Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:45:35 PM EDT
I just saw the alert where the 2nd Japanese hostage was murdered by ISIS, and that lead me to wonder what the Japanese think about ISIS and their tactics.  I also recalled, from the Rape of Nanking, how utterly ruthless and brutal the occupying Japanese forces were to the Chinese during WWII.

So, who is/was more brutal?

A. The Imperial Japanese Army occupying Nanking in China.
B. ISIS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What has been done so far by ISIS pales in comparison to the Japanese in WWII(even if you want to pidgeonhole it into just one small period).

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Japs
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Japs
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't seen any pics of ISIS playing catch with an infant on their bayonets.

But, give them time...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What has been done so far by ISIS pales in comparison to the Japanese in WWII(even if you want to pidgeonhole it into just one small period).

View Quote

I suspect most of those who said "ISIS" have never learned about what REALLY happened with the Chinese when the Japanese arrived.  Hollywood has done a GREAT job of glossing over this (especially if it's a Sony distributed movie)

The Japanese were way more SADISTIC.  Murder for them was too simple and straightforward.  They needed to take the long route to killing someone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But, give them time...
View Quote

I have that book on my Amazon wish list but I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I suspect most of those who said "ISIS" have never learned about what REALLY happened with the Chinese when the Japanese arrived.  Hollywood has done a GREAT job of glossing over this (especially if it's a Sony distributed movie)

The Japanese were way more SADISTIC.  Murder for them was too simple and straightforward.  They needed to take the long route to killing someone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They were every bit the match for Nazis in terms of gruesome medical experimentation on live victims as well.  Truly savage, maniacal, twisted shit.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japs

This. Nothing as terrifying as emotionless, institutionalized by-the-numbers massacre.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
They were/ are both fucking savages. The fucking ISIS should get what the Japs got.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They were every bit the match for Nazis in terms of gruesome medical experimentation on live victims as well.  Truly savage, maniacal, twisted shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the things I've read they make the Nazis look like girl scouts.   When I first heard of unit 731, maybe 20 - 25 years ago, it was the first time I felt outrage and sickened at the same time.  As for ISIS, they are amateurs compared to the Japanese.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The Japs by far and they actually were not pussies when face to face with a superior foe
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]

I for one won't shed any tears if the Japanese pay their special brand of evil unto ISIS and those that support ISIS.

In fact, I encourage it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Just because of the shear magnitude of the Rape of Nanking and so on....the Japanese by far!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#14]
My grandfather survived four years as a POW under the Japanese.  He spoke of some things that they did against the POWs; they were, simply put, capable of inhuman torture.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
To Japanese people, the war started on August 6 1945 and ended on August 9.  There's a culture of denial about wartime atrocities that makes your average holocaust denier look like an amateur.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To Japanese people, the war started on August 6 1945 and ended on August 9.  There's a culture of denial about wartime atrocities that makes your average holocaust denier look like an amateur.
View Quote

Tell the people of Tokyo that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit.  The Japanese deny their own atrocities.  I swear, some of y'all need to just stick to Dick, Jane, and Spot.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#18]

After the Doolittle raid in WWII, The Japanese retribution included the killing, mostly by beheading, of approximately 500.000 Chinese.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#19]
There are photos of the comfort women. To my knowledge, ISIS hasn't sunk that low, nor have they tied prisoners to stakes and exploded mines and shells around them to study the wounding effects.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a fair question to those under 40. Too much of the Japanese brutality has been glossed over.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
After what the Japanese did...... I can understand some people's opinions that they should have been totally wiped out.

I mean, they did shit that made the Nazi's stomachs turn.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

After the Doolittle raid in WWII, The Japanese retribution included the killing, mostly by beheading, of approximately 500.000 Chinese.
View Quote

Retribution for the planes landing in China? How did the Japanese tie the Chinese into being responsible for the Doolittle raid?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Japs, and it ain't even close.

I remember an arfcommer telling a story of how his grandads unit was somewhere in the Philippines after the Japs had left. They found a bank in the center of town, and the safe was full of the towns leaders. A couple dozen of them, locked in the safe together likely for a few weeks, all dead. Imagine that for a second.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But, give them time...
View Quote

This.  My dad grew up during the Jap occupation and he remembers seeing this, among other things.

He was diagnosed in the late 80's with PTSD, and it didn't stem from his Navy or Army service.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Japs were the most brutal mofo's to ever live on this planet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just saw the alert where the 2nd Japanese hostage was murdered by ISIS, and that lead me to wonder what the Japanese think about ISIS and their tactics.  I also recalled, from the Rape of Nanking, how utterly ruthless and brutal the occupying Japanese forces were to the Chinese during WWII.

So, who is/was more brutal?

A. The Imperial Japanese Army occupying Nanking in China.
B. ISIS.
View Quote

Evil by varying degrees is still just evil.  Poll is stupid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Both of my Grandfathers hated the Japanese more than the Nazis. When I was a kid I asked my Mom's dad who the bad guys were. He told me that the only bad guys were the Japanese.

Pearl Harbor meant a lot to my family, apparently.

God I miss those men.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Retribution for the planes landing in China? How did the Japanese tie the Chinese into being responsible for the Doolittle raid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the Chinese gave them protection and refuge.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But, give them time...
View Quote

Photos were leaked of them shooting babies a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
ISIS might kill you, but they won't eat you. That can't be said for the Japanese.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#31]
It's Ironic isn't it.

The Japanese people as a whole, supported the Total war of WWII, and are still in total, active denial, of their actions in that war.

Gramps died with Jap Mortar fragments and a 7.7 in him, and nobody hated Japs more than he did after Okinawa.
He seldom talked about things, but when he did, he always mentioned how the IJA flat out fucked up the Okinawan people.
It baffled him that they would do that to their own, and innocents, but understood the hate for the enemy completely.

Isis is amateur hour, as are the Hadji Jihadi fuck sticks.
They are also idiots for pissing off the Japs.

We had to Nuke the fuck out of them, to introduce the idea that in fact, somebody could be more brutal in Total war.
I would be totally open, to letting the Japs off the hook to deal with ISIS and Hadji.
Retribution is completely in order.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It's Ironic isn't it.

The Japanese people as a whole, supported the Total war of WWII, and are still in total, active denial, of their actions in that war.

Gramps died with Jap Mortar fragments and a 7.7 in him, and nobody hated Japs more than he did after Okinawa.

He seldom talked about things, but when he did, he always mentioned how the IJA flat out fucked up the Okinawan people.

It baffled him that they would do that to their own, and innocents, but understood the hate for the enemy completely.

View Quote

I honestly don't think 2 Abombs were enough. But that's politically incorrect.

And these shitbirds act like it was such a travesty that atomic bombs were used against them.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And these shitbirds act like it was such a travesty that atomic bombs were used against them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's Ironic isn't it.

I read somewhere that if a land invasion became necessary, Truman had resolved to drop at least 6 more.  It would have been apocalyptic
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Japanese were more brutal in Nanking.  That having been said, It wouldn't be a really bad idea to "Nagasaki" Isis and see if it ends the same as with the Japs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's Ironic isn't it.

Fuck Politically correct. I totally agree.
After spending time in main land Japan, and getting to know them...Gramps was 100% correct about needing another 2 dozen Nukes.
A more Xenophobic, hateful bunch, does not exist on this planet.
They would cut our throats in a heartbeat still, if given the opportunity, and damn sure let me and other Marines know where we stood, if our skin was kinda dark or brown.

All the same, they are decent folks if kept at a distance, and on a short leash.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After what the Japanese did...... I can understand some people's opinions that they should have been totally wiped out.

View Quote

To be fair, the Nazis did just about everything the Japanese did. Throwing babies into the air and then shooting them, burning people to death, testing all kinds of weapons and chemicals on people in inhumane ways. Probably more average Japanese participated in these acts though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#37]
ISIS is a bunch of FUCKING AMATEURS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Japs by a MF'ing mile.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But, give them time...
View Quote

This is the first thing I thought of.

Japs by far, but give the goat fuckers some time..........
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I agree with those who've pointed towards the IJA, but my opinion is solely  based on what I've been able to read about either group.  

That having been said, much like the West during WWII wasn't completely aware of the atrocities being committed against the Chinese due to the closed nature of their society, especially post WWII, I think the full truth about what ISIS has been doing in the Christian enclaves has yet to fully see light. I also think they are evolving into something even more brutal; what do you think they will do once they've consolidated their gains and become bored; much like the IJA in Nanking?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#41]
i guess when ISIS rapes 6 year old girls and then bayonet them through the vagina to their skull, they will be as brutal as the Japs
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Our friends the Japanese.

My Marine Grandfather who received the Silver Star on Iwo Jima would roll over in his grave hearing those words.

I wonder if my grand kids will same the same about the muzzies in 70 years.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Japan.  It's not even close.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I read somewhere that if a land invasion became necessary, Truman had resolved to drop at least 6 more.  It would have been apocalyptic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's Ironic isn't it.

Truman might have resolved that, but Truman didn't have the bombs to drop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
ISIS are bloodthirsty savages but the Japs actions in WWII eclipse theirs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Ironic isn't it.

I believe Downfall called for popping 10 A-bombs over time.

We were building them.

A lot of people believed the Japs were going to make us kill every last one of them.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I seem to recall reading that John Rabe wrote to Hitler asking for help for the Chinese.

Of course, Rabe didn't know what was going on in Europe at the time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There are photos of the comfort women. To my knowledge, ISIS hasn't sunk that low, nor have they tied prisoners to stakes and exploded mines and shells around them to study the wounding effects.
View Quote

ISIS has already used women as rape slaves.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yazidi-sex-slave-escapes-isis-to-tell-her-story-they-took-us-away-like-cattle-9939770.html

They've killed children, massacred towns, crucified people, thrown them from rooftops, burned them alive - they're monsters.

But they're not efficient or on the same scale as the Japanese.  Yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
-

View Quote

I've read the idea was to use nukes to create a beachhead, landing zone, and area to push into.  Radiation effects weren't being considered and/or weren't understood.

Wiki has some other info on ideas of the time as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall#Nuclear_weapons
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Japs

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top