Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think that Canadians will be involved with the building and upkeep of the pipeline.

Do you have any idea how many Americans this project will employ ?
Not talking fast food restaurant wages either.

Long term this project not only creates more American jobs , but more oil independence from the M.E. and 3rd world countries.

Sorry if you voted for that retard that is in office but you get a pass for just being plain stupid.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are being played on Keystone.

Only the Canadians profit from this thing.

I don't think that Canadians will be involved with the building and upkeep of the pipeline.

Long term this project not only creates more American jobs , but more oil independence from the M.E. and 3rd world countries.

Sorry if you voted for that retard that is in office but you get a pass for just being plain stupid.

35 permanent jobs according to the State Department. At the risk of contaminating one of our most important reservoirs. As well as eminent domain bullshit for people who don't want a pipeline on their land.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I would rather they build a refinery than a pipe to send oil across the US to the highest bidder.The northeast needs a Natural gas pipeline more than Canada needs a way to transport tar sands oil.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LOL...They'll need a lot more than 5 to get 2/3 override. Why? Because the Dems in vulnerable States only voted for it because they know that Obongo will veto. That way, they can tell their constituents they voted for it. And when they don't vote for an override (and they won't), nobody will be the wiser and they can still say they "voted yes" for Keystone during reelection time. Its all one big game...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Senate only needs 5 votes to override

LOL...They'll need a lot more than 5 to get 2/3 override. Why? Because the Dems in vulnerable States only voted for it because they know that Obongo will veto. That way, they can tell their constituents they voted for it. And when they don't vote for an override (and they won't), nobody will be the wiser and they can still say they "voted yes" for Keystone during reelection time. Its all one big game...

If the Dems who voted for it don't vote for it on an override, then they voted for it before they voted against it, which will destroy the narrative you say they are trying to create.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

35 permanent jobs according to the State Department. At the risk of contaminating one of our most important reservoirs. As well as eminent domain bullshit for people who don't want a pipeline on their land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to your State department ?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, okay.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wrong.  Planned expansion also allows for transportation of North Dakota crude, which will benefit the entire upper Midwest dramatically. That's not taking into account the construction jobs created, or the royalties that will be paid to landowners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.  Planned expansion also allows for transportation of North Dakota crude, which will benefit the entire upper Midwest dramatically. That's not taking into account the construction jobs created, or the royalties that will be paid to landowners.

And less goddamn trains through my town! Bring it on
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The hold-up is in the section that crosses the Ogallala Aquifer in South Dakota.

How long has the trans-Alaskan pipeline been in existence with no major issues? The difference between the Alaskan Pipeline and the XL is the XL can all be put underground and the trans-Alaskan had major segments above the ground to protect the perma-frost.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know much about this.  My understanding is that the keystone pipeline already exists and this is just some sort of shortcut that is going to be built?  What sort of impact will the construction have on the area it is being built in?

Government approval is needed for the part that is international.
The hold-up is in the section that crosses the Ogallala Aquifer in South Dakota.

How long has the trans-Alaskan pipeline been in existence with no major issues? The difference between the Alaskan Pipeline and the XL is the XL can all be put underground and the trans-Alaskan had major segments above the ground to protect the perma-frost.

Is that what it is?  I probably have it all wrong, but I thought they needed approval for the international crossing but gov. doesn't like the overall plan so deny the crossing?  Is this mostly public land in the U.S. or private?  

Can you explain the basic nuts and bolts of this thing, I'm not sure I understand and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Mostly people just scream that it's great or it sucks, without explaining the process of approvals needed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, okay.

What jobs does a pipeline create? Once it's built, there's very little maintenance. It benefits Canadian oil companies at the expense of American citizens. Nearly zero benefit for anyone who isn't a shareholder or executive of Transcanada. Many adverse effects in the form of contaminated water and property rights violations.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What the fuck is H+ on the phone?
View Quote

I'm not sure, it's not my phone.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

35 permanent jobs is more than likely the people to Operate the pipeline, NOT the people they will have to hire to MAINTAIN the pipeline.

You do know that there are Canadian bbls flowing over your "most important reservoir" right now, don't you? You are either trying to troll(weakly) or showing yourself as a fucking 13'er moron that you are.

Pipeline companies DO NOT like pulling eminent domain bullshit.  Only when the pipeline co. and the land owner can't come to terms is when we go have to the court and ask the courts to settle the dispute.   It is usually when a bullshit land owner wants triple the going rate for damages for fucking shitty land.  And after all of that we still end up paying the land owner for damages for the going rate.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I would rather they build a refinery than a pipe to send oil across the US to the highest bidder.The northeast needs a Natural gas pipeline more than Canada needs a way to transport tar sands oil.
View Quote

Horseshit.

world markets, how do they work.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't know why but I thought you were talking about a member that died...
View Quote

Same here. I'm getting a pedicure from my wife and I said "fuck! another member died".  I'm glad I was mistaken.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Brb going to DU to watch the fallout.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brb going to DU to watch the fallout.
View Quote

Bring me back a bottle of delicious liberal tears while you're at it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What jobs does a pipeline create? Once it's built, there's very little maintenance. It benefits Canadian oil companies at the expense of American citizens. Nearly zero benefit for anyone who isn't a shareholder or executive of Transcanada. Many adverse effects in the form of contaminated water and property rights violations.
View Quote

Holy shit dude. Stop, please.  

You are fucking talking out of your ass.  You need to see to that.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if it were 1000 jobs rather than the 35 estimated by the State Department, it still wouldn't be worth it. Also, I think I'll trust the environmental impact statement over some oil company shill.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Even if it were 1000 jobs rather than the 35 estimated by the State Department, it still wouldn't be worth it. Also, I think I'll trust the environmental impact statement over some oil company shill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, just admit it. You're a DU troll. Stop trying.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please stop.
You are opening your mouth to change feet.
Please stop.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dude, just admit it. You're a DU troll. Stop trying.
View Quote

Nope. I'm completely against gun control, so I wouldn't really fit in at DU.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, okay.

The pipeline isn't empty.

It's full of oil.  Oil that is brought to refineries where Americans are employed to turn it into fuel so other Americans can use it to grow food and feed 7 billion fucking people.  The oil is also turned into chemicals by other Americans in high paying jobs to make ammunition, plastics, and the cushions under your ass.

Nobody could be so stupid to not know this.  It has to be willful ignorance.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuckstick, err Obama will veto it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that shit.  Even if wasn't going to mean the first fucking new job, it's no goddamn business of the federal government to disallow it.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's full of oil.  Oil that is brought to refineries where Americans are employed to turn it into fuel so other Americans can use it to grow food and feed 7 billion fucking people.  The oil is also turned into chemicals by other Americans in high paying jobs to make ammunition, plastics, and the cushions under your ass.

View Quote

Bull fucking shit. The majority of the crude will be exported, creating very little benefit for Americans.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If the Dems who voted for it don't vote for it on an override, then they voted for it before they voted against it, which will destroy the narrative you say they are trying to create.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Senate only needs 5 votes to override

Your argument is correct but predicated on an intelligent voter base. You know, the same voter base that voted for Obama, TWICE. All a Dem has to do is state that he voted for the Keystone pipeline bill, which is a true statement,. He does not and will not mention he subsequently voted against the override...........People are stupid and politicians are well aware of that...

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because...???
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

So you want to call me a shill, huh.  Well, how 'bout that.  Since you don't fucking know let me be the one that informs you on how this works.  That trusted govt that you put soooo much trust in REGULATES US!!!!  I know, right.  They regulate us down to each and every weld on each and every pipeline that crosses this great nation.  The govt. regulates how many hours we work, what we wear, how and when we wear it.  The environmental impact study you put sooo much trust in was done by, you guessed it, THE SAME FUCKING PIPELINE COMPANY that you sooo like to hate.  What, you think the govt was going to do the study themselves?

You are a fucking tool.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So you want to call me a shill, huh.  Well, how 'bout that.  Since you don't fucking know let me be the one that informs you on how this works.  That trusted govt that you put soooo much trust in REGULATES US!!!!  I know, right.  They regulate us down to each and every weld on each and every pipeline that crosses this great nation.  The govt. regulates how many hours we work, what we wear, how and when we wear it.  The environmental impact study you put sooo much trust in was done by, you guessed it, THE SAME FUCKING PIPELINE COMPANY that you sooo like to hate.  What, you think the govt was going to do the study themselves?

You are a fucking tool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a fucking tool.

How nice of them to acknowledge the risks and thus (hopefully) preclude the building of the pipeline. Also it wasn't prepared exclusively by Transcanada, shill. There was significant input from a variety of agencies.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
The pipeline going thru Ukraine is working out real well for them. If you you don't own whats in the pipe,you own a pipe.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I really hope congress gets its shit together and forces this down the president's  throat like he did to the american people with obamacare
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would rather give the Canadians money than more money to the middle east.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rather give the Canadians money than more money to the middle east.

Amen, eh.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I have some friends with property in the area
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Bull fucking shit. The majority of the crude will be exported, creating very little benefit for Americans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, so lets say that the pipeline does, actually, "create very little benefit for Americans" (which is bullshit, but I digress.)

Are you opposing of the idea solely due to this "fact"?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Okay, so lets say that the pipeline does, actually, "create very little benefit for Americans" (which is bullshit, but I digress.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, along with the environmental risks and inevitable eminent domain issues.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're full of shit, or ignorant
20 year tentative contracts with refineries on the gulf prove otherwise.
Try again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

How nice of them to acknowledge the risks and thus (hopefully) preclude the building of the pipeline.

View Quote

Wow dude, you are 7 layers burrito stupid. Aren't you.

Never mind, I was going to discuss with you risk analysis and how fines are handed out by the DOJ after PHMSA regulatory audits.  But, you are waaayyy more smarter than I could ever be.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I have some friends with property in the area
View Quote

And how do they feel about it?

Follow up:  If they feel negatively towards it, do they understand that there are already many tens, possibly hundreds of pipelines already in the area?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm with you on the eminent domain issues.  I don't like that shit either.

The "environmental risks" are way overblown.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#38]
"I would rather give the Canadians money than more money to the middle east."

This I can agree with. I just wish it was all our profit. America for America.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try again.

They are nearly at capacity as it is. http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_unc_dcu_r3b_m.htm
It'll have virtually no benefit for American citizens.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try again.

Apparently they weren't aware that there are a lot of members here who work in the gas/oil industry who know otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm with you on the eminent domain issues.  I don't like that shit either.

The "environmental risks" are way overblown.  

View Quote

Believe me pipeline companies don't like eminent domain issues or "environmental risks" either.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#42]
35 permanent jobs created by the pipeline.  LOL.  

The PIPELINE won't create the jobs.  It's the OIL FLOWING thru it that will create the JOBS on EACH END of the pipeline.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#43]
FBHO
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's illegal to export American crude oil.  

http://www.thenation.com/article/180131/why-it-illegal-export-american-oil

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

They are nearly at capacity as it is. http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_unc_dcu_r3b_m.htm

It'll have virtually no benefit for American citizens.
View Quote

You think that is "at capacity".

Keep digging.

While your at it, why don't you look up: Cushing and Osage Pipeline and Platte Pipeline.

I mean since you are an oil field google expert now.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was this about then? http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/sen_ed_markey.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Whos the CAOE 13er?

Hey troll, obvious troll is obvious.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, okay.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#49]
The jackass will veto it!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have the slightest fucking clue what you are talking about
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top