Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:05:24 PM EDT
I went to Cabelas after work this afternoon to check the bargain cave but decided to stop by the ammo area for some .308 that is on sale.

Someone mentioned the Federal American Eagle 5.56 being on sale for around $6.50/box of 20 so I thought "Fuck it, I will pick up 100 rounds" I walked over and there was roughly 55k rounds of that and PMC on sale. I grabbed a case of 500 and walked over to the bargain cave for about 9 minutes. When I came back to see the 308 ammo, everyone was stacking cases in their carts. They said they just went through 55k rounds in 49 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's the one in Buda, how much is the .308 going for?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's the one in Buda, how much is the .308 going for?
View Quote

Yes sir. I bought some Privi brass 145gr for $11.99 a box
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Obama is possibly the greatest gun and ammo salesman of all times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope this means the neckbeards will move away from .22 now. I wonder which caliber will have the largest profit margin for them?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Consumer driven shortages, yay!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ain't no "possibly" about it.

There's not even a close second.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I went to Cabelas after work this afternoon to check the bargain cave but decided to stop by the ammo area for some .308 that is on sale.

Someone mentioned the Federal American Eagle 5.56 being on sale for around $6.50/box of 20 so I thought "Fuck it, I will pick up 100 rounds" I walked over and there was roughly 55k rounds of that and PMC on sale. I grabbed a case of 500 and walked over to the bargain cave for about 9 minutes. When I came back to see the 308 ammo, everyone was stacking cases in their carts. They said they just went through 55k rounds in 49 minutes.
View Quote

Good for Cabela's but damn that is a shit-ton of goods to move in 49 minutes...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well more accurately Obama + the NRA.  Give us money, he's out to get us, buy guns, buy ammo its all over!

Hell even if the sky was falling all these asses would still try and make a buck while the ship was sinking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Merica
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was thinking that tonight as well.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Drove up to the Cabela's in KC after work to try and grab some of that PMC.  Didn't see any.  Asked an employee and pointed to the ad in my hand.  All gone.  They had 5 pallets and it was all sold by noon.  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're all in collusion.  At least we'll all be shooting more.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
So 55 cases gone that quick huh.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Panic in full swing here. Walmart stripped.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Only 55k rounds? Psssh
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]

what caused this latest panic for "normal" / non armored personnel carrier piercing  5.56??

Does that mean the 4,400 rounds of m855 I purchased on M855-D-Day for ~ .36667/rd can be flipped @ ~$1 to $1.50? This is better than the stock market !

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Only 55k rounds? Psssh
View Quote

Pretty sure you posted pics of much more
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought more than 55k rounds In one order when I saw the ban on 855. Bunch of amateurs around here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I hate the shortage, but it warms my heart thinking about the volume of ammo that's being stored in people's homes rater than warehouses and store shelves.  I'm guessing that Americans are more heavily armed now than any other time in history.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't believe we are in a panic again. What a drag. I have been stocking up for a year, so I am ready this time. But still, what a drag. Wonder how long it will go on this time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what caused this latest panic for "normal" / non armored personnel carrier piercing  5.56??

Does that mean the 4,400 rounds of m855 I purchased on M855-D-Day for ~ .36667/rd can be flipped @ ~$1 to $1.50? This is better than the stock market !

View Quote

Everybody's cousins buddy heard on the radio that Obama just banned all the assault rifle ammo for their Mini 14. Better buy it now cause you'll never be able to shoot at railroad ties (and miss) ever again once it's gone!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So 55 cases gone that quick huh.
View Quote

It was fucking ridiculous. I stood there and dudes would grab 1 case then reach for another then another. I already had some in my cart and was just standing there watching in awe
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't believe we are in a panic again. What a drag. I have been stocking up for a year, so I am ready this time. But still, what a drag. Wonder how long it will go on this time.
View Quote

Funny isn't it. No matter how much you have when these panics hit you want to buy more
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I bought more than 55k rounds In one order when I saw the ban on 855. Bunch of amateurs around here.
View Quote
Pics?

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prove it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well yeah I ordered 13 pallets of M855 but to see that much ammo go in that short of time in person is wow
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Suppose the government had good information that the Chinese were going to invade us or aliens.... how could they do a better job to get more people armed and ready than they're doing by regularly threatening guns and ammo sparking these major panics and stampedes?

How much ammo does the average militia man in Croatia or Bosnia or Syria expend in the course of defending home from savages over the course of a year?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

But you can't buy a membership?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the beginning of this past ammo panic, Wideners sold almost a million and a half rounds of IMI 5.56 in about 4 hours and that was with their website going down multiple times. LOL
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda what I was thinking
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I maybe an amateur, but I'm an amateur Team Member.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

At the beginning of this past ammo panic, Wideners sold almost a million and a half rounds of IMI 5.56 in about 4 hours and that was with their website going down multiple times. LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amateurs... AIM sold around 2 million in about an hour last Friday afternoon, if I interpreted the numbers in that thread right. By the time I saw the email, I was about 30 mins too late. I think their qty dropped by about 500+ cases at once, it looked like.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I hope this means the neckbeards will move away from .22 now. I wonder which caliber will have the largest profit margin for them?
View Quote
My crystal ball is indicating this.

(already picked up 10 .22lr bricks at normal prices.)
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I think at least until 2016 elections
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
By the end of the week, there will be more small arms ammunition in private US citizen hands than has been fired in all the wars Since the invention of the metallic cartridge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#37]
All of your 5.56/.223 are belong to us.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
you can get xm193 for the same price as wolf steel case right now.  now is the time to buy.  i have over 25k of 5.56 various manufacturers.  some i bought for for as little as .15 per round.  those days are gone for ever.  .30/round is the new norm for now.  i save all my brass and will start to reload soon.  i buy steel when it's a good deal and that is strictly go to the range and shoot 500+ rounds at at wack type of deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I couldn't help it, I just grabbed 1,500 more.

Must. Resist.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah I picked up a few rounds today and now it's all gone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Politically Consumer driven shortages, yay!
View Quote

Fixed to reflect the reality of the situation. Which came first---the chicken or the egg? The anti-gun politician/bureaucrat or the "neckbearder"/prepper who can sense either a profit or a storm (or both) in the wind?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I agree. I used to think this about bill clinton way back in the 90's and early 2000's. However, obama has proven, beyond a shadow of any doubt whatsoever, that I was wrong about bill. Yeah, bill is a philandering jackass with a fetish for young, fat, girls and cigars but---when it comes to gun and ammo sales---no one can hold a candle to obama right now.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, I said that and was told I was a trailer and hated America.  Go figure if you make a buck because of it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

i watched 1.5 million .22's go in  less that 2 hrs
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Drove up to the Cabela's in KC after work to try and grab some of that PMC.  Didn't see any.  Asked an employee and pointed to the ad in my hand.  All gone.  They had 5 pallets and it was all sold by noon.  

Oh well.
View Quote

Ugh! ~!@#$%^&* you, obama! ~!@#$%^&* you with a chainsaw---and all of your damn co-horts, too!
We were just barely getting over the post sandy hook ammo squeeze and now this! Jesus Christ----the longer I live and the older I get the more I hate statists and commies!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
How much was the PMC?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't know about where you're at, but in my AO between Rush, Fox, and whatever else mainstream outlets came out today, people are FUCKING GOING APESHIT over any 556/223. WalMart is still cleaned out of ZQI except the big cans. The next place I stop there are two fudds at the counter asking if they had any bulk 223, I have never seen this before. I had been mulling over grabbing some of the Independence IMI for $6.99 from another shop but I've kinda blown the budget between Fed XM855 and ZQI M855 cleanouts. They only had 700 rounds if the Ind/IMI left, and I was going to grab the half case but decided to hold off and try my luck at more ZQI. Got out the door, jumped in my truck and had a change of heart. Another truck had pulled up as I walked out, and as I go back in to grab it the guy walks out of the store with the 500 round case. I did grab the last 200 rounds.

I stop by the Sportsman's Warehouse, as I walk back some dude has the last three 1K cases left in the store of XM193 and Fed 223 (at $400 a case) in a cart and is headed for the checkout. There are three dudes, two with mullets standing in front of the "cheap ammo" case doing hillbilly buttfuck math trying to decide what to buy. I want the Ind/IMI left on the shelf, 40 boxes to be exact to round out one case with what I bought at the other store. I wait patiently for 10-15 minutes (listening to mind-bending herp and derp about bullet weights and .22LR is just as effective as .223 if you want to shoot cops) for them to make their selection, as I didn't want to be rude and grab it off the shelf if they wanted some. I'm getting fed up with waiting and one guy's all like to his buddies "I just wanna shoot my Mini 14, blah blah". I lie to the guy and tell him he can't shoot 5.56 in his Mini 14 or he'll blow his face off and ask if they want any of the IMI 556. They decline and I clean the shelf of the remaining 40 boxes, at which time one of them asks "can you pass me four boxes of those", I ignore him and grab the last few. Fuck em, they had their shot.

They ended up being on sale too, $6.99 a box or 35 CPR. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Sitting this one out, just like I did the last one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where!?!

Few places here I can still only get 1 box of 50 at a time...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How much was the PMC?
View Quote

$99/300rd with shitty ammo can included
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top