Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2015 12:52:35 PM EDT
Ok GD I need help selecting an outdoor high definition security camera. I need it to have WiFi and be compatible with tiny Cam pro.

Help me out.

Thanks

Thurman
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ok GD I need help selecting an outdoor high definition security camera. I need it to have WiFi and be compatible with tiny Cam pro.

Help me out.

Thanks

Thurman
View Quote

Panasonic (I think) just came out with a new wireless Wi-Fi camera. Reasonably priced too.

ETA: It's Netgear's new Arlo I was thinking of. Battery powered Wi-Fi cameras.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Panasonic (I think) just came out with a new wireless Wi-Fi camera. Reasonably priced too.

http://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Smart-Security-Camera-System/dp/B00P7EVST6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422723369&sr=8-7&keywords=battery+powered+wireless+camera

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Help me out.

Thanks

Thurman

http://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Smart-Security-Camera-System/dp/B00P7EVST6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422723369&sr=8-7&keywords=battery+powered+wireless+camera

8x 123 batteries, I hope they aren't power hogs, that will get expensive to keep monitoring
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
8x 123 batteries, I hope they aren't power hogs, that will get expensive to keep monitoring

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Help me out.

Thanks

Thurman

I'll find out Monday.

Damn Amazon, anyway!! It's just too damn easy....

I'll let y'all know, but from what I've read they last 6 months or so - depending on how much recording is sent to the cloud.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the reviews says he was getting 6 days on a set of batteries.  That'd get expensive really quick.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One of the reviews says he was getting 6 days on a set of batteries.  That'd get expensive really quick.
View Quote

That issue was due to a firmware glitch and was a false report due to cold weather. It appears to have been cleared up via a firmware upgrade. Sometimes you have to consider the ineptitude of the reviewer.

RANGE REPORT:

I got my Arlo outfit today and I have to admit that the entire setup is genuinely 'idiot proof'. It took me about 20 minutes to have the Arlo router set up and connected to my LAN, the cameral linked to the Arlo router, my account set up via my iPhone, the monitoring website saved on my laptop and netbook, and the parameters set for motion sensing and recording, and I was finished. Very, very simple. Netgear has kept it amazingly simple.

The color picture appears to be better than the Foscam cameras I have, (except for the HD color one), and the night vision appears functional. I can't speak to how far the night vision works as I just got the system set up, but I'm gonna guess it will be adequate for my uses. The daylight color picture is very nice.

The really beautiful thing about this system is the fact that you can put the damn cameras anywhere...without worrying about running power wires. This will prove to be a major coup for the security camera industry. All my other cameras are wireless...but they still require power run to them. Sort of negates the wireless concept. Incidentally, I currently have 5 Foscams and another Chinese PTZ dome camera running via Blue Iris. This little camera smokes all of them except the PTZ unit.

I'm going to look into fabing up a small solar power supply and rechargeable batteries for these cameras.

All in all....I'm really happy with the quality, ease of use, and price of this base system - and I tend to imagine 3 or 4 more Arlo cameras are in my immediate future.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
In for info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top