BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's another idea.. don't point a gun at someone you're not willing to shoot

If he had shot someone for "being on a fence" (not even the kind of fence meant to secure an area, just a "for show" fence that only goes up to about mid thigh).. he'd be in prison right now

Or maybe not.. maybe the thin blue line fat clown shoes would've protected him
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the queen and her guard.  That last guy needs his ass kicked for pointing a rifle at someone for being on a fucking fence.

Here's an idea, hear me out on this one....

Maybe don't fuck with the Queen's guard, and you won't get a gun pointed at you.

I donno, maybe I'm just crazy.

If he had shot someone for "being on a fence" (not even the kind of fence meant to secure an area, just a "for show" fence that only goes up to about mid thigh).. he'd be in prison right now

Thin blue line?

What the fuck do the police have to do with the actions of a military member?

Your agenda is showing. Sober up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
never understood the obsession with taunting those guys. They should be allowed to brain dumb asses who get to close. Show some level of respect dumb asses.
View Quote

I walked up to the one at Windsor Castle last year, pulled my dog tags out of my shirt and said, "I just wanted to thank you and your mates for standing beside us in the field.  We appreciate it very much."  He gave me a nod of the head and I gave him a salute and walked off.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the queen and her guard.  That last guy needs his ass kicked for pointing a rifle at someone for being on a fucking fence.

Maybe don't fuck with the Queen's guard, and you won't get a gun pointed at you.

Man, you're getting a good start with this troll account already

ETA: Appears he was drunk-posting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I walked up to the one at Windsor Castle last year, pulled my dog tags out of my shirt and said, "I just wanted to thank you and your mates for standing beside us in the field.  We appreciate it very much."  He gave me a nod of the head and I gave him a salute and walked off.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
never understood the obsession with taunting those guys. They should be allowed to brain dumb asses who get to close. Show some level of respect dumb asses.

Those are the actions and words that probably helps them deal with all the other idiots that cannot and will not ever understand.

I never served in the military but I have enormous respect for those who know what it is to fight for something.   In my short 6 years with my department I have been to two officer funerals for officers in my department(one of which was a friend from my academy and 11 years younger to the day than me)   When you wind up with officers from around the state showing up due concepts such as duty, honor, respect, seeing that first hand and being a part of it changes you.

Having never been in combat, I have no grounds to even imagine what symbolism honor guards might have for those who have fought and died for this country.   I only know what those things mean to me.

Being able to tell those men with the funny shoes and hat that the things they are doing are not lost on some of us is probably pretty rewarding.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummm no.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those are the actions and words that probably helps them deal with all the other idiots that cannot and will not ever understand.

I never served in the military but I have enormous respect for those who know what it is to fight for something.   In my short 6 years with my department I have been to two officer funerals for officers in my department(one of which was a friend from my academy and 11 years younger to the day than me)   When you wind up with officers from around the state showing up due concepts such as duty, honor, respect, seeing that first hand and being a part of it changes you.

Having never been in combat, I have no grounds to even imagine what symbolism honor guards might have for those who have fought and died for this country.   I only know what those things mean to me.

Being able to tell those men with the funny shoes and hat that the things they are doing are not lost on some of us is probably pretty rewarding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those men with the funny shoes and hats deploy and fight just like everybody else.  Like our Old Guard in Arlington.  

Just an fyi in case you didn't know.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These guys are not to be messed with.  Good fun though.

If you haven't see it before, then it is really worth watching.  Funny and informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiW_bWZ2Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFq-v7TKdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzn9V3ha3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNfdPxtfek
View Quote

Thanks for posting that

If I ever have the pleasure of visiting your backwords nation, I can only hope my tour guide would be half as awesome as that man.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those men with the funny shoes and hats deploy and fight just like everybody else.  Like our Old Guard in Arlington.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I get that.

Many of the honor guard that I have seen at law enforcement funerals, the ones pulling watch during viewing, are all former or active military.   Many of them have served in a military honor guard role as well.

Mentioned the funny hat and shoes because that is all that the clueless see.  Nevermind that the people in these guard positions are often some of the most duty and honor minded people you will find.

There is symbolism and tradition in those hats and shoes.  

Going to watch the tour guide videos later when on broadband.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF are you smoking?

Go climb on the fence of the White House.    You will have a hell of a lot more than one rifle pointed at you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Stealing this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of lily-livered pansies in here, with all their updating and retracting and apologising and nonsense

Did Washington apologise for choosing the wrong side during the Colonial Hissyfit of Ingratitude? No. Even if he completely should have done, he stood firm. Is this how you repay him for his terrible choices?

Jayne Cobb would NOT approve.

Edited to add: I really can't type today, lol

Stealing this.

I liked it too!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

How about staying off the fucking fence.

Ignorant fucking people

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

North Carolina respectfully submits that she should be allowed to stay pending construction of a huge ass fence around Cary and Chapel Hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of lily-livered pansies in here, with all their updating and retracting and apologising and nonsense

Did Washington apologise for choosing the wrong side during the Colonial Hissyfit of Ingratitude? No. Even if he completely should have done, he stood firm. Is this how you repay him for his terrible choices?

Jayne Cobb would NOT approve.

Edited to add: I really can't type today, lol

Ya' know. Many of us would gladly give you most of those original colonies back.

We'll keep VA, SC, and GA. The rest should be returned to their rightful owners.

So first you screw them up, and then you want to give them back?!

You made your bed, now sleep in it.

I didn't screw them up.

North Carolina respectfully submits that she should be allowed to stay pending construction of a huge ass fence around Cary and Chapel Hill.

Yes please. If you would allow us that, we promise to be normal again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
hello i am a 14er and i am calling you a 15er.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've been several places in this world where not only would they point a gun at you, they would shoot you in the head.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just a wild guess but I'm betting you're familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a wild guess but I'm betting you're familiar.

Yes, He trolls GD.  Must be from DU...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the guards need to follow a number of steps before they can detain somebody. The last step prior to detention is to warn them off with the weapon. If the person still doesn't back down, they can then be detained by the Guard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe the vapid, ignorant tourist shouldn't be on the fence?  Try climbing the fence at the White House or any other DC monument and see how many guns get pointed at you.

I'll never understand tourists who have nothing better to do on vacation then fuck with a ceremonial guard...while egging their mouthbreathing, short bus riding, sad excuses for children, to do likewise.  If they're Americans being shot and killed in the UK by a guard in a bearskin hat would be doing all of us back here a huge favor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the vapid, ignorant tourist shouldn't be on the fence?  Try climbing the fence at the White House or any other DC monument and see how many guns get pointed at you.

I'll never understand tourists who have nothing better to do on vacation then fuck with a ceremonial guard...while egging their mouthbreathing, short bus riding, sad excuses for children, to do likewise.  If they're Americans being shot and killed in the UK by a guard in a bearskin hat would be doing all of us back here a huge favor.

I agree. When you travel be on your best behavior. Act like a shit stain you should be beaten like a shit stain.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This one is funnier.

http://youtu.be/LZ0ue-XGl9c
View Quote

Okay you win.

I would also pay money to see some jackass tourist mess with or poke fun of those guys.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've pulled guard duty at the Stockholm Palace and the royal family's residence.

It's not my primary duty though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few times I've had to point my rifle, with bayonet, against dumb tourists who think that we're not allowed to move.

The bayo usually gets the point across.

Whoa. You're a guard?

I've pulled guard duty at the Stockholm Palace and the royal family's residence.

When someone asks you, if you're a guard, you say, "YES!"
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In Sweden, everyone gets a gold star - so they rotate different units through on guard duty, so that lots of different units get the opportunity to stand guard.  I believe there's also a dedicated "guard" regiment, that does it some times of the year.  Obviously, swede1986 can describe it in more detail.

Denmark and the UK uses dedicated guard regiments, who spend a considerable amount of time preparing and training for the guard duty.  So only units from the guard regiment(s) are used to protect the Royal family.
View Quote

Pretty much.

The Life Guards (one of the oldest regiments in the World) has the primary responsibility for ceremonial tasks and for guarding the royals. When those guys are busy elsewhere other units are rotated in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In Denmark, the Life Guard is not tasked with "detaining" people.    I guess the sergeant of the guard could call the police, if they felt someone needed to be detained - and the police would respond VERY quickly.  

There are however a number of steps before they are allowed to shoot somebody.  

Verbal warnings are obviously required.  A warning shot is also required before you are cleared to actually shoot someone.

If physically attacked, however, all options are on the table - whether buttstroke, bayonet or live fire.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the guards need to follow a number of steps before they can detain somebody. The last step prior to detention is to warn them off with the weapon. If the person still doesn't back down, they can then be detained by the Guard.

In Denmark, the Life Guard is not tasked with "detaining" people.    I guess the sergeant of the guard could call the police, if they felt someone needed to be detained - and the police would respond VERY quickly.  

There are however a number of steps before they are allowed to shoot somebody.  

Verbal warnings are obviously required.  A warning shot is also required before you are cleared to actually shoot someone.

If physically attacked, however, all options are on the table - whether buttstroke, bayonet or live fire.  

We are allowed to detain people if necessary, but we are to hand them over to the rozzers as soon as possible.

Use of force is strictly regulated, and verbal warnings and warning shots have to precede lethal force if there's time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You know what, looking back on what I said last night, that was out of line.  People should have some respect for them, myself included.  That must not be an easy job to deal with people constantly berating you and "challenging" you like some of the people in that video.
View Quote

Must have remembered you were talking about a combat vet.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look, the new class is here and they're making us all forget how retarded the '13ers were.

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I watched all four. Excellent.
View Quote

I especially enjoyed the part about Marines holding hands.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few times I've had to point my rifle, with bayonet, against dumb tourists who think that we're not allowed to move.

The bayo usually gets the point across.

Whoa. You're a guard?

Very cool.. my regards.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go play in traffic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Just looked at my old passport, and the first time I visited the UK was in April of 1987. My highschool English teacher was the head chaperone, and I'll never forget his advice just before we stepped off the 747 at Heathrow: "You are representing the United States ... don't be a dipshit".

That advice has served me well over the years, and not just in the UK
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Go play in traffic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go play in traffic.

I already apologized, I said I was out of line with what I said, can't do much more than that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
FIFY

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This one is funnier.

http://youtu.be/LZ0ue-XGl9c
View Quote

And that border is the most likely place in the world at the moment to have a Nuclear Weapons exchange.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There are places in this world where walking past a certain line, be it painted on the ground, or marked with a sign, will get you shot dead. I'm sure there are some in England, and I'm willing to bet there is a very politely worded sign nearby that says "Keep off fence Please". The sign didn't work. The guard couldn't leave his post. Shouting a command didn't seem to work either. Looks like pointing the rifle worked, and if it hadn't, I bet shooting it would have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are places in this world where walking past a certain line, be it painted on the ground, or marked with a sign, will get you shot dead. I'm sure there are some in England, and I'm willing to bet there is a very politely worded sign nearby that says "Keep off fence Please". The sign didn't work. The guard couldn't leave his post. Shouting a command didn't seem to work either. Looks like pointing the rifle worked, and if it hadn't, I bet shooting it would have.

On summer vacation, 1980, while walking through a town overseas I climbed onto a buildings little ledge about 4 feet above the sidewalk.

Shit got real quickly. It was the seat of the Croatian government.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:35:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They should stick to an older type of rifle for parade and bludgeoning use, like how our tomb guards use the M14 with bayonet. Sometimes modern just isn't a good substitute for 10 long pounds of wood and steel with a sharp pointy bit on one end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder if bullpups are unnatural for that kind of stuff.

It took them a little bit to come up with the techniques from what i understand.....big difference between an L1A1 and the L-85

They should stick to an older type of rifle for parade and bludgeoning use, like how our tomb guards use the M14 with bayonet. Sometimes modern just isn't a good substitute for 10 long pounds of wood and steel with a sharp pointy bit on one end.

Agreed. I think all countries that adopted the AK still use the more drill-friendly SKS for their "parade guard" or whomever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
These guys are not to be messed with.  Good fun though.

If you haven't see it before, then it is really worth watching.  Funny and informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiW_bWZ2Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFq-v7TKdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzn9V3ha3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNfdPxtfek
View Quote

OST
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I already apologized, I said I was out of line with what I said, can't do much more than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go play in traffic.

Duly noted and thank you for doing so.  We all say stuff that is either inappropriate or misguided at times..  Apology accepted as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I see what you did there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear you get in the front door.

I think the guy that jumped the White House fence should be entitled to live there, with his family.

I see what you did there...

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY  
yer , well , fuck obama
yer i know, preaching to the choir

Anyway , God Save The Queen

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
yer , well , fuck obama

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FIFY  
yer , well , fuck obama

No no, it's God Attack the Queen.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just looked at my old passport, and the first time I visited the UK was in April of 1987. My highschool English teacher was the head chaperone, and I'll never forget his advice just before we stepped off the 747 at Heathrow: "You are representing the United States ... don't be a dipshit".

That advice has served me well over the years, and not just in the UK
View Quote

Good teacher.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FIFY  

FFS, people.

Really? I mean, really?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FFS, people.

Really? I mean, really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FIFY  

FFS, people.

Really? I mean, really?

Arfcom GD, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainry.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go play in traffic.

Sorry to jump you.  I missed the apology somehow.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

FFS, people.

Really? I mean, really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY  

FFS, people.

Really? I mean, really?
opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one

and to be fair i have said "fuck obama" a few times

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Pretty much.

The Life Guards (one of the oldest regiments in the World) has the primary responsibility for ceremonial tasks and for guarding the royals. When those guys are busy elsewhere other units are rotated in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Sweden, everyone gets a gold star - so they rotate different units through on guard duty, so that lots of different units get the opportunity to stand guard.  I believe there's also a dedicated "guard" regiment, that does it some times of the year.  Obviously, swede1986 can describe it in more detail.

Denmark and the UK uses dedicated guard regiments, who spend a considerable amount of time preparing and training for the guard duty.  So only units from the guard regiment(s) are used to protect the Royal family.

Pretty much.

Did you get to wear the orange, red and blue suits? Awesome.
j/k lest someone call me an 01er
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top