Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:06:39 PM EDT
OK, can Poland hold out on its own for six weeks vs. the Russians (assume Ukraine is Russia-affiliated for this purpose)?

Assuming NATO actually honors Article 5 and does something, can NATO stop the Russians in Poland with the existing NATO forces in Europe and two heavy brigades from the United States added to the mix (arriving at the end of the above six week period)?

(Conventional Forces Only)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Six weeks is a long time of the Russians are going all out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Does Poland get NATO air support during those six weeks?

ETA: Are we providing them intelligence and maybe launching TLAMs at the invading Bear, or is it really Poland, isolated and alone, against the Russians?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Six weeks with no assistance?  Hell no.  There might be some localized hold outs but the Polish military would be demolished.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: Are we providing them intelligence and maybe launching TLAMs at the invading Bear, or is it really Poland, isolated and alone, against the Russians?
View Quote

It is Poland by itself, nobody else, for the first six weeks.  No other support except for the lame kind of support we gave our other supposed allies when the Bear decided to make a snack of them (i.e. intel support, "humanitarian" aid, sanctions, etc.).  At the end of the six weeks, it is every member of NATO and whatever NATO forces are presently located anywhere in Europe plus two U.S. heavy brigades. Air, Sea, Land, - the whole shebang.  Conventional forces only though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK, can Poland hold out on its own for six weeks vs. the Russians (assume Ukraine is Russia-affiliated for this purpose)?

Assuming NATO actually honors Article 5 and does something, can NATO stop the Russians in Poland with the existing NATO forces in Europe and two heavy brigades from the United States added to the mix (arriving at the end of the above six week period)?
View Quote

I kind of wonder if that might cause them to attempt their "nuclear de-escalation" theory.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Poland has what is probably the most professional, well-funded, and well-trained military in the EU besides the UK today. I would say yes, they would put a serious hurt on Russia. The Polish people and their military remember the Warsaw years and have no intention of going back.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
You could ask Finland - but their memories are fading.

A better country to ask would be Georgia or Ukraine.

But consider this:  the Polish actually fought well against the Germans in WWII, but, as the world saw: the Wehrmacht out-gunned, out-manned, out-trained, and out-manuevered almost every army on earth.  The Polish defeat was inevitable.

Today, the Polish army is extremely motivated to fight against another invasion.  Would drunken Russian conscripts fight as hard as Poles defending their homeland?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]
They might now win but the Poles would give them one hell of a bloodbath before they went down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is Poland by itself, nobody else, for the first six weeks.  No other support except for the lame kind of support we gave our other supposed allies when the Bear decided to make a snack of them (i.e. intel support, "humanitarian" aid, sanctions, etc.).  At the end of the six weeks, it is every member of NATO and whatever NATO forces are presently located anywhere in Europe plus two U.S. heavy brigades. Air, Sea, Land, - the whole shebang.  Conventional forces only though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poland probably gets it's ass kicked, but does it really matter if on Week 5 the Russians are sipping lattes (or more likely drinking vodka) in Warsaw if two weeks later they're all dead?

Poland would put up a fearsome fight, probably lose, and then the rest of NATO would come in and stomp a new mudhole in Russia, probably to the point that they'd try to nuke us, and we'd nuke them, and they'd nuke us. It'd be a mess if Russia invaded Poland. It'll probably be a mess if Russia tries to invade the Baltic states.

Georgia and Ukraine aren't NATO allies. We'd provide much more aid to Poland facing a full-fledged Russian invasion than we ever will with Ukraine fighting "separatists". If Poland gets invaded, I suspect we'd have some B-2's headed that direction within a day or two.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Obama has Poland's back.  Right?          
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thread needs NATO to add a poll?

TRG
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
With a quick wiki, only 120k active troops, 80 modern combat aircraft, and no modern attack helos.

Not to mention, the capital is only about 125km from the border.

I hope they have a ton of SAMs, MANPADS, and ATGM's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
NATO is worthless.  Just an excuse for member nations to cut their defense programs to pay for socialized shit.  If Russia invades, the US will save us.  Good luck with that...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#14]
What about civilian support? There are a lot of individuals of Polish descent in the US who could be counted to join volunteer battalions, as well as individuals who would see fighting a Russian incursion into a NATO country (especially if Article V was invoked) as a way of promoting American interests... also a lot of people Hate the Russians and might sign up for that reason.

Another interesting fact, Poland is standing up an arms factory in Texas, and one of the stated reasons is so that they can continue producing armaments if the factories in Poland are overrun.

Poland would be in it for the long haul, partisan groups would be extensive (Remember Poland had the 5th highest contribution to the Allied War Effort in WWII despite being occupied for nearly the entire war), if need be heavy forces could regroup in Germany or other NATO countries.

There is no way Poland falls under Russian dominion again, Russia does not have enough overmatch to do it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#15]
How well Russia could achieve strategic/tactical surprise would matter a great deal.  If Polish armed forces had a little time to mobilize, they'd kill a shitload of Russians, win or lose.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think NATO will take six weeks to react.
It may take that long to get heavy ground units involved but I think NATO air forces will keep the Russians at bay.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What about civilian support? There are a lot of individuals of Polish descent in the US who could be counted to join volunteer battalions, as well as individuals who would see fighting a Russian incursion into a NATO country (especially if Article V was invoked) as a way of promoting American interests... also a lot of people Hate the Russians and might sign up for that reason.

Another interesting fact, Poland is standing up an arms factory in Texas, and one of the stated reasons is so that they can continue producing armaments if the factories in Poland are overrun.

Poland would be in it for the long haul, partisan groups would be extensive (Remember Poland had the 5th highest contribution to the Allied War Effort in WWII despite being occupied for nearly the entire war), if need be heavy forces could regroup in Germany or other NATO countries.

There is no way Poland falls under Russian dominion again, Russia does not have enough overmatch to do it.
View Quote

I agree - IF the Russian intent was to take & hold Poland.  The Poles would not stand for it again.

But Poland's problem has always been that someone needs to go THROUGH Poland on the way to fight someplace else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Poland probably gets it's ass kicked, but does it really matter if on Week 5 the Russians are sipping lattes (or more likely drinking vodka) in Warsaw if two weeks later they're all dead?

Poland would put up a fearsome fight, probably lose, and then the rest of NATO would come in and stomp a new mudhole in Russia, probably to the point that they'd try to nuke us, and we'd nuke them, and they'd nuke us. It'd be a mess if Russia invaded Poland. It'll probably be a mess if Russia tries to invade the Baltic states.

Georgia and Ukraine aren't NATO allies. We'd provide much more aid to Poland facing a full-fledged Russian invasion than we ever will with Ukraine fighting "separatists". If Poland gets invaded, I suspect we'd have some B-2's headed that direction within a day or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nukes will not get slung for a non existential (to the US and Russia) conflict. If Russia tries to make a play to expand their borders the strategic calculus is different then an all out soviet rush to the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
With a quick wiki, only 120k active troops, 80 modern combat aircraft, and no modern attack helos.

View Quote

Poland has 32 operational Mi-24. While that's not a huge amount, and they're only "modernized," the Mi-24 is still a huge threat to Russian tank forces.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Historically, Poland has been hung out to dry by its other European allies - what twice? three times in the 20th century?  And Obama in the White House?  I know which way I'd be betting if I were Poland.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because Obama announced he was cancelling the missile deal with Poland on the 70th anniversiary of Stalin's invasion of Poland doesn't mean anything.  I'm sure he will continue his Administration's policies in support of our allies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Poland has what is probably the most professional, well-funded, and well-trained military in the EU besides the UK today. I would say yes, they would put a serious hurt on Russia. The Polish people and their military remember the Warsaw years and have no intention of going back.
View Quote

I agree with you observation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#23]
How long did Finland hold out? Germans gave them some arms, that's it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thread needs NATO to add a poll?

TRG
View Quote

Six weeks.  Besides, I'm more interested in the reading the reasoning than the general opinion.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Poland has 32 operational Mi-24. While that's not a huge amount, and they're only "modernized," the Mi-24 is still a huge threat to Russian tank forces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poland's Maverick and JSOW-armed F16s are an even bigger threat to them.... if JSOW works half as good as advertised it could seriously fuck up a mass armored thrust.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone here fought along side any Polish units over the last 12 years?  Just curious what your impression was in terms of their TTPs and gear.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]
6 weeks makes no sense.

Either Article 5 is invoked and it's on,or NATO falls apart immediately. There is no other way.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#28]
According to Wikipedia (take it with a grain of salt) Russia has approx. ten times the "active military" soldiers as Poland, with a LOT more reserves than Poland has.  That said, I have to wonder what percentage of its military Russia can effectively outfit and send into combat outside its own borders?  Even if it's only half, it certainly looks difficult for Poland.

I've heard that Poland has a comparatively professional armed forces and respectably equipped.  This would suggest that Russian troops would face better trained and better equipped resistance than they faced in Georgia or Ukraine.  Someone more familiar with Poland's armed forces could speak to that and correct me if necessary.

Poland would be fighting to protect their homes, parents, siblings, spouses, and children.  That's a lot more motivating than the Russian soldiers' motivation of loot and women to rape.

Now factor in the current economic situation in Russia.  Projecting war beyond its own borders would be expensive, and Russia isn't currently rolling in the money.

So the only advantage I'm seeing for the Russians is numbers.  In every other way Poland would be a match for Russia and possibly even superior in some regards.  Still, the disparity in numbers would be nothing to sniff at.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nukes will not get slung for a non existential (to the US and Russia) conflict. If Russia tries to make a play to expand their borders the strategic calculus is different then an all out soviet rush to the Atlantic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We'd never think of going nuclear over something like Poland, but Russia doesn't share our views. Russia (and France) have crazy-low thresholds for unleashing nuclear weapons.

http://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2015/02/25/russia_cant_beat_nato--but_putin_may_try.html

This is especially dangerous because Putin does not seem to grasp that NATO’s members, once invaded, will fight according to their training and their experience, and not by a snap poll of people in New York or Nebraska. They will fight with very real and very modern Western weapons, rather than with hashtags and selfies from chipper spokespeople back at the State Department. And in the end, if Putin orders his forces West, the Russians will lose, and lose badly.

At that point, Putin will only have two options: he can sue for peace (something he seems constitutionally incapable of doing) or he can resort to nuclear weapons. Russian military planning already includes a bizarre concept called “nuclear de-escalation,” in which the use of tactical nuclear arms shocks the enemy – meaning NATO – into letting Russia off the hook for whatever mad scheme got them into a jam in the first place. The idea that nuclear arms “de-escalate” anything makes no sense unless except to those molded by Soviet indoctrination: if you believe the West is inherently weak and decadent, then you believe the use of even one nuclear bomb will bring NATO to its knees and expose the U.S. and its allies as cowards. The reality, of course, is that nuclear use will almost certainly escalate, and no matter how it ends, Putin, his regime, and Russia as he knows it today will all be gone.

http://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2015/02/27/natos_nuclear_nightmare_over_ukraine_107670.html

While it’s true the Russians haven’t employed nuclear weapons, they are already on the table as a means of coercion. As Dr. Matthew Kroenig of Georgetown University argued in a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing recently, “The ongoing conflict in Ukraine is very much a nuclear crisis.” While the U.S. has made great pains to marginalize nuclear weapons in its strategy, over the past two decades Russia has moved nuclear weapons front and center to its national strategy. Not only do Russia’s national leaders, including Putin himself, imply or sometimes explicitly threaten to employ nuclear weapons, the military conducts exercises showing just how it would do it. Russian foreign minister Lavrov, even stated that Russia had the “right” to deploy nuclear weapons in Crimea.

The Russians hold to a theory that by employing “tactical nuclear weapons” that is, ones that will incur limited damage, as opposed to total destruction, the enemy (i.e. NATO), would immediately sue for peace, deeming any further conventional fight not with the cost. Ambassador Robert Joseph explained at a recent conference that, “Russia’s doctrine assumes an asymmetry of interests and a lack of willingness on the part of the enemy to risk nuclear war.” Moscow may calculate that it wants to put an end to NATO more than the alliance, including the U.S., wants to engage in a retaliatory strike. The Russians are surely wrong about this, and that means a quickly escalating catastrophic war. And to be sure, Russia has a great number more of these lower yield battlefield nuclear weapons than what the U.S. has—some estimate as many as ten times as many. This is why the number and type of nuclear weapons the U.S possess matters and matters greatly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
6 weeks makes no sense.

Either Article 5 is invoked and it's on,or NATO falls apart immediately. There is no other way.

View Quote

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Polish_military_alliance. The Poles held out about 5 weeks.  The English didn't arrive in time, to say the least.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Any guesses how many troops Russia could mobilize and commit to an invasion of Poland?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any guesses how many troops Russia could mobilize and commit to an invasion of Poland?

<a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Russia_Army_New.png" target="_blank">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Russia_Army_New.png</a>
View Quote

Nowhere near that many.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Poland would severely hurt Russia's military. This isn't the old Soviet Union, and Poland is very much protected and armed by the West.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Won't do any good when the Obama administration denies their export licenses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Won't do any good when the Obama administration denies their export licenses.

Quoted:

No M855 for us, no toys for Poland either. FBHO is like the Grinch who stole Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
I work with some Polish guys, and I think that this is very true. . . they would truly rather be dead than Red. . . . and they have the knowledge as to why they feel that way. . .

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Polish_military_alliance. The Poles held out about 5 weeks.  The English didn't arrive in time, to say the least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 weeks makes no sense.

The english gave China millions , they gave poland a small pitance of what they promised (poland asked 60 million, england promised 9 million, delivered 10,000).  The english and french turned their backs on Poland to not anger Russia.  

Poland could have defeated Nazi Germany , Poland could have beaten Russia, would have obliterated Slovakia out of existence  With the full aid that they asked they may have been able to beat back all odds long enough for actual assistance from their supposed allies.  

What have we done to Poland since Obama the Tyrant?  Removed most defensive measures, left Poland in the cold.  We are acting like England and France did in WW2.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Russia has not a bottle of vodka's chance in Moscow of taking Poland.

The purported quality of Polish armed forces aside, and even if Belarus played along, Russian logistics aren't up to keeping a large fighting force in action 800 miles from the Motherland.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

APC's, mostly.  Hind was never an anti-tank helo; it's a troop transport with offensive capabilities.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Not without assistance from the rest of Europe.  Steamroller rolls on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#41]
U.S. have put in plans for rapid deployment and we're very good at mobilizing our forces quickly.  Provided US political leadership didn't drag its feet and made a quick decision I think we could prevent Russia from conquering all of Poland.  However, political reality is at this point that the decision would not be made to respond until the mission became liberating Poland rather than defending it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
U.S. have put in plans for rapid deployment and we're very good at mobilizing our forces quickly.  Provided US political leadership didn't drag its feet and made a quick decision I think we could prevent Russia from conquering all of Poland.  However, political reality is at this point that the decision would not be made to respond until the mission became liberating Poland rather than defending it.

View Quote

Think of all the awesome YouTube videos we'd get out of it though
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The english gave China millions , they gave poland a small pitance of what they promised (poland asked 60 million, england promised 9 million, delivered 10,000).  The english and french turned their backs on Poland to not anger Russia.  

Poland could have defeated Nazi Germany , Poland could have beaten Russia, would have obliterated Slovakia out of existence  With the full aid that they asked they may have been able to beat back all odds long enough for actual assistance from their supposed allies.  

What have we done to Poland since Obama the Tyrant?  Removed most defensive measures, left Poland in the cold.  We are acting like England and France did in WW2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 weeks makes no sense.

I thought the  German Army  decimated the Polish Army in days? Didn't Poland still have horse Calvary.
edit: wrong operation, not Barberossa
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought the  German Army  decimated the Polish Army in days? Didn't Poland still have horse Calvary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 weeks makes no sense.

So  did the Germans.  Many countries still had it.

My understanding is that Polish horse units actually did pretty well for themselves, in some cases routing German units.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My understanding is that Polish horse units actually did pretty well for themselves, in some cases routing German units.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 weeks makes no sense.

Poland had horse units, but they were rapid reaction horse borne Cav. Doctrinally they were supposed to move on horseback and dismount to engage in heavy fighting.  They could fight on horseback (and did) against light forces such as infantry. Interestingly, Polish Cavalry units had a horse transportable 37mm Anti-tank guns.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_at_Krojanty
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#46]
The Poles are well trained, reasonably well equipped, and are extremely well motivated. The Russians would see combat on a scale and pace they hadn't since the '40s if they tried to invade Poland. There are more Russians than Poles, but the Russians have shit logistics, so it would become a race to see if NATO could resupply the Poles before they got overwhelmed (to give time to actually reinforce them) or how many casualties Putin is willing to suck up before he either declares victory and leaves or starts dropping nukes.

Apart from the intensity of the theoretical combat, this isn't WWII, the Russia is not the USSR and they can't afford to trade too many lives for victories they way they could in '44-45. A war of attrition won't work for them unless they're either very short or very geographically constrained wars. Today Russia has a smaller population than the US currently does, they're not going to get by fighting for years fighting a war of attrition; while Putin and the high command may have no qualms about doing that, they simply don't have enough people to absorb losing too many men over too long a period of time unlike in WWII.

All of that is pretty much moot though, if Russia can be engaged in offensive ground operations in a NATO country for 6 weeks without NATO doing anything besides moral support, then there is no NATO. It's either all in, or all out right from the get go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Poles used horses for moving their mounted infantry across various terrain in a fairly rapid manner.  Once reaching their destination, they usually dismounted for actual combat.

On one or two occasions the German armored units caught the mounted cavalry exposed in the open and cut them down with tank cannon and machine gun fire before the Poles could dismount and prepare themselves.  Nazi German propaganda used these rare occurrences to portray the Poles as stupid.  Interestingly enough, Polish jokes today are a carry over from the Nazi propaganda of WWII.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Poland would be no pushover. They have some good equipment and are in the process of acquiring even more of it. I don't think the Russians have the manpower or logistics to put as many troops into Poland that it would take to get the job done. Historically, the attacking force needs a 3-1 advantage in numbers. Can Russia send 300,000+ troops into Poland while simultaneously protecting and keeping open its line of logistics? That might be problematic, being as it would pretty much require the entire Russian Army to participate. This isn't the 1980s when the Soviets could put 2 or 3 million troops on the field of battle. Today they have a smaller and much less capable army than we do. Russia isn't ten feet tall and bulletproof like so many like to make them out to be. The only thing they possess that you really have to respect is their nuclear capability. That is why we should be working overtime to develop a robust system capable of rendering their nuclear arsenal useless against us, rather than taking the minimalist approach we're using now when it comes to missile defense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were not for all the death it might be nice to have a proper war with uniformed bad guys in an area of the world with attractive women without serious religious restraints.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The Poles used horses for moving their mounted infantry across various terrain in a fairly rapid manner.  Once reaching their destination, they usually dismounted for actual combat.

On one or two occasions the German armored units caught the mounted cavalry exposed in the open and cut them down with tank cannon and machine gun fire before the Poles could dismount and prepare themselves.  Nazi German propaganda used these rare occurrences to portray the Poles as stupid.  Interestingly enough, Polish jokes today are a carry over from the Nazi propaganda of WWII.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep they trained them to act as mounted infantry more than traditional cavalry.

And ironically enough, once the war reached a fever pitch the Germans not only employed far more cavalry than the Poles ever did, but used horses for supply and transport on a massive scale. They didn't use cavalry on the Western Front but my great-uncles knew the Germans were in a world of trouble when they saw how many horses they were using in Normandy while their units were completely motorized.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top