Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Some great ones mentioned already, some I've seen, some I'll have to see again, some I have yet to see.  My personal favorite is THE EAGLE HAS LANDED, Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duval and Larry Hagman at their best with an awesome story, thanks to the book by Jack Higgins.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Recommend that you do.
Tell you what. I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll spot you the NetFlix fee if you don't like it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Lighthorsemen

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYyMjQ4MTU3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkzNDQzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

In 1917 when the British forces are bogged down in front of the Turkish and German lines in Palestine they rely on the Australian light horse regiment to break the deadlock.

Eiber and Siskel gave this movie two thumbs up and both stated that the final charge was the best horse scene ever filmed. I'll repeat that, it has the best horse scene ever filmed.

Mild profanity(IIRC they used the word 'bullshit') and a brief scene of male nudity that is of extreme hilarity, especially to anyone with .mil experience .  Well, worth the watch. It can be watched by the entire family.
wow.  
Never seen it.
Thanks
Recommend that you do.
Tell you what. I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll spot you the NetFlix fee if you don't like it.

Excellent movie. It just happened to be on cable the same day that I bought my first Lithgow SMLE years ago.

CSB
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Edmond O'Brien as Dutton Peabody in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kellys heros is great movie,  clint is awsome.

This was the movie that got me dreaming of rock climbing and mountaineering.  I never understood what it was about when I was young.  And my dad editted out the titties at the begining part.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Eiger_sanction.jpg

Skipping up a decade I freaking loved this movie. Awsome kungfoo.  
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.jpg
View Quote

The Eiger Sanction is an awesome flick and highly under rated as far as Eastwood movies go
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Our Man In Havana (1959) with Alec Guinness is a good flick.

Burl Ives, Ernie Kovacs, Noel Coward

and Maureen O'Hara.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's go back a ways

Detour - 1945
Widely regarded as one of the first proper first proper "Film Noir" films and one of the best.

Out of the Past - 1947
Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas and Rhonda Fleming's big boobs.  
Film historians consider the film a superb example of film noir due to its convoluted, dark storyline, dark cinematography and classic femme fatale. The film's cinematographer Nicholas Musuraca also shot Tourneur's Cat People. In 1991, Out of the Past was added to the United States National Film Registry as being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant

The Killing - 1956
One of my favorite movies.  
Directed by Stanley Kubrick.  Starring Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Marie Windsor, and Elisha Cook Jr.
Sterling Hayden gets overlooked as one of the best actors of his generation.  The supporting cast is excellent.
An excellent example of 1950's Film Noir.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's go back a ways

Detour - 1945
Widely regarded as one of the first proper first proper "Film Noir" films and one of the best.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/detour_1945_zps2e10189c.jpg

Out of the Past - 1947
Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas and Rhonda Fleming's big boobs.  
Film historians consider the film a superb example of film noir due to its convoluted, dark storyline, dark cinematography and classic femme fatale. The film's cinematographer Nicholas Musuraca also shot Tourneur's Cat People. In 1991, Out of the Past was added to the United States National Film Registry as being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/fulloutofthepast-22587__16059138445339112801280_zpscf3f42b3.jpg

The Killing - 1956
One of my favorite movies.  
Directed by Stanley Kubrick.  Starring Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Marie Windsor, and Elisha Cook Jr.
Sterling Hayden gets overlooked as one of the best actors of his generation.  The supporting cast is excellent.
An excellent example of 1950's Film Noir.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/killing_zpsbb1b5333.jpg
View Quote

The Killing is one of my favorite films. Timothy Carey as Nikki Arcane was pure creepiness.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Stephen Lang is probably the best actor working today because he doesn't play himself, the way bigger-name actors do. He disappears into his roles. His work in Tombstone, Public Enemies, Gods and Generals, White Irish Drinkers, etc. is usually the best part of the movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since this movie is over 20 years old, I have to go with this guy's performance, which might be the best acting I've ever seen:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6upl2ecgb1ryljseo1_1280.png

Good one.  He exudes odious coward in that role.

Agreed, but it goes beyond that. With all of the other characters in the movie, I knew the actors and actresses that played them, and while many of them were interesting or entertaining to watch, this particular character actually convinced me I wasn't watching an actor...act. It's hard to explain, but maybe it had something to do with me not being familiar with Stephan Lang, therefore I didn't recognize him during the movie. Having said that, his performance was so genuine, so thorough, so complete, that my brain pretty much accepted his part of the film as being somehow actually played by the historical person.

It's kind of weird, but there it is. To my knowledge, there's never been another actor or actress that pulled that off and tricked my brain like that.

Stephen Lang is probably the best actor working today because he doesn't play himself, the way bigger-name actors do. He disappears into his roles. His work in Tombstone, Public Enemies, Gods and Generals, White Irish Drinkers, etc. is usually the best part of the movie.
I saw Stephen Lang on Broadway years ago when "A Few Good Men" was then onstage. . .He played the Jack Nicholson part (Colonel?).  He stole every scene he was in.  He reminds me of Richard Widmark, in that he does exude a "I'll kick your ass" physicality and menace.  He was also in Avatar---played the Army badass guy. . .He's in great shape for a guy his age ---62!  Don't know why he's not a bigger star----maybe he doesn't want to be. . .

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure F Murray Abraham won an Oscar for his role as Salieri.

He's make a good add to the list for his coked-up drug-dealer in Scarface though.
View Quote
He also had a small role in "Serpico". . .one of the narcotic cops that went into the apartment building when Serpico gets shot in the face. . .

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Peter Lorre in Casablanca

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Not as old as the other movies mentioned, but definitely one that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It's been referenced here in GD many times but I rarely meet anybody who knows this movie.

Walken and Hopper.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Our Man In Havana (1959) with Alec Guinness is a good flick.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll put Burl Ives in The Big Country under the forgotten list since he did win an Oscar for the performance.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not as old as the other movies mentioned, but definitely one that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It's been referenced here in GD many times but I rarely meet anybody who knows this movie.

Walken and Hopper.

http://youtu.be/S3yon2GyoiM
View Quote

I came in to post this specific scene.  

This is absolutely one of my favorite scenes in any movie.  Dennis Hopper delivers a freaking ten minute long racial slur to the guy with a gun to Dennis' head.  Everything about this scene is spot on.  Acting, direction, writing, lighting, pacing.  This is what it looks like when a movie comes together.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always liked tough guy revenge movies from the '60s and '70s.  

Rolling Thunder is at the top of the list, and is a bit of a forgotten gem.  The scene where Tommy Lee Jones is eating dinner with his family while William Devane is there is almost excruciating.  When Devane tells Jones that he found the men who killed his family and they're holed up in a whore house in Juarez, Jones just goes, "I'll grab my gear."  There's no discussion of can you help me, or let me go with you.  Nothing.  It's the unspoken understanding between two men of how their friendship is.  In that way I find it very similar to the end scene in Ride the High Country where one guy is giving his dying thoughts to the other who basically tells him it's not necessary to say it out loud because it's known.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Eiger Sanction is an awesome flick and highly under rated as far as Eastwood movies go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kellys heros is great movie,  clint is awsome.

This was the movie that got me dreaming of rock climbing and mountaineering.  I never understood what it was about when I was young.  And my dad editted out the titties at the begining part.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Eiger_sanction.jpg

Skipping up a decade I freaking loved this movie. Awsome kungfoo.  
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.jpg

I totally agree it was sadly under rated and and is worthy of attention.  It had some great cenematography, this was not CGI.

Even George Kennedy was cool in it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Robert Duvall as Marine Corps Colonel "Bull" Meechum in "The Great Santini" (1979)

Nominated for an Oscar as Best Actor, but unfortunately was up against Robert DeNiro (as Jake LaMotta) in "Raging Bull, who ultimately was given the award. Still, "The Great Santini" is a must see movie if for Duvall's performance alone.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Barbara Bel Geddes as Midge in Vertigo.  Her performance anchors the whole movie.  

Richard Gaines in Double Indemnity.  He's hilarious as the clueless owner of the insurance company.  

Jean Hagen as Sterling Hayden's girlfriend in The Asphalt Jungle.  Very touching performance.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Will Penny (1968) Poster
Charleton Heston has been called one of the truly great actors. Ben Hur, being one of his greatest roles.
But, to me Will Penny is his greatest role. He always seemed to play a role as being bold, unafraid, but Will Penny was the total opposite.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Rolling Thunder is at the top of the list, and is a bit of a forgotten gem.  The scene where Tommy Lee Jones is eating dinner with his family while William Devane is there is almost excruciating.  When Devane tells Jones that he found the men who killed his family and they're holed up in a whore house in Juarez, Jones just goes, "I'll grab my gear."  There's no discussion of can you help me, or let me go with you.  Nothing.  It's the unspoken understanding between two men of how their friendship is.  In that way I find it very similar to the end scene in Ride the High Country where one guy is giving his dying thoughts to the other who basically tells him it's not necessary to say it out loud because it's known.  

View Quote
Yes!  Very good movie, of it's kind. . .and yes, that scene is awesome. . . I too was struck by the stark understanding and willingness of TLJ's character at that moment. . .not a moment's hesitation. . . very moving actually. . ..

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Have always loved the movie, "Breaking Away".. . .there's a few sub-plots in the movie.  One of which is the romance between "Shorty" (Jack Earl Hailey) and his girlfriend (can't remember the actress's name, and I'm not going to look it up).  They are both poor and homely.  They decide to get married.  Can't remember if it's to get the marriage license, or to actually get married, but they meet at the town hall, and walk in.  

There is something about their total lack of cynicism, their lack of worry, or what other's think, or the fact that they have no money, aren't really attractive----they just love each other and want to get married.  I know it's just a representation of people, but all these years later, that. . . . purity?. . .un-affectedness, I still remember. . . I found it very moving for some reason. . . . . . Totally the opposite of now when people insist on staging huge spectacles of themselves in the form of over the top weddings. . .

I guess you'd call it humility. . .
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I always liked the sheriff in Angel and the Badman, cool dude.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:23:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Melvyn Douglas' performance in Hud.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:28:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Edmund O'Brien as Freddie Sykes in The Wild Bunch.  

http://<a href=http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/cashbailey_photos/images_zpsruuka6s0.jpg</a>" />

Pike Bishop: They set it up.

Lyle Gorch: "They"? Who in the hell is "they?"

Sykes: [laughs hysterically] "They"? Why, they is the plain and fancy they, that's who "they" is! Caught you, didn't they? Tied a tin can to your tail. Led you in and waltzed you out again. Oh my, what a bunch! Big tough ones, hunh? Here you are with a handful of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is "they?"
View Quote

I tend to agree.  
<-----
and see sig line!

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:35:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Harvey Keitel in The Duellists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwIrONyEzg

Ridley Scott's first movie, I think.  

If you haven't seen it yet, you're blowing it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#27]
If you didn't know it, Levon Helm from "The Band" has been in a few movies.

Every time I saw him in a movie, I thought the actor I didn't recognize put on a spectacular performance. I'd look it up and it was him.

He had small parts in...

Coal miners daughter

The right stuff

Shooter

He was amazing in each of them.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Another underrated performance is Dustin Hoffman in Straight Time.  I think it's his best performance but practically no one has ever heard of the film.

Harry Dean Stanton gives an epic performance in it as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If you didn't know it, Levon Helm from "The Band" has been in a few movies.

View Quote

Every time I saw him in a movie, I thought the actor I didn't recognize put on a spectacular performance. I'd look it up and it was him.

He had small parts in...

Coal miners daughter

The right stuff

Shooter

He was amazing in each of them.

Never saw the Right Stuff, but Coal Miners Daughter is an excellent movie. Shooter was pretty good, just a little over the top at the end, wish they would of toned it down a little.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Have always loved the movie, "Breaking Away".. . .there's a few sub-plots in the movie.  One of which is the romance between "Shorty" (Jack Earl Hailey) and his girlfriend (can't remember the actress's name, and I'm not going to look it up).  They are both poor and homely.  They decide to get married.  Can't remember if it's to get the marriage license, or to actually get married, but they meet at the town hall, and walk in.  

There is something about their total lack of cynicism, their lack of worry, or what other's think, or the fact that they have no money, aren't really attractive----they just love each other and want to get married.  I know it's just a representation of people, but all these years later, that. . . . purity?. . .un-affectedness, I still remember. . . I found it very moving for some reason. . . . . . Totally the opposite of now when people insist on staging huge spectacles of themselves in the form of over the top weddings. . .

View Quote
I've always loved that movie, great performances all around. Made be wanna grow up in Bloomington.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've always loved that movie, great performances all around. Made be wanna grow up in Bloomington.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refund?!!!

Truly a classic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Robert Duvall as Marine Corps Colonel "Bull" Meechum in "The Great Santini" (1979)

View Quote

Nominated for an Oscar as Best Actor, but unfortunately was up against Robert DeNiro (as Jake LaMotta) in "Raging Bull, who ultimately was given the award. Still, "The Great Santini" is a must see movie if for Duvall's performance alone.

His performance is over the top ! Another performance I always think Oscar passed by is Denzel's acting in Malcolm X, I never get tired of watching that film, he is Malcolm X. He just owned it. Nobody else could done it like him.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Refund?!!!
Truly a classic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Refund?!!!
Truly a classic.
Refund, Refund ! Even when he's laying on the couch, Refund. "But Papa, you gave him your word" ?it was a Corvette, too. LOL
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Walken and Hopper.

http://youtu.be/S3yon2GyoiM
View Quote
True Romance

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'll put Burl Ives in The Big Country under the forgotten list since he did win an Oscar for the performance.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GMiD6PU8SKI/hqdefault.jpg
View Quote
Burl Ives really comes alive during Christmas, is version of Holly Jolly Christmas is the best !

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#36]
William Friedkin's "SORCERER"

Friedkin's existential retelling of "Wages Of Fear".

Four men (terrorist, hitman, mobster, imbezzler) hide from their respective past
in a  South American hell hole working remote jungle oil rigs.

When the drilling platform suffers a catastrophic explosion, a call goes out
for anyone willing to truck unstable explosives needed to blow out the well fire.
The road is perilous, the payday big, the odds for success near zero.

Friedkin (The Exorcist, The French Connection) released this film in 1977 at the same time  as "Star Wars".
So needless to say, it was overlooked at the box office.  Today it is considered a forgotten cinema masterpiece.
After decades of litigation Friedkin won the distribution rights and released it to Bluray last year.

The movie is gritty and tense.  Many of the cast battled jungle related illness during principle photography.
Friedkin himself suffered with malaria contracted during the  brutal shooting schedule.

The film's title is taken from ames given the transport trucks (SORCERER & LAZRO).

Here's a taste set to THE ROLLING STONES "Gimme Shelter"
SORCERER
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Caine Mutiny (1954)-  Humphrey Bogart usually gets the accolades for his performance (which is completely warranted) but Jose Ferrer's performance as the defense attorney for the mutineers is excellent.
View Quote

Ferrer was great in that. (Fred McMurray was actually really good, too. I fucking hated him.)

Quoted:
Another underrated performance is Dustin Hoffman in Straight Time.  I think it's his best performance but practically no one has ever heard of the film.
View Quote

Top notch movie, with great performances by just about the whole cast.
Based on a book by Eddie Bunker, who also appears in the movie. (He was also Mr. Blue in "Reservoir Dogs.")

Quoted:
View Quote

Best role of Roy Scheider's career, IMO. The desperation bordering on insanity radiated off of him like heat in that movie.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ferrer was great in that. (Fred McMurray was actually really good, too. I fucking hated him.)

Based on a book by Eddie Bunker, who also appears in the movie. (He was also Mr. Blue in "Reservoir Dogs.")

Best role of Roy Scheider's career, IMO. The desperation bordering on insanity radiated off of him like heat in that movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Caine Mutiny (1954)-  Humphrey Bogart usually gets the accolades for his performance (which is completely warranted) but Jose Ferrer's performance as the defense attorney for the mutineers is excellent.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friedkin originally intended Steve McQueen for lead role.  McQeen loved the script but was just recently
married to Ali McGraw and was reluctant to be away from her for months.  Eventually the role
went to Roy Schieder who at the time was riding high off of "Jaws".  Scheider once stated it was
the most dangerous job he ever took.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Another of the renowned actors in a forgotten film category - Harrison Ford in Mosquito Coast.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Another of the renowned actors in a forgotten film category - Harrison Ford in Mosquito Coast.
View Quote

Different movie, but while set in different eras, always are associated together in my mind (probably due to the proximity in the video rental store).

How was "The Mission"?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Different movie, but while set in different eras, always are associated together in my mind (probably due to the proximity in the video rental store).

How was "The Mission"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How was "The Mission"?

I absolutely love The Mission.

A great double feature is The Mission and Apocalypse Now.  Both about Westerners venturing into the jungle and corrupting/being corrupted by their surroundings.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#42]
1959, "On the Beach"  Ava Gardner's role as a "jet-setter", a play girl who faces her own (and the world's) death. There is nothing that can save you now, not looks, not money, nothing.
Yeah, Gregory Peck was good, but he was still just Gregory Peck.  Without the foil of Ava the movie would have been boring and pedantic, she lent a truly nihilistic attitude that shocked the audiences of the time and showed way too much emotion (uncomfortably so, it still makes us think about our own demise)
Honorable mention to Fred Astaire in the same movie.  Not bad for him, but not as empathetic a performance as her's.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:19:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Four men (terrorist, hitman, mobster, imbezzler) hide from their respective past

for anyone willing to truck unstable explosives needed to blow out the well fire.

Friedkin (The Exorcist, The French Connection) released this film in 1977 at the same time  as "Star Wars".
So needless to say, it was overlooked at the box office.  Today it is considered a forgotten cinema masterpiece.
After decades of litigation Friedkin won the distribution rights and released it to Bluray last year.

The movie is gritty and tense.  Many of the cast battled jungle related illness during principle photography.
Friedkin himself suffered with malaria contracted during the  brutal shooting schedule.

The film's title is taken from ames given the transport trucks (SORCERER & LAZRO).

SORCERER
View Quote

I actually find this to be Friedkin's most enjoyable film, if not his best.  That scene where they're trying to cross that bridge.  Amazing.  No other word for it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:26:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I actually think Warren Oates is amazing more than a couple of times, though these days he's all but forgotten.  

He was perfect as arguably the dumber of the two Gorch brothers in The Wild Bunch.

He was great in Two Lane Black Top as GTO.

I can't picture anyone else playing Bennie in Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia.  

He was great in a western directed by Peter Fonda of all people that is weird, dream-like and almost disturbing called The Hired Hand.

In Ride The High Country he was perfectly white trash nasty.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]
And while I'm on the subject of actors who worked more than once with Sam Peckinpah,  how about Strother Martin?  

A couple of my favorites:

In The Wild Bunch he was awesome.  It seems like every time I see that movie I notice something else he did (along with L.Q. Jones) that was brilliantly hilarious.

In Hard Times, which I think is one of Charles Bronson's best movies, he was the opium-addicted doctor ("Some men were born to failure, while others have had it thrust upon them.)

And he was at the top of his form in Slap Shot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:51:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of Devane's best roles, IMO.
OP, thanks for starting this thread. And thanks to all who have contributed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

SORCERER
View Quote

Excellent analysis, by the way, my wife and I saw this film upon its release on one of our first dates.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Excellent analysis, by the way, my wife and I saw this film upon its release on one of our first dates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SORCERER

Are you like... old... or something?

In all seriousness though, "Sorcerer" was a great movie. I had pre-ordered the Blu-Ray when it was first announced, and when it arrived, I watched it back to back with "The Wages of Fear."
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Pretty much a forgotten flick.  Burn! with Marlon Brando.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

SORCERER
View Quote
Wow,I'd forgotten all about that gem....a truly great flick!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top