Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 55
Posted: 2/11/2015 3:21:21 PM EDT
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/indian_citizen_stopped_by_madi.html

Posted without comment.

No crime had been committed. Madison Police on Monday issued a statement saying the department had suspended the officer and were investigating the use of force in this case. The police statement wished the man a "speedy recovery."

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
SMH, Poor guy...

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
C'mon man... as long as THE OFFICER went home safely... wheres the story here?

Now pick up the can and move your ass along...

BTW... in case you weren't aware... THE LAW no longer matters. All that matters are those who enforce, argue, adjudicate, and execute it. Those associated with it don't exist to serve you. You exist to serve them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Protected and served the fuck out of him.

Jesus
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got nothing to say that's CoC compliant.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess he didn't know police have a right to whatever is in your pockets.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
In before explanations of why he had it coming.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If ya don't speak the language........
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
"Thank you for taking the time to email our department and share your
concerns. As the Chief of Police and community member, I am equally
concerned about the incident. I have instructed the Office of
Professional Standard's Lieutenant to conduct a thorough investigation
into the entire incident. I understand everyone's desire for immediate
action, but that would be reckless, and could potentially lead to
injustice. I respectfully request your patience while we investigate
this incident.  When the investigation is complete, we will be open and
transparent with our findings."

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to America. Land of the free and home of the, ouch get your knee out of my neck officer.............

Furiners need to learn to talk 'merican so they can understand when they're told to pick up the can. /sarcasm
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
"This is broad daylight, walking down the street. There is nothing suspicious about Mr. Patel other than he has brown skin," said Sherrod.
View Quote

Yew ain't frum arown heer, is yew, boy?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before explanations of why he had it coming.
View Quote

He MUST have done something wrong! Abuses of power aren't tolerated. There's always the officer's side of the story. Blah blah blah blah...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Thank you for taking the time to email our department and share your concerns. As the Chief of Police and community member, I am equally concerned about the incident. I have instructed the Office of Professional Standard's Lieutenant to conduct a thorough investigation into the entire incident. I understand everyone's desire for immediate action, but that would be reckless, and could potentially lead to injustice. I respectfully request your patience while we investigate this incident.  When the investigation is complete, we will be open and transparent with our findings."

View Quote

Oh my... we wouldn't want any INJUSTICE to happen!!! At least not to the poor officer...

Btw... do I seem "angry" in this thread??? Well I AM!! This is getting beyond ridiculous. I work with over a hundred PD officers and if I knew of any of them to abuse their power like this... they'd never get a helping hand from me again.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#13]
From the article:
"This is a good neighborhood. I didn't expect anything to happen," said Chirag Patel, who recently bought the new house on Hardiman Place Lane.

He probably never considered that if something did happen, it would be the police doing it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
The Blue Wall goes up in 3...2...1
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
A brown guy who didn't even speak English walking around in nice white neighborhood...probably wearing those cheap sandal.
What did he expect the police to do...kiss him on the cheek?
If he just stayed in the house with the curtain closed nothing would have happened.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

BTW... in case you weren't aware... THE LAW no longer matters. All that matters are those who enforce, argue, adjudicate, and execute it. Those associated with it don't exist to serve you. You exist to serve them.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If ya don't speak the language........
View Quote

continue...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Odd reading a story with a "Patel" that didn't involve fraud, or medical malpractice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would argue it has always been that way, but the veil has just been pulled back on it more lately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Odd reading a story with a "Patel" that didn't involve fraud, or medical malpractice.
View Quote

Or engineers
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#21]
what is it they say..ask...tell...make...........hard to do when the victim doesn't speak/understand english....didnt stop em from making though... good thing is he understands cop english better now...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#22]
They won't settle for much.

They'll say "He's 57 years old, so his life-expectancy isn't very high, plus he doesn't have any english, so he couldn't be productive, so here's $25,000, now go away.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Guess he was making a move. Officer had to get it on...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

A doctor named Patel saved my son's life when the white guys gave up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would argue it has always been that way, but the veil has just been pulled back on it more lately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they just stopped trying to hide it. I mean it's not like we are going to do something about it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had an engineering professor named Patel.

Nobody could understand anything he said.

At one point, we tried writing a Patel-to-English dictionary.
Ex: "Pleebedeeded" = Please be seated
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know a couple of really good lawyers named Patel.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like the son needs to sue the shit out of the caller that made up the story about his dad creeping around garages - as well as the thug cops

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately if there is one thing I have learned on this site, it's that this is true.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A brown guy who didn't even speak English walking around in nice white neighborhood...probably wearing those cheap sandal.
If he just stayed in the house with the curtain closed nothing would have happened.

View Quote

my office is in Madison where this happened. Its a suburb of Huntsville Al (new Remington home) and is full of engineers and technical people. lots of Japanese, Arab, Indian and many other nationalities are all over this town.

im sure the language barrier had a bit to do with it but so did the foreigners ignorance of American police instructions and tactics. Did the officer take it to far and use too much force on an old man, probably but he is not 100% at fault if the old man isnt responding to commands and digging in his pockets.

pretty crappy situation all around with several factors that led to this incident.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#34]
So there is someone suspected of beating a man while in possession of a firearm and he is walking the street right now and not because he is on bond...why is that?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Those cops must be badasses. I'm sure 57-year old Indian farmer Sureshbhai Patel put up one Hell of a fight...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I predict an out of court settlement.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"This is broad daylight, walking down the street. There is nothing suspicious about Mr. Patel other than he has brown skin," said Sherrod.

Umm, I live near Madison. We have a large African American population. Not sure why it would be suspicious.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to take a wild ass guess and say their is much to this story that is missing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
sheepdog

as

FUCK
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#40]
To be honest, I'm more pissed at the neighbor than the cops.

I mean, who sees an elderly Indian guy walking around and calls the cops?

Really? How fucking racist and scared of the world must you be to see a brown skinned person walking down the sidewalk and calling the cops is your response?

Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
To be honest, I'm more pissed at the neighbor than the cops.

I mean, who sees an elderly Indian guy walking around and calls the cops?

Really? How fucking racist and scared of the world must you be to see a brown skinned person walking down the sidewalk and calling the cops is your response?

Fuck.
View Quote

To be honest, I'm more pissed at the thug cops who beat a 57 year old man down, putting him in the hospital with paralysis.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Those cops must be badasses. I'm sure 57-year old Indian farmer Sureshbhai Patel put up one Hell of a fight...
View Quote

Not liking what went down at all, but the fact that the man was is grandfather has jack shit to do with it, nor does the fact that he was 57.
Like a 57 year man is nothing but old and decrepit and could not possibly pose a threat to officers who are much younger.
Again, I have an issue with what went down and that a man is in this condition over BS
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I predict an out of court settlement.
View Quote

With no admission of wrongdoing of course.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't worry.  They've got a buddy of his investigating the matter as we speak.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
im sure the language barrier had a bit to do with it but so did the foreigners ignorance of American police instructions and tactics. Did the officer take it to far and use too much force on an old man, probably but he is not 100% at fault if the old man isnt responding to commands and digging in his pockets.
View Quote

Justify all you want.  A non-violent old man who committed no crime is paralyzed because of shit training and bully-culture. I'm sick of hearing about whose fault it isn't.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

my office is in Madison where this happened. Its a suburb of Huntsville Al (new Remington home) and is full of engineers and technical people. lots of Japanese, Arab, Indian and many other nationalities are all over this town.

pretty crappy situation all around with several factors that led to this incident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that and it always seems to me that these altercation start with neighbors calling in reporting suspicious people.. but then again, sometimes you would want neighbors to do that. its a bad deal all around i think.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

So the officers were called to investigate a burglary suspect, made contact, attempted a terry frisk and he resisted.

View Quote

I would think it would come down to the in car and bodycam footage.

IF the encounter went down the way the paid lawyer/spokesman for the family says, the officer should lose his job at the least.

This could also be a case of My Baby Hindu nuffin... bid dum bump!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top