Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2015 8:04:40 PM EDT
From what I've seen the new Raptor will have the 3.5 Ecoboost hooked up to a brand spanking new 10 speed transmission. Then the 10speed trannies will end up in the F150 lineup...

Should I wait till they come out or say to heck with it and just get a new 2025 (or 16) F150 and put a lift kit on it.

Or lease a F150 now and then once the Raptors are out and established buy one?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-photos-and-info-news

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go ahead and get one. The suspension is getting upgrades and the motor has been out for years. The only toss up is the transmission and aluminum body .
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it'll be 80k based on the cheese they're asking for the 150
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Stutter
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks much better than that ugly ass 2015 Platinum that guy bought twice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lmfao.... Good one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ford can take that V6 and shove it up its ass.

When they take away the V8 option all together, looks like I will be going to Govt Motors to buy my trucks.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I read that the new Raptor will have a torque on demand transfer case and a terrain management feature like what Jeep has. If that means no driver controlled transfer case then I wouldn't want one if they gave it to me.  It would be too bad because the '17 is the nicest looking Raptor yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd go ahead and get one. The suspension is getting upgrades and the motor has been out for years. The only toss up is the transmission and aluminum body .
View Quote

It's getting a new version of the 3.5
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When they take away the V8 option all together, looks like I will be going to Govt Motors to buy my trucks.

View Quote

The V8 is still an option in the regular F150, just not the Raptor. Have you driven an Eco Boost powered truck? They will blow the doors off most non performance built V8's and the EB going into the new Raptor is rumored to be putting out over 450h.p.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]

That's funny because the Ecoboost can out tow the V8!

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, I can't wait, a $50K+ half ton truck with a ten speed electronic transmission, what could go wrong....

Man do I miss the days an average guy could afford to buy a decent new truck without financing the equivalent of a small mortgage....
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I read that the new Raptor will have a torque on demand transfer case and a terrain management feature like what Jeep has. If that means no driver controlled transfer case then I wouldn't want one if they gave it to me.  It would be too bad because the '17 is the nicest looking Raptor yet.
View Quote

The current raptors have a push button fly-by-wire clusterfuck of a transfer case.
My jeep has a manual lever tied straight to the t-case.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow, I can't wait, a $50K+ half ton truck with a ten speed electronic transmission, what could go wrong....

Man do I miss the days an average guy could afford to buy a decent new truck without financing the equivalent of a small mortgage....
View Quote

Here, drink this.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn good looking truck.

but sounds like a lot of Shit that can grenade underneath that thing

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

the motor will have more hp so it isn't the same o they claim.  same bones yes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

50k for a raptor?. Try about 60-70k, based on what new f150s are.

Hell the old raptors were 60k I think?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

raptor is more than a decent new truck.  theres plenty of cheaper options out there
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine was 42 new out the door
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He probably has cases of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Dame here

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]

This is actually funny because so many are posting here about their
fully loaded 2003 pick up truck "only" cost 32k. And that was when a good inter at rate. Was 7.9%
In today's dollars with inflation, that puts you right around 45-50k.

It is very common to get 5-7k off sticker off a truck,  you just might have to wait 6 months
and most likely financing will be 2.9%.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish I had the money to buy one new.  Or used, for that matter.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#24]
2035 due out 2032

Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]
It won't get me down the road much better than my 15 year old Sebring convertible.

I find it entertaining that men will spend tens of thousands of dollars to haul their egos around in some silly-looking, Mega F Chevy Consort XL with the Pencildick Decor Package.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy Sh*t!!! up to $70k for that Raptor, are you freaking kidding me ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

fully loaded 2003 pick up truck "only" cost 32k. And that was when a good inter at rate. Was 7.9%

It is very common to get 5-7k off sticker off a truck,  you just might have to wait 6 months

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It says something that the cost of financing in a factor in the comparison.  

I remember buying my first new car and the sales guy trying to convince me that price didn't matter - it was the monthly payment that was important.  And lo and behold, a few years later dealerships were offering to finance for 7 years (instead of the then 5 year max).  It looks like people have been properly indoctrinated
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep, the 3.5 EcoBoost is a pulling demon & the 2.7L EcoBoost, know a guy in Denver who has one & at 6K feet he has drag races many a V8 and has yet to get beat in the 1/4, 1/2 or full mile. I've driven it and it's unreal how fast that thing is, he does not tow & thus the 2.7, heck it's rated @ 325 hp (242 kW) @ 5750 rpm, 375 lb·ft (508 N·m) @ 3000 rpm

Quoted:

The V8 is still an option in the regular F150, just not the Raptor. Have you driven an Eco Boost powered truck? They will blow the doors off most non performance built V8's and the EB going into the new Raptor is rumored to be putting out over 450h.p.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I remember buying my first new car and the sales guy trying to convince me that price didn't matter - it was the monthly payment that was important.  And lo and behold, a few years later dealerships were offering to finance for 7 years (instead of the then 5 year max).  It looks like people have been properly indoctrinated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still blows my mind when I hear local radio commercials offering 7 year financing for KIAs. Who the hell takes a loan out for 7 years on a KIA
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't know enough about that to have a opinion, need a crew cab & the 17 Raptor is bad ass looking & has everything I'd want/need for 4 wheeling & power in the mountains.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I have test driven one and work with plenty of people who either love them or hate them. I don't like them.
I just don't need Ford or any V6 EB fan boy shoving shit I don't want down my throat.
I bet after the drive train warranty expires the V8 will be running strong while you will need $$ for the hair dryers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#32]
10 Speed Transmission and Al Body in a Pickup?  

Sounds like gas prices dropped at exactly the wrong time for Ford.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here, drink this.

http://www.shrinkingsisters.com/.a/6a00e5500c77218833011168f234b4970c-pi

Lame, and do you, or rather, had to work, a real truck?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I qualify for the X plan but the Raptor is not covered by it. (DAV members get X plan pricing)

However, USAA offers buying service using dealers that give you almost the X plan pricing & a nice low interest rate

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here, drink this.

http://www.shrinkingsisters.com/.a/6a00e5500c77218833011168f234b4970c-pi

Do you even english, bro?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice thing is you can buy a Obama Motors GM/Chebby product that is built to Obama Motors standards....

Quoted:

Yes, I have test driven one and work with plenty of people who either love them or hate them. I don't like them.
I just don't need Ford or any V6 EB fan boy shoving shit I don't want down my throat.
I bet after the drive train warranty expires the V8 will be running strong while you will need $$ for the hair dryers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol you don't think they're going to go skyrocketing again soon?  I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice thing is you can buy a Obama Motors GM/Chebby product that is built to Obama Motors standards....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You think Fords aren't?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Won't be available till the fall of 2016, who knows what gas prices will be like then.

The current F150's all have a 6 speed tranny.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the reasons for your disdain for the EB?  It performs better than the 5.0 in every way.  Turbos have been bullet proof, they're water cooled Garretts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Jesus, what a bunch of crybabies.
Don't like the price, engine, trans, body, don't buy the fucking things.  Head south and buy some old 180hp big block truck from the 80s that gets 8mpg and blow your wax over that..

Bunch of fucking nancies up in this place lately.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, doesn't change the fact that Ford designed the truck for+$3.00/gal gas.

And most vehicle programs plan on the first year being the most profitable, with margins steadily declining over the life of the vehicle.

No way this can be spun into good news for Ford, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#43]
10 speeds are for bikes...
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been holding out to get a Raptor, but now I will be waiting a bit longer for this one.....hopefully I don't jump the gun and get one before these hit the streets though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Ive wanted a brand new pickup all of my life. Im a gearhead and like nice pickups. I make good money in the trades.

My limit on what i can spend for a pickup has always been 2 months of gross income. Tops.

My goddamn income growth cant keep up with pickup prices. In the last 4 years i got 3 raises at work, became a partner, bought 12 rental units, bought 250 acres of farmground, 225 acres of pasture, and prices on my cattle were at historic highs. Still cant afford it.

One day.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

How old are you?  10 speed bikes are so, 1970s.  30 speeds are the rage these days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What are the reasons for your disdain for the EB?  It performs better than the 5.0 in every way.  Turbos have been bullet proof, they're water cooled Garretts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

next time you're in a Ford service department ask them how many service bulletins they have on the 3.5 vs the 5.0. Seriously.  Do this and then get back with me.
I really want a POS engine that shuts off in a fucking rain fall
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Tell that to Eaton-Fuller

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And most vehicle programs plan on the first year being the most profitable, with margins steadily declining over the life of the vehicle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It keeps the used car market strong which provides more funds for people to ''trade up".  It's much easier to buy a $60k Raptor when you can sell your old gas guzzler for 1/3 of the price.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
But how does the Stereo sound?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top