BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the forces were Shia militias backed by Iranians.
View Quote

That just means we get to cheer for both sides!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully the Iraqis have a plan to mop up any ISIS retreating out of Tikrit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the forces were Shia militias backed by Iranians.

This is correctemundo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Destroy?  My guess is this admin will have transportation waiting to relocate them to the US as "refugees".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Destroy?  My guess is this admin will have transportation waiting to relocate them to the US as "refugees".

Quoted:

I hope we have assets ready to destroy ISIS as they are forced out into the open.

I was hoping for artillery followed by massive B-52 air strikes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hopefully vids of Isis guys begging like little bitches before their execution soon
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope we have assets ready to destroy ISIS as they are forced out into the open.

Ya missed the post awhile back the Old Lady Aint in use in Iraq it is the B-1 Bone. Which for 6 months Prior to January Wrecked a Whole town with over 2000 Bomb drops.

Link for Bone Awesomeness
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Eh....fuck 'em.

That country was a waste of too many good Americans.  

They don't deserve freedom.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
From http://www.wsj.com/articles/iraqs-military-begins-campaign-to-reclaim-tikrit-1425287398?mod=europe_home:
In addition to supplying drones, Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard force has fighters on the ground with Iraqi units, mostly operating artillery and rocket batteries, according to a U.S. military official. Iraqi Shiite militias closely allied with Iran are also heavily involved.

Iran’s semiofficial Fars news agency reported that Qasem Soleimani, head of the Revolutionary Guard’s overseas unit Quds Force, was on the ground near Tikrit advising commanders.
View Quote

And from http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iraq-forces-take-on-tikrit-in-biggest-operation-yet/ar-BBi8tOr:

Both Iraqi and Iranian media said Qassem Soleimani -- the commander of the Al-Quds Force covert operations unit of Tehran's elite Revolutionary Guards -- was in Salaheddin province to help coordinate operations.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
ON WITH THE BODY COUNT!

Change all the race and police references to something about ISIS, and it works good.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
wrong thread
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't really care. Its not our problem anymore.
View Quote

You're a fool.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:25:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully they put the hurt on isis instead of surrendering.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
i think the reason America is being left out of the loop. is that Iran and Iraq don't see this as an ISIS problem. but as a Sunni uprising. the American insistence on trying to involve the sunnis against ISIS was unacceptable to the power in Iraq.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-providing-air-support-iraqi-push-retake-tikrit/story?id=29332144

" A U.S. official told ABC News that this appears to be more of a “tactical operation” and that Iraqi military elements involved do not appear to be well-coordinated.

"We were aware of the operation before it started,” Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren told reporters Monday. “But I’m not going to details about what degree of coordination was involved in this."

Another U.S. official said that the U.S. began monitoring Iraqi troop movements in the area last week, though it remains unclear how much advance information Iraq provided to American military officials.

Warren said U.S. and coalition aircraft are not providing airstrikes in support of the operation since Iraq did not request air support. A U.S. official told ABC News that the Iraqi Air Force and Army aviation are providing Iraqi troops with air cover for the operation.

Warren said the U.S. military mission in Iraq is to advise and assist Iraq's military in their fight against ISIS, but Iraq that decides the level of cooperation it wants.

A Shiite militia leader told the BBC that Iran's General Qasem Soleiman, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's Quds Force, was involved in the planning of the offensive. Officers of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have been assisting the Iraqi military since last year and Iranian jets have conducted airstrikes against ISIS targets in eastern Iraq. Senior U.S. military officials have said repeatedly that there is no coordination with Iran in the fight against ISIS inside Iraq. "

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#14]
If this whole cluster fuck goes down the shitter, wonder if we'll hear about it via the MSM?  My guess, the 'news cycle' will have passed and then, nothing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top