BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for letting it be known that you don't watch sports...

...enjoy your hike with the kids.

If it involves a ball; it's not a sport, it's a game.

Hah! Where have I heard that? Is Golf a sport or a game then? Game I  guess....

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

Hemingway would get butt raped on here as soon as the 1st picture of a bullfight with a bleeding bull was posted.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]

That's my favorite part about not being an NFL fan, the scrawny little couch potatoes who question my manhood because I can't identify Tom Brady in a police lineup.    

My standard reply is to challenge them to a duel.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna go out and practice for CWW.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't even know it was today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]

all of the window lickers will be in this thread. i love when someone doesnt like something or doesnt watch something they think it makes them a better person. who cares if you dont like football or care about the super bowl. 100+ million americans will be watching it. maybe make some friends in the real world and you will get invited to a super bowl party. you dont even have to watch the game you can just go and hangout.. it is an american holiday behind only the 4th of july.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll watch if I'm home
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope brady and lynch blow each other midfield and decide to have a gay marriage and adopt a Vietnamese baby.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I seem to have stumbled into the Women's Forum.
View Quote

no even the women of arfcom are geting ready for superbowl parties. this the tranny, my little pony, and dungeon ahd dragon forum.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm rebuilding the 4 speed transmission in my HD Shovelhead this weekend, that manly enough for ya?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seem to have stumbled into the Women's Forum.

I'm rebuilding the 4 speed transmission in my HD Shovelhead this weekend, that manly enough for ya?  

only if you stop and watch the superbowl when it comes on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll watch if I'm home
View Quote

Same here. Headed to Hunting Expo for the day. If I miss it, I don't care. Tom Brady blows goats.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By jlficken:

I didn't even know it was today.
View Quote
Are you sure it's today?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Love me some football!

" />
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am with you.

Football is barely played with all the air time it gets, WSJ posted a study..there is like only 8-11 minutes of actual game play. The rest is talk, reruns and camera shots of guys standing around on the sidelines.

Murders, rapists, ghetto thugs who smack women around and men who act like they have saved the world after each and every play with men wearing jersey's of other men cheering them on idolizing them. Team owners worth millions of dollars who pay their players millions of dollars in and industry worth billions get hand tax payer funded handouts...

Football has no place in my home. The NFL shines a light so bright on what is so wrong in our country.

I am working today, my son just got done with his district playoff games for Hockey. Wife will get a fire going, nice meal made for the kids and they'll watch a movie or board game it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, the butthurt flows. Just looking for like minded folks is all. Alternate plans anyone? Kinda rainy here but I still want to get out in the woods maybe....

I am with you.

Football is barely played with all the air time it gets, WSJ posted a study..there is like only 8-11 minutes of actual game play. The rest is talk, reruns and camera shots of guys standing around on the sidelines.

Murders, rapists, ghetto thugs who smack women around and men who act like they have saved the world after each and every play with men wearing jersey's of other men cheering them on idolizing them. Team owners worth millions of dollars who pay their players millions of dollars in and industry worth billions get hand tax payer funded handouts...

Football has no place in my home. The NFL shines a light so bright on what is so wrong in our country.

I am working today, my son just got done with his district playoff games for Hockey. Wife will get a fire going, nice meal made for the kids and they'll watch a movie or board game it.

so guys like drew brees and peyton manning should be punished because of guys like aaron hernandez? if this is your line of thinking do all leo shoot dogs and unarmed blacks? is everyone in our military a racist who likes to go on murder sprees. there are bad apples in the nfl but there are also great men in the league. pat tillman left a 9 million contract to go fight in afganistan.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
F' the game I'll be at Walmart.

Only day of the year the store is nearly void of other shoppers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#15]

This thread is obviously for those not interested in the game today.     Nevertheless, there will be those that come in just to be offensive to those who do not follow their interest.    It makes as much sense as someone against pro entertainment going into a thread on the game and stirring up trouble.    Obviously, such should result in  banning.    The question is, will moderators do the same in this thread?     I won't be putting money on that.

There will be a lot of males gathered around to have homo erotic fantasies about grown men who play children's games for a living.

It is not the player's fault they get so much money.
It isn't the coaches fault.
It isn't the owner's fault the players get so much money.
It isn't the advertiser's fault.

From where does the money come?   It comes from the individual people in America.   America's spending represents America's REAL values, whether or not they understand or accept it.

Children's games are important for social and physical development.    Athletic training is important for fitness and especially for those in the military.  

For me, the vast majority of people in the professional entertainment industry and most of the college entertainment industry do not any way represent my values.     Most players are at the polar opposite of my values.    I avoid contributing to their well being.     I will not put money in their pocket.  

Lots of people talk a big game but very few do much or even think about  their role in contributing to undermining their own supposed values.     Talk is cheap.   Money talks.      I avoid anything that puts money into the pockets of 99% of pro entertainers.     I do my part.   Do most people?   Not even close.

Again, I support athletic training.    I support people gathering to train and play games.    I not support the professional entertainment industry.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Back at you!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Hope to go have dinner through most of the game at some non-sports bar place in hopes of avoiding the obnoxious, drunk, homo loving fans.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]
For a normal football game, you spend 3 hours to watch a 60 minute game that only contains 11 minutes of actual football.  I can't think of a much more boring waste of time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
only posting for everyone who comes into a football thread and says 'don't give two fucks about football' so ha! here's my chance to post back and say i'm having a Super Bowl party and can't wait for the game!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hemingway would get butt raped on here as soon as the 1st picture of a bullfight with a bleeding bull was posted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done racing.     I've done mountaineering.      I need to do bullfighting one of these days.  

Sitting on my tail and fantasizing about other men is not my thing.    So, the game today is OUT !

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This thread is obviously for those not interested in the game today.     Nevertheless, there will be those that come in just to be offensive to those who do not follow their interest.    It makes as much sense as someone against pro entertainment going into a thread on the game and stirring up trouble.    Obviously, such should result in  banning.    The question is, will moderators do the same in this thread?     I won't be putting money on that.

There will be a lot of males gathered around to have homo erotic fantasies about grown men who play children's games for a living.

It is not the player's fault they get so much money.
It isn't the coaches fault.
It isn't the owner's fault the players get so much money.
It isn't the advertiser's fault.

From where does the money come?   It comes from the individual people in America.   America's spending represents America's REAL values, whether or not they understand or accept it.

Children's games are important for social and physical development.    Athletic training is important for fitness and especially for those in the military.  

For me, the vast majority of people in the professional entertainment industry and most of the college entertainment industry do not any way represent my values.     Most players are at the polar opposite of my values.    I avoid contributing to their well being.     I will not put money in their pocket.  

Lots of people talk a big game but very few do much or even think about  their role in contributing to undermining their own supposed values.     Talk is cheap.   Money talks.      I avoid anything that puts money into the pockets of 99% of pro entertainers.    I do my part.   Do most people?   Not even close.

Again, I support athletic training.    I support people gathering to train and play games.    I not support the professional entertainment industry.

View Quote

So what would be your endgame?  No professional sports?  You do your part... for what?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#22]
No interest in it whatsoever. Spending the day cleaning out my work truck, surfing the internet and YouTube looking at Smith M&P stuff and enjoying the family.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I just want to watch Downton Abbey tonight  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish I could avoid any knowledge of it...  But references are pervasive... TV... Here... Even a web comic pod cast I listen to... I can't escape it.

Would be a good time to go see a movie though.

Stay away from restaurants with tvs perpetually playing sports...

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So what would be your endgame?  No professional sports?  You do your part... for what?
View Quote

My "end game" is :

To see people think about what and who they are supporting
To see people put money into things that really matter    (military, medicine, education)

If professional entertainment disappeared overnight, what would it matter?    It would not.    We could replace it over night.    Actually,  it happens when the squealing entertainers go on strike and others take their place.    Big deal.    What would happen if the American Military was gone ?    What if all professional medicine was gone in America?    There are other meaningful things to focus besides these.

I short, if find it ridiculous that so many supposed conservative family men support filthy, disgusting, amoral animals and their well being.    Those are same animals that would be happy to cut the throats of most conservatives.

Who do we put forth as roles models for our children?     Following the game clearly says these people represent our real values.

Are there or were there any good people in professional entertainment?    Yes, there have been.       James Maitland Stewart , (Jimmy Stewart), is one professional actor that comes to mind.   The dude was an absolute beast of a man.   He was unbelievably though and determined.   He put country before self.   He was humble.   He was kind.      I am sure there are others.   But, I there are not many.

Children see adults worship these clowns involved in all aspects of the game today.    I avoid that.   What do we really teach our child to value, through our actions and our wallets?  

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Count me in. Fuck football!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
only posting for everyone who comes into a football thread and says 'don't give two fucks about football' so ha! here's my chance to post back and say i'm having a Super Bowl party and can't wait for the game!!
View Quote

Oh?    That is what you want people in this thread to  do?      No consequences in either thread for stilling up trouble?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

so guys like drew brees and peyton manning should be punished because of guys like aaron hernandez? if this is your line of thinking do all leo shoot dogs and unarmed blacks? is everyone in our military a racist who likes to go on murder sprees. there are bad apples in the nfl but there are also great men in the league. pat tillman left a 9 million contract to go fight in afganistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, the butthurt flows. Just looking for like minded folks is all. Alternate plans anyone? Kinda rainy here but I still want to get out in the woods maybe....

I am with you.

That in no way punishes the very few decent pro entertainers.        We  should    all be  against others who do wrong.    Rarely do we hear others from within speak out against the large numbers of filthy people in pro entertainment .    Many in pro entertainment speak out in the most ridiculous manner, such as the famous "don't shoot, hands up".   (They are pure garbage.)

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My "end game" is :

To see people put money into things that really matter    (military, medicine, education)

If professional entertainment disappeared overnight, what would it matter?    It would not.    We could replace it over night.    Actually,  it happens when the squealing entertainers go on strike and others take their place.    Big deal.    What would happen if the American Military was gone ?    What if all professional medicine was gone in America?    There are other meaningful things to focus besides these.

I short, if find it ridiculous that so many supposed conservative family men support filthy, disgusting, amoral animals and their well being.    Those are same animals that would be happy to cut the throats of most conservatives.

Who do we put forth as roles models for our children?     Following the game clearly says these people represent our real values.

Are there or were there any good people in professional entertainment?    Yes, there have been.       James Maitland Stewart , (Jimmy Stewart), is one professional actor that comes to mind.   The dude was an absolute beast of a man.   He was unbelievably though and determined.   He put country before self.   He was humble.   He was kind.      I am sure there are others.   But, I there are not many.

Children see adults worship these clowns involved in all aspects of the game today.    I avoid that.   What do we really teach our child to value, through our actions and our wallets?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My "end game" is :

Sounds a lot like, "I don't like it, so you shouldn't like it."  Why can't people enjoy things other than what you enjoy in your world?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I would watch it, but I don't know if I will. Prolly not.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I might go get some whiskey and drown myself in rye whilst watching it
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I wanted to watch grown men play with balls I would watch gay porn, I am not gay...... so I don't. In all seriousness, I have never been into sports like football, basketball, baseball,  etc. I like stuff like shooting, guns, cars, rock music, 4 wheelers etc. To each his own.... I find it strange how some guys obsess over these idiots who get paid millions for playing a fucking game while there are veterans coming home struggling to makes ends meet! Fucking ridiculous!
View Quote

Hey now!    Don't go pointing out what and who Americans really value.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am with you.

NAILED IT!    

I love sports of all sorts.    I don't worship those grown men who play a child's game for a living.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey man Hockey HAS to qualify!! I don't follow it but you got fucking BRUTES out there wielding sticks, beating the shit out of each other, ice skating like graceful, speedy, sure footed angels. It's crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

Hey man Hockey HAS to qualify!! I don't follow it but you got fucking BRUTES out there wielding sticks, beating the shit out of each other, ice skating like graceful, speedy, sure footed angels. It's crazy.

If they took the pads off, maybe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
That's my favorite part about not being an NFL fan, the scrawny little couch potatoes who question my manhood because I can't identify Tom Brady in a police lineup.    

http://i.imgur.com/FjuixVd.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/FjuixVd.gif

I like where your head is at.  Likely the shit-weasels you refer to reside on this forum as the usual suspects.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Red's back, right after the stupid game ends (whenever that will be).

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sounds a lot like, "I don't like it, so you shouldn't like it."  Why can't people enjoy things other than what you enjoy in your world?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My "end game" is :

Democrats squeal that conservatives  exclude others too.   Same crap and lies.

OR, let's all go with....

People should not care if others idolize thugs.    Heck, we should all support liberal antigunners, as long as they are  "cool" .    

Being popular is all that matters.      Morals , values, integrity,  and character are not important.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

People should not care if others idolize thugs.    Heck, we should all support liberal antigunners, as long as they are  "cool" .    

Being popular is all that matters.      Morals , values, integrity,  and character are not important.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My "end game" is :

Yes I'm sure not one professional athlete has any morals, values, integrity or character.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll just go with the standard FBHO with a side of And the FSA he rode in on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Making  6 hours  of O T. will head home and clean some guns.

No fucks given.

Cheaters vs. Felons
View Quote

Well,  I am finally  home after 7 hours of O.T. The chicken is on the Rotisserie  and off to the gun room computer to order this:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

That is good tag line material.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Freshly divorced.

Moving.

Got several job interviews in the next two weeks.

Have to work an extra shift to pay the bills tonight.

Fark.

Dat.

Shite.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I just want to go from work and watch my eyelids.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golf is a flagrant waste of a perfectly good rifle range!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#45]
absolutely no interest in either team, the commercials and half time show sucked last year so i'm not even going to waste my time, i have way to much work to get done before class tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#46]
i'll be cruising at 38000'.   Don't care.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Same here. I'd rather go to the dentist than watch sports on tv. I just can't grasp why people get so wrapped up in watching other people run around with a ball. My eyes glaze over when guys at work start talking about stats and their fucking fantasy teams. I simply just can't find a single fuck to give.

I was planning on going fishing, but it's been raining all day so I changed the oil on my bike, rented Fury and have a brisket on the BGE. After dinner I'm gonna lay on my couch in my boxers, drink a couple glasses of Collingwood and watch brad pitt shoot some Gnatzees.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a ton of month end paper work to do. Still would rather being doing it then watching  the game
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwzkOvs1lw

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwzkOvs1lw

Just started watching on Netflix. So far liking it a lot. And FUCK the Stupor Bowl. Crass, over the top commercialism in all its glory. Just my opinion, as always, YMMV.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top