Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2015 8:14:58 PM EDT
Did any of the enemy's "sniper rifles" actually have the ability to make 1,000 meter+ kill shots? I thought that although they were decent for mid-ranges, they were no good for long shots.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank God, Another "American Sniper" thread. Thank... God.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Were any of the enemy's "sniper rifles" actually available od 1,000 meter+ kill shots? I thought that although they were decent for mid-ranges, they were no good for long shots.
View Quote

Inshallah.

You make a 1000 meter shot with an SVD, PSL or Tabuk; you must have Mohammed as your spotter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread makes me want to tape my eyes open and wash my face with broken glass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I know someone who made a 900 yd shot onto a steel gong with a PSL, so 1000 is definitely possible.  Extremely unlikely, but possible.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread makes me want to tape my eyes open and wash my face with broken glass.
View Quote

Hey, at least it wasn't a tactics question! LOL!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A .308 round does the same damage at the same distance from the same length barrel no matter the rifle.    
At 1000 yards the wind, elevation, guy behind the scope matters much more than the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A .308 round does the same damage at the same distance from the same length barrel no matter the rifle.    
At 1000 yards the wind, elevation, guy behind the scope matters much more than the rifle.
View Quote

True. I just didn't think that the quality of the rifles themselves were up to par.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
We found some first rate top quality stuff. However if you put kick ass weapons in the hands of a guy who thinks the elevation adjustment adjust the power of the rifle, and not elevation, he isn't going to be effective. All the quality fighters we came across used junk they tossed after contact in the hope of not getting killed or grabbed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

True. I just didn't think that the quality of the rifles themselves were up to par.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SVD's and PSLs with GOOD ammo hold 1-1.5moa at best. So its doable if you know wtf you are doing which I do. Hadji shooting crap pulled out of a MG belt, not so much... Original point target ranges for both were specced at 600m and 1200m for area targets.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say the rifles can out shoot most of the shooters that are behind them in this case. Training is going to be their downfall to using the equipment they have, how ever shitty it may or may not be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd say the rifles can out shoot most of the shooters that are behind them in this case. Training is going to be their downfall to using the equipment they have, how ever shitty it may or may not be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's also true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top