User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 120
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From the release:

ATF will accept comments for 30 days from the date this notification, which will be considered prior to finalizing the framework.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is this official or just a proposal atm?

From the release:

ATF will accept comments for 30 days from the date this notification, which will be considered prior to finalizing the framework.

Just want to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.
In a little over a month they will ban the sale of M855?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Link for best deal for M855?
View Quote

AMA DENEX M855 at SG Ammo

This is nice stuff - on strippers in sealed packs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That gives me an idea.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"sporting purposes"
What a crock of shit.  Fuck those assholes.  Im sure THEY will have plenty.
Incrementalism at its finest.
Assholes.

That gives me an idea.  

I just got a tingle up my leg!
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
One other item of note: in the section discussing removing the exemption for m855, there was this tidbit:

"With respect to the more than 30 requests received pursuant to section 478.148 that remain pending, the determination of whether to grant an exemption in a specific case will be made when the framework has been finalized. Those determinations will be conveyed separately to the respective requestors."

30 something people wrote to the atf asking about The legality of this exempted ammo. Are people this dumb, or was it an orchestrated campaign?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Group buy from SKD for bags of dicks to send to the ATF?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fucking ATF. Like they haven't screwed up enough shit lately.

Any way to get the NRA to make a stink about this?
View Quote

The first thing is for all to join.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
when in the fuck did people fall into the completely assfuked notion that the 2nd amendment has to do with sporting and hunting. fuck, so sick of this bullshit
View Quote

1968 GCA introduced that concept.

It needs to go to the SCOTUS. It is blatantly unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for reminding me that I need another case of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

One other item of note: in the section discussing removing the exemption for m855, there was this tidbit:

"With respect to the more than 30 requests received pursuant to section 478.148 that remain pending, the determination of whether to grant an exemption in a specific case will be made when the framework has been finalized. Those determinations will be conveyed separately to the respective requestors."

30 something people wrote to the atf asking about The legality of this exempted ammo. Are people this dumb, or was it an orchestrated campaign?
View Quote
Both....no doubt both

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1555/

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
So what the fuck? Mares leg? 30-30 is fucked? 12G pistols? how about fucking banning 12G?

How about fucking ban everything, assholes. fucking cunts. cocksuckers. rat fucking bastards.

CoC violation
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

when in the fuck did people fall into the completely assfuked notion that the 2nd amendment has to do with sporting and hunting. fuck, so sick of this bullshit

Agreed...but SCOTUS has been shying away from gun cases since Heller.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
What warrants this kind of shit?

I mean, do they have some sort of "what else can we do to piss off tax paying, law abiding citizens" quota they need to meet every year?

Or I suppose they just hold meetings every month and discuss what else they could ban just for shits and giggles.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That gives me an idea.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"sporting purposes"
What a crock of shit.  Fuck those assholes.  Im sure THEY will have plenty.
Incrementalism at its finest.
Assholes.

That gives me an idea.  

I read that with a maniacal laugh.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]
What they going to do next, ban big rounds like .338 lapua and .50bmg? I'm sure one hit from those will do someone in, armored or not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Time to buy some more Barnes solid copper projectiles for reloading I guess. That will be next probably.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think that is transfer from a licensee to a non-licensee. Not looking at the statute right at this moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow - what will this mean for existing holders of the ammo? At the state level, will this also cause issues if the state uses the BATF guidelines?

Federal law does not forbid possession.  Just manufacture or transfer.

I thought it was manufacture and import.  Are you saying if this BS goes into effect I can't give a case to someone?

I think that is transfer from a licensee to a non-licensee. Not looking at the statute right at this moment.

Okay, thx.

Regardless of how folks here feel about M855, we all need to inundate congress with calls and letters.  The next cartridge (and the next) on their list may be one you actually care about.  This is clearly just an incremental back door approach to going after ARs.  It's not like there is some huge wave of M855 killings.  Fuck, I would be willing to bet that ten times more Americans were killed by falling televisions than by M855 in the last decade.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just don't give them my consent for this. I will treat this as most every other malum prohibitum laws.
View Quote

Are you in the business of manufacturing, selling or distributing ammo?

Because the law does not prohibit possession, you just will not be able to buy it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]

"The definition of “armor piercing ammunition” in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(B) provides:
(B)
The term “armor piercing ammunition” means

(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and
which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other
substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, st
eel, iron,
brass, bronze, beryllium copper or depleted uranium; or
(ii)
a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended
for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25
percent of the total weight of the projectile. "

So correct me if I am wrong but M855 is not a solid steel core right?  So how can it be classified as Armor piercing?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thx just ordered a can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx just ordered a can.

Thanks, I ordered a can as well and passed this on to a friend.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF do you think. Bloomberg is working his employees hard.

Everyone need to contact their Congressman by phone monday or tuesday, and start sending email and faxes this week end. If you know anyone that owns a gun they need to be clued in on what is going down and if you have to hold their hand get their asses on the phone and put a pretyped letter in their hands for them to sign and mail to their Congressman.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wonder, has a single police officer ever been shot with an AR pistol?  I just read the entire thing, and their rationale is that when they granted the exemption in 1986, there were no AR pistols...now that there are then they need to ban import/manufacture.

Stupid standard.  The mere presence of a handgun that can chamber a rifle cartridge shouldn't make it armor piercing pistol ammo.

Weak-bitch Congress needs to repeal that stupid statute, but we know they won't.

Fuck the ATF.
View Quote

It's not about 'shooting police officers'.  It's about one way or another limiting and in the end, getting what you (and I) have ....either all at once or a piece at a time.  Make no mistake: absolutely none, that those in power want to crush the BoR's and Constitution and in the end, turn this country into a dictatorship.  If it means crushing you and yours, so be it ...............
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Hay Gang,

Just move to a free state to fix this.  After all, fleeing Obama has worked so well.  Maybe President Hillary will fix this travesty in 2016
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Can anybody link me to the last legit ATF bust...that didn't involve them doing things illegally or fucked up?  Seriously...the last decent bust that honestly took dangerous weapons or explosives off the streets or stopped a large shipment of major tobacco moving w/out paying taxes to Big Brother????  You hear about the CIA, FBI, SS, US Marshals, Border Patrol all the time....you don't really hear about the ATF much any more except when they're fucking up or screwing over law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm getting sick of this fucking bullshit.

So here goes another fucking 5.56 ammo panic. They won't have to ban it, the fucking neckbeards will make that happen, warranted or not .
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thx just ordered a can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx just ordered a can.

I got a couple too.  Not a bad deal.  No tax or shipping.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What they going to do next, ban big rounds like .338 lapua and .50bmg? I'm sure one hit from those will do someone in, armored or not.
View Quote

Yes. They will eventually.

After all, .50BMG and .338LP can take down airliners and blow up train stations....They'll come for that shit eventually - just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
M855 sucks anyhow....
View Quote

Exactly....my rifles dont group with it....they pattern.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ATF FRAMEWORK FOR DETERMINING WHETHER
CERTAIN PROJECTILES ARE “PRIMARILY INTENDED FOR SPORTING PURPOSES” WITHIN THE MEANING OF 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(C)

To protect the lives and safety of law enforcement officers from the threat posed by ammunition capable of penetrating a protective vest when fired from a handgun, the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), as amended, prohibits the import, manufacture, and distribution of “armor piercing ammunition” as defined by the statute

I'm only on page 1 of this thread...

But as a cop, this is a bullshit excuse.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Asshole tyrants

Fuck them right in their statist twats
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#32]
With the GOP in control of Congress can't they stop this?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#33]
They might as well ban M193, too, then. Or pretty much any 55 grain or less 5.56mm/.223 round.

Those are vastly superior at penetrating "armor" than M855.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

There's a comments email box set up. Dead line is March 16th.

[email protected]

Fax: (202) 648-9741.

Mail:

Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs

and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue,

NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments.

View Quote
Half tempted to send this from my .gov email address just to show I'm not part of their thin blue line.  But then again...the way they treat their own, I can only imagine the shenanigans they would pull on a DOJ employee outside their agency.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#37]
getting real tired of this atf bullshit

eta: emailed, im sure being a lowly leo, ill get a doj probe or eric holder phone call in a little bit

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
M855 sucks anyhow....

Hmm thats not the point.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I usually buy some box of 1,000 rounds of 5.56 every other month or so...not m855 as its just for plinking... but, I've seen news like this before and whether the ban is in  a week or a year, the inventory will be gone by tomorrow morning. In for 2,400 rounds of xm193 and 5,000 ss109 bullets for reloading............ all I can afford now...  
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There's a comments email box set up. Dead line is March 16th.

[email protected]

Fax: (202) 648-9741.

Mail:
Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs
and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue,
NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments.
View Quote

Just remember, if you send them a public comment via e-mail, they will publish your e-mail address when they publish the comments received.

That's why I registered my "JanetNapolitanoBlowsPonies" e-mail address during the Saiga public comment period.

I hear "EricHolderIsAGerbilStuffer" may still be available though.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What a bunch of fucktards, long since time Americans get their act together and march on Washington for all the bullshit, not just this...
View Quote

We don't have to march on Washington DC. We just have to put up a fucking wall around it  and let them eat themselves. Cutting power to that shit hole would just hurry the process along.

And I'll bring some rope.  Never know when that might come in handy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walmart  SS109  for .33 a round.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ZQI-Ammunition-5.56x45mm-SS109-Cartridge-NATO-30-Round-Box/35327997
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like  a Bloomberg group action.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I was about to order ammo but since the GOP controls Congress I don't see this flying with the ATF. Remember when they were going to ban trusts for NFA? I expect nothing to happen while the GOP runs Congress.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Released on a Friday to try to avoid news cycle (avoid widespread dissemenation of the info)
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Little by little.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm curious as to know a single case where pathetically whining to a congressman about a new gun control act has actually worked by over turning said law.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#50]
lol M855 sucks balls anyway...can't shoot it at indoor ranger with inadequate backstops.

IDGAF
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top