BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Watch out!  . MillerSHO is going to blow a gasket, and accuse you of all kinds of unrelated stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Washing a vehicle is for chumps.  Nature does it for me

http://i.imgur.com/fpxCOPW.png

Watch out!  . MillerSHO is going to blow a gasket, and accuse you of all kinds of unrelated stuff.

I was done, but since you stoked the fire:

Do what you like to your POS.
Just dont cry when someone thinks your a slob or you dont get high blue book when its time to sell with your hologramed out clear coat.

Besides, you REALLY think a persons neglect can be so specific? Your interior is perfect, under thr hood is perfect but you havent washed it in 10 years. RIGHT.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The undercarriage of my truck gets washed after every trip to the river, the body not so much. Like you,my vehicle was purchased for the purpose of getting me where I want to go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
DK - sorry if this has been mentioned, but what about a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland? We have one as a third car and it's been good, more reliable than my BMWs

Fantastic looking interiors and nice exterior design. We got the Baseball stitch leather.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just dont cry when someone thinks your a slob or you dont get high blue book when its time to sell with your hologramed out clear coat.

Besides, you REALLY think a persons neglect can be so specific? Your interior is perfect, under thr hood is perfect but you havent washed it in 10 years. RIGHT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i never understood you getting so emotional - you use to be pretty mentality stable and cool.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]

You're strange, you bring it back up again and then you spend a bunch of time writing a novel about my response to your response.

In the time youve argued with just me on your thread your minivan could have been washed.

Thats fine you dont care about what other think, theres other reasons to take more care of your vehicles apperance.
For example at times cops look at the condition of vehicles when they make a quick decision to pull someone over for going 10 over or not stopping 100% at a stop sign etc.
If you have a POS you are more likely to be targeted.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i never understood you getting so emotional - you use to be pretty mentality stable and cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol wut?
Very stable my friend, sorry if Im not on the manly bandwagon of beating on my cars/trucks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Lol wut?

Very stable my friend, sorry if Im not on the manly bandwagon of beating on my cars/trucks.
View Quote

You're anything but stable.  You've completely flipped your shit over somebody not washing his car.

FWIW, I wash my current Jeep all the time, and I do it by hand so the drive-through machines don't fuck it up.  I guess the difference is that I see it as a preference, and not some kind of fundamental character trait or cause for moral superiority.  If you're basing your self-worth on car wash frequency, you've got problems.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys, even the laziest people wash their cars once a year, never washing it in 8 is absolutely crazy talk.
You will never convince me otherwise, even under the gise of claiming Im trying to morally one up him through a man made object. Nice try though.

Sorry, you dudes are the weird ones not me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Audi Q5 quatro.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#11]

thats the most hetero looking white golf cabrio I have ever seen.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you really use the third row or all the space? A modest step down in size can get you a good step up in agility...

Subaru has a much better AWD system than Honda, and the Forester is surprisingly maneuverable. The turbocharged XT model does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds, too...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Dark grey is also known as gunmetal. You already knew your choice DK.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hellcat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I rarely use the 3rd row - but I do use the space all the time.  

I like being able to put a 9 foot Christmas tree INSIDE the car, when the back seats are folded down and without having to move the front seats forward.  

Also, at Cola Warrior I sleep in the back - on a twin mattress that fits perfectly, also without having to move the front seats forward.

That said, I am not knocking the Forrester.  That's a great car, and I almost bought one years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you really use the third row or all the space? A modest step down in size can get you a good step up in agility...

Subaru has a much better AWD system than Honda, and the Forester is surprisingly maneuverable. The turbocharged XT model does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds, too...

I rarely use the 3rd row - but I do use the space all the time.  

I like being able to put a 9 foot Christmas tree INSIDE the car, when the back seats are folded down and without having to move the front seats forward.  

Also, at Cola Warrior I sleep in the back - on a twin mattress that fits perfectly, also without having to move the front seats forward.

That said, I am not knocking the Forrester.  That's a great car, and I almost bought one years ago.

How much parking space do you have?

For your DD, get something you find yourself wanting. I'm not too sure what your tastes are. Maybe it's a hot hatch or a BMW 3 series, or if you're a real glutton for punishment, an Audi of some flavor.

Then get you one of these:

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I almost want to start a new thread with poll, to find out if I really am that weird - or if lots of other people also never wash their car.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry guys, even the laziest people wash their cars once a year, never washing it in 8 is absolutely crazy talk.
You will never convince me otherwise, even under the gise of claiming Im trying to morally one up him through a man made object. Nice try though.

I almost want to start a new thread with poll, to find out if I really am that weird - or if lots of other people also never wash their car.

Do it, I bet on this website you'll get a bunch of dudes that dont care to wash their trucks.

What does your wife say about your ride being so dirty is what I really want to know.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I maintain my vehicles well.

Cleaning them is another story. The only times I absolutely get them washed is when I've been driving in salt or when I'm going on a date. Otherwise, it's a losing battle, and it's almost pointless. My DD is dark blue. It looks great for the first few minutes after I wash it, but that's long gone after 24 hours. Most of the time, you can't tell if it's been 5 days or 5 months since it's been washed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd go with Grey Matallic personally but any shade of grey/silver is best IMO.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you factor in the cost of washing and waxing a car for 10 years (including your time) vs not, you probably will come out ahead not washing the car.  I have a company car that generally only gets washed when it rains.  It is a lease that gets turned in at 75k miles or 5 years, whichever comes first. It is currently covered in salt.

ETA
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You're strange, you bring it back up again and then you spend a bunch of time writing a novel about my response to your response.

In the time youve argued with just me on your thread your minivan could have been washed.

Thats fine you dont care about what other think, theres other reasons to take more care of your vehicles apperance.
For example at times cops look at the condition of vehicles when they make a quick decision to pull someone over for going 10 over or not stopping 100% at a stop sign etc.
If you have a POS you are more likely to be targeted.
View Quote

O really?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I am a regular lurker on this - i do enjoy detailing when the weather is nice. it's the arfcom of the car detailing world, spend too much money

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll probably be buying a new car in a month or two (partly because my wife wants to give my old car to her sister as a lesbian wedding present ), and I'm having a hard time deciding.

Poll coming.
View Quote

Black is best color of those 3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A good friend of mine has a Highlander (2013 I think).  I don't like it.

I love the boxy look of the Pilot, so I have to get a new one before the ugly 2016 models hit the showrooms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll probably be buying a new car in a month or two (partly because my wife wants to give my old car to her sister as a lesbian wedding present ), and I'm having a hard time deciding.

Poll coming.

Drop the Pilot infatuation and get a Highlander.  Best vehicle in its class at the present time.

A good friend of mine has a Highlander (2013 I think).  I don't like it.

I love the boxy look of the Pilot, so I have to get a new one before the ugly 2016 models hit the showrooms.

It really is just the more manly look, isn't it?

The new one should be more efficient while essentially maintaining the same capabilities.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1717290_The_2016_Honda_Pilot.html&page=1
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Cant help you ... have never owned a Honda and honestly don't know much about them.

Are they still made with interference type engines / timing belt issues ?

Must be OK vehicles as I see a shit ton of them on the roads.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Camaro Z-28  Hot red
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Goose Metallic

Is the giving of used cars as wedding gifts now considered a time-honored lesbian wedding tradition?

I gave no used car at the last one I attended.  The marriage didn't last a month.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Since you love the Pilot's boxy look, might I suggest a 4Runner? Slightly worse mileage, but it's a much more capable vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Site Staff gifting cars?  Woohoo!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Grey and silver cars are for people with no taste who actively try to make the world a duller place. Black is somewhat better.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Saab don't exist any more.  

My second-favorite car (daily driver) EVER was a Volvo station wagon.  Loved it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saab.  Or Volvo.  

My second-favorite car (daily driver) EVER was a Volvo station wagon.  Loved it.

Volvo 240 series (in brown) is the best car ever made.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In any color!!  I agree - an absolutely amazing and iconic car.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saab.  Or Volvo.  

Please go find one in unusually good shape, buy it, and drive it every day.

No, seriously, please go do that.

You can breathe new life into a neat old car while simultaneously becoming a full-scale stereotype.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't want a truck, and I don't want a "hard" SUV.  

I want a big floppy comfortable giant station wagon that is tall and easy to get in and out of, and that has 4w for the snow on my steep driveway, and for the FEMA swamp in Liberty, Mississippi.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need spellcheck, I've already seen  Toyota, 4runner, and tacoma misspelled in your poll.

I don't want a truck, and I don't want a "hard" SUV.  

I want a big floppy comfortable giant station wagon that is tall and easy to get in and out of, and that has 4w for the snow on my steep driveway, and for the FEMA swamp in Liberty, Mississippi.  

Subaru Outback.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's not a bad idea.

I don't really care about the mileage, but I don't really NEED much capability beyond the 4WD of the Pilot.  I realize the 4runner is better in that sense, and is more of truck (as opposed to the enlarged station wagon that the Pilot is), but the ONLY "capability" I need is to get up my driveway in the winter, and to not get stuck at Cola Warrior - and the Pilot's 4WD has been able to do both of those things superbly well.

So I am not sure I want the harsher ride, and less interior comfort (and space, I think) of the 4runner - since the trade-off of off-road capability is not something I really need.

Essentially, I just need a big tall station wagon with some limited 4wd capability - but that's otherwise spacious and comfortable, in addition to being reliable.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you love the Pilot's boxy look, might I suggest a 4Runner? Slightly worse mileage, but it's a much more capable vehicle.

It's not a bad idea.

I don't really care about the mileage, but I don't really NEED much capability beyond the 4WD of the Pilot.  I realize the 4runner is better in that sense, and is more of truck (as opposed to the enlarged station wagon that the Pilot is), but the ONLY "capability" I need is to get up my driveway in the winter, and to not get stuck at Cola Warrior - and the Pilot's 4WD has been able to do both of those things superbly well.

So I am not sure I want the harsher ride, and less interior comfort (and space, I think) of the 4runner - since the trade-off of off-road capability is not something I really need.

Essentially, I just need a big tall station wagon with some limited 4wd capability - but that's otherwise spacious and comfortable, in addition to being reliable.  

A minivan with snow tires would meet your requirements.  Might I suggest talking with Toiyabe for a more interesting option?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You can breathe new life into a neat old car while simultaneously becoming a full-scale stereotype.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saab.  Or Volvo.  

I believe the 740 had a turbo option.   or perhaps
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I vote black.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

4runner

ETA: The factory suspension gives a very plush ride. I'm actually looking forward to firming mine up with some higher rate springs.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top