Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:46:30 AM EDT
12 Year-Old’s Facebook Page Locked After Posting Viral Video Questioning Obama’s Love of Country

Last week, Conservative teen CJ Pearson, an African-American middle-schooler, posted an epic defense of New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s repeated claims that President Barack Obama “doesn’t love America.”

On Friday, C.J. Pearson, a 12-year-old conservative from Georgia who posted a viral video supporting Rudy Giuliani, discovered that his personal Facebook page was locked. In an exclusive interview with Examiner.com on Saturday, Pearson said he received a message from someone about 6 a.m. Friday. That’s when he learned his account and page had been locked for “suspicious activity.”
View Quote

Welcome to free speech in the Progressive Liberal world, I have no doubt this is a prelude to what is in store for us all via FCC soon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
ARFCOM is next
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That old Bill of Rights is obsolete---written 200 years ago by some old white men.

We are now governed by "intellectual" liberals who decide what those first 10 amendments mean and who they apply to.

And they do not apply to you and me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
So, Facebook found it suspicious that a Black kid doesn't view Obama as The Messiah?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there any proof besides what the 12 year old said?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ARFCOM is next
View Quote

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. I'm waiting for the COC to be revised to disallow the "fuck the President with a rusty chainsaw" comments that seem to be the only thing posters can articulate anymore in so many threads of late.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That old Bill of Rights is obsolete---written 200 years ago by some old white men.

We are now governed by "intellectual" liberals who decide what those first 10 amendments mean and who they apply to.

View Quote

What does how a private company handles their property have to do with the Bill of Rights?

Do you find the moderation on arfcom to be infringing on your rights?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless Facebook has changed their policy, a 12 year olds page should be locked, if they admit they are 12.  They have (used to have) a policy that you have to be 13 to create an account.

Very hard to claim you were shut down for your views, when your entire presence is a volition of policy, and cause to be locked down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to assume there is more to the story until it's shown otherwise.  Pretty sure people post political stuff on Facebook all the time.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What does how a private company handles their property have to do with the Bill of Rights?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If FB locked it because FB says so then whatever. If FB locked it because they have been told to block such activity by the government then that would be a major issue. However all I see in the article is what the kid said, with no proof of anything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm going to assume there is more to the story until it's shown otherwise.  Pretty sure people post political stuff on Facebook all the time.
View Quote

Stop being reasonable. Obama took over the internet. its all Obamas fault.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#11]
FBHO
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 it amazes me how many people think that freedom of speech applies to private entities.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
12 Year-Old’s Facebook Page Locked After Posting Viral Video Questioning Obama’s Love of Country

Last week, Conservative teen CJ Pearson, an African-American middle-schooler, posted an epic defense of New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s repeated claims that President Barack Obama “doesn’t love America.”

On Friday, C.J. Pearson, a 12-year-old conservative from Georgia who posted a viral video supporting Rudy Giuliani, discovered that his personal Facebook page was locked. In an exclusive interview with Examiner.com on Saturday, Pearson said he received a message from someone about 6 a.m. Friday. That’s when he learned his account and page had been locked for “suspicious activity.”
View Quote

Welcome to free speech in the Progressive Liberal world, I have no doubt this is a prelude to what is in store for us all via FCC soon.
View Quote

You don't have free speech guarantees on anyones website, or other privately owned property.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Just Googled it. Facebook policy seem to be that you have to be at least 13 years old to have an account. I wonder if someone ratted him out based on his age.

https://www.facebook.com/help/157793540954833
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Welcome to free speech in the Progressive Liberal world, I have no doubt this is a prelude to what is in store for us all via FCC soon. a private website. Obey their rules.  If you don't like it you can leave.
View Quote

Unless you'd like to be able to dictate the rules to them?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just Googled it. Facebook policy seem to be that you have to be at least 13 years old to have an account. I wonder if someone ratted him out based on his age.

View Quote
Yep. If he was 12, he was violating Facebook's TOS, and deserved to have his account locked.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep. If he was 12, he was violating Facebook's TOS, and deserved to have his account locked.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And made the news, good for him.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Facebook is partially owned and financed by the .Gov to begin with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WUT?

It's a private business funded by advertising and revenue generated by stocks.  The government doesn't own or finance Facebook.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Unless Facebook has changed their policy, a 12 year olds page should be locked, if they admit they are 12.  They have (used to have) a policy that you have to be 13 to create an account.

Very hard to claim you were shut down for your views, when your entire presence is a volition of policy, and cause to be locked down.
View Quote

Yup and there will be 3 pages of bitching at Facebook for stifle free speech.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn't everybody on facebook 12 years old?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shaddap!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Isn't everybody on facebook 12 years old?
View Quote

no...just the GD
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Did it begin? Are we being repressed already?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I think you officially have to be 13 to be on FB.  I had a friend start a "baby" account to announce their pregnancy.  They friended a whole bunch of people and FB shut down the page.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Breaking Story: Political Blog Creates Conspiracy Out Of Nothing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Then let's see any videos relating to bashing conservative representatives removed...

Will NEVER happen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Then let's see any videos relating to conservatives removed...

Will NEVER happen.
View Quote

If they were posted by 12 years, I'm sure they would be as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tune into the evening news for more details. Lester Holt will be filling in for Brian Williams, who is taking a few days to colonize Mars.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
that would be  funny if not true
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Racisst
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.truthwinsout.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/xkcd.jpg

this is true.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

??

news to me, care to show some proof.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Shaddap!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shaddap!

STOP INFRINGING MY FREE SPEECH YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

WUT?

It's a private business funded by advertising and revenue generated by stocks.  The government doesn't own or finance Facebook.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WUT?

its private but if you look at the investors and the technology a lot of it came from various dept of the .gov.  if you read a lot about the company parts of it start to leak it. I've read things here and there that basically came out and talked about the funding and start up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#40]
were getting the internet version of a HOA.......
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#41]
where is the video?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I am sure that really convinced him of the error of his ways.

Seriously, if anything it's one more reason to hate Facebook.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You don't have free speech guarantees on anyones website, or other privately owned property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk to the bakery that didn't want to bake a they wedding cake.
If they have to serve everyone, Facebook should be held to the same standard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if that were true, it wouldn't apply in this case because Facebook doesn't allow anyone under the age of 13 to post anything, regardless of its political orientation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, Facebook found it suspicious that a Black kid doesn't view Obama as The Messiah?
View Quote

Well, isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm pretty sure 12 year olds aren't allowed to have Facebook per their ToS.

Plus, 12 year olds are pretty much indirectly forbidden by U.S. law to interact or sign up on a site like Facebook, chat rooms, or forums like this by the COPPA. To make it legal the site would need their parents to sign and fax in a form that gave them permission to share personal information.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#47]
The kid will be going to a re-education camp soon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then let's see any videos relating to conservatives removed...

Will NEVER happen.

Would you like to put money on it?

Because I'm betting not.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The kid will be going to a re-education camp soon.
View Quote

It's called public school system.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#50]
FFS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top