Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He hit deer, as in....it was an unavoidable accident. Why is that hard for people to understand?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much does the "little consumer vs big business" mentality play into these situations? If the scenario involved a small mom 'n pop type operation and the restitution demanded would put them on the brink of bankruptcy, would as many posters hold the same opinion?  Where does that line lie?

The OP deserves to be made 100% whole, due to the dealership letting morons fuck with his car outside terms of the agreement. Not OP's fault that the dealership had a shitbag employee, or had lax rules.

He hit deer, as in....it was an unavoidable accident. Why is that hard for people to understand?

On his way back from Community College it seems...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Who all is authorized to take these customers cars home from the dealership for diagnosis purposes?

Any tard that happens to be employed there?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much does the "little consumer vs big business" mentality play into these situations? If the scenario involved a small mom 'n pop type operation and the restitution demanded would put them on the brink of bankruptcy, would as many posters hold the same opinion?  Where does that line lie?

The OP deserves to be made 100% whole, due to the dealership letting morons fuck with his car outside terms of the agreement. Not OP's fault that the dealership had a shitbag employee, or had lax rules.

Was there a point somewhere in your comment?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who all is authorized to take these customers cars home from the dealership for diagnosis purposes?

View Quote

Good point. I looked up his driving record.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
^^^^ Is that all from the same person that was driving your car? I don't see how they got him covered under there insurance policy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
^^^^ Is that all from the same person that was driving your car? I don't see how they got him covered under there insurance policy.
View Quote

Yes, I have it verified that he was the driver.  I don't have access to a state database, so there may be more.  This was just 3 local courts in the area.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, I have it verified that he was the driver.  I don't have access to a state database, so there may be more.  This was just 3 local courts in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, whenever I interview for a job the first thing they wanna see is my driving record, because they know if they can't insure me then everything else is a waste of time.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/noZARJY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tu3rSxf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wFp8aoW.jpg

holy shiet, that tech is a bad driver
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeebus.  (Knocks on wood.)  I haven't had a ticket in 35 years.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Good gawd........a blind person can drive better than that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Correction, It's Mitch D'Amico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jim D'Amico on 615.  He's your ambulance chaser and gets results.

Thanks

I remember you : )  Any more enemy whistlepigs on the prowl over at safe1's ?  

Correction, It's Mitch D'Amico.

Got it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  That is wrong!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it the service manager or a tech?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The driver's offical title was service advisor.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Ya'll need to be posting on the dealerships facebook and yelps!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#22]
lawyer up and take it to them

make sure you get some stock out of the deal too for good measure
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#23]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#24]
We had a tech here for a short time that had 2 dwi convictions. He had a conditional license. Dealership insurance said as long as he wasn't driving them after work it was fine. It didn't take long and he did some stupid shit again that got him arrested and that was the end of that. Too bad really bc when he was sober he was a hell of a tech. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more than you think.(someone with a bad drivers record working at a dealership). With how hard it is to find decent techs if someone has the abilities and the training exceptions are made for sure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually...the person driving the car is the Tech that drew the RO for that car.....so the person making the repair can evaluate the vehicle.....not a service adviser.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/CvkrZYP.jpg

Wow! .....Just wow!

I wonder how many of those wrecks and violations were in other customers cars

Any idea how long has this tard has been employed there?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya'll need to be posting on the dealerships facebook and yelps!

Here you go:

Adventure Subaru Painesville Facebook

The reviews are in!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jesus.

Do you think deer collect data on automobiles before they jump in front of them?

Or do you think people decide to run into deer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand a new one.  Don't let them fix it.

Lawyer up if need be.
This..    

Who in the bloody blue fuck crashes a customer car into a fucking deer? How would you be test driving a car long enough for this to happen?

I would get a lawyer RFN and sic him on their insurance adjuster.

Jesus.

Do you think deer collect data on automobiles before they jump in front of them?

Or do you think people decide to run into deer?

I've got a fantastic deal on spanish prisoners for you if you think he actually hit a deer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#30]
First Post!!!

OK seriously, they are lying to you big time. That damage is not from a deer. I've been in EMS for a long time and have worked a LOT of deer vs vehicle wrecks. Look at the way the hood is wrinkled up on the passenger side. That was run under another larger, taller vehicle or something like that. A car that short, the deer would have been thrown over the hood into the windshield and your damage would most likely be there. Theres no way that a deer would cause damage like that, not that I've ever seen.

Good that you have pics and video. Next time make sure you have a phone or something on that can record your conversation with the dealership. If you can catch them in a lie on camera or audio, it will go a long way toward discrediting them if you have to go to court.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Dealer insurance will want to fix it.  They aren't going to give you a new car.  Op gonna get hosed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#32]
So let me get this straight, according to "their" (adventure Subaru ) rules, hypothetically a person could test drive one of their new cars, beat the ever living dogshit out of it, not be held responsible?  
Lawyer up, contact all the local news outlets OP. once again, best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#33]
There are some free phone call recording apps

It appears Ohio is in fact a single party notification state

This means you should be recording your conversations without even telling them you are doing so

May even be legal to post the good stuff to YouTubes
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#34]
In for the outcome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ohio is a one party state.
Record ALL conversations with dealership and representatives.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Are they replacing it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/CvkrZYP.jpg

Like I fucking said, bet that "deer" looked alot like a dumpster.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

So this would be outside the scope of the agreement OP had with the dealership.

Boom.

New fucking car.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I also see multiple crashes in there.  Hit skip, Failure to yield, and assured clear distance are of course all citations issued for crashes.
View Quote

But you have to believe him man, he said it was a deer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Those pictures look really CLEAN to be a Deer Strike. No hair, gallons of blood, gallons of feces splashed all over the place and on the windshield. It looks like they probably hit something solid, like the back of a waste management truck. Is there an actual police report of the strike? Maybe they hit something on the actual lot. I do not put anything past them.
View Quote

Jesus Christ the OP has already posted a video that shows Deer hair in the Condenser. Get with the times.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also see multiple crashes in there.  Hit skip, Failure to yield, and assured clear distance are of course all citations issued for crashes.

Based on the hair in the video, I'd say it was a deer.

A very small deer, hit at high speed, so that when it was hit, it fucked the front end up and then missed the windshield. I'd be curious if the last top speed was recorded with a timestamp somewhere in the car's smart bits.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio's wiretap statute only applies to a third party recording/intercepting a communication. Parties to a conversation can record each other.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A very small deer, hit at high speed, so that when it was hit, it fucked the front end up and then missed the windshield. I'd be curious if the last top speed was recorded with a timestamp somewhere in the car's smart bits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't trust pieces of shit that hit/skip.

Not like you can't smear deer hair and shit all over a wreck.

The tech has a history of hitting shit and driving poorly, and leaving accidents.

It's almost always what it looks like.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't trust people like that either, but it's not as if you can get a packet of deer bits at the Circle K.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I would be curious as fuck,

I would contact the tow service (or call all in the area) and find out where it happened

unless he didnt call a tow, in that case the car probably overhaeted at the minumum and I would want to know

Also where was car towed from in relation to school and his home (was it a joyride?)

I would have to know these variables...

when I hit deer, I check out my truck and finish off the deer if needed and just continue on (they changed regs on animals hit on road for a food source and dont have time for that shit)

NOW IF I was working and that happened I would make a point to document everything to alienate my self from blame, i would cll police for a record of it and make sure everyone knew it wasn't my fault...CYA

good luck op
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Car dealers are all trash as far as I can tell. Sorry for the situation OP. Hope you get it resolved.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Good to see that their insurance is possibly paying out and getting you another car. Best of luck. I'll be following this.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Car dealers are all trash as far as I can tell. Sorry for the situation OP. Hope you get it resolved.
View Quote
I agree it's rare to find a dealer that is good all around.

Good think there are multiple Subaru dealers around me as some of them are terrible.

The closest Subaru dealer to me in Bedford Hts. has a good parts department but the sales group and service dept. are some of the worst I have dealt with.

I don't know if the OP will go to another Subaru dealer but the one's in Brunswick, Wickliffe, and Akron/Stow are pretty good.

I would take nothing less than a new vehicle from them and would definitely lawyer up if necessary.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The tech has a history of hitting shit and driving poorly, and leaving accidents.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because everyone walks around carrying deer hair and blood with them just incase a situation arises.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't trust people like that either, but it's not as if you can get a packet of deer bits at the Circle K.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it in fact deer hair?
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top