Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2015 12:49:18 PM EDT
We moved out of AZ a couple years ago  God there was just anything and everything available 24/7 between local forums, backpage, the EE here, you name it there were at least 5 for sale.  I probably bought/sold/traded 30+ firearms in 4-5 years.  Parking lots, restaurants, side of the highway.  Phoenix Backpage sporting goods was seemingly 1000 pages of just guns.  Good times.

NH sucks comparatively.  One of the Facebook buy/sell groups I joined for about a week then unjoined when I figured out it was for fucking retards and tweakers.  The private market here is about 1/100th of AZ and that's being generous.  The NH EE is weak sauce here as well.

Tell me about where you live.  Is there a strong PPT market?  Do you have a local forum that has lots and lots of buy/sell/trade action going on all the time?  I can't imagine anywhere being like Phoenix area.  The only board I've ever seen come close is Indiana gun owners but I don't spend my days looking at every state's local gun forums.  

Oh and if you live in a place that does not allow PPT, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't do private party much locally, but I hear it's great.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't do private party much locally, but I hear it's great.  
View Quote

How can you not?  It's everywhere
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No comment.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
PERSEC
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
PERSEC
View Quote

So texas sucks?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
CT was great before the laws set in two years ago.  I don't know how it is now.  In CT, I rarely even posted things online.  I could let people at the bar know what's up and have offers before the end of the night.  Furthest I ever drove was 45 minutes for a FTF deal.

TN is pretty dismal.  I think a lot of the private party deals have a lot to do with expendable income and local culture.  You find a place where people make money, and you find more people willing to ditch their barely used shit for peanuts.

Down here, people think their shit is gold, and their shit is usually actual shit.

Your best bet is to keep scouring online postings.  Be quick on the draw, and keep $1000 cash handy.

Online auction sites are still good, but if you want something, search for it daily.

I scored a MAS 49/56 in 7.5 for $395 shipped yesterday.  I already have a 49/56 coming in the mail, but a deal is a deal.  Everything is better in pairs anyway.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CT was great before the laws set in two years ago.  I don't know how it is now.  In CT, I rarely even posted things online.  I could let people at the bar know what's up and have offers before the end of the night.  Furthest I ever drove was 45 minutes for a FTF deal.

TN is pretty dismal.  I think a lot of the private party deals have a lot to do with expendable income and local culture.  You find a place where people make money, and you find more people willing to ditch their barely used shit for peanuts.

Down here, people think their shit is gold, and their shit is usually actual shit.

Your best bet is to keep scouring online postings.  Be quick on the draw, and keep $1000 cash handy.

Online auction sites are still good, but if you want something, search for it daily.

I scored a MAS 49/56 in 7.5 for $395 shipped yesterday.  I already have a 49/56 coming in the mail, but a deal is a deal.  Everything is better in pairs anyway.

View Quote

What did you use in CT, northeast shooters?  That's interesting about TN, I would have thought it was a free for all like AZ
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Mostly hi points and tapco stocked SKSs here, occasionally some good stuff
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Local forums?  NM EE?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't sell the firearms I buy or make. I don't buy stolen firearms or those used in crimes.
View Quote

So ppt is only for criminals?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Local forums?  NM EE?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local forums?  NM EE?

Local facebook groups. The NM EE is just sad with hardly anything ever for sale
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Local facebook groups
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local forums?  NM EE?

Local facebook groups

Yes, same here, mostly shit, rarely quality stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So texas sucks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PERSEC

So texas sucks?

No, I'm not saying what I do for reasons of personal security.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PERSEC

So texas sucks?

Well you don't have to describe specifically what you do.  I'm asking about the local market.  Like, "Texas is great there's tons of stuff available."
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I hear you OP, had to move from Tucson to IL last year.  When I was in AZ, did over 50 transactions with other private parties.  Backpage had at least 300 new listings per day for Tucson alone and the drive to Phoenix wasn't far either.  Here in IL it is all Facebook groups and very few folks on there know anything about firearms other than shotguns and handguns under $350. Can't wait to retire in a few years and get back to Arizona.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't sell the firearms I buy or make. I don't buy stolen firearms or those used in crimes.

Yes, which is why we desperately need universal background checks. If you're buying or selling a gun in a parking lot it's because you're a criminal, or dealing with one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So texas sucks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PERSEC

So texas sucks?

Texas is pretty good for private party sales.

I've bought stuff on texas gun trader without any hassle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#19]
... have you considered moving back?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PERSEC

So texas sucks?

Dude you just totally blew your persec I'm going to steal all your guns now
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, which is why we desperately need universal background checks. If you're buying or selling a gun in a parking lot it's because you're a criminal, or dealing with one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What in the fuck did you just say?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope he is being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh, I don't do much with private sales. I can get stuff at wholesale, so that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's pretty much the same here in NM the private FTF sales aren't worth it.  I have been able to get some decent deals at some of the smaller gun shops though.  The pawn shops on the other hand are higher then Tyrone Biggums.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What did you use in CT, northeast shooters?  That's interesting about TN, I would have thought it was a free for all like AZ
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just used the EE for online stuff.  I sold like 20 guns in the panic, but only posted a few online.

Hell, the last day before the ban went into effect, the CT HTF rules were bent a bit and there seemed to be a free-for-all thread of "whatcha got for sale?"
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
... have you considered moving back?
View Quote

Yes but that's way down the road
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Between our stupid background check laws and magazine limits it has killed the market here in co
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of local activity.
But quality is lacking

Mostly hi points being swapped for Taurus and handi rifles swapped for new marlin 30-30s. Or you can buy a G22 for $550 because that's 'what I have invested'

They are some rare deals.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lots of local activity. But quality is lacking

Mostly hi points being swapped for Taurus and handi rifles swapped for new marlin 30-30s. Or you can buy a G22 for $550 because that's 'what I have invested'

View Quote

Sounds like NH.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I suggest you leave NH and get back to AZ.
View Quote

Would be nice as far as weather and availability of firearms but NH isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the fuck out of here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sarcasm meter is working.  I think it's sarcasm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sounds like NH.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of local activity. But quality is lacking

Sounds like NH.  

Sounds like CA, but with junk firearms. Plenty of nice stuff, but used CZ-75s go for $550, junk ARs for $800, AKs for $800. Some good deals but most people seem to price stuff very high.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Pretty good here if you like Glocks with polished slides and paying new prices for used guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

ETA: Before you fuckers put a foot in my ass, I'm also being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think your sarcasm meter needs to be replaced. Apparently, the ECU is not getting the required voltage.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pretty good here if you like Glocks with polished slides and paying new prices for used guns.
View Quote

Yep thats a problem everywhere I think which is why I have always held the belief that classifieds should be like the pit and anything goes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#40]
last week I bought a baby

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
last week I bought a baby

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?!!??!!

Opinion withheld , statist ignored ......'click'

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Smitro , make sure you check out Riley's in Hooksett

https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A0LEVxRENs1UuWsAH7JXNyoA?id=10354890&stx=Riley's+in+Hooksett&csz=0

Lots of great deals and lots of used stuff in the back (reloading components , cases, partial boxes of ammo , etc)

That place used to get a lot of my spare money when I lived in Manch-Vegas

Also , Kittery Trading Post as well , just over the border .
ETA: Uncle Henry's is mostly Mainers , but has quite a few NH ads sometimes

http://www.unclehenrys.com/search/Guns%20&%20Ammo

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A0LEVxRENs1UuWsAH7JXNyoA?id=10354890&stx=Riley's+in+Hooksett&csz=0

Lots of great deals and lots of used stuff in the back (reloading components , cases, partial boxes of ammo , etc)

View Quote

That's an FFL, no?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
That's an FFL, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's an FFL, no?

Of course....it's a business . But the selection and prices are great .

Uncle Henry's is a swap&sell site and weekly paper.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's an FFL, no?

Just checked out Uncle Henry's.  Yawn.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Well then . . . go back to Arizona

Aint nobody holding a gun to your head and making you stay (yawn)
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOuldn't give my left nut to go back but, maybe the tip of my pinkie finger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The best part of the country I ever dealt with over the past 20+ years of traveling , was southern Ohio .

Holy shit there were a lot of deals down there . I bought 13 guns in the 9 months I was working/living in Marietta ....cheap!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The best part of the country I ever dealt with over the past 20+ years of traveling , was southern Ohio .

Holy shit there were a lot of deals down there . I bought 13 guns in the 9 months I was working/living in Marietta ....cheap!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's really too bad Ohio has to have so many cities dragging it down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top