlando tourism.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#17]
The Kennedy Space Center is well worth the time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#18]
We'll overlap...I'll be there the 9th through the 14th.

OST.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Is my 3rd time going in the past 6 years to Disney world. One thing I've learned is map out your kids must rides and hit those first.

Depending on how old your kids are the best time to hit up magic kingdom is at night when most of the little kids are having breakdowns and leaving the park. They were open till 1am I think.

Epcot you want to be there as soon as they open to get to ride all the main rides. We rode all of those within the first 40 min of the park opening. After that it's beer thirty lol.

animal kingdom closes early so 3 hours before closing was prime time for us to hit all those rides.

Ok ticket wise. I like the park hopper on the tickets. We knocked out animal kingdom and Epcot in the same day and only used one ticket for both.

Bring a backpack with bottle water (few frozen) snacks,baby wipes and hand sanitizer And rain ponchos .99 cents from walmart, sunblock too.

For the hotel we have gator aid and aspirin for us old people lol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Early in the week seems ok, but THursday is a prediction of rain. Go to the wet rides early.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#21]

They just raised the prices at Disney to over $100 a day.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I saw that!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]
OP,

Check out the forums over at DISBoards.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Like others have said, plan your Disney rides and fast passes out ahead of time. When you use up a fast pass, book the next one to "get in line". When we were there last year we used our phones to book fast passes as we used them since our Disney accounts were tied to their new wristbands. Was a lot easier than having to trek to the other side of the park to swipe your card.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#25]
The Incredible Hulk coaster at Universal Studios is AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw that!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw that!

Don't think about how much you're spending when you're there. It'll totally destroy it for you.

Look at the souvenirs each day, but don't buy anything. Then, on your last day you can decide what was really cool and what was just a passing fancy. It'll save you a boatload of cash.

We used to eat a big breakfast every morning and then another big meal at around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Saves money and avoids crowds.

Favorite rides are Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, Test Track in EPCOT and the three mountains in Magic Kingdom.

In Animal Kingdom, go on the safari early. The animals are at their most active in the morning and their "gaminess" is at a minimum.

Best place I've found to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks display is standing on the train platform at the Frontierland station. Then, when it's done and the train has been given the all clear to proceed, you get to take a nice leisurely ride back to the entrance rather than fighting the stampede.

Oh, and frame your photographs properly.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Which resort are you staying at?

Do you have any reservations to eat at Disney? it's tough to get into the good places without. I recommend eating at the Poly if you can on magic kingdom day, Ohana for dinner or Kona for breakfast.

Set up a fastpass for the toy story ride at Hollywood studios if you want to do it, the line is always insane otherwise.

If you have little ones who can't ride certain rides and bigger kids that do, get a fastpass for everyone and swap bands, and also get a rider swap pass for later, that way your kids will get up to four rides on their favorites without waiting through the standby line off of one fast pass.

Plan on spending some down time at your resort. Don't haul to much stuff around with you. Relax and have a good time, spend a little money on food and alcohol, it's expensive but it doesn't increase the cost of you trip by the amount it increases your enjoyment of it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#28]
If I purchase the tickets online, can I print out the ticket and use it or do I have to pick them up at the box office?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#29]
you have to pick them up at a ticket booth if u buy online. If your staying at the resort I think the hotel will have them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Keep your pants on. They apparently frown on naked people.

Also, Disney is very good for younger kids... Older kids will Prefer Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, especially if they're into Harry Potter.

Check out SeaWorld as well... Wife and I quite enjoyed that, and they've added a fair bit of rides...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Get your measles shots.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Get your measles shots.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

we haven't had a single measles case yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Kennedy Space Center is well worth the time.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#34]
You'll love both places.

Prepare your anus though for spring break lines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top