Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2015 3:41:19 PM EDT
1 inch of snow so far, maybe 2-4 total forecasted. What the mother fucking fuck is wrong with you people? This is a mother fucking dusting of snow! Man the fuck up and stop prancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots! You're not going to fucking die if you go about life like normal in this you fucking pussies!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I got stuck in Vegas for an extra day last year this same weekend because of a similar snow "event".

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be out there doing donuts in the street if any of this shit actually sticks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll be out there doing donuts in the street if any of this shit actually sticks.
View Quote
Wish I had my car. I'd be doing some e braking in it

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
As James McMurtry wrote There ain't nothin worse than a Texan on ice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm from Kansas City. And I agree with you.

ATL drivers are worst drivers though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah, but eventually it will be spring... and Boston will still be Boston.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The horror. Everyone stay in your homes. Shelter in place.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm from Kansas City
. And I agree with you.

ATL drivers are worst drivers though.
View Quote
No offense to you

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/t/txwu/5.jpg
View Quote

Looks like a beach community.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/t/txwu/5.jpg
View Quote

That's about what it looks like here except more brown looking ground
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I dunno...  I took my kids to TN to see snow a couple of weeks ago. One can take for granted that literally not everybody knows how to handle themselves walking on snow, let alone dress, let alone drive...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Bostonians SUCK at King of the Mountain.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
1 inch of snow so far, maybe 2-4 total forecasted. What the mother fucking fuck is wrong with you people? This is a mother fucking dusting of snow! Man the fuck up and stop prancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots! You're not going to fucking die if you go about life like normal in this you fucking pussies!
View Quote

Exactly why I live in SOUTH Texas
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Buffalo

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Should get a bunch of window licking FSA democrat voters and tell them there is gold in the middle of it and give them a garden trowel
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yup! No snow here. It is a bit chilly though.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Atlantans were abandoning their cars on the highway and they got something absurd like 4 inches of snow.

Somehow during that same event they also managed to get cars burning.

ARFCOM took on about the funniest failtastic arguments from Southerners telling those of us from Minnesota (Known winter capitol of the continental United States) that ice in the South has a negative friction coefficient and the reason that they have those issues is because the highway is bigger. The real answer: They plain out don't know how to drive in inclement weather. It's understandable considering that they never have to drive in anything but optimal conditions.

When we get 10 inches of snow and it's 20 below zero, we put on our big boy testicles, shovel out our cars and GO TO WORK! It's like 9 degrees out here right now, windchill is a balmy -9, I'm sitting on the flightline using my laptop. I might go ahead and take this jacket off because I'm starting to sweat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Took the train today.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I ain't skeered of snow.

I'm terrified of other Texas drivers in snow though

I'm hiding in my house for the next couple of days. Every year I take a drive on fresh ice to keep my skills up and to giggle at the idiots... that was a few days ago though, I'm good now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Atlantans were abandoning their cars on the highway and they got something absurd like 4 inches of snow.

ARFCOM took on about the funniest failtastic arguments from Southerners telling those of us from Minnesota (Known winter capital of the continental United States) that ice in the South has a negative friction coefficient and the reason that they have those issues is because the highway is bigger. The real answer: They plain out don't know how to drive in inclement weather. It's understandable considering that they never have to drive in anything but optimal conditions.

When we get 10 inches of snow and it's 20 below zero, we put on our big boy testicles, shovel out our cars and GO TO WORK! It's like 9 degrees out here right now, windchill is a balmy -9, I'm sitting on the flightline using my laptop. I might go ahead and take this jacket off because I'm starting to sweat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM took on about the funniest failtastic arguments from Southerners telling those of us from Minnesota (Known winter capital of the continental United States) that ice in the South has a negative friction coefficient and the reason that they have those issues is because the highway is bigger. The real answer: They plain out don't know how to drive in inclement weather. It's understandable considering that they never have to drive in anything but optimal conditions.

Snow is much easier to drive on than ice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh, not going out fucking around the two or three days of the year that it snows doesn't affect me one way or another.

Nobody's holding you back there.chief get out there in it.

But don't come around here with your pussy all puffed up when some fucker with a z on the end of his name and no insurance runs over your ass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have both.

There's a dusting of snow on top of the ice.

Which is on top of snow.

On top of ice.

And the clear roads are even more dangerous because when it gets cold the exhaust of cars freezes onto the roads but you can't see it and it is slicker than Teflon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

ARFCOM took on about the funniest failtastic arguments from Southerners telling those of us from Minnesota (Known winter capitol of the continental United States) that ice in the South has a negative friction coefficient and the reason that they have those issues is because the highway is bigger. The real answer: They plain out don't know how to drive in inclement weather. It's understandable considering that they never have to drive in anything but optimal conditions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed sir
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't blame texans.

I'd just stay inside.

The ice is bad, but the worst part is the lack of seasonal driver experience mixed with the type of road surface, lack of removal and deicing equipment, flat lands (more ice due to winds), and lack of proper equipped vehicles (no reason to have winter or all season tires there).
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Snow = fun

In all honesty though, ice is the freaking worst

On Jan 18 an ice storm hit up here in NJ. A few members posted news videos of what it looked like, worst driving experience ever
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Just hurry up and leave
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Are you back at school?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#35]
My sister lives in the DFW and she is loving it; granted, is probably her first time (moved recently from Puerto Rico)  seeing snow and ice. Me? I live in AZ, so I am still waiting to see snow down here like I did back in 2012.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
There's probably only 1 snowplow in the entire state.  That's kind of an issue.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Snow = fun

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/korziker/photo_zps820ad0c8.jpg

In all honesty though, ice is the freaking worst

On Jan 18 an ice storm hit up here in NJ. A few members posted news videos of what it looked like, worst driving experience ever
View Quote

Now that's a snowstorm!

No ice this time. Just piddly flurries really. Everyone is in panic mode
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Just hurry up and leave
View Quote

No. I like it here other than that
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#39]
It's like Disneys Trucks on Ice down here right now.

Fucking clown shoes in their 2wd trucks getting their dumbasses stuck on flat pavement everywhere.

Can't wait for it to melt so I don't have to go 10mph behind a long ass line of retards.

FML
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Snow....lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

We have both.

Which is on top of snow.

On top of ice.

And the clear roads are even more dangerous because when it gets cold the exhaust of cars freezes onto the roads but you can't see it and it is slicker than Teflon.
View Quote

I've lived in both states, plus Nebraska.  The ice storm we got on Monday is worse that what the north typically gets because it is warm enough to create a solid sheet of ice.  You get those once in a blue moon in MN or NE, but usually the refrozed stuff is at least chunky and uneven for some traction, not the smooth glace ice of a good southern ice storm.   The stuff we're getting today in DFW, however, is not that bad, just crappy drivers - which is why I took the train.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Shit, that's the way it normally looks.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet that snowplow was some auction surplus special that they used to move dirt or mud from the roads from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Just flew into Dallas, traffic is bad but we are making it
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've lived in both states, plus Nebraska.  The ice storm we got on Monday is worse that what the north typically gets because it is warm enough to create a solid sheet of ice.  You get those once in a blue moon in MN or NE, but usually the refrozed stuff is at least chunky and uneven for some traction, not the smooth glace ice of a good southern ice storm.   The stuff we're getting today in DFW, however, is not that bad, just crappy drivers - which is why I took the train.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have both.

Which is on top of snow.

On top of ice.

We've gotten three of those in the last couple months.

Blue moons are easy to come by it seems.

Right now, it's just fucking cold. I wish it would warm up and melt that shit off before hitting the deepfreeze again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#46]
meanwhile in Florida....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have both.

Which is on top of snow.

On top of ice.

The ice storm was shitty. This really isn't that bad.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#48]
People from up north have little concept of what it's like to drive in weather that hovers right around 32*.  When it snows here, and recently it's been well below freezing, the snow packs and driving on it is not much different from driving on sand.

Here, we don't bother to wait to see if it snows.  We will close schools the day before a storm is expected, just based on the weather reports.  Last week, they closed schools because it was cold ... in winter.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

We don't spend money on snow removal equipment like y'all Yankees....but then we don't pay all those high taxes y'all pay either.

I wish y'all libtard yankee fucks would quit coming down here in packs to cash in on the Texas economy we've built. We'll try to get along without your condescending thumb-sucking liberal gun grabbing horseshit ways. I'd wager we can manage.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good thing you are in Africa then
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top