Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2015 9:49:29 PM EDT
I started taking creatine a couple weeks ago and haven't really been drinking that much. Last night I went out and had a couple manhattans, a shot of tequila, a seagram's 7 and an IPA and I spent all day in bed, unable to move with a headache and a horrible hangover.

While I mixed alcohols, that amount should not have put me out of commission like it did. The only thing that I can think of is that I was on a relatively empty stomach, I'd been taking creatine for the past couple of weeks and that it might have caused excessive dehydration. Anyone have experience with this?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
really shouldn't make a difference
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Creatine? No.

Dehydration - yes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I take it and havent noticed anything like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Beats me.
I've never been in such a sorry state that I need to take creatine, nor do I drink so much that I have hangovers....

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
moar wata brah
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Recycling Adenosine Triphosphate won't make hangovers worse...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Drink more water.  If you drink liqueur drink even more water.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Creatine super saturates your muscles. You should drink more water when taking it because its putting more water in your muscle. Hangovers are a lot about not enough water and too much alcohol.

I don't know if creatine has a direct effect, but its not outrageous to think there's a correlation.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beats me.I've never been in such a sorry state that I need to take creatine, nor do I drink so much that I have hangovers....

View Quote

You sound like a blast to hang out with
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Why the fuck would you be on creatine and getting wasted.  Either live healty or don't.  I don't have any hangover problems from creatine.  Because I put in work, eat right, and don't get wasted like a dumbass
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Beats me.I've never been in such a sorry state that I need to take creatine, nor do I drink so much that I have hangovers....

As a matter of fact, I am.

But then, I don't hang out in the testosterone weight lifting shops much....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As a matter of fact, I am.   But then, I don't hang out in the testosterone weight lifting shops much....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a matter of fact, I am.   But then, I don't hang out in the testosterone weight lifting shops much....

So basically you dont know jack shit about the topic of this thread and just came to troll.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even lift, brah?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#14]
You have a German flag and you're asking questions like this?

My Oma taught me 2 things:

Mann muß ein Boden rein tun.

Für jedes Bier, ein Glas Wasser.

I was 12 when I learned that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you be on creatine and getting wasted.  Either live healty or don't.  I don't have any hangover problems from creatine.  Because I put in work, eat right, and don't get wasted like a dumbass
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Creatine? No.

Dehydration - yes.
View Quote
This.  You need even more water if you use creatine.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What an idiot going out and having a good time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Getting wasted is fun.

I take creatine when I'm lifting.  It does make me feel more thirsty.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
My only high is lifting weights, looking at my gains in the full length mirror while I touch myself, and admiring the sweaty, glistening manliness of the other guys at the gym who take their body serious.

<snicker>
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I do creatine monohydrate(awesome stuff) cycles sometimes and never had an issue with hangovers after a night of heavy drinking. Keep in mind heavy drinking  hurts gains and probabily has a negative impact on the positive gains you get from creatine. 'Heavy' drinking and creatine is something I am guilty of but its very very far and few...  When I cycle creatine I try not to really even drink much at all other then like your typical one or to drinks with dinner two or three times a week socially.

The cause was probably the empty stomach plus dehydration. My secret after a night of heavy drinking to aviod hang overs is coconut water. Usually around 0300-0400 when I wake back up I go into the kitchen and chug it wether I am thirsty or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Whats the skinny on creatine these days?  Havent read anything about it for over ten years.

Any health concerns?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whats the skinny on creatine these days?  Havent read anything about it for over ten years.

Any health concerns?

View Quote

I was wondering that too. I've read a little about it, not exactly sure what it does though.

Don't you get it naturally through eating meat?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Do you even lift, brah?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you even lift, brah?
As a matter of fact - I do!

I just don't see the need to ingest chemicals when you don't have to.

Here is my personal setup:

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]
when i was in college and lifting really heavy i started taking creatin......I normally would drink about 12 or so beers when out...that night i was trashed TRASHED on 3 beers......Quit taking it after that...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, you're so fucking cool. Tell us more about how little you know when it comes to working out or lifting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As a matter of fact - I do!I just don't see the need to ingest chemicals when you don't have to.

http://m1.i.pbase.com/o9/72/325172/1/156392141.tmp2MCBm.BodySolid2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even lift, brah?
As a matter of fact - I do!I just don't see the need to ingest chemicals when you don't have to.

Hahaha - you realize creatine is naturally occurring in meat and fish, right? And that you'd have to eat a great deal of it every day to get the proper amount for your body?

Nice setup btw, my grandma has the same one. Where is the eliptical?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even lift, brah?

Do you compete?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hahaha - you realize creatine is naturally occurring in meat and fish, right? And that you'd have to eat a great deal of it every day to get the proper amount for your body?

Nice setup btw, my grandma has the same one. Where is the eliptical?
View Quote

Maybe if he took creatine he could bench more than 135
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My only high is lifting weights, looking at my gains in the full length mirror while I touch myself, and admiring the sweaty, glistening manliness of the other guys at the gym who take their body serious.

View Quote

<snicker>
You are fat, aren't you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Creatine? No.

Dehydration - yes.
View Quote

This is the answer you're looking for. When taking Creatine you should be making every effort to stay properly hydrated as it works your kidneys hard.

I would bet that wheter you thought so or not, you were already dehydrated when you headed out to drink.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Creatine? Isn't that like steroids?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#32]
What effect does creatine have on the kidneys and liver? Probably not a good idea to throw it into the mix with heavy drinking either way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Creatine? Isn't that like steroids?
View Quote

No, its not steroids.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I take it and havent noticed anything like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What effect does creatine have on the kidneys and liver? Probably not a good idea to throw it into the mix with heavy drinking either way.
View Quote

I was just reading some studies on it. Apparently provided you adjust your water intake correctly it has no noticeable indicators of kidney or liver stress. The tested athletes on both long and short term cycles.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#36]
What did you get a hangover from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top