User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2015 Range Rover Supercharged.
View Quote

<~~~~~~ has a 2011 Range Rover sport supercharged.
Best decision evAr :)

(Will upgrade to the 2015 at some point)
ETA: and yes I still have my jeep, duh
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, but I have had a sliver metallic for the last 10 years almost, so I kinda think black would be a nice change.  

Honestly, I am leaning towards the black.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long is it going to go between washes? Be honest.

God washes it every time it rains.  

Okay, black is right out.

Given this, I think I'd go with the Grey Metallic.

Yeah, but I have had a sliver metallic for the last 10 years almost, so I kinda think black would be a nice change.  

Honestly, I am leaning towards the black.

Black sucks!  I've owned black, and I don't plan to own another one.  

At least get Blue,  or something not boring like Silver/black/white...
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Honda pilot, white with punisher skull painted (by hand) on hood
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw a new pilot on an online ad, and to be honest, thought it looked butt ugly. A lot of the newer SUV's look like they lost any sort of balls they ever once had and now all look like soccer mom cars
View Quote

The pilot was never an SUV. It's always been a square minivan, since it's wrong wheel drive like all other Hondas.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the Pilot for your lesbian wedding?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#9]
2015 Honda Pilot 4wd in GREY METALLIC
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I fell asleep after reading the first choice
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Only way I can afford one of those is on GTA:V - and then, just barely.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't think I've ever seen a car that looks more like a shoe.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]
2015 Outback Limited. sweet sweet ride for the price

They come in OD green and Flat Dark Earth

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't feel bad, I can't afford one either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only way I can afford one of those is on GTA:V - and then, just barely.  

Don't feel bad, I can't afford one either.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

4runner
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Minivans are fucking awesome.  I don't understand why so many people don't like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw a new pilot on an online ad, and to be honest, thought it looked butt ugly. A lot of the newer SUV's look like they lost any sort of balls they ever once had and now all look like soccer mom cars

The pilot was never an SUV. It's always been a square minivan, since it's wrong wheel drive like all other Hondas.

Minivans are fucking awesome.  I don't understand why so many people don't like them.

True. I drive one.

Not cool at all. But that's ok.

Kinda gray man, imo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Looked at the used Pilots , but went with Toyota.

Black is nice looking , but the grey hides the dirt.

Potato pic

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sorry but that is a lot of money to spend on such an ugly car, seriously!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I recall correctly the wife has a Porsche. Now please do not tell me that the P car is going to be a wedding gift, leaving you with picking a Honda.

Good lord, no!  We just got the Panamera.

They'll be getting my 2005 Honda Pilot.  

Sorry but that is a lot of money to spend on such an ugly car, seriously!

the newer model, especially the turbo isn't bad - one of my docs got one, but he keeps the spoiler deployed all the time as it makes it a little better looking.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Black is a very hard color to keep clean. Gets hotter than hell when left in sun.
View Quote

Keeping black clean is only the half of it, you have to know how to take care of paint like a pro to keep swirls out of it.
Most peoples paint is fucked, the color itself hides the true condition unless the sun hits it just right.

Black will expose how shitty its been maintained at all times, not just when thr sun hits it a certain way.

Honda pilots are basically minivans, thats weak.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#29]

I am not sure I have EVER washed my current car.  . For sure I know I haven't washed it in 8 years.  

But I think that's okay, because it just means that I truly don't care - so the black looking dirty won't faze me.  
View Quote

Are you serious?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I think light silver looks the best in person when you see them on the lot.  I love black, but only on muscle cars and sedans(anything else im not putting the work into keeping them look swirl mark free).  The light silver will be the easiest to keep clean and hide the dirt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah.

It's a car.  It's designed to get me from place to place, not impress people with a shiny paint job.  Plus, it's a Honda - essentially just a big box.  It's not like it's some cool-looking car, and when I buy it, I know I am eventually going to replace it, so why would I care whether it looks clean?  

I do occasionally wash and wax my classic mustang - because it's a great looking car, and I plan on keeping it forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not sure I have EVER washed my current car.  . For sure I know I haven't washed it in 8 years.  

But I think that's okay, because it just means that I truly don't care - so the black looking dirty won't faze me.  

Are you serious?

Yeah.

It's a car.  It's designed to get me from place to place, not impress people with a shiny paint job.  Plus, it's a Honda - essentially just a big box.  It's not like it's some cool-looking car, and when I buy it, I know I am eventually going to replace it, so why would I care whether it looks clean?  

I do occasionally wash and wax my classic mustang - because it's a great looking car, and I plan on keeping it forever.

So you are serious?
You cant be bothered to keep your generally 2nd most expensive purchase in your life clean?
I assume this behavior translates to other things like fluid changes, fixing warn items on the vehicle, etc etc.

Hopefully the Honda name will insulate the next owner from your neglect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#34]
hopefully the new pilot is better than the new mdx. we have had a ton of problems with the 14 and 15. they moved the plant from canada to alabama in 2014. we have never had so many assembly problems before. also we had a few recalls and quite a few service bulletins.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#35]
No brodozer, no care.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#36]
This blue one looks nice.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#37]
2015 Mustang.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Look at the MB GLK350. Seriously. It's in your size range, comfortable, holds value fairly well, and doesn't have that Asian "bland luxury" feel to it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

lol

Your assumption is bizarre, and completely inconsistent with what I wrote.  

The fact that I don't care about how clean the car looks doesn't in way way imply that I would "neglect" the car in any other way.  Since the PURPOSE of the car for me is to get me from place to place (and I generally keep cars for 10 years), obviously I care about preventive maintenance.  I change the oil myself, and take it in for all other scheduled maintenance.  

Also, if you had paid attention to the original post, the "next owner" is FAMILY (my sister-in-law) so we're going to have a mechanic go through the whole car, replace the major belts, transmission fluid, check everything, and probably replace the water and fuel pump just to be safe.  

Why is it hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that I just don't care about the appearance of my car.  That's odd.

ETA:  FYI, I keep the interior very clean and organized.  For a car that is almost 10 years old, the interior looks perfect and almost new.  I am pretty anal-retentive about the interior,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

Yeah.

So you are serious?
You cant be bothered to keep your generally 2nd most expensive purchase in your life clean?
I assume this behavior translates to other things like fluid changes, fixing warn items on the vehicle, etc etc.

Hopefully the Honda name will insulate the next owner from your neglect.

lol

Your assumption is bizarre, and completely inconsistent with what I wrote.  

The fact that I don't care about how clean the car looks doesn't in way way imply that I would "neglect" the car in any other way.  Since the PURPOSE of the car for me is to get me from place to place (and I generally keep cars for 10 years), obviously I care about preventive maintenance.  I change the oil myself, and take it in for all other scheduled maintenance.  

Also, if you had paid attention to the original post, the "next owner" is FAMILY (my sister-in-law) so we're going to have a mechanic go through the whole car, replace the major belts, transmission fluid, check everything, and probably replace the water and fuel pump just to be safe.  

Why is it hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that I just don't care about the appearance of my car.  That's odd.

ETA:  FYI, I keep the interior very clean and organized.  For a car that is almost 10 years old, the interior looks perfect and almost new.  I am pretty anal-retentive about the interior,

Im sure you will be championed on this website for your rebelous car cleanig habits.
Manly men dont wash their vehicles, aint got no time fo that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Drop the Pilot infatuation and get a Highlander.  Best vehicle in its class at the present time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll probably be buying a new car in a month or two (partly because my wife wants to give my old car to her sister as a lesbian wedding present ), and I'm having a hard time deciding.

Poll coming.

Drop the Pilot infatuation and get a Highlander.  Best vehicle in its class at the present time.

Took the words out of my mouth. Don't buy a Pilot until you drive a Highlander. I would recommend one that is 1YO. Either one, get a fat warranty especially the Pilot.  I would take a Highlander first then a Tahoe...wouldn't even consider a Range Rover or X5 garbage and I love them both to ride in or drive but never to own....my pockets aren't that deep for repairs.

But the OP said Pilot, I still stand behind trying the Highlander first.

Why did the OP chose the Pilot...just curious.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#42]

the newer model, especially the turbo isn't bad - one of my docs got one, but he keeps the spoiler deployed all the time as it makes it a little better looking.
View Quote

If you say so.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I REALLY like the interior design of the Honda, but primarily I like the reliability of it.  Since I'm keeping it for 10 years, I am just not convinced that the M-B will be as reliable.  I know their quality has gotten better, but I still don't think it would be as reliable.

Plus, I believe a similarly equipped GLK350 is also quite a bit more expensive than the Pilot, and I am pretty cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the MB GLK350. Seriously. It's in your size range, comfortable, holds value fairly well, and doesn't have that Asian "bland luxury" feel to it.

I REALLY like the interior design of the Honda, but primarily I like the reliability of it.  Since I'm keeping it for 10 years, I am just not convinced that the M-B will be as reliable.  I know their quality has gotten better, but I still don't think it would be as reliable.

Plus, I believe a similarly equipped GLK350 is also quite a bit more expensive than the Pilot, and I am pretty cheap.
The one in the family has been solid through over 100k so far, but I understand where you are coming from. I run away screaming from anything involving the words BMW and turbo. With the MB you just budget around $1500 a year to go into a maintenance budget and the car lasts forever. Not as bad as a P car with over 60k, but they do not have much tolerance for lack of preventative maintenance.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Washing a vehicle is for chumps.  Nature does it for me

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#49]
pics of lesbians doing lesbian stuff
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#50]
No Tahoe or Yukon or escapade???

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top