Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:14:01 PM EDT
Today was the fifth day in a row I have been called by NRA contracted solicitors offering some kind of renewal deals. How do you get them to stop??? It certainly is not having the desired effect. If they don't call off the dogs they won't see another dime out of me! I'm tired of the pests!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yes
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]

But first, buy a life membership. https://www.nra2015.org/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Call the membership number on the back of your card and ask them to put you on the do not call list.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
So come up with ten bucks for an associate membership and ask to be added to the do not solicit list.
Problem solved op.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here.  For some reason I am getting hammered by them.  It's a shame they are just robocalling drones or I would ask if the NRA is about to support Nolo in his fight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
In.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Today was the fifth day in a row I have been called by NRA contracted solicitors offering some kind of renewal deals. How do you get them to stop??? It certainly is not having the desired effect. If they don't call off the dogs they won't see another dime out of me! I'm tired of the pests!
View Quote

I bet if you renewed they'd stop since they'd have nothing else to offer you
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate the spiel they give "This the most dangerous time for gun owners in the history of the whole world as Obama tries to work with his allies in the UN to violate our second amendment rights through the global gun ban agenda. Can I put you down for a $50 donation? Oh, you gave last week? Well how about $25 to fight the Obama UN assault in our freedom?"
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
become a life member
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm, which of the low count NRA bashing non team members is going to be found familiar first?
We need an arfcom bookie to lay odds on such things for the rest of us to bet on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same here.  For some reason I am getting hammered by them.  It's a shame they are just robocalling drones or I would ask if the NRA is about to support Nolo in his fight.
View Quote

They were against Heller until the very end, IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck it, I'm foing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#13]
actually with all the money bloomberg and lewis are spending to take away our gun rights you guys don't have to help in the fight, maybe go to a gun buyback and get some real cash for those useless weapons
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not an NRA basher. I have been a member for over thirty years but I don't agree with their tactics. I am very capable of taking care of my membership obligations without some paid solicitor calling me every day . I'm sure these callers are self serving and don't give a damn about the NRA
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not an NRA basher. I have been a member for over thirty years but I don't agree with their tactics. I am very capable of taking care of my membership obligations without some paid solicitor calling me every day . I'm sure these callers are self serving and don't give a damn about the NRA
View Quote

What do you mean self-serving? They're working for a company that has a contract with the NRA to telemarket. So yeah, they could be anybody. But you have to ask the NRA to put you on the do not call list.

The reason they do this, is because they make money doing it. Don't begrudge them the opportunity to make money. They've got a big fight on their hands against Bloomturd et. al.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
yes, I was gonna say buy a life membership and it will stop the calls.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Have you tried calling the main membership number and informing them of this?  The NRA isn't making the calls.  They pay a company to do this.  I would bet someone at that company is the problem, not the NRA.

1. 1 (800) 672-3888

National Rifle Association, Customer service

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]
They've been on a tear lately. I won't answer for 855 and 877 area code numbers anymore.

Already an endowment member.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah theyve been blowing up my shit too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I told them to put me on their do no call list.

I haven't received anymore more calls.

Guess my money isn't as good as yours.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I've never received a single phone call from the NRA.  Neither have any of the other Life members I've signed up in my household.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#23]
"Why do you hate freedom?"
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
The only thing I've received from them in the last year, is a letter offering life insurance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure that the majority of those callers have no affiliation with the NRA other than receiving call lists from them.

Not an NRA member anymore, but when I was a member, all the calls I would get were sales calls trying to get me to buy rain gutters and various other crap. Then came the snail mail spam, Oh.....My.....God...

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm still waiting for my free duffle bag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've never received a single phone call from the NRA.  Neither have any of the other Life members I've signed up in my household.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Been a member for years and I've never gotten a call.  Just a letter now and then. Not a life member, either.  Can't afford it right now.  Maybe I checked off something when I joined.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am not an NRA basher. I have been a member for over thirty years but I don't agree with their tactics.
View Quote

This.  I'm paid up for several more years already, but unless things change by the time I run out, I'm done with them.  About the only thing they seem to want to do anymore is annoy members and run off potential allies.  The NRA needs a serious change in leadership or I'm out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have you tried calling the main membership number and informing them of this?  The NRA isn't making the calls.  They pay a company to do this.  I would bet someone at that company is the problem, not the NRA.

1. [div style='font-weight: lighter; padding: 4px 0px;'][div style='font-size: 32px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: -3px;']1 (800) 672-3888
    [div style='color: rgb(135, 135, 135); font-size: 16px;']National Rifle Association, Customer service

View Quote

LOL

Between that and the junk mail, I think I found away for them to save a few bucks. It sounds like they need it pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The only thing I've received from them in the last year, is a letter offering life insurance.
View Quote

I get tons and tons of mail. And some email. But no phone calls. I did get a phone call over a year ago, and I told them very nicely that I didn't need them to do that anymore, and they don't do it anymore. Knock on wood, let's hope they still keep on not doing it!

The letters and emails don't bother me a bit. I trash anything that doesn't interest me.

Edit: I'm paid up for years and years. Not sure, maybe 3-5 more years still to go before I need to renew.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't mind NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#33]
They have an easy pay life membership.  

I went that route.  I don't see my views on gun rights changing
anytime soon.

I also opted for no magazine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#34]

They stopped calling to ask me to renew when I became a Life Member.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Been a member for years and I've never gotten a call.  Just a letter now and then. Not a life member, either.  Can't afford it right now.  Maybe I checked off something when I joined.
View Quote

Can't afford 25 bucks a quarter?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They stopped calling to ask me to renew when I became a Life Member.

View Quote

I've been a member for three weeks.  I've gotten one Email.

Nobody calling me to renew my life membership

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I had never minded the calls and mail and emails...until they started calling me at 5:00 pm, and when I picked up the phone no one was on the other end.  Then when I call them right back I get a message that their offices are closed.

I called them back and told them they wouldn't see anymore money from me for a while. It sucks because I always liked to give a random $25 or so to them every month or so, and I support the cause.  My  membership was also still good for 2 more years.

The calls immediately stopped, and as long as it stays that way I'll re- up when my membership expires and start to donate again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had never minded the calls and mail and emails...until they started calling me at 5:00 pm, and when I picked up the phone no one was on the other end.  Then when I call them right back I get a message that their offices are closed.

I called them back and told them they wouldn't see anymore money from me for a while. It sucks because I always liked to give a random $25 or so to them every month or so, and I support the cause.  My  membership was also still good for 2 more years.

The calls immediately stopped, and as long as it stays that way I'll re- up when my membership expires and start to donate again.
View Quote

Why wouldn't you just do a life membership?  Sounds like you could've already paid for one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Just upgraded from Life to Endowment.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Weren't they running a deal on Lifetime memberships a little while back?

I missed out.

If anyone has one of those deals to offer - hit me up with an IM.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Weren't they running a deal on Lifetime memberships a little while back?

I missed out.

If anyone has one of those deals to offer - hit me up with an IM.

View Quote

They have two easy pay options.  I opted for 25 bucks a month.

They have one for 25 bucks a quarter.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
try JFPO if you don't like NRA?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I just uped mine to the three year and haven't gotten a call since lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Sucks to be you OP.

I just received a nice gift from our NRA brother ModernMusket.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
This.  I'm paid up for several more years already, but unless things change by the time I run out, I'm done with them.  About the only thing they seem to want to do anymore is annoy members and run off potential allies.  The NRA needs a serious change in leadership or I'm out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not an NRA basher. I have been a member for over thirty years but I don't agree with their tactics.

It's amazing how often I have to post this, but... here goes again....

Now, let me explain what you're looking at.  At the podium is President Obama, avowed hater of citizens owning guns.  To his left is the sobbing Vice President, who has spent his political career working to curtail your gun rights.  To the President's right, staring blankly into infinity, is The Potato, hand-puppet of gun-grabbing want-to-be-superstar Mark Kelly.  The occasion of that photo was the defeat of the Manchin-Toomey Gun Control Bill in the President's very own Democratic controlled Senate.

Let me remind you of some of the provisions of the bill and amendments that were on the table at the time:

• Single-feature-test assault weapons ban.

• Magazine ban.

• Expanded background checks that would have criminalized inter-family transfers of guns.

• ADDING ALL SEMI-AUTO WEAPONS TO THE NFA.

And the defeat of that bill was served up by.... the National Rifle Association.  The NRA, its lobbyists, its members, and support given to the NRA-ILA, are what defeated that bill.  Now, I don't know what kind of "tactics" that involved that you disagree with now, but I hope the NRA has a lot more of it left in them.

And bear in mind that the NRA has no money of its own.  It doesn't own a gold mine somewhere, or a railroad, or a city full of rent houses.  The money for the NRAILA and the NRAPVF (the two political arms of the NRA) comes from NRA members who donate on a regular basis to those causes to further the fight against people like those in the picture above.  What you're saying when you tell us that you're not going to be an NRA member and support the NRA, is that you want everyone else who does financially support them to give their money to protect your rights, but you don't want to give your own.  You're saying that you want the rest of us to pay your way for you.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#47]
As previously stated- I support the NRA and have been a member for many years. Also I am fully capable of managing my membership renewal. The incessant phone calls made by hired  solicitors have not had the desired effect on me unless it is  to irritate. We have all had the recorded phone calls offering to " reduce our credit card rates" and other like offers .  I contribute gladly but this method of sweat shop phone intimidation is not in the best interest of the NRA.  respectfully TG
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#48]
There have been known scammers cold calling people claiming to be the NRA. Google the number when they call and see what comes up.

Also, there is a company called "National Recovery Agency" that address themselves as "the NRA" when they call. Apparently they are pushing magazine sales and are intentionally misleading when they call.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/nra

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#49]
They jumped the shark when it was easier to change my address with Playboy than the NRA.

The wife and I are life members in the ...$350 deal?  We attended the auctions and bought & gave etc.  When we had kids we asked that we not be contacted after 7pm EST.  That was 2010.  So we were left messages during the day and continued our sponsership.  The last 5 days they have called every day @ 20:30-22:30.  Finally last night for the 5th time of saying I would give no more if it happened again I lost it and got a supervisor and was given the sales pitch rather than an apology for waking up my kids.  So I told them they won't get a fucking thing from now to eternity.  Fuck 'em if they can't respect their members.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I talked to them once, but haven't seemed to have any issues with calls since?  There was one or two, just told them that I did not want to receive any more calls.  Past couple of years, none.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top