Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:28:14 PM EDT
So I have been watching this years CPAC and it's coverage. Randa won the straw poll by 5%. People there chanted "President Paul" multiple times. I am not aware of that happening to any one but Paul. I think Rand hit a home run this year, I'd say  Cruz and Walker hit triples and Jeb and Christie struck the fuck out. The coverage barely mentions Paul's "win" or anything about him at CPAC, but can't stop talking about how good Walker did to come in second place and how he is the lead candidate. Walker and Cruz would get my vote but not over Paul.

So are both the Left and Right really that afraid of Paul?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Rand is pretty unlikely to win the nomination, with Jeb Bush as the clear front runner. That being said, I think Rand has already pretty well sold out to the neocons/establishment types. He has abandoned libertarianism to cozy up to the powerbrokers in the Republican party. The funny thing is that they still don't want him to be their nominee.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
im good with paul, cruz or walker.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course as he doesn't fit the republicrat demican mold
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I think people aren't afraid just tired, tired of the relentless frothing of the mouth paulbots whether it's the father or the son.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Conspuraseeeee!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Conspuraseeeee!
View Quote

Rand's mouth must be in on it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Rand hit a HR.  Walker got a triple.  Jeb and Cruz got stand up doubles.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
can rand win independents? prolly not
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
They're going to throw it all away with Bush.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Polls will be fixed to yield the party favorite; not the choice of the people.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think people aren't afraid just tired, tired of the relentless frothing of the mouth paulbots whether it's the father or the son.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]
They better not for one second consider Jeb. His immigration ideas suck and having another Bush ticket will insure a win for the commies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
can rand win independents? prolly not
View Quote

Rand is the best chance out of the entire bunch to pull independents. He is the only one that will poach from the Dem base. Democrats win on women and there are a LOT of women who say, " I sure do like that republican candidate but they say the dumbest things about women" or " I feel like I have to pick between my money and my vagina."

Winning women is the only way, who will do  better at that then Rand?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Walker is a great candidate, trying to argue otherwise isn't right.

Scott Walker's $370,000 Giveback to the Taxpayers of WI

For years, folks in southeastern Wisconsin have heard about Scott Walker, the Milwaukee County executive, giving up thousands upon thousands of dollars of his salary.  The returned money was part of a 2002 campaign promise to cut the job’s salary by $60,000 per year. Walker, the Republican candidate for governor, made the pledge in the wake of a scandal over lavish county pensions.

To get our tallies, we went first to the Walker gubernatorial campaign, which referred us to the county Department of Administrative Services. That office reports directly to Walker, so we also asked for figures from Milwaukee County Treasurer Dan Diliberti, a Democrat.  Both offices agreed on the figures.

Taking into account the partial year Walker served after being elected in 2002, and an odd number of pay periods in 2003 through 2005, Walker returned the equivalent of $60,000 per year from 2002 through 2007.  In 2008, which was covered partly by the $60,000 promise and mostly by the $10,000 promise, Walker returned $18,846. And in 2009 and so far in 2010, Walker not only returned the equivalent of $10,000 per year, but he’s also written checks to the county, for just under $500 each, for one furlough day in 2009 and six more furlough days in 2010.

The grand total?  Walker has foregone $375,070 in salary since being elected county executive in 2002 -- $5,070 more than what he has claimed during the gubernatorial campaign.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Walker is acceptable, Rand is ideal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#16]
How can he be marginalized seeing he was never a player in the Presidential election?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#17]
All of them sound the same and the only one that stands out in my opinion that seems true to his words is Dr. Ben Carson.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How can he be marginalized seeing he was never a player in the Presidential election?
View Quote

He will either need to be, or enjoy Hillary/Warren for 4 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Who is this "they" that is supposedly hell bent on selecting a candidate that ARFCOM doesn't want?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#20]
As much as I really like Rand Paul, I think the country will be REALLY wanting someone with executive experience
next go around. I will never marginalize Senator Paul, though.

And, I will say the more I hear about/from Governor Walker, the more he impresses me.

'Course, I thought Romney would win in a landslide, too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Run Jeb and I'm staying home.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
paubot jrs will got to polls and caucuses and stuff the ballots for rand paul

from this support and all the wins, he will go on to win the presidency
just like ron paul did.

like father, like son....

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

two solid years of this type of Republican support

I'm so ready
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
The best way for the Republicans to win the White House is to put up a strong, high quality woman for President.

Hilliary is going to get the Democratic nomination, and if she does will likely win the elections. Only way for the GOP to compete is to pull the rug out from under her and nominate a woman before Hilliary gets her nomination.

But, the Republican party doesn't have any strong female contenders; or women who are governors, senators or representatives. It doesn't help any that pretty much all conservatives, including their women, think that a woman's place is in the home and that politics is men's work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#25]
The powers that be recognize that Walker is going to be someone they can deal with and doesn't have the issues or baggage of the others.

What I can't stand about Walker is that he's a college drop-out. That to me means he's a quitter and I don't like that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The powers that be recognize that Walker is going to be someone they can deal with and doesn't have the issues or baggage of the others.

What I can't stand about Walker is that he's a college drop-out. That to me means he's a quitter and I don't like that.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
CPAC is overrun with Paulbots and he barely pulled it out. Wait for Iowa and New Hampshire to see who separates themselves from the field.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Polls will be fixed to yield the party favorite; not the choice of the people.
View Quote

This. The establishment will never let a guy like Cruz or Paul win the nomination. They will lie and cheat to make sure we have guys like Bush, McCain, Romney who will play ball (do what they are told).
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Didn't Bush win the no. 4 spot?  I don't think Christie was even in the top 100.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think Rand is pretty unlikely to win the nomination, with Jeb Bush as the clear front runner. That being said, I think Rand has already pretty well sold out to the neocons/establishment types. He has abandoned libertarianism to cozy up to the powerbrokers in the Republican party. The funny thing is that they still don't want him to be their nominee.
View Quote

Jeb has the money and connections, but I don't think anyone really wants him in there.

Rand is the popular choice, and has the best shot at winning the thing. He is enough of a departure from "traditional" GOP to capture the middle voters that are leery of Hillary.

But.. the Primaries is where this is going to shape up, and until the first 4-5 states vote, it's anyone's ballgame.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The powers that be!!

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

And Obama's got all kinds of degrees. How did that work out for us?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#33]
lol

CPAC 2015 Wrap Up: Three Observations from Day Three

by Charlie Spiering28 Feb 2015

1. The Straw Poll

Few were surprised when Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul won the straw poll,
as organized Paul supporters flooded the conference. Experienced CPAC
attendees sometimes refer to the CPAC straw poll as the "Paul Family
Poll.”
Paul’s win can’t be attributed entirely to supporter organization
— there are a lot of young people and college students here with more
libertarian views.

https://twitter.com/SenRandPaul/status/571796005416509441/photo/1

View Quote

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/28/cpac-2015-wrap-up-three-observations-from-day-three/

the paul family poll.....

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be one thing if he never went to college, but he did and then when he had one more year to go he drops out.

He quit something he had committed himself to and what does that say about a man?

I'll take Ted Cruz, JD or Rand Paul, MD any day over Walker, college drop out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The powers that be!!

http://cdn.thewire.com/media/old_wire/img/upload/2013/04/02/LizardMan/lead_large.jpg

The donor class not reptiles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It would be one thing if he never went to college, but he did and then when he had one more year to go he drops out.

He quit something he had committed himself to and what does that say about a man?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when a poster shows their ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Run Jeb and I'm staying home.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They're going to throw it all away with Bush.
View Quote

I fear this is going to be the case. I'm not ready for Hillary..
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rand hit a HR.  Walker got a triple.  Jeb and Cruz got stand up doubles.    
View Quote

The only reason Bush did as well as he did is because he bussed in people to pump-up the vote. They boarded the bus on fucking K street in DC of all places.

In case the K street reference went over your head:

K Street is a major thoroughfare in the United States capital of Washington, D.C. known as a center for numerous think tanks, lobbyists, and advocacy groups.

Otherwise known as "the road to riches".
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me let you in on a secret.......... it's already been decided and the presstitute controlled main stream media will make sure THIS is the 2016 election:

Another in a long string of "South Park" elections.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I want Cruz to be the chief .... and as soon as he's in make it a four term limit and dump the electoral college - IRS - EPA - ATFE - O care - make it Flat tax -  put FBHO and Holder in Guantanamo

How's that for a pipe dream
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#43]
There is not one candidate that is worth a shit in my book.  It is long past time to shitcan this whole slate and this corrupt system and start over.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

CPAC is overrun with Paulbots and he barely pulled it out. Wait for Iowa and New Hampshire to see who separates themselves from the field.
View Quote
Yep, this is just the first inning.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Walker is decent on policy but he's just another corrupt political shitbag.  I'd vote for him in a pinch but as a man I have no respect for him.

edit:  Though to be fair I probably see his corruption more than the other candidates because I follow my own governor a lot closer than politicians from other parts of the country.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's real retarded sir.

No, really, that's some stupid fucking shit you just said right there.

He dropped out of college and became governor of an entire state.  For that I like him more than had he gone the other route because he's smart enough to realize that college is not the final goal, college is just one of many roads you can take to achieve your life goal, unlike many people.

I 'quit' college to enlist in the Marines.  Who gives a fuck about college?  If you want to go and feel it will benefit your future then go.  If you have other plans then do those.  You can't argue with results(even though you are).
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I turned on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace this morning.  In the intro, Wallace said that he had a sit down interview with CPAC's big winner.  I said to myself, "cool, a Rand Paul interview".  In Wallace's next breath, he said the interview was with Scott Walker.  I literally had to double check the CPAC poll results to make sure Rand Paul won.  The establishment definitely downplays Rand Paul.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I turned on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace this morning.  In the intro, Wallace said that he had a sit down interview with CPAC's big winner.  I said to myself, "cool, a Rand Paul interview".  In Wallace's next breath, he said the interview was with Scott Walker.  I literally had to double check the CPAC poll results to make sure Rand Paul won.  The establishment definitely downplays Rand Paul.
View Quote

It's a conspiracy of course.  Or... OR Rand Paul still won but got 5% less of the vote than he did last year and Walker went from 5th place last year to 2nd place this year barely losing to Paul.  Just a suggestion as to why Walker might be more newsworthy at the moment.  Or it's a conspiracy of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#50]
It's not a conspiracy at all: the establishment (here and on FNC) does not like Rand Paul.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top