Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
People I know are calling me and saying"is this a good deal I just spent $2000 on ammo...."

these are people who got AR's during the panic, had maybe 100 rounds of 5.56, and now they are buying as much as they can.

lots of newbeards going to be buying up ammo
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate the shortage, but it warms my heart thinking about the volume of ammo that's being stored in people's homes rater than warehouses and store shelves.  I'm guessing that Americans are more heavily armed now than any other time in history.
View Quote

I kind of agree. This is all further incentive for Americans to stock larger quantities of guns/ammo which is a good thing imho.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
i really hope this puts some relief on the .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That will never happen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet that Obama secretly had stock in ATK
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Prove it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought more than 55k rounds In one order when I saw the ban on 855. Bunch of amateurs around here.

Prove it.

Maybe he "bought" it from Ammunition supply company.

Seriously though, I think you guys need to turn on your sarcasm meters.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
My local Walmart still has both M193 and SS109 as of this morning.  Picked up some more ZQ SS109.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. .22 went in the first place when everyone panicked and bought guns, bought ammo for their guns, ammo was gone, and gun nuts said, screw this, I'll just shoot my .22. not been the same since.

People will now conserve .223, which means shooting other calibers, 7.62x39 will vanish. any comeback .22 was making, gone. Rifles will get put away and people will bring out the handguns and everything else will vanish.

I work at the range tomorrow and we normally have a LOT of ARs being shot. I bet tomorrow will be rifle light.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I work at a Cabela's and it was madness all day.  I had a guy at the checkouts with 250 boxes of 5.56 and someone behind him telling him he needs to buy more because Obama is banning all 5.56 and 223.  He listened and bought more .
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I work at a Cabela's and it was madness all day.  I had a guy at the checkouts with 250 boxes of 5.56 and someone behind him telling him he needs to buy more because Obama is banning all 5.56 and 223.  He listened and bought more .
View Quote

uninformed people are going to panic with news headlines like these:
front page of Fox and Yahoo news this morning:

ATF pushes bullet ban, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/27/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/27/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They really need to revise the title and contents of that article. Most enthusiast probably don't spend much time reading on arfcom and know what's really going on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So 55 cases gone that quick huh.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to Cabelas after work this afternoon to check the bargain cave but decided to stop by the ammo area for some .308 that is on sale.

Someone mentioned the Federal American Eagle 5.56 being on sale for around $6.50/box of 20 so I thought "Fuck it, I will pick up 100 rounds" I walked over and there was roughly 55k rounds of that and PMC on sale. I grabbed a case of 500 and walked over to the bargain cave for about 9 minutes. When I came back to see the 308 ammo, everyone was stacking cases in their carts. They said they just went through 55k rounds in 49 minutes.
View Quote

And FBHO and the gun hating Democrats!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to have to visit Cabelas today. Before all this crap they had piles of all the .223/5.56 brands including PMC X-TAC green tip.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought the libbies wanted us to "go green"....sounds like we are...green tip...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If the M855 ban were to pass it would place a heaver load on the 55gr demand.
I would guess that the manufacture's would switch lines that were making 62gr projectiles to 55gr, but that would be assuming those production lines were dedicated to commercial sales only.

All of this is just a guess and hopefully the atf's bs has gotten enough of a spotlight that it won't go forward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw people buying ammo of 5.56mm buy the cases today also. All I could think was, why are they buying 55grn ammo when they are trying to ban the 62grn stuff? Should I worry about a new 5.56mm shortage due to this crap?

If the M855 ban were to pass it would place a heaver load on the 55gr demand.
I would guess that the manufacture's would switch lines that were making 62gr projectiles to 55gr, but that would be assuming those production lines were dedicated to commercial sales only.

All of this is just a guess and hopefully the atf's bs has gotten enough of a spotlight that it won't go forward.

The problem is they may not switch the lines over because they need to keep them up and running for military demand. I was always under the impression that xm855 was either mil-spec rejects that were still good enough to be sold or new ammo produced for the civilian market when they openings between military contracts. but i dont work at a ammo plant so im just making assumptions.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just ordered a case of 7.62x39. Already out of stock several places and I'm getting low. I bet people say "well, I don't want to shoot my 556, I'll shoot my 7.62" and it will vanish as well.
View Quote

Plenty of 7.62 around here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered a case of 7.62x39. Already out of stock several places and I'm getting low. I bet people say "well, I don't want to shoot my 556, I'll shoot my 7.62" and it will vanish as well.

I'm sure. I don't think x39 will be hard to get for another week or three.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I witnessed a similar thing yesterday at my cabelas.  I was there for a couple boxes of .308 and there was a swarm people hoarding 5.56. One guy had two shopping carts packed full of it, and was trying to drag both to the register.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes sir. I bought some Privi brass 145gr for $11.99 a box
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's the one in Buda, how much is the .308 going for?

I'm more excited about this than the 5.56.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to purchase a pallet of 5.45x45 ammo, but the prices are inflated
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Obama is possibly the greatest gun and ammo salesman of all times.
View Quote

He's converted a lot of people, Pre-Obama, who would never have thought about owning one into owners too.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good for Cabela's but damn that is a shit-ton of goods to move in 49 minutes...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to Cabelas after work this afternoon to check the bargain cave but decided to stop by the ammo area for some .308 that is on sale.

Someone mentioned the Federal American Eagle 5.56 being on sale for around $6.50/box of 20 so I thought "Fuck it, I will pick up 100 rounds" I walked over and there was roughly 55k rounds of that and PMC on sale. I grabbed a case of 500 and walked over to the bargain cave for about 9 minutes. When I came back to see the 308 ammo, everyone was stacking cases in their carts. They said they just went through 55k rounds in 49 minutes.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
At the beginning of this past ammo panic, Wideners sold almost a million and a half rounds of IMI 5.56 in about 4 hours and that was with their website going down multiple times. LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the beginning of this past ammo panic, Wideners sold almost a million and a half rounds of IMI 5.56 in about 4 hours and that was with their website going down multiple times. LOL

They sold out of +30 million SS109's in the first 24hrs of this bullshit.

I'm just hoping my 2k gets delivered.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd like to purchase a pallet of 5.45x45 ammo, but the prices are inflated
View Quote

PSA just inflated theirs today by $50 a 1k box of Federal 5.56....

I feel sorry for those buying....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My local Walmart still has both M193 and SS109 as of this morning.  Picked up some more ZQ SS109.
View Quote
You better go back and get it all

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Days like this I'm so glad I reload and "buy cheap, stack deep".

I'm ticked at the recent ATF decision, and sad that we have runs on ammo, but honestly, the only thing that's truly hit me where it hurts is the lack of .22LR the last 2 years.  That's the one place I failed to stack deep...

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Stopped at Walmart today for heck of it...only 223 on shelf was some 55gr Tula
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Everybody's cousins buddy heard on the radio that Obama just banned all the assault rifle ammo for their Mini 14. Better buy it now cause you'll never be able to shoot at railroad ties (and miss) ever again once it's gone!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what caused this latest panic for "normal" / non armored personnel carrier piercing  5.56??

Does that mean the 4,400 rounds of m855 I purchased on M855-D-Day for ~ .36667/rd can be flipped @ ~$1 to $1.50? This is better than the stock market !

Everybody's cousins buddy heard on the radio that Obama just banned all the assault rifle ammo for their Mini 14. Better buy it now cause you'll never be able to shoot at railroad ties (and miss) ever again once it's gone!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But you can't buy a membership?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought more than 55k rounds In one order when I saw the ban on 855. Bunch of amateurs around here.

obviously that wont make him any money
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stopped at Walmart today for heck of it...only 223 on shelf was some 55gr Tula
View Quote

Shoulda bought it
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#33]
This morning all of the PMC .223 55grain bulk that was on sale for $99/300 sold out in 2 minutes at my local Cabela's. There is nothing left on the shelf that says 5.56. It's fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I couldn't shoot my .22 because I didnt have enough ammo, now. I guess I wont be able to shoot my AR because the fucking neckbeards will case the stores every morning and buy it all while the rest of us are at work.

I guess I'll need to find a new hobby soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's a little crazy how much the M855 threat is affecting all types of 5.56 ammo.

Maybe I'll finally sell the 5000 Sierra Match King projectiles I have my shelf.  I think I was really just buying that for myself during the 12-13 panic

Also:  please tell me y'all stocked deep on ammo during the end of summer last year.  5.56 prices at the lowest they've been in years... I bought a few K just to have around for plinking when I was too lazy to reload.

I still have thousands of primers from the 08 panic to finish loading up LOL
View Quote

I have been buying a case every month for the last 6 months.  I still feel like I don't have enough and I won't shoot everything I have for at least the next 5 years
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hate the shortage, but it warms my heart thinking about the volume of ammo that's being stored in people's homes rater than warehouses and store shelves.  I'm guessing that Americans are more heavily armed now than any other time in history.
View Quote

Last year I read Halbrook's, "Gun Control and the Third Reich".
He gives the available stats on the number of guns the Nazi's confiscated and the number of small arms cartridges that were confiscated.  The math worked out to about 12 rounds per firearm.

A typical owner of a semi-automatic pocket pistol might have one or two loaded magazines for that weapon and that was ALL.

But right now, I'm still skeptical that there is sufficient will to actually use any of this shit if it comes down to it.  (For shooting burglars…sure, but no one is going to need thousands of rounds for that.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm fucked I shot up all my .223 3 weeks ago. I was able to buy 100 rounds of Tula at Walmart today. That's all I have. I'll guess I'll have to wait till the panic is over. I do have 1k of 7.62x54r for my mosin .
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you dumped around $20,000.00 on shitty ammo.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I have all I will ever need already.

If SHTF i will run out of luck long before I run out of ammo.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#40]
hillbilly buttfuck math
View Quote

Neckbeard!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol, I said that and was told I was a trailer and hated America.  Go figure if you make a buck because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obama is possibly the greatest gun and ammo salesman of all times.

Lol, I said that and was told I was a trailer and hated America.  Go figure if you make a buck because of it.

No you didn't say that,  YOU SAID YOU WOULD VOTE FOR OBAMA FOR A THIRD TERM TO KEEP AMMO PRICES HIGH so you were saying that you would sell out your country for a profit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll argue that we have far more stashed away than our own law enforcement agencies do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a very good chance that the citizens of the US collectively have more small arms and ammo than just about any single military force in the world.
I'll argue that we have far more stashed away than our own law enforcement agencies do.  

they will still be able to buy it after the ban, and your dog is in danger.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's the one in Buda, how much is the .308 going for?

Goose Island Sales has it at this price. Bought some this morning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
 The  domestic ammunition manufacturers have been running flat-out,  3 shifts,  7 days  a week since 2008.

ALL of their production  is selling, most at retail.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have all I will ever need already.

If SHTF i will run out of luck long before I run out of ammo.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When do you think this panic will end? Im broke right now, but Ill charge a boat load to credit if people really think 556 as a whole will somehow get banned
View Quote

No.   Don't let the pannicky jackasses goad you into buying on credit.    I have mucho dinero to play with, but still only bought a few cases.  

You have to resist the panic using the logical part of your mind.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#48]
One day, I am going to go to Cabela's here in Wheeling and go right to the 22/223 ammo aisle and tell everyone to look up at the ceiling so I can count the neckbeards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#49]
hope you can count to zero. :rolleyes:
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Seriously considering buying 25k rounds and neckbearding them. 31cpr for 193...could sell for ????

My biggest issue is getting 1000 lbs of ammo delivered then shipped.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top