Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:04:10 PM EDT
http://controversialtimes.com/news/cop-opens-fire-with-ar-15-while-driving-during-high-speed-chase-raw-video/

GANGSTA!!! firing thru the windshield during the pursuit. even had to reload. try not to vomit!

he following video shows an Albuquerque police officer using his patrol rifle to open fire on a suspect during a high speed pursuit back in October of 2013.

The incident started when Christopher Chase, wearing camouflage, a black mask, and armed with a rifle walked up to an passerby to call 911 and tell the police he was waiting for them.

When police arrived authorities said he fired several gunshots at them and stole an Albuquerque police car from an officer who was seeking cover.

The ensuing chase led to a rolling, high speed shootout between Chase and law enforcement officers. Three police officers and a sheriff’s deputy were wounded in the encounter.

Police were able to ram the stolen police vehicle into a gas station and opened fire again on Chase, killing him.

Police served a search warrant on his Chase’s that night. The home appeared to booby tapped, but those traps were fake.

“He had what was fishing line, what appeared to be fake artillery shells, with wires coming out of them, and he had the windows boarded up,” Albuquerque Police Department Chief Allen Banks said.

“The subject called and waited for police. I call it a senseless act, a coward’s act,” Banks said when asked if the shooting was an ambush.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Well Damn!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, i  thought Texas DPS had that sort of thing all locked up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
DAYUM!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
We did this 2 years ago
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that just an average day in America?
View Quote

Apparently it is in New Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

no, that's an exceptional day, indeed..
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeeeeeeeeeah... My department has a pretty liberal shooting policy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be fired, or at the least, disciplined for shooting through a windshield while driving at high speeds down a busy street.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Somebody get this guy a go-pro head mount and a new dash/windshield.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Does the officer get paid disability now for the hearing loss?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeeeeeeeeeah... My department has a pretty liberal shooting policy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be fired, or at the least, disciplined for shooting through a windshield while driving at high speeds down a busy street.  

View Quote

I joined in on the tail end of a pursuit of a tractor trailer rig  once,  DPS shot the living crap out of the whole truck for almost 40 miles before we even  knew  it was on it's way. .  Several of the troopers were out of ammo when it finally  stopped. All the tires were flat and the cab looked  like a  spaghetti strainer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only in the "no go zones"
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Haha holy fuck I don't mean to trivialize such a dangerous encounter but that will be one hell of a story to tell the grand kids later.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only in our No-Go zones.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn right!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Doesn't firing through a windshield deflect the bullet pretty significantly?  He might have pushed the muzzle through the windshield, I couldn't tell.  Just seems a little reckless to fire, from a moving vehicle, through angled safety glass, while driving.  Thankfully no stray rounds hit innocents!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I joined in on the tail end of a pursuit of a tractor trailer rig  once,  DPS shot the living crap out of the whole truck for almost 40 miles before we even  knew  it was on it's way. .  Several of the troopers were out of ammo when it finally  stopped. All the tires were flat and the cab looked  like a  spaghetti strainer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has a bystander ever been hit?  Serious question.  Because where I am standing, that would be a multi, multi million dollar lawsuit.

I can't think of another way do describe what I just saw in any other way but "gross negligence and a complete disregard for public safety."  ...and I've done some pretty stupid shit in my days.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice. Makes my reckless shooting seem positively tame.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Still reminds me of DukeNuke'em!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Needs more bawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpp

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does the officer get paid disability now for the hearing loss?
View Quote

Huh?....What?!!!..Fuck!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]
 I bet that was fun.  Is that gonna play well?  Perhaps installing 50s or guided rockets would be better.  ALSO...inattentive driving much?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Doesn't firing through a windshield deflect the bullet pretty significantly?  He might have pushed the muzzle through the windshield, I couldn't tell.  Just seems a little reckless to fire, from a moving vehicle, through angled safety glass, while driving.  Thankfully no stray rounds hit innocents!
View Quote

While cool and all, I would be interested to see the round count versus holes in the car.  Those other rounds had to go somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Has a bystander ever been hit?  Serious question.  Because where I am standing, that would be a multi, multi million dollar lawsuit.

I can't think of another way do describe what I just saw in any other way but "gross negligence and a complete disregard for public safety."  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't think of another way do describe what I just saw in any other way but "gross negligence and a complete disregard for public safety."  

Not that i'm aware of,  there was a stink a while back when a truck load of illegals  was fired on by  a DPS helicopter causing them to wreck, but most folks did not really care.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw in an old gun magazine a cop who had a highpower rifle rigged up in a mount aiming through his windshield. If somebody wouldn't pull over for him, he'd just lean over to his rifle and shoot the driver of the fleeing car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not that i'm aware of,  there was a stink a while back when a truck load of illegals  was fired on by  a DPS helicopter causing them to wreck, but most folks did not really care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW...  Our duty manual says "generally should not fire from a moving vehicle", but I'm pretty sure the back door would be hitting me in the ass about 30 seconds after the Shooting Investigation Team reviewed the bodycam.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I had to do that today on my way into town and I'm not even a cop. Fucking hoodlems shoot at you fun now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]
The cop did this again 2 years later?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dang, i  thought Texas DPS had that sort of thing all locked up.
View Quote

No, they still use the finger up the butt trick.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Get the man a 007 car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Yea...DPMS finally goes to war!  lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that. It was epic.
did the DPS guy use an M1A?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#35]
So firing ar through windshield is good to go, and eating a cheeseburger while driving is dangerous. Check. I think I'm getting it now.

I do think this guy played to many video games though...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as you kept putting your selector back to SAFE in between shooting, you should be fine.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We did this 2 years ago
View Quote
Yup, and the consensus then was the cop was reckless as he couldn't guarantee his backstops.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That video was like if the collective conscious of GD sprung to life with a badge.

View Quote

Where do I sign up!  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I would imagine that there would be some upward deflection from the wind shield at that angle?

So your Point-of-Aim would have to be lower?

(Not that you can really do any "aiming" during a high speed pursuit, just making a scientific observation...)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#42]
would love to see that side by side with the dash cam
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well I'm there in 10 days time, maybe I can do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I had to do that today on my way into town and I'm not even a cop. Fucking hoodlems shoot at you fun now.

Well I'm there in 10 days time, maybe I can do that?

Where you going to be?  It's near 80 degrees today and sunny, there is a very nice range nearby.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#45]
My $.02 from the couch
Stop patrol car
Pick up another officer
Get back in the chase
Officer in passenger seat opens fire=more accurate shots on target

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Watched Heat one time to many.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would imagine that there would be some upward deflection from the wind shield at that angle?

So your Point-of-Aim would have to be lower?

(Not that you can really do any "aiming" during a high speed pursuit, just making a scientific observation...)
View Quote

1st round through a given spot will indeed deflect up.  Rounds through the same hole after that will be normal POA/POI.  It looked like he shoved the barrel through the hole after a while to help stabilize.  Either way, pretty negligent and irresponsible.  Wouldn't fly for a second in my department.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn!! you know things have gone to shit when..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top