Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They've always seemed high to me for what they are. Especially locally...people think they're on par with upper end brands and ask ridiculous prices for them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Proud of their shit no? Just got new catalog and the prices are
View Quote

You should go buy the $3000.00 Noveske so you can get a bunch  of relabled parts and a cheap ass single stage trigger. Much better deals there. Plus they might even flash you a boobie.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought they were out of the 1911 game after checking their website I see they are in again
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My RRA Varmint upper is one of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned.   It was a great value IMO.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should go buy the $3000.00 Noveske so you can get a bunch  of relabled parts and a cheap ass single stage trigger. Much better deals there. Plus they might even flash you a boobie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? You guys seem to be missing the point of this thread. Take a peek at their advertised prices and get back to me...and I love capitilism as well as freedom of speech.

I don't know what they sell for locally but no one has them. Everything is expensive here so I order online. Actually I'm considering ordering that bcm middy from aim and an aimpoint when I get my tax return.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://mattsko.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/oh-my2.jpg

You know, the ole iron cross did fall off its game fast once John died.  There was a point in the not too distant past that Noveske was the unquestioned leader of the industry.  But now Eisinore13 is right, they have started rebranding parts, slapping them in a 'theme' rifle, and charging an arm and a leg while living off John's name and legacy.  There hasn't been a single real innovation from the iron cross in two years.

Now, I'm not saying their stuff is junk.  It isn't...it is quality.  But John always kept ahead of the market and led the way.  Noveske is now on the trailing edge of the innovation curve.  Keymod, switchblock, pig, etc.  They may not have been totally unique ideas, but he certainly saw the value in the feature, perfected it, and put it to market.  I really am liking Larue's innovations though.  XTRAN, tOBR disassembly, his pistol grip is freaking insane (seems small but it's such a huge connection between you and the gun), but he too sees when he can't improve on something and instead of re-inventing the wheel just latches hold (AR Black Gold trigger).
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have three. My Predator Pursuit is beyond just accurate. It's downright scary.
All three are great shooters. I got mine before the crazy prices too. Could have got cheaper, but they were what I wanted.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thread not going how OP thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Says the guy that owns one no frills AR, that means a lot.

Go away

Thread not going how OP thought.

I love it when that happens
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I sbr'd one of there lowers and it is the tightest fitting AR I have no wobble at all and a bitch to get apart but has been a great gun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Their match grade barrels and uppers are excellent.
View Quote

QFT, MSRP seems about what it always was.

Street price is alittle more then PSA from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
mine are accurate as hell!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have three. My Predator Pursuit is beyond just accurate. It's downright scary.
All three are great shooters. I got mine before the crazy prices too. Could have got cheaper, but they were what I wanted.
View Quote

This also represents me.  All mine are flawless and crazy accurate!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Street price around here is over $1k.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a friend who bought an upper from them.  Actually he had a cop buddy buy it for him at his LE discount price.  It was an $700 upper for $450 so that makes it more reasonable.  Its a sweet shooting upper thought.  I wouldn't mind getting one for $450 but $700 is a bit high.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
RRA isn't a brand that makes cheap bangers.  They're a brand that makes rifles that can win Perry out of the box.

That means they charge more than your bag o' bargains AR manufacturer.
View Quote

This.  

Years ago John Holliger of White Oak Precision sold me one of his entry level NM uppers (I think it was around $750).  It was his barrel with his signature front sight base mod and some of his other magic. Spoke with him on the phone about it.  Parts he started with?

RRA.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For standard guns? That is cracra.

I saw them for less then that (850) at a gun show recently. stndard m4geries.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For standard guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For standard guns?

Yep. God forbid it have a rail and heavy barrel...then it's $1500+. Local rednecks think they're gold or something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#20]
my 20 inch rra is my most accurate ar.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep. God forbid it have a rail and heavy barrel...then it's $1500+. Local rednecks think they're gold or something.
View Quote

Maybe duck dynasty is promoting them or something. I believe they are cryo treating their stainless barrels now. Dont know if that would have anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep.  I have uppers that cost 3 times what my RRA 20" predator pursuit upper did, and are no more accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RRA isn't a brand that makes cheap bangers.  They're a brand that makes rifles that can win Perry out of the box.

Yep.  I have uppers that cost 3 times what my RRA 20" predator pursuit upper did, and are no more accurate.

i cant believe how accurate they are. i love taking mine to the 600 yard range. when i go to the closer range which only goes out to 200 yards i get board.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Only thing I have from RRA at this point is a stock.

I really want one of their 20 inch A2s.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
NM A2 MSRP $1335
NM A4 MSRP $1415

at the rra store at Camp Perry during the national matches which is open to anybody:
NM A2 $1025
NM A4 $1075

they are the best deals in a accurate ar15.

I bought my NM A4 at camp Perry a few years back for $975
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I have their 20" Coyote rifle.  Bought it at the height of the Sandy Hook panic for $1k

Haven't even shot it yet

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Had my LAR15 for 6 or so years now. It's my GT AR. Great gun. Glad I bought before prices went crazy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]
My first AR was a RRA Entry Tac back in about 2004. Street prices were much lower the RRAs advertised price. It was a good rifle. Ate thousands of rounds of Wolf, surplus, whatever. Never gave me a problem. I have since used the upper to build up a rifle that I sold (didnt like the heavy barrel and rail) and formed 1 the lower. My kids 22lrs both have RRA lowers.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#28]
lol, take it easy on popsickles you guys, he knows everything.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For years they skipped chrome lining, skipped machining m4 barrels under the handguards, they use 4140, so yeah, they are kind of cheap bangers even if they make nice CMP rifles  

edit not that there's anything wrong with a cheap banger if assembled properly, but they use cheaper parts and skip work that places like Colt, Bravo and LMT do

oh and their match triggers were notorious for breaking after awhile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For years they skipped chrome lining, skipped machining m4 barrels under the handguards, they use 4140, so yeah, they are kind of cheap bangers even if they make nice CMP rifles  

edit not that there's anything wrong with a cheap banger if assembled properly, but they use cheaper parts and skip work that places like Colt, Bravo and LMT do

oh and their match triggers were notorious for breaking after awhile

All of this. I don't understand the appeal.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Love my RRA rifles, but yeah I got that catalog too... Nope.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I remember RRA making a big deal about their DEA contract about 10 years ago. They do make good stuff but dont give a shit about whats milspec or tier 1.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Find a better NM rifle for less $ (or more $ for that matter) and get back to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:22:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Five shot group at 100 yds with my 20" Predator Pursuit upper and Hornady 53gr Superformance:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I bought a RRA a few years ago and love it.

If you're paying msrp you've already failed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I remember RRA making a big deal about their DEA contract about 10 years ago. They do make good stuff but dont give a shit about whats milspec or tier 1.
View Quote

LaRue doesn't give a shit about Milspec either.

What exactly is "Tier 1"?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#36]
OP is right. DPMS is where it's at.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top