Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I watched "Absence of Malice" last night.

Paul Newman flick.

I told my wife I would watch it if I didn't have to listen to her gushing over Paul Newman every time there was a scene with him in it.

She assured me I had nothing to be concerned about, as the late Mr. Newman has been DEAD for a decade.

That didn't stop her from gushing, or from me rolling my eyes and face-palming.

My wife always calls him DOCTOR Spock because she knows that makes my skin crawl too.

Yay Spock. We hardly knew ye.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Been bumming about this all morning.

I'm no hardcore Trekkie... but have always been a fan of the (original) series and the actors. A world without Spock is a little less bright.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
RIP Spock
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
"Sources said that paramedics on the scene didn't want to take any risks with the star, opting instead to get him in front of a doctor as soon as possible. "

Really ? They said that ?

Sorry to hear of his passing. I was never a real big fan of Star Trek but it was a decent show.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
He lived long and Prospered  

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
ya this bummed me out all day. Big fan and sorta a trekkie i spose. Grew up watching original series  and all the movies with my dad who is also a big fan. I was and always shall be your fan.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He seemed like an all-around good guy.  Good sport too, always showing up places, doing cameos, etc, and never seeming to take himself too seriously.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm no hardcore Trekkie... but have always been a fan of the (original) series and the actors. A world without Spock is a little less bright.

He seemed like an all-around good guy.  Good sport too, always showing up places, doing cameos, etc, and never seeming to take himself too seriously.

Yup!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was. Same with Jimmy Doohan (who played Scotty).

William Shatner is a complete ass, so of course he'll live forever.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Star Trek star Leonard Nimoy was taken to UCLA Medical Center after complaining of severe chest pains.

The 83-year-old suffers from COPD - chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - and TMZ reported that he was rushed to the center after a 911 call on February 19.

Sources said that paramedics on the scene didn't want to take any risks with the star, opting instead to get him in front of a doctor as soon as possible.

The actor has has previously spoken about his struggle with COPD, which makes it increasingly difficult to breathe.  

Leonard - famous for his portrayal of Commander Spock - has been in and out of hospitals multiple times throughout the last few months, following his announcement that he suffers from the potentially fatal lung disease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2965749/Star-Trek-star-Leonard-Nimoy-rushed-hospital-severe-chest-pains.html

View Quote

"He's dead, Jim"
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
No Genesis Project to save him this time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No Genesis Project to save him this time.
View Quote

Bury him in this

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For you smokers (yes, I realize he may have not been one) this is your future.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Chekhov and Uhuru aren't really "main" characters. I suppose Takei would qualify, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad. Even more sad when one considers that Bones and Scotty are also dead, so now we're left with Shatner the asshole amongst the "main" characters.

Chekhov and Uhuru are still alive, as well as "Oh my..."

Chekhov and Uhuru aren't really "main" characters. I suppose Takei would qualify, though.

Not main characters????????????????????????
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed, and my respects for former USAF Sgt. Nimoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Live long and prosper.

Prayers for an American Icon.

Yes, prayrs. Not being able to take a breath is my least favorite way to go.

Agreed, and my respects for former USAF Sgt. Nimoy.

He also had a very brief role as an Army Sgt in "Them!"

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad. Even more sad when one considers that Bones and Scotty are also dead, so now we're left with Shatner the asshole amongst the "main" characters.

Chekhov and Uhuru are still alive, as well as "Oh my..."

I would argue that in TOS that was very much true. Shatter and Nimory were the main characters however all the main crew became cult stars after cancelation. Ururha, Checkov and Sulu continued as supporting roles in the Motion Picture and graduated to main characters by WoK.

You have to admit that all of TOS crew were at best 2nd rate actors until the success and cult revival of ST. If it weren't for TOS and what led on, all of them would have just been 'extras' in whatever gigs they could secure. None were great actors but I'd argue that Shatner grew into a *good* actor with the ability to capitalize on his on schtick.

I did know that Nimoy became a fairly successful director but what I didn't know is that he directed Three men and a baby.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Doohan came to speak at one of the colleges I attended.  I wasn't into Trek then and didn't attend, which I will always regret.

But apparently he got into the sauce a little bit and went on and on about what a prick Shatner is.  He said that if a cameraman or someone else from the filming crew brought his family to the set to see it, Shatner would hit on the guy's wife right in front of him and their kids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was. Same with Jimmy Doohan (who played Scotty).

William Shatner is a complete ass, so of course he'll live forever.

Doohan came to speak at one of the colleges I attended.  I wasn't into Trek then and didn't attend, which I will always regret.

But apparently he got into the sauce a little bit and went on and on about what a prick Shatner is.  He said that if a cameraman or someone else from the filming crew brought his family to the set to see it, Shatner would hit on the guy's wife right in front of him and their kids.

Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't. All I know is Shatner went out of his way to "make things right" with Doohan, before he died. Doohan forgave him, BTW and they buried the hatchet.

Nimoy long defended Shatner and was close friends with him. Besmirching Shatner's name in a thread about Nimoy is a strange way to honor his memory.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#23]

A pleasant part of my childhood is gone forever now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top