User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Man throws himself from balcony in Romanian parliament
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just homeless. They're barely human.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like that a homeless person had a phone to record all of this
View Quote

I always wondered. Do homeless people refer to their cell as their "home phone"?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I always wondered. Do homeless people refer to their cell as their "home phone"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Black cop shoots the black homeless guy, doubt we here much else about it.

Like a shooting in the projects here several years ago, black guy was chasing his wife across the parking lot with a knife when the cops rolled up, black cop jumps out and shoots him just as the perp catches up to the wife and stabs her. First words out of everyone's' mouths were "Thank god it was (insert black cop's name) that shot him!"  
View Quote

On that note.
Had a cop tell me that the whites try very hard to get black cops to put hands on other blacks.
One guy on something was fighting people and ripped off all his clothes.
The iPhone's all came out of the projects when the white cops were there and had to wait till a black cop showed.

Me, phones come out and they give me any shit.
I get back in the car and let them deal with their problem the way they feel fit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If he just had a job.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty fucking hard to just "back up" when someone has a firm grip on your gun/ duty belt....

I'm a weapon retention instructor and your comments indicate someone who has ZERO experience in the subject matter.

When someone is going for your gun it is life or death. Period. Shoot them off, cut them off, bite them, whatever. Just don't lose control of your gun. If you do, your odds of being killed with your own gun are about 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many guys does it take to subdue one guy. If the cop felt the man was going for his weapon he should have backed up and drawn his weapon. Then let the other guys subdue him. Only if he felt he was or one of his partners was in danger should he have shot the guy. I could not see if the man actually did go for the cops gun, but "going for the cops holstered gun" seems like to easy of an excuse for unjustified shooting.
Also the guy at 2:18 looks like a mofo

That is all, let the hate begin

Pretty fucking hard to just "back up" when someone has a firm grip on your gun/ duty belt....

I'm a weapon retention instructor and your comments indicate someone who has ZERO experience in the subject matter.

When someone is going for your gun it is life or death. Period. Shoot them off, cut them off, bite them, whatever. Just don't lose control of your gun. If you do, your odds of being killed with your own gun are about 100%

Probably die faster after biting one of the denizens there.

It's a part of Los Angeles everybody who has never been in a big city should see, but most avoid like the plague, which is not a bad idea.  The residents are almost all poly-substance abusers, added to that are probably several levels of mental illness.  All the residents are armed and dangerous, when you are at the bottom of every food chain, socio-economic chain imaginable, every possible vermin with two legs or more consider them their rightful prey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

We had a Captain come to roll call and asked if we knew the addresses of any homeless people. He also said he would like to "condemn" us for doing a fine job. He eventually made assistant chief.

Oh, almost forgot, he climbed up on his desk and stuck his head in a ceiling fan once.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Good shoot.

Mothafucka!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#10]
It looked liked the black cop thought he took his gun. He said he has my gun then just after the shooting he looks like he's trying to find it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's just homeless. They're barely human.
View Quote

C.H.U.D.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Are homeless veterans "barely human" too?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think FP2000H was being sarcastic

at least I hope so
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Wtf is going on in here? I have no idea why people think this is funny or controversial. And fights here get started over stuff. It's as bad here as some of the places I've worked with mostly middle aged women.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every homeless veteran I've ever met lied about what he did in the military, as he was trying to press you like an amway rep for money. What's your point?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Every homeless veteran I've ever met lied about what he did in the military, as he was trying to press you like an amway rep for money. What's your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point is that just because someone is homeless doesn't mean they're subhuman scum and that some of them have served their country
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My point is that just because someone is homeless doesn't mean they're subhuman scum and that some of them have served their country
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that mean they get a free pass to bother people, and shit everywhere?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

99% of those homeless vets are not even real vets despite any claims to be Special Forces.....just like that chap the VA secretary met while on a walkabout.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll send them all out to you in hippie land since you like them so much.

The rest of the world knows their fucking scum.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

99% of those homeless vets are not even real vets despite any claims to be Special Forces.....just like that chap the VA secretary met while on a walkabout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

99%?  Not even close.  I've known quite a few and they aren't the ones holding cardboard signs claiming to be vets.  They're just homeless, they don't use their service as a 'handout' card
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Any word on the bum's criminal history?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#22]

It happened pretty quick but all I saw was an escalation of reactionary force.

Fighting with a cop is one thing, grabbing ANYBODY'S gun will get you deaded.

ETA: Not only good shoot but the cop needs a raise and his own personal parking space by the front door of the precinct.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw the gun grab, and that black cop could have shot, it looks like his first shot would have been 1 handed.

I think the white guy holstering his gun might have shot as well. When the camera swings around after the shots you can see him holstering his gun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

99%?  Not even close.  I've known quite a few and they aren't the ones holding cardboard signs claiming to be vets.  They're just homeless, they don't use their service as a 'handout' card
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So. They were booted out of the Army at Lewis. Blew their cash to go home, or wouldn't go home because home told them to stay away. Now, they hang out in Seattle.

AMIRIGHT?

You knw I am.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Good shoot. I saw a subject violently resisting and then try to disarm an officer. The turd deserved his fate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Witnesses at the scene identified the victim by his street name, "Africa”, and gave conflicting accounts of what they saw.

Dennis Horne, 29, said Africa had been fighting with someone else in his tent when police arrived.

When Africa refused to comply with a police order to come out of the tent, officers used the Taser on him and dragged him out, Horne said. The officers tackled Africa to the ground, where he continued to fight, which led to the fatal shooting, according to Horne.

"It's sad ,” Horne said. "There's no justification to take somebody's life.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-fatally-shoot-homeless-man-20150301-story.html#navtype=outfit

Africa wins aga...wait, not this time.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

The Department of Veteran's Affairs estimates that 33% of the male homeless population in this country are veterans.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good shoot. I saw a subject violently resisting and then try to disarm an officer. The turd deserved his fate.
View Quote

I am not one to blindly run to the defense of cops.

I see nothing wrong with this deal at all. 99% of the time, trying to disarm a cop is gonna get you shot.
Played stupid games, won 6-7 .40S&W stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many guys does it take to subdue one guy. If the cop felt the man was going for his weapon he should have backed up and drawn his weapon. Then let the other guys subdue him. Only if he felt he was or one of his partners was in danger should he have shot the guy. I could not see if the man actually did go for the cops gun, but "going for the cops holstered gun" seems like to easy of an excuse for unjustified shooting.

A man on the ground fighting with 6 people standing, who would need to unholster that weapon in an extreme unorthodox manner, while then manipulating that firearm with one hand, aim it at said officer and fire.. not buying it. 6+ police officers and they could not handle this situation. Maybe they need more training. Trigger happy pigs
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I couldn't see who shot the homeless dude. Was it the black officer? I couldn't tell on my phone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:38:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A man on the ground fighting with 6 people standing, who would need to unholster that weapon in an extreme unorthodox manner, while then manipulating that firearm with one hand, aim it at said officer and fire.. not buying it. 6+ police officers and they could not handle this situation. Maybe they need more training. Trigger happypigs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A man on the ground fighting with 6 people standing, who would need to unholster that weapon in an extreme unorthodox manner, while then manipulating that firearm with one hand, aim it at said officer and fire.. not buying it. 6+ police officers and they could not handle this situation. Maybe they need more training. Trigger happypigs

How original. Now, shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gladly. But that was not directed at all LEO in the country, just in this video
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I believe this is a good place to quote Eric Dorner's manifesto. Fuck the LAPD
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Call me naive, but if I reached for a Police Officer's gun and held on to it during a struggle I would expect to be shot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A man on the ground fighting with 6 people standing, who would need to unholster that weapon in an extreme unorthodox manner, while then manipulating that firearm with one hand, aim it at said officer and fire.. not buying it. 6+ police officers and they could not handle this situation. Maybe they need more training. Trigger happy pigs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A subject trying to take possession of your sidearm is a textbook lethal force scenario, the number of officer's on scene does not matter.  You could have 20 cops, but to get him to the ground means closing with and making contact, which leaves your holster and sidearm exposed.  If he's already shown the capability and intent to disarm you, you don't give him any more opportunities.  

Maybe stick to being a Nurse?  You're quite obviously in way over your head here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That pretty much tells me all I needed to know about you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Cops yelled "Get off my gun" several times before shooting.

Should have followed directions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:49:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did they all shoot him or just one at the scene? You should have made a single animal reference not multiple animal reference, right?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A subject trying to take possession of your sidearm is a textbook lethal force scenario.  Maybe stick to being a Nurse?  You're quite obviously in way over your head here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A subject trying to take possession of your sidearm is a textbook lethal force scenario.  Maybe stick to being a Nurse?  You're quite obviously in way over your head here.

Ya, I am used to doing everything in my power, not eating for 13 hours during my shift to keep my patients alive. Using all my resources to keep these patients alive. I deal with severe DT, bath salt, etc patients who are more aggressive and frantic than this homeless man was and I can manage keeping them down with myself and 3 other women. I don't give a shit that you .mil and LEO are going to shit on me for my comments. They could have handled this in a non lethal manner

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they need more training. Trigger happy pigs

You made that so very clear, Mr Nurse.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#46]
What I saw was a couple of assholes looking to scrap with the cops. Shithead #1 (male) swings wildly with his fist and then shithead #2 (female?) grabbed an officer's unsecured nightstick off the sidewalk and postured/moved like there was intent to use it against the police. Two cops secure the nightstick and the woman, meanwhile roundhouse punch guy is fighting on the ground with the other cops. Shithead #1 grabbed a cop's gun. "Drop the gun! Drop the gun! He's got my gun!"  *Bang*....*Bang Bang Bang*. Shithead #1 is no longer a threat to anybody and shithead #2 is cuffed. Then Samuel Jackson begins his commentary.....

Of course, this video is just one angle and one slice of the incident time wise, but what else could the cops do? The guy obviously wasn't stable and had already assaulted and battered people...can't have that shithead risking or taking lives with a firearm. Grappling, punching and using a TASER had all failed to stop the shithead. What's left?

I'm no fan of the police state or the trampling of the law and of people's rights we're dealing with theses days, but damn, it's a shitty time to be a cop in America.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they need more training. Trigger happy pigs

ok?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ya, I am used to doing everything in my power, not eating for 13 hours during my shift to keep my patients alive. Using all my resources to keep these patients alive. I deal with severe DT, bath salt, etc patients who are more aggressive and frantic than this homeless man was and I can manage keeping them down with myself and 3 other women. I don't give a shit that you .mil and LEO are going to shit on me for my comments. They could have handled this in a non lethal manner

View Quote

So you carry a holstered sidearm at work that is open to be taken from you if you have to physically subdue somebody?  Must be a really bad neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Dude trying to GRAB YOUR FUCKING GUN AWAY FROM YOU?
Shooting is acceptable. Why? Because he wants to kill you. Proven by his effort to obtain a deadly weapon.

Deal with it.

ETA: And they also tried less-lethal means, ref. the Taser employment and the multi-cop effort. Those didn't work.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:53:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was the last time someone grabbed for your holstered duty pistol?  Please tell me how you handled that.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top