Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
we were driving from Houston to WY, a pretty long drive for her.
she fell asleep in New Mexico, and upon awakening she grumpily demanded an explanation for all the CO plates she was seeing...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She only dreamed it because you have done it or are planning on doing it. It has to be true because the dream was so real..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The worst I can think of is the wife dreamt that I cheated on her.  She was not happy with me for the day.

I've been subjected to that too....how's that our fault?

She only dreamed it because you have done it or are planning on doing it. It has to be true because the dream was so real..

Happened to me, too!  All of her friends agreed with her that I must have done something to cause her to have that dream...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
we were driving from Houston to WY, a pretty long drive for her.
she fell asleep in New Mexico, and upon awakening she grumpily demanded an explanation for all the CO plates she was seeing...
View Quote

My wife was navigating when we drove to a friend's new house.  Friend gave us a handrawn map as the area was not on any GPS yet.  Wife said to look for UNNA  MED Road.  We drove around the area for 20 minutes looking for that damn road.  I finally stopped at a road without a street sign that we had passed several times.  Hey, Wifey, let me see the map.   Yup, there it was.  Not UNNA  MED Road.  Unnamed road.   .  Yes, she is blonde.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Frozen hash browns plus hot grease on a gas stove equals a melted hood fan and
a hell of a stink.

She was trying to make me breakfast in bed many years ago
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The implication being that he had a bad idea when he decided to marry me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My husband hasn't had a bad idea in the entire time I've known him.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

First two words disprove the rest of the post.

Hey, you're not that blonde after all.

(I realize I'm joking, right? )
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine recently attempted to de-ice her Ford ranger with boiling water, with predictable results. You'd think a mechanical engineering sophomore would have at least a basic understanding of thermal expansion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My husband hasn't had a bad idea in the entire time I've known him.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

First two words disprove the rest of the post.

Doesn't matter much, one way or the other, actually.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The push mower was acting up. So, what's a girl to do? Take a pair of pliers and pull on the carb springs....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The worst I can think of is the wife dreamt that I cheated on her.  She was not happy with me for the day.

Me too!  Damm glad to know I am not the only one!  my wife KNEW it was a dream, and was still pizzed at me all day  (I don't care, I am still mad at you)  

How the hell can you reason with that???  Finally said to hell with it & went hunting!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine like to:

1.Start refinishing furniture. I get to finish it.

2. Antique shopping. See 1.
View Quote

You have more than one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Keep the stories coming!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine recently attempted to de-ice her Ford ranger with boiling water, with predictable results. You'd think a mechanical engineering sophomore would have at least a basic understanding of thermal expansion.
View Quote

I know a bunch of mechanical engineering sophomores... 90% of them would do the same without a second thought
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Lol lovin this thread.

I have two somewhat related stories that span two generations and two Honda civics.

When I was a kid we had a fairly new Honda Civic. It got some small paint specks on it from driving by a bridge painting. While my Dad was at work, Mom decided to "fix it" by taking a scotch brite pad to the spots. When she saw that the finish looked different where she used the scotch brite pad, she did the entire car that way so it would all match.

Fast forward to this winter, and another fairly new Honda Civic. My wife was going out one saturday so I got up and scraped all the windows and brushed the snow off the car for her. There was just a thin layer of ice remaining on the hood/trunk/roof. My wife heads out the door and instead of hearing the car pull away, I hear scraping. I go outside and she's taking the ice scraper to the hood, roof, and trunk. I got outside and say "what are you doing? That'll scratch the paint. The cars already cleared off."  She looks up at me like a deer in the headlights for a long time, and then goes back to scraping. I just shook my head and went inside. Later I look out the window and see her squinting at and rubbing the newly installed scratches. Lol. When we had a thaw, I taught her how to use rubbing compound.

At least it wasn't a scotch brite pad.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would get the look for laughing too hard from mine.

My wife can't cook, doesn't wanna learn to cook, and has said she doesn't enjoy it so when I offered a couples cooking class she asked if I was high. Well she was making pop tarts in her old apartment one morning. The toaster dinged and she proceeded to grab a paper towel to get the pop tart out of the toaster because it was too hot to touch . Upon reaching for the pop tart, in all her nursing wisdom, she "accidentally" touched the element in the toaster causing the paper towel to catch fire. According to her she freaked out and started waving it around before throwing it in the sink and putting it out.

Needless to say, I don't really mind her not cooking, plus in my house the one who cooks gets a pass from doing dishes. Some nights I make sure to use extra dishes just cause I'm an ass .
View Quote

I see our wives are from the same Tribe. I've heard there were others.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know a bunch of mechanical engineering sophomores... 90% of them would do the same without a second thought
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a junior level course.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Back in college, my then-g/f now wife was changing the sheets on a waterbed we had back then.

She thought it was cute that the cat was on the (bare) waterbed chasing bubbles just under the surface...

....until she saw that there were now 87 pin holes in the waterbed and it was leaking like a spaghetti strainer. We were poor back then and could hardly afford a new mattress at the time.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About 15 years ago in February in Michigan after a typical BIG ASS SNOW STORM.

She came home from a grocery trip to town, drove around to the back yard in her 1994 Ford Explorer.  She was showing off to our sons & I as we watched from the patio door.

She gets up a head of speed and promptly BURIES the Explorer in a 4' snow drift.

The boys & I are laughing our asses off as she tries in vain to rock out.  Nothing but straight down.  Buried.  Sitting on the frame.  All four wheels spinning.

She forces open the door, pushing snow out of the way.  Wades to the house with a shit eatin' grin.

I tell the boys, 13 & 14 at the time "Go get that thing unstuck & you can drive it around some more."  Off like a flash they were.  About fifteen minutes later after some shoveling and tugging with the ATV they are out ridin' around like a boss.

Their BIG mistake was coming in the house & telling mom "Do you want a lesson in 4 wheeling?"

She says "Sure"  Out she goes, all three of them pile in.  She immediately heads for the same snow drift - yep buried again.  She forces the door open & wades to the house again while telling the boys to get it unstuck again.
View Quote

That is awesome upper Midwest family time right there!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I went to a week long training class out of town a few years back and my wife decided to re-paint our front door.  She sort of cleaned it up and proceeded to paint with a 2.5 inch angled brush.  I got home and she was very proud of her work. I looked at the door and the first thing I said was "what the hell did you do?"  She was pissed at me because she had worked hard and thought she did a good job.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#19]
What is it about the lowly potato?

I have been married more than 15 years.   She has rarely done anything bad or stupid.  Doubled up on the house payments without saying anything & paid the house off early - that type of girl.

A couple of weeks ago, she is making dinner.  Has a bag of small round potatoes - under 2" diameter.   In a pan, with some olive oil & spices - and in to the oven...

I am sitting at the counter, and hear "foomp".  Look in the oven & obviously one of the potatoes had detonated.  Wife says WTF?   I asked her if she had poked them with a fork...   LOL.   She wanted to know why I was just sitting there.  I asked her how many un-pierced potatoes of the same size were sitting in there at the same temperature...   She says "it would be pretty stupid to take that pan out right now"   Yup.   Somehow I still had to clean the oven.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife thought it'd be a great idea to sign my daughter up to play soccer. Which is fine except the fact that where she has to go for practice and games is in a town that's two hours away from where we live.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#21]
My ex wife went full horse chick.  

I had a beautiful Honda 400 Foreman, the first year they came out.  Cold blooded bastard but the power, oh the power.

She decided we would sell it to finance her horse adventures and like an idiot I agreed.  She then bought a horse, a lovely Paso Fino.  But then I learned she was pretty much afraid of horses.  Didn't stop her.  We bought a Belgian for me and then two Spotted Saddle Horses.  Spotted Saddle Horses are generic Tennessee Walkers.  Great horses, but blockheaded and NOT a beginner's horse.  I was raised around horses and mules, I could ride anything.  Her?  

We then bought everything needed to cart all the horse shit around.  Ford F-250 10 Cyl.  Giant horse trailer with living quarters.  The list goes on and on.

We are divorced.  Have been for about 15 years.  It only cost me $50,000.  God I miss that 4 wheeler.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#22]
These are great!
I don't have many because I've only been married for a year, but she is blonde .

Vigorously scrubbing a crock-pot bowl while it sits in the BLACK granite sink.  Yeah, the bottom of the bowl is as rough as a bench grinding wheel.  The sink is pretty screwed up .

She was going to run some errands and asked if I needed anything from Home Depot.  We were having  a huge outdoor party the next weekend so I was tidying up the pole barn and such.  I said "grab some of those Contractor Grade big ass garbage bags and 8 outdoor high wattage flood light bulbs please".  "okay".  She never asked a question so I assumed she knew what I was talking about.....mistake.  She returned a while later proud as punch with the awesome deal she got on what I 'needed'. "it was on clearance!!!"  I grab the bulbs......soft white like 70 watt..I was like.  I look at the bags.... tall kitchen sized... I was like.  She see's my look of WTF and quickly stomps off in a huff and would not speak to me the rest of the day.

The vacuum cleaner was not picking up very well so she said "this thing sucks (Dyson Animal)...lets get a new one.  I look at the canister to see that you couldn't possibly fit a single molecule in there let alone more dog fur.  She said " Like that's going to make it pick up any better!"  Me: .  While emptying the bin I ask her to check the roll brush to make sure it's not completely wrapped in her blonde hair.  she says "why? What difference does it make?"  Me: just do it.  "just a little bit" she says.  I walk over to see that you can't see the brushes hardly at all!  30 minutes with a knife and wouldn't you know it.... worked like new again!  Standing there watching her vacuum with my arms crossed and a look like this on my face had her!

Some of the questions she comes up with about hunting, mechanical stuff, shooting stuff, sports, etc. leave me wondering how in the hell she can find her way home sometimes.  She didn't grow up with a mechanically inclined father around so she never had exposure to these types of things till now.  I mostly just smile a little bit while I try to figure out the easiest way to help her understand without bringing on 87 more questions about the same thing.  She truly is a smart woman, but just talks faster than she can think sometimes I guess .
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for her use of tools. Most women wouldn't have even attempted that. Maybe she should have practiced by fluting barrels first.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hubby was having some difficulty chopping an awkwardly shaped piece of fatlighter oneevening, so he decided to put it between his feet to stabilize it. Now anyone that know anything about fatlighter knows that it's incredibly dense.  About 30 seconds and one big chop later, the hatchet had ricocheted off that piece of fatlighter and right into the front of his shin. Keep in mind that this was the same hatchet that had been used to behead chickens, chop kindling, and had had its blade buried in the dirt more times than can be counted. A week later, and he was on a massive regimen of antibiotics and getting x-rays to see if he was developing osteomyelitis.

He also has a fondness for swatting carpenter bees, and he has a homemade beeswatter made from a piece of hardware cloth fastened to a tomato stake. One summer, his swatter was rather worn, so he decided to make a new, somewhat larger beeswatter. The next afternoon, he was outside swatting bees when one flew straight for his face. Not yet used to the dimensions of his new swatter, he swung for the bee and sideswiped his noggin. He felt the blood running down the side of his face and neck and just knew he had knocked his ear off. Fortunately, he had only ripped up the cartilage at the top of his ear right where it attached to his head. Probably needed stitches, but he slapped some medicinal turpentine and medical tape on it and called it good.
View Quote

LOL!!

I tap the fatlighter till the edge of the hatchet or other small chopper sticks in it then just tap the combo till it splits. He's probably figured it out by now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Get divorced
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#26]
My wife, way back when we first started dating (our junior year in high school), bought me a flannel shirt. We were sitting outside, having a smoke, and she was messing with her lighter. Somehow she managed to set the fuzz on that brand new shirt on fire at some point on my arm, and it rather rapidly spread. I went from having a nice conversation with my hot girlfriend to being rather hot myself. Fortunately, it only burned the fuzz off the shirt and didn't cause me any injury, but I still give her shit about it 20 years later.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy Shit having your hair ripped out by a dremel tool had to hurt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I went to a week long training class out of town a few years back and my wife decided to re-paint our front door.  She sort of cleaned it up and proceeded to paint with a 2.5 inch angled brush.  I got home and she was very proud of her work. I looked at the door and the first thing I said was "what the hell did you do?"  She was pissed at me because she had worked hard and thought she did a good job.
View Quote

This is something I would do. I don't even know what's wrong with the brush she used.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll admit I've done that once or twice in my life.  Pretty sure I'm not alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife once cooked a frozen pizza without removing the cardboard from underneath it. When she opened the oven door to check on the pizza, the smoke filled the kitchen. We had to eat something else that night. I still rag her about it.

I'll admit I've done that once or twice in my life.  Pretty sure I'm not alone.

What did your husband say about it?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top