Quoted:
Mark Hamill
View Quote

Cocknocker wasn't a Batman villain.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Joker.  Unlike other villians that wanted power or money, the Joker just wanted to watch the world burn.
View Quote

This.

As they portrayed the Joker in Nolan's Batman, he was almost a character from Dostoyevsky.  Complete nihilistic evil.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Heath ledger was an awesome joker.   That said my favorite villain has always been scarecrow.
View Quote

Scarecrow is creepy as hell in the Arkham games.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
It will be very difficult to top Heath Ledgers Joker, performance. Very hard.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Bane is my personal fav but I do like the joker as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This.

As they portrayed the Joker in Nolan's Batman, he was almost a character from Dostoyevsky.  Complete nihilistic evil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Joker.  Unlike other villians that wanted power or money, the Joker just wanted to watch the world burn.

This.

That's just Nolan's take on the Joker. Or modifying him to modern times where we are dealing with real world terrorists.

Having seen the cartoons growing up and reading the comics, I didn't get the sense that Joker was doing things to prove to the world that civilized society could fall apart at the slightest push. My take was the joker just enjoyed being a criminal and having a cat and mouse game with Batman.

Superheroes and Villians get re-invented alot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The Penquin as portrayed in the tv series: Gotham is the first time I've found him interesting.

That actor is killing that role.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark Hamill

I believe he did the voice acting of the Joker in the most recent Batman video game.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It had such potential. Batman Begins was good. The Dark Knight was amazing. Dark Knight Rises was a great concept wrapped in pandering bullshit. Fuck Catwoman. She had no reason to be there other than as sex appeal, and they tried to force an audience connection to her by saying she's morally conflicted and trying to be a good person because Anne Hathaway. She didn't contribute anything to the story, Anne Hathaway is a horrendous actress, and she helped further ruin one of the best characters in the DC Universe.

It should have been like this:
Bane stays mostly the same. He can figure out Bruce Wayne's identity through Ra's Al Ghul. He doesn't need anyone to betray Batman. Develop the "we're both working towards the same goal, but with different approaches to it" angle, if you can.
Catwoman is eliminated from the movie almost entirely. Fuck Anne Hathaway.
Don't reveal that Bruce is definitely alive at the end. Don't reveal that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's middle name is Robin. Just have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character resign from the Police force and have a scene of him going back into the Bat Cave, implying that he's going to be the new Dark Knight for Gotham. This keeps the theme of making ideas immortal, even if men are not. Bruce should create a legacy through his martyrdom, not say they're going to continue with him as the Batman.
Maybe keep part of the scene with Alfred at the cafe in France, but don't have clarity that Bruce is actually there. Just imply that he might be. It'd be like the spinning top scene in Inception.

Joker is awesome. He's my favorite character. But he's a force of nature by himself, not an image of Batman seen through a different lens like Bane is.

Joker is a super villain. He's not a matched villain, if that makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love that movie. Gtfo.

It had such potential. Batman Begins was good. The Dark Knight was amazing. Dark Knight Rises was a great concept wrapped in pandering bullshit. Fuck Catwoman. She had no reason to be there other than as sex appeal, and they tried to force an audience connection to her by saying she's morally conflicted and trying to be a good person because Anne Hathaway. She didn't contribute anything to the story, Anne Hathaway is a horrendous actress, and she helped further ruin one of the best characters in the DC Universe.

It should have been like this:
Bane stays mostly the same. He can figure out Bruce Wayne's identity through Ra's Al Ghul. He doesn't need anyone to betray Batman. Develop the "we're both working towards the same goal, but with different approaches to it" angle, if you can.
Catwoman is eliminated from the movie almost entirely. Fuck Anne Hathaway.
Don't reveal that Bruce is definitely alive at the end. Don't reveal that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's middle name is Robin. Just have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character resign from the Police force and have a scene of him going back into the Bat Cave, implying that he's going to be the new Dark Knight for Gotham. This keeps the theme of making ideas immortal, even if men are not. Bruce should create a legacy through his martyrdom, not say they're going to continue with him as the Batman.
Maybe keep part of the scene with Alfred at the cafe in France, but don't have clarity that Bruce is actually there. Just imply that he might be. It'd be like the spinning top scene in Inception.
Quoted:
But you're mostly right. I said that the Joker was the "reaction" to Batman. The Yin to his Yang, as it were.

Bane is what Batman could have been. The Joker is what Batman could never be.

Joker is awesome. He's my favorite character. But he's a force of nature by himself, not an image of Batman seen through a different lens like Bane is.

Joker is a super villain. He's not a matched villain, if that makes sense.

So you are going to invent your own characters and create a series so it can be how you want it
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Penquin as portrayed in the tv series: Gotham is the first time I've found him interesting.

View Quote

A yellow toothed, mamma's boy, cold blooded back stabbing killer.

He is the star of every scene he's in.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love that show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I voted Harley Quinn, but only because I wish she ruined my life.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#20]

I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness, and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Joker. Unlike other villians that wanted power or money, the Joker just wanted to watch the world burn.

This.

As they portrayed the Joker in Nolan's Batman, he was almost a character from Dostoyevsky. Complete nihilistic evil.

That's just Nolan's take on the Joker. Or modifying him to modern times where we are dealing with real world terrorists.

Having seen the cartoons growing up and reading the comics, I didn't get the sense that Joker was doing things to prove to the world that civilized society could fall apart at the slightest push. My take was the joker just enjoyed being a criminal and having a cat and mouse game with Batman.

Superheroes and Villians get re-invented alot.

Good point.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe he did the voice acting of the Joker in the most recent Batman video game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark Hamill

And the Joker in The Animated Series.
I think he did a damn good job with it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark Hamill

Cocknocker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bat-Mite

And as for Harley, Tara Strong dressed up for CosPlay.  She did the voice in the Arkham City games.  The looks and the voice...

http://cdn3.fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/harleytara-copy.jpg?22a92a  
View Quote

Holy shit. I've never seen that photo of her before. I always thought she was smoking hot but damn.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Obama is great as the Joker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#27]
King-Tut

or....

The Mad Hatter
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How can any ARFCOMmer even think of voting for anyone but The Penguin? (the little shit with all the umbrellas)
View Quote

Because there are much better Batman villains than the Penguin.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://i57.tinypic.com/n12r9d.jpg

I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness, and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine.

Easily the best animated drama ever, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This.

OP's poll SUCKS because there's no Deathstroke option.
View All Quotes

360 votes.  11 were for "other."
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mark Hamill
View Quote

Who would have thought that Luke Skywalker and Brokeback Mountain would be the two best Jokers?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#32]
from the movie side of the house, ledger's joker was the best villain, while pfeiffer's catwoman still makes me shiver.

anne hathaway's CW was awful.  i think she's a great actor, but the role didn't work.  she didn't get at the desperation of the character, the writing was weak, and i don't think nolan really understood the character to begin with.  the result was just blah, but i'm not sure who is primarily responsible.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top