BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, I mustn't.  I've seen all that shit years ago and it's all lies, half-truths and misrepresentations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXH5lwMBNi
Evidence of Global Flood<>Scientific Review (secular presentation /must see in entirety)

No, I mustn't.  I've seen all that shit years ago and it's all lies, half-truths and misrepresentations.

I'm almost sure at this point and after listening to quite a lot of this sort of negative and unproductive rhetoric from you as a pattern and as a matter of record now, that you would know quite a lot about the subjects about which you speak of here.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
So.....

Why go to all that trouble?  Sinking continents, flooding the earth, making some poor dude build a huge boat.  Why did he not just snap his fingers and give everyone he wanted dead a massive coronary?  

Or better yet why not create people who wouldn't piss him off in the first place?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Now Noah was 600 years old when the deluge came and water covered the earth. So Noah, his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives entered the ark because of the waters of the deluge (or because of the great and universal flood now coming upon the whole earth).
From the clean animals (seven pairs each), unclean animals (two pairs each), birds (clean and unclean), and every creature that crawls on the ground, two of each male, and female, entered the ark with Noah, just as God had commanded him (or commanded them).

Seven days latter the waters of the deluge (or great flood) came upon the earth (or came upon the earth covering all but the mountainous areas left to be flooded completely).

The First Old Testament Book of the Holy Christian Bible
Genesis 7: 6-9
Entering the Ark: Salvation for the Clean and the Unclean
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So.....

Why go to all that trouble?  Sinking continents, flooding the earth, making some poor dude build a huge boat.  Why did he not just snap his fingers and give everyone he wanted dead a massive coronary?  

Or better yet why not create people who wouldn't piss him off in the first place?
View Quote

Well, doesn't science answer these questions concerning a conscious effort on man's part to be able to reason such wonderments in a satisfactory manner for himself to be enlightened by?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, doesn't science answer these questions concerning a conscious effort on man's part to be able to reason such wonderments in a satisfactory manner for himself to be enlightened by?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So.....

Wait... Now you want to talk science?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm almost sure at this point and after listening to quite a lot of this sort of negative and unproductive rhetoric from you as a pattern and as a matter of record now, that you would know quite a lot about the subjects about which you speak of here.

Jim
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evidence of Global Flood<>Scientific Review (secular presentation /must see in entirety)

Jim

As opposed to seeing you disgorge a series of articles and videos from Creationist sources that were discredited decades ago?  These battles were fought long ago and you already lost.  This whole thing has been hashed and rehashed here hundreds of times over the last 17 years.  Nothing new is going to be said and when you Creationists are presented with evidence you ignore it. You've done it already in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So.....

He has a rather distorted idea of what science is and what it does.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As opposed to seeing you disgorge a series of articles and videos from Creationist sources that were discredited decades ago?  These battles were fought long ago and you already lost.  This whole thing has been hashed and rehashed here hundreds of times over the last 17 years.  Nothing new is going to be said and when you Creationists are presented with evidence you ignore it. You've done it already in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim

Well, then you have the express power of spiritual discernment as Jesus did when He walked the earth, if you can make such a claim about this particular video lumping it into a certain group without watching it first yes?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#9]
"A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit; on the other hand, a bad tree doesn't produce good fruit (or an end product resulting from righteousness). For each tree is known by its own fruit. Figs aren't gathered from thornbushes, or grapes picked from a bramble bush (or from a row of choking brambles; or necessarily within the confines of a location where grapes are often found).

A good man produces good (or produces godliness) out of the storeroom of his heart.
An evil man produces evil (or produces ungodliness) out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow (or from the overflow of sin and foolishness) out of his heart (or out of a weary soul which delivers nothing of value to the spirit of that man)."

The Words of Jesus Christ and Direct Commentary in Red
The Gospel of Saint Luke; 6: 43-45
A Tree and Its Fruit: The Good Tree and the Evil Man
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Just quit, dude. You're giving Christianity a bad name...

Geez...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Geez...
View Quote

Sir, I submit to you that you are not no matter how you may feel about me personally.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sir, I submit to you that you are not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez...

You're right he isn't you are...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez...

Then you speak as a Christian yourself correct?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Every sensible person
acts knowledgably,
but a fool displays his stupidity.

A wicked messenger falls
into trouble,
but a trustworthy courier
brings healing.

Poverty and disgrace
come to those
who ignore instruction,
but the one who accepts
rebuke will be honored.

Desire fulfilled is sweet
to the taste,
but fools hate to turn from evil.

The Proverbs of Solomon
Proverbs 13: 16-19
The Sensible and the Fool
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I consider myself a Christian.  I'm sure SAE and a few others will say otherwise and that I'm going to Hell.  I guess we will see.

Christians need to evolve their interpretations of the Bible.  They simply do not hold water in modern society.  If Christianity wants to remain viable it's going to need to accept what we have learned through science.

The Catholics seem to see this and are getting with the program.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez...

You're right he isn't you are... Giving Christianity a bad name.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, then you have the express power of spiritual discernment as Jesus did when He walked the earth, if you can make such a claim about this particular video lumping it into a certain group without watching it first yes?
View Quote

Not going to waste my time with it.  I know what you believe and if it supports what you believe, then it's ignoring the facts.  I don't get my facts from popularized videos anyway.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#18]
An observation about the Epic of Gilgamesh posted earlier.

A square ark would make much more sense.  If you have an unpowered boat in rough seas square would make you less likely to get capsized.

Just MHO though I am most certainly not a Naval Architect.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I consider myself a Christian.  I'm sure SAE and a few others will say otherwise and that I'm going to Hell.  I guess we will see.

Christians need to evolve their interpretations of the Bible.  They simply do not hold water in modern society.  If Christianity wants to remain viable it's going to need to accept what we have learned through science.

The Catholics seem to see this and are getting with the program.
View Quote

In a certain way, it is not that I cannot see the point that you are trying to communicate here.
However, in Spirit and by the standard of truth which is Jesus Christ, we therefore, the born-again by the Spirit of God, cannot, and will never accept your statement and premise about your so-called, "getting with the program," and about, "evolution," and so forth.
The teachings and understood precepts of the Holy word of God are clear!
Man may change and sensually evolve in his ideas and concepts concerning his own spirituality, but the word of God never will according to the never-changing sovereignty of the Almighty God.
It is also known by some that, "God in His own righteousness cannot tell a lie."
We, the righteousness of God in Christ, will stand on this declaration and at all times.
You are in error.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not give up. Instead, we have renounced shameful secret things, not walking in deceit or distorting God's message, but in God's sight we commend ourselves to every person's conscience by an open display of the truth.

But if, in fact, our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
Regarding them: the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers
so they cannot see the light of the gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.

The Epistle and Holy Teachings of God by the Apostle Paul to the Corinthians
The New Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God; 2nd Corinthians 4: 1-4
The Light of the Gospel: The Fortification of the Received Mercy From Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh, that description was directed at him, not those who fell for his shtick. I've been quite clear on the point that I believe most Protestants layman are simply mistaken at worst, and that I do not question their faith or love of the Lord.

However, those who read Scripture (the part they don't throw out first because it disagrees with their ideas, but then yell "Sola Scriptura!" at everybody), and then teach others a bunch of stuff that is nowhere in Scripture or history? They get a good ol' deserved blasting from me. Blind guides, and all that.

I'll remind you that I've been on both sides of the fence. I know know which is the right one, and it was right all along.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnMwW-GAKvA
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account; evidence of Moses the Legislator existing who wrote the Genesis account concerning the great food or deluge)
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And there are millions of us that simply disagree with you on all of that.

Oh, and "Sola Scriptura".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, that description was directed at him, not those who fell for his shtick. I've been quite clear on the point that I believe most Protestants layman are simply mistaken at worst, and that I do not question their faith or love of the Lord.

However, those who read Scripture (the part they don't throw out first because it disagrees with their ideas, but then yell "Sola Scriptura!" at everybody), and then teach others a bunch of stuff that is nowhere in Scripture or history? They get a good ol' deserved blasting from me. Blind guides, and all that.

I'll remind you that I've been on both sides of the fence. I know know which is the right one, and it was right all along.

And there are millions of us that simply disagree with you on all of that.

Oh, and "Sola Scriptura".

I know, and the billion or so on my side still love you all, despite the untruths spoken by some about us.

Oh, and Prima Scriptura.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account)
View Quote

Meh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKvuz_eulk
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It is the Arabic letter, "N," for the word Nazarene.

It is currently being placed on the doors of homes and businesses of Christians in the Middle East by Islamic extremists and the like.

This means that, they have been marked to pay a tax for now partially ensuring their safety, or have been ordered to forfeit their houses and properties to the Islamic state, or to be executed as infidels by the state if they do not convert after a certain period of time to Islam..

It is a sign and honor to stand with them in solidarity now.

I'm sure much more may be required latter..

Ok?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Believe as you wish.

Not a problem with me.

Mind if I ask what your sig picture is?  I've seen it around here before and I was curious.

It is currently being placed on the doors of homes and businesses of Christians in the Middle East by Islamic extremists and the like.

This means that, they have been marked to pay a tax for now partially ensuring their safety, or have been ordered to forfeit their houses and properties to the Islamic state, or to be executed as infidels by the state if they do not convert after a certain period of time to Islam..

Ok?

Do what ARFCOMERS usually do to show solidarity....

Get a tattoo.

That wil show your sincerity, earnestness, and commitment better than

anything.

Hell, anyone can daub a little paint on a door.

It takes a real ARFCOMER to ink for the cause
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh, not really.

Me and my buddy Zaphod aren't going to fight about anything.  We are just picking at each other.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, not really.

Me and my buddy Zaphod aren't going to fight about anything.  We are just picking at each other.

Killjoy.

edit:  And I really wasn't limiting it to you two.  There are pages of back and forth between Christians on this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, I just love that percolator helmet and stuff..
Thanks Shane!!
Jim
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#32]

I will say this.... Between those of good will and an earnest desire to know and understand the Truth, few things are as enjoyable as a good Bible fight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I don't get people who scream "Sola Scriptura" in general.

It's not like Christ was hanging on the cross:

"Peter, Peter, when I am gone you must continue my work and spread my message to the people through the church."

"Of course Jesus!"

"But wait Peter, I have made you a guide book, called he Bible. I want you to closely follow it and look to it exclusively as to how to teach the word,"

"A book! Brilliant, Lord! Where is it? I shall learn to read and follow it to the letter!"

"Well I haven't quite gotten around to writing it. It's going to be a two parter, first we will gather the early Jewish texts, and then I want all of you to write about my life and my message."

"Ok, great - uh - which Jewish texts?"

"Just the good ones."

"Um ok, right, so we should all write about what we remember. Great I will get scribes and everyone together and get this done."

"Oh, don't get in a big rush. I'm thinking maybe wait several decades after your death before we commit it to paper. Let it breathe."

"Um, ok, but then we gather them all into a book and call it the Holy Bible! And we just follow that, right?"

"Yes. I was thinking in 300-400 years later you could get a committee together and put it all together."

"Well, what do we do for the first 300 years?"

"Oh I am sure you will work it out. Oh hey and Peter, I know this sounds weird, being that he original construction of the Bible will be guided by the Holy Spirit and all, but around 1500 years from now I think I will make an edit and take out a few of the books. So, you know, only  use that as the one real true Bible."

"Your will is done!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks Shane!!
Jim
View Quote

I can't take credit for it.  I grabbed it years ago when someone else posted it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Get a tattoo.

anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Believe as you wish.
Not a problem with me.

Mind if I ask what your sig picture is?  I've seen it around here before and I was curious.

Ok?

Get a tattoo.

anything.

Never really thought about it, but do want to secure a place in Arfcom martyrdom though.
So where do you suggest that I get one bru?....
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can't take credit for it.  I grabbed it years ago when someone else posted it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Shane!!
Jim

Still appropriate and cool like a mule though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do.

For the overwhelming majority of them, it is a fervent desire to truly understand the Will of God, and I see absolutely zero wrong with it, even if they are grossly mistaken.

For the remaining few, however, and especially for the clown who came up with the idea in the first place, it was more about not wanting to be under the authority of the descendant of Peter as Vicar of Christ on Earth. In other words, it was a rebellion founded in wanting to amass power for themselves. This was why Luther had to choppa Scriptura before he sola Scripturad.

No, I don't blame the common folk one bit, and I even admire their dedication and faith. I'm fairly confident the Lord knows their hearts and feels the same way. As for the people who did and continue to mislead them...... Well, for them I truly fear...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account; further evidence of Moses the Legislator who wrote the Genesis account of the great flood or the catastrophic deluge of Noah's day)

Meh

Man, them brothers and sisters in there are kind of scary..
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]
It's story that was taken from another much older religion.
Basically the Black sea was once a huge fresh water great lake after the ice age in a heavily populated for the time region. Many populations of people inhabited the shores of a once much smaller shallower fresh water great lake.
An earth quake (or rising water levels at the tail end of the ice age combined after many days of soaking rains) are thought to have occurred which opened up, like a damn bursting and the Mediterranean sea in the area now known as Istanbul modern day Turkey poured into this region with a tidal wave estimated to be hundreds of feet.
Evidence today of settlements exist at the bottom of the old shoreline along with water fresh water mollusks that could not have lived in sea water along with fresh water fish remains buried in the bottom mud.
This is where the story of the 'world' flooding came from. To those cultures living anywhere near that historic disaster the 'world' did flood. The story got passed down for thousands of years and got written into several other religions.
Perhaps there was a fisherman that everyone laughed at for have such a huge house boat with all his live stock on it...hence the kernel of truth to the story.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's story that was taken from another much older religion.

Basically the Black sea was once a huge fresh water great lake after the ice age in a heavily populated for the time region. Many populations of people inhabited the shores of a once much smaller shallower fresh water great lake.

An earth quake (or rising water levels at the tail end of the ice age combined after many days of soaking rains) are thought to have occurred which opened up, like a damn bursting and the Mediterranean sea in the area now known as Istanbul modern day Turkey poured into this region with a tidal wave estimated to be hundreds of feet.

Evidence today of settlements exist at the bottom of the old shoreline along with water fresh water mollusks that could not have lived in sea water along with fresh water fish remains buried in the bottom mud.

This is where the story of the 'world' flooding came from. To those cultures living anywhere near that historic disaster the 'world' did flood. The story got passed down for thousands of years and got written into several other religions.

Perhaps there was a fisherman that everyone laughed at for have such a huge house boat with all his live stock on it...hence the kernel of truth to the story.

View Quote

Yes, that story has already been presented in this thread via youtube video..
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account; further evidence of Moses the Legislator who wrote the Genesis account of the great flood or the catastrophic deluge of Noah's day)

Meh

Great Grand Uncles & Ants
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

"Peter, Peter, when I am gone you must continue my work and spread my message to the people through the church."

"Of course Jesus!"

"But wait Peter, I have made you a guide book, called he Bible. I want you to closely follow it and look to it exclusively as to how to teach the word,"

"A book! Brilliant, Lord! Where is it? I shall learn to read and follow it to the letter!"

"Well I haven't quite gotten around to writing it. It's going to be a two parter, first we will gather the early Jewish texts, and then I want all of you to write about my life and my message."

"Just the good ones."

"Um ok, right, so we should all write about what we remember. Great I will get scribes and everyone together and get this done."

"Oh, don't get in a big rush. I'm thinking maybe wait several decades after your death before we commit it to paper. Let it breathe."

"Um, ok, but then we gather them all into a book and call it the Holy Bible! And we just follow that, right?"

"Yes. I was thinking in 300-400 years later you could get a committee together and put it all together."

"Oh I am sure you will work it out. Oh hey and Peter, I know this sounds weird, being that he original construction of the Bible will be guided by the Holy Spirit and all, but around 1500 years from now I think I will make an edit and take out a few of the books. So, you know, only  use that as the one real true Bible."

"Your will is done!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Of course Jesus!"

"Just the good ones."

"Your will is done!"

This is what I mentioned earlier.

Even if the Bible was inspired by God (which I believe it was), it was written by man. Edited by man. Compiled by man.

Man is fallible, even the "holiest". There will be things added, that men wanted to be added... things are removed, that men wanted to be removed. There are parables and narratives very similar to other religions. I really wonder what texts are out there that we are missing...

And that is why I believe that many parts of the Bible shouldn't be taken literally, and why I also believe that science and religion can happily coexist as long as the religion does not refuse to recognize advancements.

I sincerely believe that God does NOT us to remain ignorant, but rather to utilize the brains we were given and view the universe as the astounding place that it is.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account; further evidence of Moses the Legislator who wrote the Genesis account of the great flood or the catastrophic deluge of Noah's day /Dr. Frank Moore Cross; Professor Emeritus-Harvard University)

Meh

wit raisins
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

wit raisins
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh

wit raisins

That Racist
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You and SAE are made for each other.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

wit raisins
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Exodus of Israel from Egypt"<>Hard Evidence in the Red Sea (Archaic Biblical Account; further evidence of Moses the Legislator who wrote the Genesis account of the great flood or the catastrophic deluge of Noah's day /Dr. Frank Moore Cross; Professor Emeritus-Harvard University)

Meh

wit raisins

Ok.
Witout rasins..
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#47]
If you believe that God created the heavens and the earth in seven days is it unacceptable to believe he could handle a logistical operation and resettlement?

Truly, you or I could never figure out a way to get all those different species on one ship, but than again we couldn't figure out to form matter on our own either.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you believe that God created the heavens and the earth in seven days is it unacceptable to believe he could handle a logistical operation and resettlement?

Truly, you or I could never figure out a way to get all those different species on one ship, but than again we couldn't figure out to form matter on our own either.

View Quote

Say what now?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Say what now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say what now?

I think this brother is starting to sound like me C.H...
Could be a problem..
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fine - I will watch this shit later. And when I pick it apart later, then what?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top