Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You make the mistake of thinking his actions in regards to Chris Kyle is the primary reason I dislike Jessie.

It isn't. It's just a small bump in the long road of douchey behavior and tin foil bull shit. I think he's an asshole because he IS an asshole.

I'm tired of his bullshit, insinuations, and "I'm not saying I have the answers. I'm just asking questions." horse excrement.

Shit like this:

And especially:

Good job, tough guy.

Don't you DARE question Jessie, or he'll intimidate you, so long as you're half his size.

Douche.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a reasonable expectation that I carry a thermometer with me to check the temp of my coffee?  It's hot, I know it's hot, and I'm careful with it.  If I'm not careful, it's my fault.

Too many people are looking for the Big Payday.  When my Dad passed away my older brother tried to get me to sign on to a class action suit against the makers of one of the meds he was on.  I looked at the available information and concluded that there was no negligence involved, nor any unreasonable risks.  After all, nothing is 100%, there is a degree of risk in everything.  I declined to take part in the effort to profit from our Father's death, and my brother took that personally for some reason.

In my value system, if the McD's employee had dropped the cup into her lap, the company would have been liable.  

I know, I'm quite the rebel these days with my quaint notions of personal responsibility.  It's a fault I'll have to live with.
View Quote

If I had thrown it on your face, I could have likely killed you, or severely maimed you. Still reasonable?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it time for a "thin skinned" joke?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

When I buy a cup of coffee I expect it to be hot. Third degree burn causing hot, or a more reasonable hot that is drinkable? would it have been acceptable for it to still be boiling in your cup? how about maybe 211 degrees, not quit boiling but close enough? or is there a reasonable temp range that is not a health hazard?

Being a regular coffee drinker, I see this as a reasonable expectation.

If I expect my coffee to be hot, I shouldn't be surprised of the results if I spill it on myself. But you wouldn't expect the spill to cause the skin to slough off your body as a result of the spill - would you? or is that a reasonable expectation?

However, if everybody started taking responsibility for the dumb things they do there would be a lot of unemployed lawyers.

Is it time for a "thin skinned" joke?

probably....if you can stand the heat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And one more thing - when I make coffee at home the water boils.  When I make tea at home it is with water that has been brought to a boil.

I'm sure my experience in this is pretty unique.  Maybe we should ban boiling water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is within 12-20F of the boiling point a reasonable expectation?

And one more thing - when I make coffee at home the water boils.  When I make tea at home it is with water that has been brought to a boil.

I'm sure my experience in this is pretty unique.  Maybe we should ban boiling water.

Do you drink it right away, while still boiling?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

probably....if you can stand the heat.
View Quote

Ok, how about a "skinny" joke?

"Your momma so skinny she hoola hoops with a cheerio."

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait... are we discussing Shakespeare or McDonald's coffee?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I apologize.  The case was brought up and I chased it like a Lab in a backyard full of squirrels.  I'm dropping the hijack.

I now return you to your discussion of Shakespearean plays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait... are we discussing Shakespeare or McDonald's coffee?  

I apologize.  The case was brought up and I chased it like a Lab in a backyard full of squirrels.  I'm dropping the hijack.

I now return you to your discussion of Shakespearean plays.

I just didn't want to miss the chance to get in a smart-assed comment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
All I know is that most of this court/media BS came out after his death & the guy can't even defend himself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lying is also a shitty thing to do.  Lying about someone else is a shitty thing to do.

Actions have consequences.  Kyle fucked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a lot of hate has to do with the fact that he's a faggot in every other aspect of his life too.

Yep.

I actually think he is correct, but I wish he wasn't allowed to keep the money, simply for continuing the civil action against Kyle's wife after his murder.

*Chris Kyle supporter, don't take that post the wrong way.

Ya Chris Kyle may have had his issues but no one is gonna respect a guy who continues to go after a widow. Whether he's in the right or not doesn't matter; people aren't going to like that and will think it's a shitty thing to do.

Lying is also a shitty thing to do.  Lying about someone else is a shitty thing to do.

Actions have consequences.  Kyle fucked up.

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Interestingly with the massive success of the movie the perception of many if not most of the people who saw the film will be CK was a hero, period, and anyone who questions that will be viewed as a douche or worse.  So JV, though he won the case really doesn’t win long term.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just because a judge decides in your favor does not mean you are right.   In many cases it simply means you could afford the better lawyer.

Have you ever heard the phrase "you get the justice you can afford, not the justice you deserve"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys,

I do not know much about the case.

All I know are the basics and that he won......and that the widow is appealing the decision.

Is all of the Ventura hate due to the fact that the case was filed after Kyle's death?

I do not claim to know.

That's why I'm asking.

Just because a judge decides in your favor does not mean you are right.   In many cases it simply means you could afford the better lawyer.

Have you ever heard the phrase "you get the justice you can afford, not the justice you deserve"?

Yes.

I've always hated the fact that your quotation is true.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT....

Chris Kyle had witnesses testify that he did indeed punch Ventura, but no one could corroborate that they heard Ventura said, "they deserve to lose a few men...." which is what the lawsuit was about, that Kyle saying he said that directly cost him money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT....

Chris Kyle had witnesses testify that he did indeed punch Ventura, but no one could corroborate that they heard Ventura said, "they deserve to lose a few men...." which is what the lawsuit was about, that Kyle saying he said that directly cost him money.

Kyle said those were his exact words in his deposition:

Kyle’s retelling was consistent with his published version of what happened at the bar near Kyle’s base at the time in Coronado, Calif. He stood by his claim that Ventura told him “You deserve to lose a few [SEALs],” saying in the videotape, “Those are his exact words.”

He said he then punched Ventura because he believed Ventura was about to hit him.

This witness corroborated the account.

A former U.S. Navy SEAL on Wednesday gave jurors the most complete account yet of the defense’s version of events at the heart of Jesse Ventura’s defamation suit against Chris Kyle, the late author of “American Sniper.”

Jeremiah Dinnell, a 10-year SEALs veteran until he left last year, said he saw Kyle punch Ventura after the former governor said that “[for] what we are doing overseas, we deserve to lose guys.”

Under cross-examination, Ventura attorney David B. Olsen repeatedly challenged Dinnell’s credibility, pointing to some discrepancies in an earlier sworn affidavit and a 2012 deposition. He contended Dinnell had not stated that Ventura talked about SEALs deserving to lose a few.

But during her redirect, one of Taya Kyle’s attorneys, Leita Walker, put a page of Dinnell’s deposition on the court screen; it showed Dinnell stated he heard Ventura say, “with what we are doing overseas, we deserve to lose a few guys.”

Walker asked Dinnell if he had any doubts that Ventura made that statement. “No,” Dinnell said. “It’s something that sticks with you.”

A juror thought that would be going to far, even for Jesse.

Jurors had to decide the validity of the account, including the comments attributed to Ventura, that the United States was “killing men, women and children and murdering” in Iraq, that he “hates America” and that SEALS “deserve to lose a few.”

While the former governor has made “outrageous” statements in the past, the juror could not believe the former governor would talk like that “at a wake for a fallen Navy SEAL.” Said the juror, “It might have been something along those lines or misinterpreted. It was hard for me to believe that you ‘deserve to lose a few’ is a direct quote.”

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ban hot liquids?  Is that your answer?

If I spill it on myself due to my carelessness, it's my fault.

If you throw it in my face you have committed battery, probably of some sort of high nature (as you can tell, I'm not a lawyer - I haven't had my common sensed excised).
View Quote

No. You're smarter than that.

So you think a reasonable and prudent person would expect to be served extremely dangerous substances, that will cause severe injury even possible death, with questionable methods of conveyance, in a situation/location where things being spilled is a common occurrence?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Preponderance of the evidence tipped in favor of Jessie Ventura, which is by no means an absolute determination of fact outside the court room just a weighting of both sides evidence and arguments to provide a civil judgment.

I don't know what happened. The jury doesn't know what happened. Of the people who know what happened one of them is dead and the other certainly has a financial motivation to maintain his claim.

I believe the court's damage's award was excessive. I don't believe Jessie was greatly damaged due to Chris Kyle's allegations, but was damaged by his own asbsurd conspiracy theories that he constantly spread.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Physical harm vs defamation. interesting equivalence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where exactly did I say that?

You're delusional.

With or without winning that lawsuit, Ventura is going to eat, drink, have a nice roof over his head, and live a decent life.

Given that, the choice to let the case go after a bloody murder occurs is an easy one, and yes, one I would make.

You're an attorney, aren't you?
I was one for decades, which is how I easily recognize an attempt to avoid answering a question.

Answer the question: If you were injured by a reckless driver would you drop the suit and pay your attorney fees if the driver who caused the crash subsequently died?

Physical harm vs defamation. interesting equivalence.

An injury which is compensable under the law is an injury which is compensable under the law.
Both are such injuries.

If you don't believe this, ask your attorney.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Am I understanding this right....................Kyle's attorneys suggested JV drop the case after Kyle's death but before the Estate was the new defendant?
That is what the report of the press release said
They didn't think they had a very good case to beat JV's allegations?
That is a reasonable inference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran a search to find out whether the suit was filed before the defendant's death or after.
One of the articles I found purported to reproduce part of the defense lawyers' press release made at the time of the hearing on the motion for substitution.
It contained the idea that JV should have dismissed the suit.

Am I understanding this right....................Kyle's attorneys suggested JV drop the case after Kyle's death but before the Estate was the new defendant?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you write a stories about your lies, tell millions about those lies, publish the book about the lies, and defend the lies, what does that make you?
View Quote

Barack Hussein Obama?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think the bar fight happened, or, if something did happen, not at all the way Kyle described it.

If he was just suing Kyle, fine, but pushing it on his widow after his death was too much.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Reminds me of the scene from Jurassic Park.

JV was more worried about, "can I sue" that he didn't fully think through, "should I sue".  IMO of course.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Imagine the conversation with JV and his attorney after learning of Kyle's death?

JV: Maybe we should drop the lawsuit?

Lawyer: Why? Kyle is not here to defend himself we just won!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Jesse Ventura (L) 2016!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The opinion of one guy. Don can say it all he wants, but others in his community disagree and the US Navy disagrees.   SEALS are not deities nor are they infallible nor are they all of one mind. JV never had the MOS, never went to the course, never earned the trident,--he is not now nor has ever been a SEAL.
View Quote

Just like Chris Kyle?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This.

My honor isn't for sale for any price or amount of fame.
Making up bullshit to sell more books, ruined any honor Kyle had in my eyes.
If I cannot believe one thing you say I can't believe anything you say.

All of you saying what a great person Kyle was, imagine it's your wife fucking another man.
"I swear honey it was only this one time."
Would you believe her or would you dump her ass on the spot no matter how hot or how much money she had?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, Ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

This.

All of you saying what a great person Kyle was, imagine it's your wife fucking another man.
Would you believe her or would you dump her ass on the spot no matter how hot or how much money she had?

So, is it safe for us to infer from your post that in your adult life you've never told a lie?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just like Chris Kyle?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The opinion of one guy. Don can say it all he wants, but others in his community disagree and the US Navy disagrees.   SEALS are not deities nor are they infallible nor are they all of one mind. JV never had the MOS, never went to the course, never earned the trident,--he is not now nor has ever been a SEAL.

Just like Chris Kyle?  

Certainly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So, is it safe for us to infer from your post that in your adult life you've never told a lie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, Ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

This.

Godfrey said it best in Kingdom of Heaven:

Be brave in the face of your enemies.  Be
upright so that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it
leads to your death.

I have never lied about my actions or the actions of others. I don't cheat on my wife or taxes.

It is easier to do right thing than be a fuck up and have to deal with the shit storm you created, or in the case of Kyle, force your family to deal with it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it dishonorable to speak ill of our decorated war dead?   It's certainly poor form.  

I suppose you have no choice, because this is a very serious and important discussion about Jesse Ventura.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How shocked people are to find out that men they admired are flawed.  

Not giving him a pass on alleged falsehoods, but if he did tell a couple of tall-tale sea stories, does that negate the rest of his life and accomplishments?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Chris Kyle?  

How shocked people are to find out that men they admired are flawed.  

Not giving him a pass on alleged falsehoods, but if he did tell a couple of tall-tale sea stories, does that negate the rest of his life and accomplishments?

It certainly shouldn't but it does make one question the extent of his accomplishments. I'm sure he killed a truckload of bad guys but it would be nice not to have to take his autobiography with a grain of salt, which unfortunately you now have to do in light of all his other nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is it dishonorable to speak ill of our decorated war dead?   It's certainly poor form.  

I suppose you have no choice, because this is a very serious and important discussion about Jesse Ventura.
View Quote

You do know what part of AR15.com you are posting in, right?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Guys,

I do not know much about the case.

All I know are the basics and that he won......and that the widow is appealing the decision.

Is all of the Ventura hate due to the fact that the case was filed after Kyle's death?

I do not claim to know.

That's why I'm asking.
View Quote

I know virtually nothing about the details of the incident myself, but I don't care how butthurt you are - you don't take it out on a veteran's widow.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh God they didn't teach you about Shakespeare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do. The fact Shakespeare used them is an indicator.

Oh God they didn't teach you about Shakespeare.

Quoted:
Quoted:
They do. The fact Shakespeare used them is an indicator.

Know how I know you're illiterate?

Both of you claim to be of the opinion that Shakespeare did not employ a lawyer joke in Henry V.

Please, make your case. Not using a mere sarcastic quip or outsourcing your thoughts to someone else. Articulate your reasons for believing a lawyer joke was not used in Henry V.

Details and specifics, please. It should be easy for such well educated gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Both of you claim to be of the opinion that Shakespeare did not employ a lawyer joke in Henry V.

Please, make your case. Not using a mere sarcastic quip or outsourcing your thoughts to someone else. Articulate your reasons for believing a lawyer joke was not used in Henry V.

Details and specifics, please. It should be easy for such well educated gentlemen.
View Quote

Because that entire scene was about Jack Cade trying to push his Anarcho-Communist platform.

Right before the lawyer comment the crowd attacked a man because he could write his name and didn't use a "mark" like honest people.

Now on to you....you were joking the whole time? Otherwise, you wouldn't have used a joke while expressing disgust at barristers. Suuuuuuuuurrrrrreeeee you were.

You got all butthurt when you got called out for using shit you didn't understand. Nice attempt at trying to make this some sort of troll (albeit a shitty trolling)
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Because that entire scene was about Jack Cade trying to push his Anarcho-Communist platform.

Right before the lawyer comment the crowd attacked a man because he could write his name and didn't use a "mark" like honest people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your argument, minus the ad hominem, has been recorded before the public. I will await the reply of the other party to this conversation before responding.

I certainly hope his response is less abbreviated than yours. Otherwise this isn't going to be much fun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#45]
This is done funny stuff.  

Frankly, if Kyle lied, Jessie deserved vindication.  

From his estate.  Sure.  Why not.

Lawyers aren't the problem.   Juries and defendants doing stupid stuff are the problem.

And that's from a lawyer who has ridden both horses.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran a search to find out whether the suit was filed before the defendant's death or after.
One of the articles I found purported to reproduce part of the defense lawyers' press release made at the time of the hearing on the motion for substitution.
It contained the idea that JV should have dismissed the suit.

WOW!!

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:51:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Actually, there is currently a big rift in the community with the younger guys absolutely rejecting JV and the older guys not so much. The inclusion of the former UDT's into the moniker SEAL after the MOS were merged is a nod to the historical roots of UDT to the SEAL community and a gesture of camaraderie to who were considered esteemed colleagues by the older crowd who lived through the divergent career paths.  This is really an "honorary" title extended as the UDT fellows had a different MOS code and had to complete an additional training and selection process if they wanted to extend to get the trident. That they "consider" JV as a fellow SEAL is nice, but not technically true. It is like pilots considering NFOs as "one of them" because we both went to the same basic aviation training.  (Something no pilot would EVER say, LOL)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dislike for Jesse the Shit Stain has nothing to do with Chris Kyle case. It stems from the fact the Jesse claims to be a SEAL when in fact he was UDT; at the time the two units were separated with different local commands and compounds. The only thing they had in common was the BUDS training. Once BUDS was completed UDT went to the fleet and SEALs started a new and expanded training cycle before they went to the fleet.  Jesse should be proud of his UDT service instead of trying to claim to be something he is not.

Additionally Jesse expounds fruit cake ideas.  

Don Shipley (a known quantity in the SF world and a SEAL who actually had a long and prosperous career) says Jesse absolutely has the right to call himself a SEAL and that he doesn't know any other SEALS who think otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeO1DUtnKsE

Actually, there is currently a big rift in the community with the younger guys absolutely rejecting JV and the older guys not so much. The inclusion of the former UDT's into the moniker SEAL after the MOS were merged is a nod to the historical roots of UDT to the SEAL community and a gesture of camaraderie to who were considered esteemed colleagues by the older crowd who lived through the divergent career paths.  This is really an "honorary" title extended as the UDT fellows had a different MOS code and had to complete an additional training and selection process if they wanted to extend to get the trident. That they "consider" JV as a fellow SEAL is nice, but not technically true. It is like pilots considering NFOs as "one of them" because we both went to the same basic aviation training.  (Something no pilot would EVER say, LOL)

You mean the guys who were actually there consider him a SEAL, and the guys who came along 30+ years later don't?

If you're not in the community, I don't think you've got much of a leg to stand on arguing about who has what creds in the community.  I'm not going to argue with Shipley, he's BTDT and if he says he's a SEAL, he's a SEAL.  Comparing SEALs to the aviation community is rather silly.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You mean the guys who were actually there consider him a SEAL, and the guys who came along 30+ years later don't?

If you're not in the community, I don't think you've got much of a leg to stand on arguing about who has what creds in the community.  I'm not going to argue with Shipley, he's BTDT and if he says he's a SEAL, he's a SEAL.  Comparing SEALs to the aviation community is rather silly.

View Quote

You are in the Navy...........what is the general consensus regarding Ventura?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dislike for Jesse the Shit Stain has nothing to do with Chris Kyle case. It stems from the fact the Jesse claims to be a SEAL when in fact he was UDT; at the time the two units were separated with different local commands and compounds. The only thing they had in common was the BUDS training. Once BUDS was completed UDT went to the fleet and SEALs started a new and expanded training cycle before they went to the fleet.  Jesse should be proud of his UDT service instead of trying to claim to be something he is not.

Additionally Jesse expounds fruit cake ideas.  

Don Shipley (a known quantity in the SF world and a SEAL who actually had a long and prosperous career) says Jesse absolutely has the right to call himself a SEAL and that he doesn't know any other SEALS who think otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeO1DUtnKsE

You're still sidestepping the fact a known, and well respected SEAL says Jesse is not "considered" a SEAL, but rather it's 100 percent fine that he calls himself a SEAL.

If you say this any other way you're spinning what he said.

Don Shipley says Jesse Ventura can absolutely call himself a SEAL.  End of story from someone who was one for many years.  Shipley does NOT say it's simply "honorary."

SEALs don't have an MOS.  Navy personnel don't have an MOS.  Navy personnel are awarded NECs.  Why would you keep calling it an MOS?  Yes, Ventura was a 5321 or 5323, I guess, not a 5326.

The US Navy has made no pronouncements one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ventura is not mentioned in the book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, Kyle published a book that accused Ventura saying something that may literally be the worst thing that a man in his position could say. No amount of respect for Kyle's family would change that and nobody in the world would suddenly believe that Ventura didn't say it if he dropped the suit.

Ventura is not mentioned in the book.

Ventura was absolutely mentioned in the book.  Kyle clearly said it was him he was referring to by a nickname in the story.  Otherwise there would have been no case.  Note also that the story is not in the latest version of the book, because the publisher removed it after the lawsuit.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top