Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:56:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes

But not surprising that you thought of it
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
surely as site staff you are not suggesting we steal a gun are you Aimless? it was in your poll
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Vacationing at home again?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
lol no
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
A Machete would probably be more praticle
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
WWDDD?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather bring a bow. Throw a fishing attachment in the trunk to show lack of intent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
No, but if I lived in an country where guns were banned I'd keep one around. CB's are too cumbersome to travel with. I can't imagine too many situations were you'd have to time to ready one even in a vehicle if it was needed. I think a good knife would be more useful to travel with if my CCW pistol was not an option.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think a good knife would be more useful to travel with if my CCW pistol was not an option.
View Quote
This.

Instead of a crossbow how about one of those cold steel shovels with few edges sharpened?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Cross bows suck ass.... Are heavy as hell, slow to reload. Suppressed 22LR is the best zombie medicine.... If you gotta use an arrow, use a bow, ditch the fudd ass crossbow.

ZA
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Here are some more ideas.....

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I've wondered if you could get away with carrying a loaded black powder pistol in DC/NY.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]

I don't vacation if I cant bring my CCW.

that's it, end of story.

you are probably thinking, but what about your wife? what if she wants to go? that's where the choose wisely part comes into play.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Crossbow?

You're going to look ridiculous on formal night on that cruise.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not a compound bow? Would be easier to transport
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Illegal in ny if loaded unless it is on your pistol permit  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've wondered if you could get away with carrying a loaded black powder pistol in DC/NY.

http://californiauctioneers.com/Firearms/images/Jukar%20%28Spain%29%20.45%20cal%20black%20powder%20pistol%20%282%29.jpg

How does that work when ATF doesn't consider it a firearm?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://californiauctioneers.com/Firearms/images/Jukar%20%28Spain%29%20.45%20cal%20black%20powder%20pistol%20%282%29.jpg

New York doesn't give a shit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I would bring it just to shoot if you can find a place to without getting caught.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#23]
No not at all, why do you ask?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yup, NY doesn't care
View Quote

As long as you don't keep more than seven arrows in your quiver.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#25]
LOL at the poll choices.

But anyway if you're going to Antarctica you could conceal one of those ESEE arrowheads in your babushka or maybe stick a derringer into some whale blubber in your pack.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Before vacations I always check to see if I can bring my CCW.  If I cant, I'm usually more worried about whether or not I need a jacket than a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let's say you're going on vacation somewhere where you can't legally bring a gun. I don't get freaked out about going places where I can't bring a gun, but I have to admit I looked it up and I might be able to legally bring a crossbow I can just see myself leading my family nBack through the apocalypse, dodging zombies or intelligent apes etc, with my trusty compound crossbow with eotech and laser while my wife pushes three shopping carts tied together with the kids, their inflatable cribs, stuffed animals, iPads, her 8 changes of clothes, a high chair, baby food, snack bars....
View Quote

Don't bring it to CT without reading the statutes ... they may be a (yet another) no-no here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I am old enough to remember when cross bows were considered verboten almost anywhere.

Not too sure when this really changed.  I can remember my mother's cousin in a Chicago suburb having a non functional display crossbow on the wall back in the 1970s, not too sure of the history of that.

And then, there is the cross bow pistol.  Not sure when this was developed either, but I think 1960s.  Not really practical.

I well remember the crossbow scene in The Wild Geese.

Shame it doesn't work like that in real life.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd take something resembling a short Bo (walking stick/staff). It's a great close Q weapon with multiple attackers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am old enough to remember when cross bows were considered verboten almost anywhere.
View Quote

You were around during the thirteenth century, when it was declared that the use of the crossbow would end civilization?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't travel without a gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd rather bring a bow. Throw a fishing attachment in the trunk to show lack of intent.
View Quote

This is not possible with crossbow

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Let's say you're going on vacation somewhere where you can't legally bring a gun. I don't get freaked out about going places where I can't bring a gun, but I have to admit I looked it up and I might be able to legally bring a crossbow I can just see myself leading my family n
Back through the apocalypse, dodging zombies or intelligent apes etc, with my trusty compound crossbow with eotech and laser while my wife pushes three shopping carts tied together with the kids, their inflatable cribs, stuffed animals, iPads, her 8 changes of clothes, a high chair, baby food, snack bars....
View Quote
You seem to have put just a little bit too much thought into this...

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You were around during the thirteenth century, when it was declared that the use of the crossbow would end civilization?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite, but close.

I do remember lots of old people declaring that hollow point ammunition was illegal, and that to own gold was illegal.

Of course, I dropped a lot of acid back in the 1960s, so maybe that has some thing to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  The Pope himself decreed Him to be an Infidel.    
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Just take this with you. You'll be fine.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#37]

If it works like this one, hell yeah!!!!

Should have some weapon you can pull out of the stock for the close in work too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Almost witnessed a guy get cuffed for this. I grew a pair of balls for once and explained my understanding of the law to the cops at the airport. I was right and they were wrong. I just happened to be declaring my shit at the same time. Fucking NY.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#39]
What, you didn't want to start a thread called "My wife is forcing me to take a vacation in NYC"???
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Faulty premise...

I don't go places I can't bring a gun.

I can live non-CCW, but if they don't let me even HAVE a gun then it's a no go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#41]
The only thing I can do is try to restore your rights by example brother.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cross bows suck ass.... Are heavy as hell, slow to reload. Suppressed 22LR is the best zombie medicine.... If you gotta use an arrow, use a bow, ditch the fudd ass crossbow.

ZA
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Let's say you're going on vacation somewhere where you can't legally bring a gun. I don't get freaked out about going places where I can't bring a gun, but I have to admit I looked it up and I might be able to legally bring a crossbow I can just see myself leading my family nBack through the apocalypse, dodging zombies or intelligent apes etc, with my trusty compound crossbow with eotech and laser while my wife pushes three shopping carts tied together with the kids, their inflatable cribs, stuffed animals, iPads, her 8 changes of clothes, a high chair, baby food, snack bars....
View Quote

Pepper your angus?
Cos "legal" doesn't mean "won't be harassed for it".

Also, be sure they can't charge you with "hunting without a license" if they feel like giving your angus some extra peppering.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Where can I buy that??????????
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]
How about poll option of "move the hell out of New York"?  Sounds like a winner to me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Nutnfancy says Duracoati it first
View Quote

Shouldn't that be "Nutnfancy takes 50 minutes to say 'Duracoati it first'" ....?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state can consider it a firearm

State and federal law are different things

State definition of a firearm may be different
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't vacation if I cant bring my CCW.

that's it, end of story.

you are probably thinking, but what about your wife? what if she wants to go? that's where the choose wisely part comes into play.

View Quote

Oh, good Lord.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who voted for the Nutnfancy Duracoat option.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top