Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2015 9:33:59 PM EDT
Is a bunch of bull...who actually qualifies for it?  one of the qualifying factors is your property must be worth 85,000 or less.

you cant even buy a closet for $85,000 in most of NY. So i dont know exactly what kind of homeownery would qualify for this tax credit
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you pay property tax on cars in NY?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you pay property tax on cars in NY?

http://youtu.be/uP_A-Ysf3Ss
View Quote

no this is real estate property tax ... no property tax on cars
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a $75 credit

http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/credits/real_property_tax_credit.htm
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Assessed at 80k....

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Where do you live OP?

Come out to the woods, houses aren't worth shit. Because it takes an hour of driving 55mph to get to work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]

doesnt say assessed value...it says real value. So isnt that mean market value? practically nobody is living in a  house thats going for less than $85,000 in NY
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

doesnt say assessed value...it says real value. So isnt that mean market value? practically nobody is living in a  house thats going for less than $85,000 in NY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, you can gauge market at value at whatever you want can't you?

"No seriously...I was thinking of putting on the market for 84k right after tax season Mr. Tax man"

Loads of people in trailers around here too....

We bought our house at 69k, and we don't live in squalor. I couldn't imagine trying to live anywhere near the city, we get transplants up here and they always comment on how cheap everything is.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
There are houses around me that go for less than $80k.  I live in a decent suburban neighborhood.  Almost no crime.  We were the safest town / city in America a few years back. A house for 80k won't be a McMansion, but will be fine for a small family.  It won't be a dump and will have a backyard. We have a good school system, not that I care.  Lots of businesses of all kinds around though.  Strip mall hell I call it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top