BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2015 2:01:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of this crap before. Thank god we don't have it up here..... yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait, so anyone can become a cop?  Does this means special privileges such as access to real toys and mraps?  If so, sign me the fuck up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
retarded.  driving on a suspended license is NOT a ticketable offense, it's arrestable...

ZERO fucks given!  they just want the money, Lebowski!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Either you're a cop or security guard can't really be both.  I know, I know a lot of cops pull security gigs.  But do we really want security guards writing tickets and making arrests?

IMHO if someone is going to wear a uniform that says police they damn well better be working for some government agency municipal state federal etc.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, if anyone can just be a cop, then I am going to be an astronaut.

Anyone know where I can get a 3X Space Suite for cheap?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, so anyone can become a cop?  Does this means special privileges such as access to real toys and mraps?  If so, sign me the fuck up.
View Quote

Do I get unlimited training ammo?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If it scares you don't worry, there are states like; NJ, CA, NY, CT who barely let anyone own guns. You can just move there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
So.... Would this be a way to get federal concealed carry as a "LEO"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Mkay...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
As I was reading I thought this was the perfect answer to the "real" police getting away with shit all the time. You know, speeding, illegal parking, kicking in the wrong door and shooting grandpa or the family pets...

Then the story goes on to explain that this was tried once. And the "real" police immediately asked for the "fake" police's license to be revoked. What to do now?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]

I'll take officers who treat citizens like customers who can fire them anyday.  
I'm not saying that there won't be problems, but the ".gov only" attitude is misguided.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Soon they will have corporate backing.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not saying that there won't be problems, but the ".gov only" attitude is misguided.  

View Quote

I'm pretty damned anti government, but law-enforcement is one of the proper roles of government.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Who will be the first to create joinder?

Post vid please.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
is that zaminski?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

And NFA Form 5s
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm pretty damned anti government, but law-enforcement is one of the proper roles of government.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the entire idea of a government is that it reserves for itself the use of legitimate non-defensive force.

I know that's a nuance lost on the "libertarians belong in Somalia!" crowd, but anyway.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
retarded.  driving on a suspended license is NOT a ticketable offense, it's arrestable...

ZERO fucks given!  they just want the money, Lebowski!
View Quote

Actually in FL DWLSR IS a ticketable offense (1st time w/o knowledge) and then you get a ticket and arrested (or court date) 2nd or 3rd time and so forth.......
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I know a guy that runs about a dozen "private po-po officers" at a shopping/office complex in Alexandra, Virginia. All have uniforms/weapons/arrest powers and are paid very well. All are vets, most USMC, and were formed under SCOP.

They run another smaller operation in DC under their “special police” provision but they are not armed due to liability concerns in DC. They still have arrest powers. It's also a shopping/office complex.

His company can't keep-up with demand as unlike the regular po-po his company is all about protecting property and the people working there. Simply put they do the job the local po-po can't/won't do.

I can't say if it's a good or bad thing but they fill a need by businesses in "urban" areas the larger security firms won't touch. I asked if the "regular" po-po gave them a hard time and he said they liked the fact that they were around.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, must be an employee of a governmental agency.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure that would work in Cali, pretty sure you have to have a POST certificate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#24]
That's asinine...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, the entire idea of a government is that it reserves for itself the use of legitimate non-defensive force.

I know that's a nuance lost on the "libertarians belong in Somalia!" crowd, but anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you also a libertarian that doesn't want to live in Somalia?!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#26]
That's nuts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Ugh.

Because privatizing the prison systems has worked soooo well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Try pulling that shit on me.. I'll just keep driving.. no authority in my eyes..
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in northern Virginia and have never heard of these people.  I know Va does have conservators of the peace but that's usually animal control from gov't agancies.

This is new as far as private is concerned.  considering some of the Zimmerman eager-beaver types that don't get hired by agencies around here, this is not a good thing.  Some people are stuck as security guards for a reason.  This guy seems like he's trying to become his own agency and Manassas City has it's shit together already.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Doing that on public property would be very very dangerous...."Impersonating a police officer" dangerous.

As in "get you shot" for real dangerous if someone were to think they were in fear for their life from an imposter.

If you want to play cop, then be a cop ...or at least join the "reserve deputy" program for at least some validity.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I just saw a Chip's episode recently that had a couple of guys doing this on bikes.
I didn't end well for one of the wanna bees.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Either you're a cop or security guard can't really be both.  I know, I know a lot of cops pull security gigs.  But do we really want security guards writing tickets and making arrests?

IMHO if someone is going to wear a uniform that says police they damn well better be working for some government agency municipal state federal etc.  

View Quote

Don't forget union too.

In before those guys get beat down by union thugs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-43360-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-O87H.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-43360-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-O87H.gif

and thus, ragincajun and gear jammer jammed eachothers gears ragingly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Peak MRAP
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, riiight. "I am NOT under arrest! You're fired!".
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Try pulling that shit on me.. I'll just keep driving.. no authority in my eyes..
View Quote

That won't end well for you.

Read the article, this is about private police sanctioned by a judge, not some guy who pencils police on his car and prints tickets on an inkjet in his car.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously.

I would be looking into this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Now, if we could just get the politicians to leave LE alone to do their JOBS, and get the incompetents off the job, I'll be happy. Two decades as a local cop, proud of what I do, and not happy with how I see my profession being used for politics.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

and thus, ragincajun and gear jammer jammed eachothers gears ragingly.
View Quote

The way you phrased that makes it sound very ... not hetero.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know a guy that runs about a dozen "private po-po officers" at a shopping/office complex in Alexandra, Virginia. All have uniforms/weapons/arrest powers and are paid very well. All are vets, most USMC, and were formed under SCOP.

They run another smaller operation in DC under their “special police” provision but they are not armed due to liability concerns in DC. They still have arrest powers. It's also a shopping/office complex.

His company can't keep-up with demand as unlike the regular po-po his company is all about protecting property and the people working there. Simply put they do the job the local po-po can't/won't do.

I can't say if it's a good or bad thing but they fill a need by businesses in "urban" areas the larger security firms won't touch. I asked if the "regular" po-po gave them a hard time and he said they liked the fact that they were around.
View Quote

Ah, but his interest lies in protecting the interests of the person/ company writing his check. What happens when those interests conflict with what is right? Or legal? No such thing as a 1983 action against private security/ police.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#42]
My dog thinks they taste just like chicken.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it have to be a .gov law enforcement agency?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#44]
LO(L, why don't these guys just become cops in the first place.  Oops, maybe they couldn't hack it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't forget union too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget union too.

Wish it was legal to have a union. Wouldn't have to worry about being fired and blackballed for arresting a "friend/ donor of the Sheriff". But then again, most of the anti-union crowd WANTS that special access and treatment money can provide, and Constitution be DAMNED....
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This. Now, if we could just get the politicians to leave LE alone to do their JOBS, and get the incompetents off the job, I'll be happy. Two decades as a local cop, proud of what I do, and not happy with how I see my profession being used for politics.
View Quote

Gets paid with taxpayer money

Doesn't want accountability to elected officials

#justsheepdogthings
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The main example in the article is the solo "officer" hired by about nine apartment complexes. Not having to respond to those places for stupid shit like "my neighbor is making noise" "I smell drugs coming from apartment 101" It's a huge waste of time to send two cars to tell someone to STFU if they even open the door. Let the private officer get to know these places/people and keep them in line.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seriously.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

My understanding is you have to be employed by a government entity, so I'm not sure if would apply here.  I qualify for national carry as a municipal LEO, but one of my best friends who is an LEO (POST certified with full arrest powers) for a nearby private college does NOT qualify, as he does not work directly for a government entity.  It's an interesting grey area and I'm sure someone will pose this question to those in the national arena who make the policies on such matters.  Are they contractors?  Are they employees?  My guess is they'll be considered private contractors and won't qualify, but then again I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#49]
This is a great way to cut costs get out of pensions  / union with better value to the taxpayer.

Bring on the PMC's
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top