Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2015 6:59:05 PM EDT
I need an answer fast and don't want to deal with the "this has been posted before, topic deleted" dupe patrol that haunts the tech forums.
New rifle and I need a rear BUIS.
Looking at:

KAC 600M

Matech flip up

MBUS Pro

MBUS
Price doesn't matter, I want lightweight and durable.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Of your choices I'd get the Matech.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other solid choices I missed? I'd rather not give Troy or ARMS my money but if they make the best then they make the best and that's that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Lightweight and durable? The MBUS Pro ain't too shabby in those areas from what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
KAC Micro's /thread
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven tried them but the new Spikes BUIS look nice, otherwise I usually buy Troy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any other solid choices I missed? I'd rather not give Troy or ARMS my money but if they make the best then they make the best and that's that.
View Quote

Mbus pro, but really I think anything quality will do you fine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Dunno, never liked the Magpul ones.

Still Like my ARMS 40L, but I dont follow the politics of why everyone hates arms Now.   Also use a troy Front IS

Arms was the Shit in 06. So whatever.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
a used Troy off the EE. Fuck troy but they make the best buis from all the ones Ive used.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Of your choices I'd get the Matech.
View Quote

This, but I am also rather partial to the old ARMS #40L. Don't like the company any more than the next guy, but man the 40L is probably my favorite of all the BUIS I have used.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Full disclosure. All my rifles have Troy folding tritium but I got them before they derped.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Matech, I bought one today at the show but I don't want to move my ACOG to install it
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one of each.cthe KAC and matech are great then KAC has the twist for elevation allowing a compact but more robust platform. The mbus PRO backups feel as good as the KAC and have the advantage of a 0-300 sight built in. If your wanting straight 600 matech is cheaper and I have it mounted on more rifles then KAC or magpul.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Full disclosure. All my rifles have Troy folding tritium but I got them before they derped.
View Quote

I have 2 sets of pre-derp Troys as well and they are great sights.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
If it makes a difference I usually set my BUIS to a 50/200 zero. Obviously not on ones with built in range adjustment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to try out the new Magpul Pro LR sights.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Where the hell did those come from?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the 300m KAC's and they work.  They are light and very durable.  Not spring loaded if though if you care about that feature.  Don't know if the 600m versions are.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe this to be the best back up iron sight.

http://www.gggaz.com/mad-back-up-sight-with-ranging-aperture.html

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I only own MBUS and a set of Troy. I like the MBUS, lightweight, easy to deploy.

Set it and forget it.
View Quote

Same here. Never had a problem out of MBUS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have the 300m KAC's and they work.  They are light and very durable.  Not spring loaded if though if you care about that feature.  Don't know if the 600m versions are.
View Quote
Not a huge issue. The rifle will be wearing either a 1-4x or a microdot as a primary sighting system.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.skdtac.com/Daniel-Defense-A1-5-BUIS-Rear-Sight-p/ddf.115.htm

I love mine
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Daniel Defense A1.5
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I like my Matech. Real simple switch for adjusting distances.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense A1.5
View Quote

This. Perfect lightweight, durable, set and forget sight. Unless you want a flippy sight, of course.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This. Perfect lightweight, durable, set and forget sight. Unless you want a flippy sight, of course.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel Defense A1.5

Gotta have a flippy sight for scope clearance.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense A1.5
View Quote

This.

It's always there if you need it.  No flipping it up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
KAC Micro's /thread
View Quote

I like mine. Only ones I have so can't compare.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Those are awful.

Cheapest that works would be a used MAtech. I like the arms #40s and buy them when I can find em used.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Those are awful.
Cheapest that works would be a used MAtech. I like the arms #40s and buy them when I can find em used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those are awful.

Why do you think this? Did you buy one of the promag knockoffs or something? The genuine gg&g sight cost $140.
They are tanks, extremely low profile, and have ranging. I assume you are talking about the dozens of pot metal airsoft/paintball clones.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The Troy I have has the large and small hole but is same plane. If I have to shoot farther than that than I would just hold over or get out of the area.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daniel Defense A1.5

You said micro RDS OR 1-4. I'm not sure I would bother with BUIS on a good 1-4 or ACOG but that's just me.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why do you think this? Did you buy one of the promag knockoffs or something? The genuine gg&g sight cost $140.

They are tanks, extremely low profile, and have ranging. I assume you are talking about the dozens of pot metal airsoft/paintball clones.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are awful.

This.

GG&G MAD sights are great sights.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Just came here because I thought this was a tranny thread, but it turned out just to be about rifles.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are awful.

Nope, bought them from GGG along with an accucam and a flip up gas block height.

They make the single best flip up gas block sight in the market. The accucam works fine (deployed with it) but took a couple rounds to settle in after each QD. it's fine but the price is the equal to superior companies (ADM, LARUE, BOBRO)

That sight wheel shifted constantly during use. By use I mean having it slung, put in and out of the truck, range and training time rubbing against stuff, etc.

I took it off my m4 before deployment and put and MAtech back on. If I need a buis, I may need it now - not in between or on a partially rotated or half moon aperture.

I did enjoy them in the range fine. The gas block FS went on my Beowulf with a VLTOR casvm. Real bad bitch of a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Gotta 'fess up, went ahead and got a Troy rear folder from Aim on BF--- for $54...... I also have since acquired a set of the Diamondhead and they appear to be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]

I was beginning to think I was the only one here who used GG&G sights.

I don't have this particular model but I do have the a flip up rear right that I like a lot.

I got from Botach. And in a timely manor also.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Nope, bought them from GGG along with an accucam and a flip up gas block height.

They make the single best flip up gas block sight in the market. The accucam works fine (deployed with it) but took a couple rounds to settle in after each QD. it's fine but the price is the equal to superior companies (ADM, LARUE, BOBRO)

That sight wheel shifted constantly during use. By use I mean having it slung, put in and out of the truck, range and training time rubbing against stuff, etc.

I took it off my m4 before deployment and put and MAtech back on. If I need a buis, I may need it now - not in between or on a partially rotated or half moon aperture.

I did enjoy them in the range fine. The gas block FS went on my Beowulf with a VLTOR casvm. Real bad bitch of a rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are awful.

Sounds like a bad detent or spring .etc

Mine has been perfect.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You missed Samson sights.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Aperture looks too small for my liking.
View All Quotes

That's the small aperture. It's a two position design that lets the small aperture flip down. Same as the other MBUS sights.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Troy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top