User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. Just came right into his home without a warrant and executed him
View Quote

Do you know how much choking on Buffalo dip burns?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How many guys does it take to subdue one guy. If the cop felt the man was going for his weapon he should have backed up and drawn his weapon. Then let the other guys subdue him. Only if he felt he was or one of his partners was in danger should he have shot the guy. I could not see if the man actually did go for the cops gun, but "going for the cops holstered gun" seems like to easy of an excuse for unjustified shooting.
Also the guy at 2:18 looks like a mofo

That is all, let the hate begin
View Quote

Pretty fucking hard to just "back up" when someone has a firm grip on your gun/ duty belt....

I'm a weapon retention instructor and your comments indicate someone who has ZERO experience in the subject matter.

When someone is going for your gun it is life or death. Period. Shoot them off, cut them off, bite them, whatever. Just don't lose control of your gun. If you do, your odds of being killed with your own gun are about 100%
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The riots will be starting up again.
View Quote

Al Sharpton is landing at LAX any minute.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dennis Horne, 29, said Africa had been fighting with someone else in his tent when police arrived.

When Africa refused to comply with a police order to come out of the tent, officers used the Taser on him and dragged him out, Horne said. The officers tackled Africa to the ground, where he continued to fight, which led to the fatal shooting, according to Horne.

"It's sad ,” Horne said. "There's no justification to take somebody's life.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-fatally-shoot-homeless-man-20150301-story.html#navtype=outfit

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Witnesses at the scene identified the victim by his street name, "Africa”, and gave conflicting accounts of what they saw.

Dennis Horne, 29, said Africa had been fighting with someone else in his tent when police arrived.

When Africa refused to comply with a police order to come out of the tent, officers used the Taser on him and dragged him out, Horne said. The officers tackled Africa to the ground, where he continued to fight, which led to the fatal shooting, according to Horne.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-fatally-shoot-homeless-man-20150301-story.html#navtype=outfit

So..........TIA...........is an appropriate response?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The riots will be starting up again.

Black officer shot him. He'll have to hold back to back press conferences for each of them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pretty fucking hard to just "back up" when someone has a firm grip on your gun/ duty belt....

I'm a weapon retention instructor and your comments indicate someone who has ZERO experience in the subject matter.

When someone is going for your gun it is life or death. Period. Shoot them off, cut them off, bite them, whatever. Just don't lose control of your gun. If you do, your odds of being killed with your own gun are about 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many guys does it take to subdue one guy. If the cop felt the man was going for his weapon he should have backed up and drawn his weapon. Then let the other guys subdue him. Only if he felt he was or one of his partners was in danger should he have shot the guy. I could not see if the man actually did go for the cops gun, but "going for the cops holstered gun" seems like to easy of an excuse for unjustified shooting.
Also the guy at 2:18 looks like a mofo

That is all, let the hate begin

I originally did not realize the man had a grip on the black officers gun... I edited my original post

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
AWWWW Los Angeles
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
REDRUM
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OP, what kind of reaction were you expecting? It's a regular day in a 3RD World city in a 3RD World country formerly known as the United States of America.
View Quote

I have to agree with this:  Most homeless people are not the heart-of-gold types you see on the TV news.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
REDRUM
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

for those of you without computer speakers:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

for those of you without computer speakers:

bam! bam! bam!

MUTHAFUCKA! MUTHAFUCKA! MUTHAFUCKA! MUTHAFUCKA! MUTHAFUCKA!
Was that John Willis?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My hearing isn't the best but I am hearing "drop the ____".  It sounds like knife to me, but if others are hearing gun I'll defer to that.  

View Quote

In hand-to-hand combat, either one will justify deadly force.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
WTF?????

Thank goodness the cops all went home safe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yup, very distinctly and it looked like the taser wasn't having any effect. Sorta like with Rodney King, I wonder if he was on PCP too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can hear a Taser clicking right before the shots are fired.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yup, very distinctly and it looked like the taser wasn't having any effect. Sorta like with Rodney King, I wonder if he was on PCP too.
Or like most homeless wearing multiple layers of clothing.

Pretty shitty when a sweatshirt thats a size too big is an effective measure of armor against a taser.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pretty shitty when a sweatshirt thats a size too big is an effective measure of armor against a taser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably too close for the barbs to get a good spread.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you and Truth carpool?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obamas fault first and foremost

Guy was guilty of being homeless should of known he had no rights. Should of not pulled out that Heckler & Koch HK417 with Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-20x50 also he shouldn't have resisted and should of let them beat him within an inch of his life.

Guilty cops got rights too!

OMG my side hurts
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

At 0:17-0:21you can clearly see him get a good hold of the black peace officers gun.
View Quote
Thanks

Had to put it on full screen but I can see it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
In on 3.

Looks like a pretty clear shot of the suspects hand on the officers weapon. But if it was the same officer that cleared his weapon and did the shooting, it's going to be hard to call that justified.  I hope it was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
REDRUM
View Quote

Ssabmud
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OMG my side hurts
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy was guilty of being homeless should of known he had no rights. Should of not pulled out that Heckler & Koch HK417 with Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-20x50 also he shouldn't have resisted and should of let them beat him within an inch of his life.

OMG my side hurts

I CAN'T BREATHE...

Uhh...

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In on 3.

Looks like a pretty clear shot of the suspects hand on the officers weapon. But if it was the same officer that cleared his weapon and did the shooting, it's going to be hard to call that justified.  I hope it was a good shoot.
View Quote
Now I go watch it again...

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 3.

I think it was because you can hear later in the video a member of the crowd say that the black man shot him and that he was a traitor was something like that
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

In on 3.

View Quote
To me it appear another officer shot him. The black officer doesnt seem to have the posture or be facing the correct direction to have opened up on him.

I could be wrong and I usually am.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#24]
To protect and serve...

...crowd control at its finest...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look closely and you can see him trying to hit his leg with it contact style.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha, drive stun.  I've been trained on them but I never carry one.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ssabmud
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
REDRUM

Ssabmud

ynori
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Regardless of good shoot/bad shoot, I'm sure the homeless guy will vote Democrat in every election for the rest of what would have been his natural life and probably long after.
View Quote

So +1 for Rahm in Chicago
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look I learned a new phrase today!

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you and the rest of your shill friends ever bring anything worthwhile to this place? I see you and the rest of them in GD, dont ever post in the tech forums, 0 EE feedback and whine to the mods for special treatment. Hmmmm........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you and the rest of your shill friends ever bring anything worthwhile to this place? I see you and the rest of them in GD, dont ever post in the tech forums, 0 EE feedback and whine to the mods for special treatment. Hmmmm........

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL!  

Happy to be of service.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To me it appear another officer shot him. The black officer doesnt seem to have the posture or be facing the correct direction to have opened up on him.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 3.

You may be right but at 2:45 one of the guys in the crowd says the black man killed him, the same one whose gun was grabbed by the homeless man
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#33]
black on black crime?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a friend of Depidy_Dawgs. I've also been contributing in the tech forums for years (mostly handguns), I was making deals in the EE long before there was such a thing as EE feedback, I've been here long enough to remember the Range Report, sgtar15, underwater bumpfiring, and the Arfcom penis, and I've never asked any mod for special treatment. What exactly is YOUR problem, new guy?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I like that a homeless person had a phone to record all of this
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#36]
#bumsupdontshoot

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like that a homeless person had a phone to record all of this
View Quote

I don't think the people around the scene were all homeless.   But odds are in their favor, with it being L.A. and the demographics and the area and this is Arfcom and what not.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#38]

RACE WAR!!!

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Listen close for the loud clicking of the Taser, meaning they tried to tase him but it did not get good contact.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Witnesses at the scene identified the victim by his street name, "Africa”, and gave conflicting accounts of what they saw.

So?  Is this guy the Horne of Africa?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
At 0:17-0:21you can clearly see him get a good hold of the black peace officers gun.
View Quote

I couldn't clearly see anything.  I had to re-watch to hear someone  say something that sounded like "drop the gun".. I can't say that was a good shoot or a bad one based on that video.  First go around watching it it looked like they "executed" him, so I can imagine how the general public will view this.  They're not gonna go back and re-watch it listening for that like I did.  I doubt it anyway.   It ain't cold and rainy/icy in California.. I fully expect them to do some sorta fergusony shit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is the Corpse of Africa
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well, if he was going for the cops gun, the cops had to get it on.
View Quote

Agreed.  You try to take a cop's gun (or a CCW'er's gun); you deserve bullets in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Look I learned a new phrase today!
View Quote

He was probably attempting stapling with the taser. When the close distance means that probe spread will be poor, the taser user and shoot the probes and then "drive stun" with the active taser. When the taser touches another part of the body, the taser unit acts as another probe and increases the spread, thereby affecting more muscular structures.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I couldn't clearly see anything.  I had to re-watch to hear someone  say something that sounded like "drop the gun".. I can't say that was a good shoot or a bad one based on that video.  First go around watching it it looked like they "executed" him, so I can imagine how the general public will view this.  They're not gonna go back and re-watch it listening for that like I did.  I doubt it anyway.   It ain't cold and rainy/icy in California.. I fully expect them to do some sorta fergusony shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you cannot see him reach up and grab the cops gun you need those eyes checked.  The cop immediately reaches down and "traps" the guys hand, just like every cop in the country is taught to do if someone grabs your gun
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#46]
How about the kid that snatched up the night stick, was he trying to get in on the action or what? Looked like cuffs for him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How about the kid that snatched up the night stick, was he trying to get in on the action or what? Looked like cuffs for him.
View Quote

That's a girl.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

A black cop (haven't looked at the video yet, eating a Ma Danby special with enchilada sauce.)  Boy (pardon the expression) won't that conflict  Eric Holder?  What color was the dead guy under the grime?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you cannot see him reach up and grab the cops gun you need those eyes checked.  The cop immediately reaches down and "traps" the guys hand, just like every cop in the country is taught to do if someone grabs your gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freeze at 00:16 and you can clearly see him about to rip the gun out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn. Just came right into his home without a warrant and executed him

i'm only laughing because in my quick glance I read "dip" as "dick"
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top