Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1.  Looked to me like the Vette handles better.

2.  WTF do I know?  I think my C6 3LT is fast.
View Quote

The Vette has a better driver
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
That thing can pull. Wow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very apparent. And speaking of... I couldnt figure out what the car that spun out in the beginning was (need better resolution monitor)

At first I thought C7 RX-7?, but then maybe a Noble or even a Viper.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cool video.... I would love to drive that track just once.
View Quote

Exactly, that track is amazing.
It has a little bit of everything, need to get down there for an F1 race bad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the P1 driver is driving a literal million-dollar car that he can't have had for more than six months or so... he's probably a little tentative in the corners.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vette is consistently pulling 1.25g's in the bends, that new Z06 is pretty amazing  but the P1 had a newb driver and he waited until straights to pass traffic so it gives the impression that the vette was catching it in turns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
looks like a video game to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Something's not right, a Z06 should be pulling a heck of a lot harder on that front straight.  You can count the MPH as it accelerates.

Watch how long it takes to go from 50 to 120, starting around 1:16 in the video .  I'm not trying to swing my e-peen, but my stock 350Z is faster than that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I will take the Z06 and pocket a million.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
squid on a Kawi H2B gives them both finger as he flies by.
View Quote

And gets passed on the brakes by the P1 and around the outside in the turn by the Corvette.  

The only thing bikes have on cars is acceleration and one-wheel antics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Something's not right, a Z06 should be pulling a heck of a lot harder on that front straight.  You can count the MPH as it accelerates.

Watch how long it takes to go from 50 to 120, starting around 1:16 in the video .  I'm not trying to swing my e-peen, but my stock 350Z is faster than that.
View Quote

I just watched it again and you are right.  WTF?  My C4 accelerates faster than that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just watched it again and you are right.  WTF?  My C4 accelerates after than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just watched it again and you are right.  WTF?  My C4 accelerates after than that.

It's heat soak and a hugely conservative tune from the factory.

Should have stuck to the big block 427.

NA all day, every day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ferrari has come out and said that anyone who loans a LaFerrari to Top Gear will be barred from ever buying a limited edition Ferrari.   Ferrari is too afraid of loosing their #1 position and what they don't realize is they lost it long ago.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather see a P1 vs. the new hybrid Ferrari.

I think the pissing match between McLaren and Ferrari about letting Top Gear test the two cars is hilarious.  Ferrari is being a little bitch about it.

Supposedly some Arab has a P1, 918 and a LaFerrari and is going to let them run the track with his cars.

Ferrari has almost never cooperated, and when they do, it's pretty much only under their terms (tires, engineering setup, pre-running, etc)
Motor Trend used to have this old white guy they called Santa that would lend them Ferrari's for testing because of this.

Ferrari has come out and said that anyone who loans a LaFerrari to Top Gear will be barred from ever buying a limited edition Ferrari.   Ferrari is too afraid of loosing their #1 position and what they don't realize is they lost it long ago.  

This.

Porsche is the only 1 of the 3 willing to do it, any time, any where.

That damn 918 gives me a major woody.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Unrelated. Why is there a red flag by the green arrow for this thread?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

you bookmarked this thread?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I have a sudden urge to go to the bathroom and while I'm there call up the local dealer to place an order for a z06.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm.  I've never seen that before.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

NA all day, every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NA all day, every day.

It can't be that slow or nobody would buy them.  Watch that section again, it's like he's only 2/3 throttle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think the pissing match between McLaren and Ferrari about letting Top Gear test the two cars is hilarious.  Ferrari is being a little bitch about it.

Supposedly some Arab has a P1, 918 and a LaFerrari and is going to let them run the track with his cars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather see a P1 vs. the new hybrid Ferrari.

And his name is bin Laden.

Quoted:
If I won a huge powerball.. I'd buy the..

Both.  I'd buy both

How about all 3?  I think this guy might be Top Gear's next hope.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a Z06 in high school, it was my first car.

I really did enjoy it, it was a very fun car to drive...I have been thinking about buying a new one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a sudden urge to go to the bathroom and while I'm there call up the local dealer to place an order for a z06.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
They're just lucky a Hellcat didn't show up.....

....course I'd pick Bruce Lee too...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They're just lucky a Hellcat didn't show up.....

....course I'd pick Bruce Lee too...
View Quote

Very lucky.  Because on the first turn, it would fly off the track, explode, and cause the track to be shut down the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
When did VTEC kick in yo?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It can't be that slow or nobody would buy them.  Watch that section again, it's like he's only 2/3 throttle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NA all day, every day.

SINCE he has a passenger and he is taking the propper line everywhere, I would consider a bet that he is an instructor and may not be putting it down 100% with the class around him
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Z06 driver was a novice, P1 driver was a pro. Just watch the video, (Z06) accelerating late leaving the corners, too much braking going into them. Plus a passenger, that always slows newb drivers down a bunch. The gap is not that big between the two cars IRL, no way in hell. (unless the P1 isn't stock)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bottom (or top) right of this thread should be a "clear bookmark" link.  Click that and it should go away.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Z06 driver was a novice, P1 driver was a pro. Just watch the video, (Z06) accelerating late leaving the corners, too much braking going into them. Plus a passenger, that always slows newb drivers down a bunch. The gap is not that big between the two cars, no way in hell. (unless the P1 isn't stock)
View Quote

Z06 was carrying more speed through the corners and had a much better line than the P1, don't think he's a novice.  He may have been demoing/instructing like Yukon said, but either way, the video description is not accurate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Z06 driver was a novice, P1 driver was a pro. Just watch the video, (Z06) accelerating late leaving the corners, too much braking going into them. Plus a passenger, that always slows newb drivers down a bunch. The gap is not that big between the two cars IRL, no way in hell. (unless the P1 isn't stock)
View Quote

. Have you ever even touched a Corvette?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Z06 was carrying more speed through the corners and had a much better line than the P1, don't think he's a novice.  He may have been demoing/instructing like Yukon said, but either way, the video description is not accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Z06 driver was a novice, P1 driver was a pro. Just watch the video, (Z06) accelerating late leaving the corners, too much braking going into them. Plus a passenger, that always slows newb drivers down a bunch. The gap is not that big between the two cars, no way in hell. (unless the P1 isn't stock)

He was missing gears, and all he had to do was brake when the P1's brake lights blinked. I am telling you that if you watch it, you can hear that he's in the wrong gear a couple times, and is late accelerating out of the corners. His line looks good, but that's because you can see the P1's mistake going into the corner. The guy is a novice driver at best, watch the video, pay attention, and you'll see it all happen. Early in, late out, the most basic driver no-no's.

Yes, I used to race an 96 Grand Sport. Different class, but racing nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He was missing gears, and all he had to do was brake when the P1's brake lights blinked. I am telling you that if you watch it, you can hear that he's in the wrong gear a couple times, and is late accelerating out of the corners. His line looks good, but that's because you can see the P1's mistake going into the corner. The guy is a novice driver at best, watch the video, pay attention, and you'll see it all happen. Early in, late out, the most basic driver no-no's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm at work so I watched with no sound.
Either way, I don't think he ever even hit WOT in the front straight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Correct, you never hear WOT. That's a newb driver afraid of killing himself, not a racer running the car the way it was meant to be.

At 1:22 his shift sounds like a woman driving a stick for the first time. I'm not going to critique every second of the video, but a real track driver can call out every mistake. I guarantee that there are very few on this board. I'd like to hear their opinion. No I'm not talking to those that run light to light on Saturday nights, either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seriously. Comparing a high end sports car to a high end supercar?  

In other news a F1 car will beat a cup car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
completely irrelevant comparison
Seriously. Comparing a high end sports car to a high end supercar?  

In other news a F1 car will beat a cup car.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
He was missing gears, and all he had to do was brake when the P1's brake lights blinked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was missing gears, and all he had to do was brake when the P1's brake lights blinked.

I don't think you can trailbrake a 3,300 pound mid-engine sports car with 390mm Carbon ceramic brakes for very long... but what do i know lol

ETA: If the Z06 doesn't have the brake package of its own
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#36]
That Z06 wasn't being pushed hard at all, still a cool vid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't think you can trailbrake a 3,300 pound mid-engine sports car with 390mm Carbon ceramic brakes for very long... but what do i know lol  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

McLaren's P1 brakes are 390mm at the front and 380mm at the rear. Corvette's are 394mm front, and 390mm rear. Both are Carbon Ceramic. Vette has 6x4 piston, P1 has 6x4 piston.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Neither driver to me looked like that were going to risk running on the edge with their new cars. Still the acceleration was mind boggling on both cars.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#40]
He checks the fuck out at 1:24!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Oh my....

My sweet car-boner just got passed-up by my sweet big titty boner!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Z06 would have been a decent match for most supercars ...before the P1
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
a real track driver can call out every mistake. I guarantee that there are very few on this board. I'd like to hear their opinion. No I'm not talking to those that run light to light on Saturday nights, either.
View Quote

Only things I've ever raced, on the track, balls out, were 450lb, 80hp FSAE cars.  0-60 in under 3, and 1.5G on the skidpad.
Done some track days and such, but I wouldn't call that racing.  The vid above was just a track day, there was no real racing going on.  Can't really fault either driver for not wanting to put their new toys in the wall.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a friend who has one, and funny enough, lives in Austin. That's not his. His is blue.

The P1 is on a a whole other planet when it comes to acceleration and handling. However, having watched last week's Top Gear where James was playing with the new La Ferrari, I think we may have a new world's best supercar winner.

Cannot wait to see the 918, P1, and La Ferrari shootout.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Z06 would have been a decent match for most supercars ...before the P1
View Quote

The Z06 is bitchin. I'm not Vette guy, but the new model caught my interest from the get-go.

Having said that... supercars are SO sexy. Engineering, engine-tone, exclusivity, eye-candy... the whole package. Having ridden in a few sweet Ferraris... I'm a Ferrari guy. But I'd take ANY Ferrari, McClaren, Lotus, Porsche, Beemer, Audi, etc that someone wanted to bestow on me.

Btw... despite my being a Ferrari guy... the "La Ferrari" is just WAY too gay-sounding for my tastes. I'll take a good ole F50 Spider thank you...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
F50 Spider
View Quote

Supercars shouldn't be convertibles...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Only things I've ever raced, on the track, balls out, were 450lb, 80hp FSAE cars.  0-60 in under 3, and 1.5G on the skidpad.
Done some track days and such, but I wouldn't call that racing.  The vid above was just a track day, there was no real racing going on.  Can't really fault either driver for not wanting to put their new toys in the wall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a real track driver can call out every mistake. I guarantee that there are very few on this board. I'd like to hear their opinion. No I'm not talking to those that run light to light on Saturday nights, either.

I've never seen a track day where a sub $100K car rode up on the bumper of a $1.5 Million dollar car, and played Forza 5 with it. I didn't know it was a free-for-all. I thought it was a different event.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've never seen a track day where a sub $100K car rode up on the bumper of a $1.5 Million dollar car, and played Forza 5 with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a track day where a sub $100K car rode up on the bumper of a $1.5 Million dollar car, and played Forza 5 with it.

Much more likely than a 1.5M car riding up on a 100K car, they all signed a waiver...

Obviously neither of those guys are professional drivers, so what else could it be besides a track day?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uphill section there is steep I think.

ETA: goes from 492' at the turn up to 600' and the whole section is substantially uphill:
http://www.mapmyride.com/us/hornsby-bend-tx/circuit-of-the-americas-course-1211266
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Uphill section there is steep I think.
View Quote

It is a bit, but watch it from corner exit around 1:15 in the flat.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top