Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have no issue with it. Private Military forces might do better job with lax ROE.
View Quote

What are these ROE that you speak of?
'Weapons Free'!!!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Show me where to sign...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erik Prince, the former CEO of Blackwater could organize a private military corporation more than capable of subduing ISIS and Syria and return the world to an orderly stable position within a year.

Show me where to sign...

Here you go brother.  Godspeed.

Since I am nearly positive that this isn't just inane internet-badass talk, please feel free to post all follow up correspondence with Academi in this thread as well.  

Looking forward to seeing you downrange, shooting ISIL in the face,

- CP
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since I am nearly positive that this isn't just inane internet-badass talk, please feel free to post all follow up correspondence with Academi in this thread as well.  

- CP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erik Prince, the former CEO of Blackwater could organize a private military corporation more than capable of subduing ISIS and Syria and return the world to an orderly stable position within a year.

Show me where to sign...

- CP

If things were like they were pre-2008 I'd already be there.  I spoke with every company I could come across last year and unless I wanted a static security position, I don't have the qualifications they now require.  If there's another boom and they bring over police trainers or loosen the psd quals, I'm game.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm ok with this
View Quote

That Kenyan Sunni in the Whitehouse won't be OK with it.  

Just watch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
what could possibly go wrong with such a plan
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why can't a private corporation be given he responsibility of bringing a country to a position where it has the building blocks to form a proper democracy? Why is a private corporation, especially if it is publicly traded, be worse than a nation state or a dictator?  
View Quote

Actually, the Constitution provides for just that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I see no issues
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Master of the vessel is always captain.   You can be first mate, tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you think I'd get a visit from the FBI if I started petitioning congress for a letter of Marque and Reprisal?

You guys can come with me, but I get to be captain.  And you have to bring your own booze.

Sign me up, I'll be the Major

Master of the vessel is always captain.   You can be first mate, tho.

The terms are different because at one time naval commanders were not professional seamen. When Navies professionalized the distinction was lost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have the rules changed,,? No US Citizen may carry Arms on behalf of or wage armed conflict in, supply arms to..another country without license from the State Dept. Clear ITAR violation, among I believe several more.
View Quote

Your understanding of this is abut as wrong as can possibly be and in contravention of case law. You need to go read some more on this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Really?

Didn't fedgov just jam three ppl up for trying to run a coup in the namibia for exactly those reasons?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Brings new meaning to I volunteer, Sir! (They were from tn)

The gambia, my bad...

http:// http://m.voanews.com/a/us-man-pleads-guilty-in-gambia-coup-plot/2621051.html

Barrow is charged with conspiracy to violate the Neutrality Act by making an expedition against a friendly nation from the United States and conspiracy to possess a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For the same reason your younger sibling failed.... we pulled out too early.  

Germany and Japan were strong nations.  We destroyed the ever loving shit out of them.  And then sat on their territory for the next 100 years as we helped shape them in to countries ruled by law.  

Please don't believe that I am thinking that 1945 Germany or Japan are the same as 2015 Iraq/Afghanistan.  Quite the contrary.  If it takes 100+ years of 'occupation' for a people who wish to support themselves to flourish, it is going to take at least that for a country full of dependent assclowns focusing on Sectarianism.

Also, instead of destroying Iraq's will to fight, we destroyed Iraq's despotic government and placed the reigns in the hands of self-aggrandizing, revenge-seeking religious majority.  And history has dictated time and again how this was to be played out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did Iraq Fail?

Why did Afghanistan Fail?

Why did Vietnam Fail?

You can't nation build as a democracy. You can invade and occupy for a limited time, but you can't stay when you're dependent on popular opinion manipulated by a liberal press.  

The answer is simple. Invade Syria, kick ass, raise the American flag over Damascus and then hand it to a PMC to administer like Blackwater.

Why can't a private corporation be given he responsibility of bringing a country to a position where it has the building blocks to form a proper democracy? Why is a private corporation, especially if it is publicly traded, be worse than a nation state or a dictator?  

For the same reason your younger sibling failed.... we pulled out too early.  

Germany and Japan were strong nations.  We destroyed the ever loving shit out of them.  And then sat on their territory for the next 100 years as we helped shape them in to countries ruled by law.  

Please don't believe that I am thinking that 1945 Germany or Japan are the same as 2015 Iraq/Afghanistan.  Quite the contrary.  If it takes 100+ years of 'occupation' for a people who wish to support themselves to flourish, it is going to take at least that for a country full of dependent assclowns focusing on Sectarianism.

Also, instead of destroying Iraq's will to fight, we destroyed Iraq's despotic government and placed the reigns in the hands of self-aggrandizing, revenge-seeking religious majority.  And history has dictated time and again how this was to be played out.

Is it the year 2045 where you live?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Godspeed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The answer is simple. Invade Syria, kick ass, raise the American flag over Damascus and then hand it to a PMC to administer like Blackwater.

View Quote

because who gets to decide on which democracy is "proper"?  so many guys in GD seem to think that democracy is necessarily pro-american.  if the regime in saudi were to be replaced with a proper democracy--governed by consent of the governed--the state would be decidedly less pro-american.  so what you're suggesting is that a private corporation will come in and rule over the population of a foreign state, such that that state aligns with american interests.  that's what "proper" means for many people--agreeable to our wants, not theirs.

so "the problem with scotland is that it's full of scots", which is how scotland came to be "colonized by wankers".  

it's one thing to smack down an aggressive regime, set up a friendly transition administration, and then say "don't make me come back".  it's something completely different to smack them down and then colonize them, saying "you're indefinitely prohibited from having any 'democracy' of which we don't approve."

and especially when it comes to a private corporation doing this--you're right back to the east india company, whose employees had the power of life and death over colonized populations, without any public accountability.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have no problem with anyone that wants to kill terrorists.

But they ought to leave Jesus' name out of it.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,....

View Quote

That is the truth right there
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just wait until ISIS burns those 300 Christians they have now.
View Quote

They are going to burn them anyways. You think they are going to have a change of heart and release them? This is to keep anymore from being taken...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
too bad EO isnt around

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What about ammo?  I can afford liquor but ammo is expensive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think I'd get a visit from the FBI if I started petitioning congress for a letter of Marque and Reprisal?

You guys can come with me, but I get to be captain.  And you have to bring your own booze.

What about ammo?  I can afford liquor but ammo is expensive.

I'm a firm believer that this conflict is prime for use of Letters of Marque and Reprisal.  

Yet.. no one will mention them or propose them.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The gambia, my bad...

http:// http://m.voanews.com/a/us-man-pleads-guilty-in-gambia-coup-plot/2621051.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The gambia, my bad...

Barrow is charged with conspiracy to violate the Neutrality Act by making an expedition against a friendly nation from the United States and conspiracy to possess a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence.

Different question entirely, and different circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Kurds on board with this?

From what I recall reading, they are the oft wished for "moderate Muslims" in that part of the world. If they are, then linking up with a group of Christians with the same goal as they have (kill lots of ISIS fuckheads) shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#23]
What in the world is Christian about doing that? Someone please show me where Jesus or the apostles taught making war on horrible people. They never did. In fact, they taught quite the opposite.

Now, if people want to go make war on ISIS because ISIS is evil, fine--more power to them. Fund and fight to your heart's content, but until someone shows me where the Bible teaches Christians to wage war in the name of Christ, I am happy to point out that this is a decidedly un-Christian thing to do.

In fact, if Christians are going to jump on board with this in the name of Christ, then they're going to need to go ahead and concede next time some evangelical anti-theist accuses Christians of practicing a violent religion that teaches killing in the name of Jesus.

Christ did not come to erase evil. Christ came to bring forgiveness to those who have practiced evil.

That is to say, Christ did not come to kill all those who practice evil. Instead, Christ came to give the gift of eternal life to those evil men who repent and come to Him.

Carry on with the sabre-rattling.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Like in the case of Executive Outcomes, the UN made them "illegal"..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Outcomes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like in the case of Executive Outcomes, the UN made them "illegal"..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Outcomes

UN doesn't run anything but it's mouth.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,....

View Quote

And if Jesus saw a possible extinction of all things Christian..........what would he have said?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure Loretta Lynch's Justice Department will be along soon to prosecute them shortly for violation of the Logan Act.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jesus sees all things that have ever happened or that will ever happen.   He is God.  He never "learns" anything new.

When He said that, He knew all things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if Jesus saw a possible extinction of all things Christian..........what would he have said?

Jesus sees all things that have ever happened or that will ever happen.   He is God.  He never "learns" anything new.

When He said that, He knew all things.

Good point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think that would fly now with all the international banking regulations. I don't see our .gov looking very friendly on sending money to the middle east to arm people. Only they get to decide who to arm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How soon before collections start in US Christian organizations?

Like K of C or Elks?
Maybe even churches?

Back in the late 70s early 80s I used to go to bars in Boston that had jars on the bar filled with cash and Sinn Fein written on them. You know where money went.

No morale equivalent attempt here, but it can be done.

I don't think that would fly now with all the international banking regulations. I don't see our .gov looking very friendly on sending money to the middle east to arm people. Only they get to decide who to arm

Bitcoin, bitches.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]
To end ISIS you must control both Syria and Iraq. The American people have been against US troops being sent into Syria to gain control of it and then begin nation building as the middle man in a civil war.  

Unfortunately, the only viable option politically at this point is to go into Iraq, re-secure it, bolster Iraq forces with a "coalition" headed by the USA, and then use Iraq as a training ground to arm and supply Syrian rebels we want to win who can then fight in our proxy against ISIS in Syria and eventually take it.

Pretty simple really and ultimately what is going to have to happen anyways so I don't understand why this Administration is reacting so damn slowly.  Clear as crystal to everyone other than Obama.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Show me where to sign...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me where to sign...

I'd be down.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why did Iraq Fail?

Why did Vietnam Fail?

You can't nation build as a democracy. You can invade and occupy for a limited time, but you can't stay when you're dependent on popular opinion manipulated by a liberal press.  

View Quote

Why put an american flag?

If the PMC conquers the area why can they not hold up their flag and make their own country?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
To end ISIS you must control both Syria and Iraq. The American people have been against US troops being sent into Syria to gain control of it and then begin nation building as the middle man in a civil war.  

Unfortunately, the only viable option politically at this point is to go into Iraq, re-secure it, bolster Iraq forces with a "coalition" headed by the USA, and then use Iraq as a training ground to arm and supply Syrian rebels we want to win who can then fight in our proxy against ISIS in Syria and eventually take it.

Pretty simple really and ultimately what is going to have to happen anyways so I don't understand why this Administration is reacting so damn slowly.  Clear as crystal to everyone other than Obama.
View Quote

You forget. WE ARE BROKE!

Where is the money for another occupation?

Another war will full on devastate this economy.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In the Name of Democracy, Peace, and freedom, ain't working.

You need stronger stuff. Something Hadji understands. Like last time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus

In the Name of Democracy, Peace, and freedom, ain't working.

You need stronger stuff. Something Hadji understands. Like last time.

There is nothing un-Christ like of a violent response to evil people in defense of the weak and oppressed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

"...to prevent my arrest."

-50 points for out of context.

Try Isaiah 1:17 among others.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
"Domestic Terrorists"
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Popcorn, dammit..." This is gonna be good!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're being sarcastic or joking? Can't tell.

We could easily afford an invasion.  Occupations we do every day in Germany, Japan, South Korea, all over the world. We "occupy" bases and all we really need once initial security goals are archived are bases and a force on sight for oversight of the Iraqi Army and government.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm ok with this
View Quote

came to post this.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

And be demonized the whole way to success....
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree.

I was in Amman Jordan when he addressed the mid east spec ops expo and said he could have a battalion sized element anywhere in the world in 72 hours. He has the assets and ability.

So does another company that I'm familiar with.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why did Iraq Fail?

Why did Vietnam Fail?

View Quote

The perceived idea of corruption in private endeavors. When in reality, nation states have shown to be far more corrupt and devastating to populations than any private corporation has ever been.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus
View Quote

What this boils down to is zealots who think Jesus was a minor prophet vs. zealots who think Jesus was a god.

If they want to kill each other, it's cool with me as long as they buy their own plane tickets and keep it over there.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Is ISIS thinking about arresting Jesus?

This sounds like protecting innocent people from murderous thugs. I don't think Jesus would have too many issues with that but I don't speak for the dude.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What this boils down to is zealots who think Jesus was a minor prophet vs. zealots who think Jesus was a god.

If they want to kill each other, it's cool with me as long as they buy their own plane tickets and keep it over there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus

No. What it boils down to is a group of zealots who think they have a god-ordained duty to massacre innocent people because they don't worship at the same mosque, and another group of people willing to put their lives on the line to protect the lives of innocents, including women and children, from said group of zealots since the governments of the world with the capability to do something aren't doing anything, nor will they because there is nothing in it for them.

I don't see any atheist groups willing to take a stand. Do you?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How soon before collections start in US Christian organizations?

Like K of C or Elks?
Maybe even churches?

Back in the late 70s early 80s I used to go to bars in Boston that had jars on the bar filled with cash and Sinn Fein written on them. You know where money went.

No morale equivalent attempt here, but it can be done.

Maybe we can call them undocumented workers. Our .Gov has no problem arming them in mexico
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No. What it boils down to is a group of zealots who think they have a god-ordained duty to massacre innocent people because they don't worship at the same mosque, and another group of people willing to put their lives on the line to protect the lives of innocents, including women and children, from said group of zealots since the governments of the world with the capability to do something aren't doing anything, nor will they because there is nothing in it for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus

Atheists are unlikely to be enthusiastic about religious wars.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus

There you have it, and I agree. Atheists with a life consistent with their worldview are unlikely to be enthusiastic about anything concerning actual morality, nor are they likely to bat an eye when innocent people are being slaughtered. Until, of course, ISIS and their ilk are marching through the streets of New Hampshire dragging atheists out into the streets and beheading them for their difference in belief. But I can't really say anything with authority  because Crusades.

So glad we can lambast people on the internet for giving a shit though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There you have it, and I agree. Atheists with a life consistent with their worldview are unlikely to be enthusiastic about anything concerning actual morality, nor are they likely to bat an eye when innocent people are being slaughtered. Until, of course, ISIS and their ilk are marching through the streets of New Hampshire dragging atheists out into the streets and beheading them for their difference in belief. But I can't really say anything with authority  because Crusades.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the names of Jesus

Have you bought your plane ticket yet? Surely you're not staying here with those of us who have no "actual morality", right?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top